Remington Files For Bankruptcy

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/26/2018 8:35pm
I know there's quite a few of you on here that are into guns so I just thought I'd post this in case you weren't already aware.

Story Here
|
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
3/26/2018 8:42pm
Sad really. A great American Company.

I have their products in a variety of types. High Quality and products that will outlive me and many I got from my grandfather and my great grandfather....and I am over 50 Y/O...
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
3/26/2018 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2018 9:10pm
I think Remington is owned by the same firm that owns Staples & Albertsons.
Sounds like they are just offloading it anyway possible.
captmoto
3/26/2018 9:12pm
BK should give them relief from creditors for now. They could restructure and try for a comeback but consumer confidence in Remington is really low.
Ebs
3/26/2018 9:16pm
Lots of internet talk over quality issues after being bought by Freedom Group.

The Shop

B DUB 333
3/26/2018 10:06pm
Freedom group blows. They stole dpms from us. As a matter of fact, all these huge corps buying whatever tickles their fancy for the day sucks. I prefer smaller companies. Seems like better customer service and better product
Mr. G
3/27/2018 1:34am
That is too bad.
newmann
3/27/2018 6:22am
Big corp mismanagement. If you think that is bad, just check out Colt's situation. How in the world could a company with that name on the sign out front go tits up in the recent Obama political climate? When Trump got elected, gun sales took a pretty huge drop. The gun grabbers failed to notice how many AR15 mfgs were dropping out. They should have kept their mouths shut and let nature take its course. Instead, they get stupid and stoke the fires of gun sales all over again.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
3/27/2018 2:10pm
They didn't budget properly during the Obama feast years from everyone buying up guns thanks to fear mongering. I almost wonder if they expected 4 more years of it because they expected Hillary to win.

Anyways, "Thoughts and Prayers for Remington"
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
3/27/2018 2:18pm
tcannon521 wrote:
They didn't budget properly during the Obama feast years from everyone buying up guns thanks to fear mongering. I almost wonder if they expected 4 more...
They didn't budget properly during the Obama feast years from everyone buying up guns thanks to fear mongering. I almost wonder if they expected 4 more years of it because they expected Hillary to win.

Not the worst theory. I bet they have a Government Relations department that thinks about stuff like that and plans accordingly.
3/27/2018 3:17pm
They got cheap with things like finishing. The new 870s spot rust and they ran the model 700 into the ground.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/27/2018 5:15pm
tcannon521 wrote:
They didn't budget properly during the Obama feast years from everyone buying up guns thanks to fear mongering. I almost wonder if they expected 4 more...

Funny how things worked out.
JRT812
3/27/2018 6:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 5:42am
newmann wrote:
Big corp mismanagement. If you think that is bad, just check out Colt's situation. How in the world could a company with that name on the...
Big corp mismanagement. If you think that is bad, just check out Colt's situation. How in the world could a company with that name on the sign out front go tits up in the recent Obama political climate? When Trump got elected, gun sales took a pretty huge drop. The gun grabbers failed to notice how many AR15 mfgs were dropping out. They should have kept their mouths shut and let nature take its course. Instead, they get stupid and stoke the fires of gun sales all over again.
Don’t get me started on Colt. Colt fan here and even named my son Colt....that company is a weird one. Still can’t believe they let Brent go from the custom shop Just when it feels like they’re getting their act together they consistently prove they’re they same ole Colt

One of my local shops who is a authorized dealer has zero colts in stock as far as handguns go.
rosebud441
3/28/2018 12:20pm
Remington is owned by the mega-banks now.. Chase-Morgan i believe,, and they intended on letting it die and handing the losses to the shareholders,, god bless the USA
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/28/2018 1:45pm
rosebud441 wrote:
Remington is owned by the mega-banks now.. Chase-Morgan i believe,, and they intended on letting it die and handing the losses to the shareholders,, god bless...
Remington is owned by the mega-banks now.. Chase-Morgan i believe,, and they intended on letting it die and handing the losses to the shareholders,, god bless the USA
According to the story I posted they're owned by Cerberus Capital Management. Looks like they own a whole bunch of different things.
JAFO92
3/28/2018 2:08pm
rosebud441 wrote:
Remington is owned by the mega-banks now.. Chase-Morgan i believe,, and they intended on letting it die and handing the losses to the shareholders,, god bless...
Of course when THEY blow it with finances, the taxpayer gets to pay for it and bail them out.

