Red Dead Redemption 2

FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
11/6/2018 11:38am
Sheriff245 wrote:
I try to be good enough that I don’t feel bad when doing bad things.
FLmxer wrote:
Yes but did murder a few innocent people here and there. Trying to defuse most situations but some are inevitable.
peelout wrote:
rob someone in town and you'll get something for it, rob someone out on the trail and they'll pull a gun on you resulting in a...
rob someone in town and you'll get something for it, rob someone out on the trail and they'll pull a gun on you resulting in a bullet in their forehead.

for the most part i'm playing as a good guy, but not so good that i don't throw on a bandanna every now and then. i like the little comments Arthur makes after you pop someone that pulls a gun on you when you're robbing them, "shoulda put it down when you had the chance" lol. dudes a badass.

i'm on chapter 4 but haven't started any missions. played about 4 hours of hunting legendary buck and ram last night. my problem is i come across a perfect Grizzly, Elk, or Buck and have to kill them then take to the Trapper and come back to hunt the Legendary. happened to me a few times last night, would be kinda nice to have a little quicker/easier way to transfer stuff to the trapper. maybe have an extra horse tied to yours to be a pack horse? you could probably do that if you stole a horse and had your personal horse follow you. i'm gonna try that tonight...
That's a great idea about the pack horse. I have got on the wrong horse after killing someone and didnt realize until I was far from mine. And then liked the new horse so I would ride back to my horse and whistle for it to follow us. How about a wagon? Just park it close and load it up maybe?
peelout
11/6/2018 11:55am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 12:17pm
FLmxer wrote:
That's a great idea about the pack horse. I have got on the wrong horse after killing someone and didnt realize until I was far from...
That's a great idea about the pack horse. I have got on the wrong horse after killing someone and didnt realize until I was far from mine. And then liked the new horse so I would ride back to my horse and whistle for it to follow us. How about a wagon? Just park it close and load it up maybe?
i don't know why i didn't think of the wagon, that should work... then you could go on hunting trips and load it full. i'll have to try this too. only thing is i don't think you can whistle for a wagon horse, so you may be hauling a carcass quite a ways. i'll have to experiment tonight
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
11/7/2018 5:33pm
Pack horse was a success.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/8/2018 1:01am
The game is a massive hit.

The co-founder of Rockstar Games previously mentioned that Red Dead Redemption 3 could be a thing if RDR2 sold well.

They just announced that in the opening weekend they achieved $725 million in sales. This put RDR2 second place in terms of sales in an opening weekend. Sitting in the number 1 spot is GTA V that did $1 billion in sales. Not surprising considering the mass appeal the game has. The GTA series has always had a massive following. That said RDR2 is the fastest selling video game since GTA V and both games were developed by Rockstar Games.

They also said that RDR2 has already sold more copies than the first RDR game did in the first 8 years.

RDR2 also broke other records for digital sales on the Playstation Network: most pre-orders, biggest day-one full game sales, and most sales in the first three days.

I think it's safe to say RDR3 will be going into development.

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
11/8/2018 6:27am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The game is a massive hit. The co-founder of Rockstar Games previously mentioned that Red Dead Redemption 3 could be a thing if RDR2 sold well...
The game is a massive hit.

The co-founder of Rockstar Games previously mentioned that Red Dead Redemption 3 could be a thing if RDR2 sold well.

They just announced that in the opening weekend they achieved $725 million in sales. This put RDR2 second place in terms of sales in an opening weekend. Sitting in the number 1 spot is GTA V that did $1 billion in sales. Not surprising considering the mass appeal the game has. The GTA series has always had a massive following. That said RDR2 is the fastest selling video game since GTA V and both games were developed by Rockstar Games.

They also said that RDR2 has already sold more copies than the first RDR game did in the first 8 years.

RDR2 also broke other records for digital sales on the Playstation Network: most pre-orders, biggest day-one full game sales, and most sales in the first three days.

