Red Dead Redemption 2

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/20/2018 9:52am
Red Dead Redemption 2 has been nominated in 8 categories for The Game Awards.

Game of the Year
Best Action/Adventure Game
Best Game Direction
Best Narrative
Best Art Direction
Best Score/Music
Best Audio Design
Best Performance: Roger Clark as Arthur Morgan

The Game Awards will be broadcast live from Los Angeles on Thursday, December 6th at 8:30PM Eastern / 5:30 Pacific across all major digital, gaming and social platforms.

You can cast your votes for Red Dead Redemption 2 in all 8 categories at https://thegameawards.com/awards
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/20/2018 10:09am
Hey guys I was just reading up on the game and apparently there's a bug that is related to Arthur Morgan's gang members. The article was posted earlier this month so it might have already been fixed (still haven't received my copy so no idea).

Apparently some people have experienced some of his gang members (Sadie Adler, John Marston, etc.) disappearing in Chapter 2.

The article said the following:

“If you completed the mission ‘Polite Society, Valentine Style’ at the start of Chapter 2, but needed to use the Retry Checkpoint feature, then Sadie, Jack, John, and Abigail will only appear in camp when they have missions for you to complete.”

In the meantime they said to keep Sadie, Jack, John and Abigail from going missing to do the following:

“In order to experience all vignettes and conversations, players must complete the ‘Polite Society, Valentine Style’ mission without using Retry Checkpoint. If the player fails any portion of the mission they should abandon and restart mission, or load a save before the mission failed.”

It then said that if it’s too late to go do this, you will miss some key interactions but that your ability to progress in missions won’t be affected. Apparently all four characters are back by the time the 4th chapter begins.

Have any of you experienced this or even noticed they had gone missing?

Like I mentioned, I'm not sure if it's been fixed or not but if not Rockstar is currently working on a fix.
peelout
11/20/2018 10:49am
i haven't received that bug, to be honest i really haven't had any issues/bugs other than the game deciding to swap my dual custom Schofield revolvers for a single Worn Cattleman revolver at the most inopportune times (ie missions).
Stuntman949
11/20/2018 11:39am

Best song of the soundtrack in my humble opinion. Never heard it in game though

The Shop

Sunhouse
11/20/2018 11:43am
Anyone come across the brother and sister who are eating people? Saw it on YT, and it was straight from True Dedective, down to the characters looks
peelout
11/20/2018 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 12:13pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Anyone come across the brother and sister who are eating people? Saw it on YT, and it was straight from True Dedective, down to the characters...
Anyone come across the brother and sister who are eating people? Saw it on YT, and it was straight from True Dedective, down to the characters looks
it starts out as a random encounter and turns into a full on story event. it's pretty creepy and dark but if i remember correctly they were just luring people in to drug them up then rob them and dump them in a pit. definitely incestuous though.

i have come across some cannibals in the hills, again just little random encounters. a lot of times i'll sneak up to camps and just sit there and listen. it's pretty crazy how fleshed out even random NPC's are.

my favorite random encounter so far has been in the North East by Butchers Creek area. i set up camp to sleep and was met by a cutscene with two Murfree boys claiming it was their territory and threatening Arthur. they warn me as they get on their horses and the cutscene ends. i gunned them down and immediately after Arthur says "I'll camp wherever I want"... it was awesome
peelout
11/20/2018 12:59pm

Best song of the soundtrack in my humble opinion. Never heard it in game though
this one is my favorite so far, i'm still in Chapter 6 and i think this song was either at the end of Chapter 5 or in Chapter 6.

May I? Stand Unshaken
MotoMo165
11/21/2018 1:40am
Have you guys ran into the house that belongs to really fat dude trying to invite you in for lunch and the wife is trying to seduce you... you have the option to go in. That’s all I’ll say for spoiler reasons
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
11/21/2018 4:51am
I'm still on chapter 2, I have notice the camp is bare hmm
11/21/2018 8:36am
As above: Sadie and Jack reappeared for me in Chapter 4, and so I was able to finish my missions for those two characters. Definitely a bug.

Just a little thing but has anyone bumped into the meteor house? Very amusing.

peelout
11/21/2018 9:00am Edited Date/Time 11/21/2018 9:03am
As above: Sadie and Jack reappeared for me in Chapter 4, and so I was able to finish my missions for those two characters. Definitely a...
As above: Sadie and Jack reappeared for me in Chapter 4, and so I was able to finish my missions for those two characters. Definitely a bug.