2008 *cough*
plowboy
3/28/2018 6:55pm
Like most modern big businesses....every penny coming in the door is doled out in bonuses and major shareholder dividends. If sales hit a rough patch there's nothing in the bank to tide them over. The big boys got theirs....screw everyone else.....it's business management 101. I ain't joking even a little.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
3/28/2018 7:05pm
I had an 870 come apart on me, mid-fire. Early morning duck hunting so it looked like a mini explosion. Now, I know, it was an 870, but still.

I do have an 1187 Premier. Its a pretty nice gun though.

At the end of the day, I hate to hear classic American companies struggle. For whatever reasons.
APLMAN99
3/28/2018 7:55pm
rosebud441 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
According to the story I posted they're owned by Cerberus Capital Management. Looks like they own a whole bunch of different things.
Cerberus pulled a Tony Soprano move with them. Borrowed as much as they could, spent that money on “returns” to their investors, then are going to basically default on those obligations.

Like when Tony took over the sporting goods store and they maxed out ordering supplies that they could sell off the books, leaving the actual owner with mountains of debt and no way out but bankruptcy.
Motoxdoc
3/28/2018 10:19pm
tcannon521 wrote:

"Thoughts and Prayers for Remington"

Exactly what the children from Parkland, FL and Littleton, CO are thinking.....with all the sincerity that the politicians exhibit when THEY say it to the kids, that is.
3/29/2018 1:27am
I would post 10 pictures of kids firing Remington sporting rifles at competitions but I’m too lazy to do that now. I’m sure those children are thinking how wonderful it is Remington is going under too !
APLMAN99
3/29/2018 3:44am
I would post 10 pictures of kids firing Remington sporting rifles at competitions but I’m too lazy to do that now. I’m sure those children are...
I would post 10 pictures of kids firing Remington sporting rifles at competitions but I’m too lazy to do that now. I’m sure those children are thinking how wonderful it is Remington is going under too !
But would you label those children pawns, as the young people from Parkland have been?
JRT812
3/29/2018 5:13am
kzizok wrote:
I had an 870 come apart on me, mid-fire. Early morning duck hunting so it looked like a mini explosion. Now, I know, it was an...
I had an 870 come apart on me, mid-fire. Early morning duck hunting so it looked like a mini explosion. Now, I know, it was an 870, but still.

At the end of the day, I hate to hear classic American companies struggle. For whatever reasons.
The 870 used to be a good shotgun. No frills and always worked. Haven’t tried a newer one, but the few I had in the past always worked and didn’t care if a scratch got on it.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
3/29/2018 6:54pm
kzizok wrote:
I had an 870 come apart on me, mid-fire. Early morning duck hunting so it looked like a mini explosion. Now, I know, it was an...

JRT812 wrote:
The 870 used to be a good shotgun. No frills and always worked. Haven’t tried a newer one, but the few I had in the past...
The 870 used to be a good shotgun. No frills and always worked. Haven’t tried a newer one, but the few I had in the past always worked and didn’t care if a scratch got on it.
My sentiments exactly on the 870. No issues in the past and really didnt care about scratching it up and stuff.

The one that blew apart was a newer one.
3/29/2018 8:56pm
My old 870 express does me well. I’d imagine someone else gonna but up the Remington name not sure tho.
Hudweiser9
3/31/2018 5:40am
I would post 10 pictures of kids firing Remington sporting rifles at competitions but I’m too lazy to do that now. I’m sure those children are...
APLMAN99 wrote:
But would you label those children pawns, as the young people from Parkland have been?
I would not.... no 24-7 mainstream media coverage, no political agenda, no so called "celebrities" funding marches, etc... just doing their own thing, enjoying sporting competition.

Post a reply to: Remington Files For Bankruptcy

The Latest