I think it's safe to say RDR3 will be going into development.
Not surprised. It has consumed a week solid for me. I never played the last 3 or 4 GTA. I played the original at an arcade by my house in the late 80s daily I want to say. In the original I beat it by stealing all the fuel trucks and parking them in one corner of the world then commit a crime and get all the police to surround the area with the gas trucks then I would sniper the trucks and blow them all up. Game WON. Crazy. My best friend turned the arcade into a century 21 and we had a few of the old games for awhile. I was pretty bummed that he did that to our old hangout but he helped add quite a few zeros to my bank account over the years so I got over it.
peelout
11/8/2018 12:33pm
so RDR2 was on South Park WoohooWoohoo

11/9/2018 5:31am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2018 5:32am
If your dishonorable does your character start to look shady too ? Further evil you get the rougher you look ? And same with further honorable you are the more “nice” or appealing ?

I played fable years ago and this was the case. Always thought that was cool.
peelout
11/9/2018 8:31am
If your dishonorable does your character start to look shady too ? Further evil you get the rougher you look ? And same with further honorable...
If your dishonorable does your character start to look shady too ? Further evil you get the rougher you look ? And same with further honorable you are the more “nice” or appealing ?

i'm playing a mostly honorable character, so i can't answer that.

but i'm just posting to say that Fable was one of my favorite games ever. i still have my Xbox and pull it out every now and then to give it a go. the game is still awesome besides the graphics are not aged well. but the good/evil aspect in that game was awesome. my dude had HUGE horns, cracks in his skin and an evil sneer. game was sweet
11/9/2018 10:28am
Yea I used to go through the game as good. Then go through evil. took so much effort to get a halo. And you could get horns in 5 minutes lol.
peelout
11/9/2018 10:55am
Yea I used to go through the game as good. Then go through evil. took so much effort to get a halo. And you could get...
Yea I used to go through the game as good. Then go through evil. took so much effort to get a halo. And you could get horns in 5 minutes lol.
i remember one of the demon doors required you to be overly evil in front of it, so you just had to snack on some baby chicks in front of it to open... lol game was fuckin' sweet
ocscottie
11/9/2018 1:33pm
I just realized that this game you all have been talking about is the same one i keep seeing commercials for. lol

I miss being a "gamer" Sad
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/9/2018 2:16pm
ocscottie wrote:
I just realized that this game you all have been talking about is the same one i keep seeing commercials for. lol I miss being a...
I just realized that this game you all have been talking about is the same one i keep seeing commercials for. lol

Why not just get back into it? No time?
murph783
11/9/2018 4:29pm
ocscottie wrote:
I just realized that this game you all have been talking about is the same one i keep seeing commercials for. lol I miss being a...

The last game I bought and played all the way through was GTA 5, I’m not even a quarter of the way through this one and I already know I’m gonna probably play through again once I finish. Rockstar does good work, if you can spare some time.
11/9/2018 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2018 6:37pm
ocscottie wrote:

Same Man. Miss the days of college. Finals week cram feasts with cod breaks.

Don’t have the time to dedicate to games like I did. I will still play BF1. But that’s pretty easy to pick up and learn when you play with a few buddies.
ocscottie
11/9/2018 9:09pm
ocscottie wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm an old school PC gamer, not into consoles. I did get MXGP 3 and one of the newer F1 games and I like them, I just hate gamepads! I got into MXGP for awhile but just sorta lost interest. The F1 game is pretty rad, the graphics are incredible, but once again I hate gamepads and you really need a wheel setup to get good, I'm not into it enough to go that far.

I miss the old MCM2 days, they were the best, and so was I. Cool
ocscottie
11/9/2018 9:14pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2018 9:16pm
Oh btw: the only game I play now is on my iPad, MadSkillsMX and sometime WGT Golf, I got way into that golf game awhile back, it's pretty rad and everyone into golf should give it a try, you can play it on IOS and PC. (and its free)
jeffro503
11/9/2018 11:06pm
ocscottie wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
I'm an old school PC gamer, not into consoles. I did get MXGP 3 and one of the newer F1 games and I like them, I...
I'm an old school PC gamer, not into consoles. I did get MXGP 3 and one of the newer F1 games and I like them, I just hate gamepads! I got into MXGP for awhile but just sorta lost interest. The F1 game is pretty rad, the graphics are incredible, but once again I hate gamepads and you really need a wheel setup to get good, I'm not into it enough to go that far.