Just a little thing but has anyone bumped into the meteor house? Very amusing.

yeah that one was pretty wild. i guess there are special houses scattered, checking my progress screen i've been to 4/6. another one was an old trading post.

how about the cabin with the Grizzly inside? lol killed my ass as i didn't expect it what-so-ever. also i think i've been killed at least a few times by bears and countless times by cougars. cougars are fucking ruthless and near impossible to get away from if they pounce you.
SEE ARE125
11/21/2018 11:12am
Markee wrote:
I’m in the same spot. Are you contributing anything? lol Anytime I’m heading back to camp I’ll pull out the bow or lasso and grab some food for the camp. I also donate all the small jewelry I loot from people, pocketwatches and stuff. Anything above $10 I keep for myself. One thing is certain, I’m about tired of supporting the whole damn camp. Every time I look at the ledger it’s 98% Arthur making donations. And that’s only monetary, not including the food I always take back. Bunch of freeloading lazy asses in my camp. Also, you can go to the ledger and determine how camp money should be spent. I bought the $200+ upgrade for Dutch, supposed to encourage others to donate. Nope. Still as lazy as ever.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/21/2018 1:40pm
I kept my camp full at all times. I have been on chapter 6 for a while but says still just under 70 percent. Hunted and fished like crazy and trying to complete all the side challenges etc. Crazy game.
ProKawi24
11/21/2018 2:24pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Have you guys ran into the house that belongs to really fat dude trying to invite you in for lunch and the wife is trying to...
Have you guys ran into the house that belongs to really fat dude trying to invite you in for lunch and the wife is trying to seduce you... you have the option to go in. That’s all I’ll say for spoiler reasons
What area/location?
peelout
11/21/2018 3:24pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Have you guys ran into the house that belongs to really fat dude trying to invite you in for lunch and the wife is trying to...
ProKawi24 wrote:
What area/location?
it's south east of Emerald Ranch at Aberdeen Pig Farm
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/21/2018 3:51pm
Forgot to say I always have a shot gun loaded with slugs that kills any surprise ambush by anything.
Just played battlefield 5 multiplayer and not super happy. To fast and a blur like a few releases back. Closer to black ops so far.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
11/21/2018 10:18pm
Markee wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I’m in the same spot. Are you contributing anything? lol Anytime I’m heading back to camp I’ll pull out the bow or lasso and grab some...
I’m in the same spot. Are you contributing anything? lol Anytime I’m heading back to camp I’ll pull out the bow or lasso and grab some food for the camp. I also donate all the small jewelry I loot from people, pocketwatches and stuff. Anything above $10 I keep for myself. One thing is certain, I’m about tired of supporting the whole damn camp. Every time I look at the ledger it’s 98% Arthur making donations. And that’s only monetary, not including the food I always take back. Bunch of freeloading lazy asses in my camp. Also, you can go to the ledger and determine how camp money should be spent. I bought the $200+ upgrade for Dutch, supposed to encourage others to donate. Nope. Still as lazy as ever.
Where are the details of what the camp is lacking? You are right, lazy bastards.

I bring them food and money, do the chores if available. I only have one story character active, located in blackwater.
peelout
11/23/2018 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2018 12:40pm
i'm pretty far into Chapter 6 and am dragging this Chapter out because i can tell what's going on and i don't want to go there... heavy game

also, watched Ballad of Buster Skruggs last night and absolutely loved it
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/24/2018 7:46am
peelout wrote:
i'm pretty far into Chapter 6 and am dragging this Chapter out because i can tell what's going on and i don't want to go there...
i'm pretty far into Chapter 6 and am dragging this Chapter out because i can tell what's going on and i don't want to go there... heavy game

also, watched Ballad of Buster Skruggs last night and absolutely loved it
Me too on chapter 6. Just taking my time. Glad you enjoyed Buster.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/24/2018 10:59am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2018 11:12am
How many of you have tried to get your hands on Micah? I have tried to get to him but he stays 1 step out of reach. They anticipated what a jackass he is and knew people would want to end him. Lol
Oh yea I stuffed him off his horse a few times while riding in groups. Ha Good times.
murph783
11/26/2018 2:47am
FLmxer wrote:
How many of you have tried to get your hands on Micah? I have tried to get to him but he stays 1 step out of...
How many of you have tried to get your hands on Micah? I have tried to get to him but he stays 1 step out of reach. They anticipated what a jackass he is and knew people would want to end him. Lol
Oh yea I stuffed him off his horse a few times while riding in groups. Ha Good times.
I keep trying to throw a stick of dynamite into camp and take Dutch out. Or miss Grimshaw for that matter. No such luck so far, will keep at it lol.
peelout
11/26/2018 8:33am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2018 8:34am
made it to Epilogue 2 this weekend... after finishing Chapter 6 i've been rushing through. i'll be going back and re-starting as soon as i finish.

