Reflex and monster energy sx game controls

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2018 3:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 3:09 PM

Wow. I mean my goodness. Reflex is brutal to learn. It takes about an hour or two of gameplay to get the muscle memory of how to control the bike. Monster energy sx I just downloaded and the right stick is just the rider weight so a tad easier but still hard to get used to. These are definitely games that make you not want to play when first start out because you are all over the place then your brain and muscles get used to it and it becomes fun but it takes a while.
So do you guys like the mx vs atv physics or controls better or the new monster energy sx one?
It’s so odd. I’m 45 and video games don’t do much for me anymore but loved them when I was young. I don’t have the patience to sit there and play for hours but I want to play.

|

3/27/2018 2:38 PM

I don't have the new MX games yet, but I did notice on my kids' old Xbox and their new PS4 that the default setting for up/down is backward.
When I was growing up, you pulled back to go up and pushed forward to go down, like an airplane yoke. Now it's push forward to move your reticle or vehicle to the top of the TV screen and vice-versa. I can't even play without adjusting that back to normal and it makes me wonder why and when it was ever changed...
It would be REALLY weird to have that orientation on an MX game; push forward to pull up on the bars? No thanks.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/27/2018 2:54 PM

Falcon wrote:

I don't have the new MX games yet, but I did notice on my kids' old Xbox and their new PS4 that the default setting for up/down is backward.
When I was growing up, you pulled back to go up and pushed forward to go down, like an airplane yoke. Now it's push forward to move your reticle or vehicle to the top of the TV screen and vice-versa. I can't even play without adjusting that back to normal and it makes me wonder why and when it was ever changed...
It would be REALLY weird to have that orientation on an MX game; push forward to pull up on the bars? No thanks.

inverse y-axis should be the default on games. i change it on every game i play.

Photo

|

3/27/2018 2:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2018 2:57 PM

as for the control differences of the two games, i don't find them too different. the actual feel of the games, however, are drastically different.

it definitely takes muscle memory and reaction time to master both. my biggest problem with both games has been drifting over to the tuff-blocks it's like my reaction time is slow so i eventually drift over into them and screw up my momentum or wreck/go off the track. it seems like 10 years ago my reaction time was perfect and i had less of those problems. i've also slowed down on FPS games because i just don't process it as quickly as i used to. it's almost like since i had my cataract surgery it takes me longer to process what i'm seeing on the screen. weird stuff.

|