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/26/2018 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2018 12:36pm
peelout wrote:
made it to Epilogue 2 this weekend... after finishing Chapter 6 i've been rushing through. i'll be going back and re-starting as soon as i finish.

Me too. Have to be close to the end. I just started closing out as many challenges as I can before heading to next story mission. Also trying creative ways of killing enemy camps. Anyone sneak in with a carcass and let predators help like red dead1? I alway go in throwing knives or axes then clean up with the pump 12 with slugs.
peelout
11/26/2018 12:50pm
peelout wrote:

FLmxer wrote:
Me too. Have to be close to the end. I just started closing out as many challenges as I can before heading to next story mission...
Me too. Have to be close to the end. I just started closing out as many challenges as I can before heading to next story mission. Also trying creative ways of killing enemy camps. Anyone sneak in with a carcass and let predators help like red dead1? I alway go in throwing knives or axes then clean up with the pump 12 with slugs.
i usually buff my dead-eye before going into a camp then sneak as close as i can and try to take them all out in one dead-eye with my dual weld Mauser pistols. right now my max is 9 guys but i'm usually taking down 5-6 before having to reload the dead-eye meter.

i wish stealth was a little better in this game. seems like in the dark they can see you behind a tree in the bushes from like 50 yards and then everyone knows your location.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/26/2018 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2018 5:13pm
I didn't catch all the legendary fish before the epilague so I guess I cant mail them now? Shoot
Edit: I guess just not in San Denis I can't but worked elsewhere.
peelout
11/27/2018 8:21am
FLmxer wrote:
I didn't catch all the legendary fish before the epilague so I guess I cant mail them now? Shoot Edit: I guess just not in San...
I didn't catch all the legendary fish before the epilague so I guess I cant mail them now? Shoot
have you been over to New Austin yet? last night for about 4 hours i just wandered around visiting all the towns/places from the first game. here's a few interesting things i came across, pretty cool even though there's not much to do over there with the story all but finished...

(i'll try to leave spoilers out)

1- Herbert Moon is the General Store owner in Armadillo, he was in the first game and he was hilarious
2- Herbert Moon's brother is buried in the cemetery where you meet Seth the grave robber in the first game
3- Armadillo is... different
4- Gaptooth Ridge is a ghost town and Tumbleweed is flourishing
5- i came across a newer house around Gaptooth Breech and as i approached it it blew up like something out of a Michael Bay film. i searched around and couldn't see anything, it was really weird
6- Herbert Moon in Armadillo has a picture of the Strange Man behind his register (think "I know you" top hat man from RDR1 towards the end, stranger missions)
7- wild Mustangs are insanely hard to tame
8- i came across a Del Lobo gang member that was so drunk he couldn't aim the gun at me and ended up shooting himself in the foot, it was pretty damn funny
9- pretty much all the towns from the first game are completely different in this one, in really cool ways
Sunhouse
11/27/2018 1:59pm
FLmxer wrote:
I didn't catch all the legendary fish before the epilague so I guess I cant mail them now? Shoot Edit: I guess just not in San...
peelout wrote:
have you been over to New Austin yet? last night for about 4 hours i just wandered around visiting all the towns/places from the first game...
have you been over to New Austin yet? last night for about 4 hours i just wandered around visiting all the towns/places from the first game. here's a few interesting things i came across, pretty cool even though there's not much to do over there with the story all but finished...

1- Herbert Moon is the General Store owner in Armadillo, he was in the first game and he was hilarious
2- Herbert Moon's brother is buried in the cemetery where you meet Seth the grave robber in the first game
5- i came across a newer house around Gaptooth Breech and as i approached it it blew up like something out of a Michael Bay film. i searched around and couldn't see anything, it was really weird
6- Herbert Moon in Armadillo has a picture of the Strange Man behind his register (think "I know you" top hat man from RDR1 towards the end, stranger missions)
8- i came across a Del Lobo gang member that was so drunk he couldn't aim the gun at me and ended up shooting himself in the foot, it was pretty damn funny
9- pretty much all the towns from the first game are completely different in this one, in really cool ways
Those are cool things! I was hung up on the Strange Man forever when playing RDR1. I was hoping we would get some info on him in the new game. Maybe some clues in Blackwater, as the massacre had just happened when RDR2 started...?
MotoMo165
11/27/2018 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2018 2:15pm
Wondering about the online too. Should be out for ps4 guys , another month before Xbox or something like that
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/27/2018 3:11pm
peelout wrote:
have you been over to New Austin yet? last night for about 4 hours i just wandered around visiting all the towns/places from the first game...

A little bit so far. Awesome checklist tho. I remember every bit especially since I literally played part one right before this one so all still fresh. About to check it all out a lot more tonight.

Post a reply to: Red Dead Redemption 2

The Latest