I miss the old MCM2 days, they were the best, and so was I. Cool
Scottie , I sent you a message a couple years ago about how to get you into doing some real sim racing. It does cost money for sure , but even with my setup ( which is mid-class setup at best ).....during the winter when I can't ride , and work slows down , I drink a few beers and do some racing! It's a fucking blast. BUT.....I do hear you on the " lost interest " thing in a way. I have really wanted to get back into playing some FPS games , and my library on steam is huge. I have probably every single big name title there is out there , and I have even finished Halflife 2 or Farcry 2. That's how behind I am. But Scottie....if the urge ever comes to where you may want to try some sim racing and being able to use a wheel only , without your leg's , I can steer you in the right direction. Just puttin' it out there because I care about ya brother.
ocscottie
11/10/2018 12:34am
Jeffro, so they do make wheels that are fully hand controlled?
jeffro503
11/10/2018 12:47am
ocscottie wrote:
Yes they do! I had a guy by the name of Sam Maxwell upgrade my lock system on my BMW rim. He is probably the best high end wheel guy on planet Earth. You can look up some of his wheel's and website. I think he was the guy who came up with a wheel for a couple guys who couldn't use their legs. Also..... I'm a little foggy on it right now , but I think Alex Zanardi has to use a wheel like that. I can find the info and get all the info for you. Tellin'......racing a 30-60min race with some strong FFB , will give you a workout and have a blast.
HenryA
11/10/2018 9:12am
HenryA wrote:
aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm done. Hands down the best console game since GTA V.
Sunhouse wrote:
Damn you have played a lot! :laugh: How many chapters are there? I’m only on the 3rd and feel like it is only just getting started...
Damn you have played a lot! Laughing
How many chapters are there? I’m only on the 3rd and feel like it is only just getting started, even though I have been playing for hours...?
Haha yeah this game is more addicting than drugs...
Story is 6 chapters. I'm trying to avoid any spoilers here for you guys but there's a total of eight chapters. Wink
HenryA
11/10/2018 9:20am
If your dishonorable does your character start to look shady too ? Further evil you get the rougher you look ? And same with further honorable...

I played as a "nice" guy and obtained maxiumum honor (or what it's called) but I still looked rough as shit. But on the other hand I have chaps made from a moose and a hat from a fox, not sure how nice you can look with that outfit lol.
You will get some nice benefits when at near maximum level, like 50% off at the armory.

Curious as to what happens when you go full evil, has anyone here tried yet?
11/10/2018 10:33am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2018 10:34am
Full evil you probably walk into the armor and they just give you shit. Ha

I miss mcm2. I spent a lot of time in photoshop with the blur tool! Skins, dloading tracks. All that. Miss that game. Best sounds for sure.
ocscottie
11/10/2018 8:02pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2018 8:08pm
ocscottie wrote:
Hey what was ur mcm2 name? RXR_Banjo here !!
OCR_ocicide I ran Team OCR

Classic shot of me and AUS_Twisted

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
11/10/2018 9:00pm
ocscottie wrote:
OCR_ocicide I ran Team OCR Classic shot of me and AUS_Twisted [img]https://www.ocscottie.com/new/uploads/OC_Twisty.JPG[/img]

I never raced online but man the names take me back. I used to check the lap times often and always saw your name and wondered how it was pronounced.Laughing
MotoMo165
11/11/2018 12:28am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 12:28am
I’m just about full “evil” Blush so will report back soon. Only 25 percent done with the game...
Even when I try helping out a stranger I end up messing it up.
One time I was taking a girl back to town, got side tracked and started hunting, she’s bitching, I’m skinning animals, she didn’t like that either. Says some shit to me,jumps off the horse and says forget it, I’ll walk! Honor goes down (by a chunk, not the usual millimeter, either). I try to mend things by targeting and greeting/antagonizing, tried to get her back on.... she screamed to leave her alone. Lol. I then ran her over?‍♂️
MotoMo165
11/11/2018 12:33am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 12:35am

Not sure if anyone answered you. Yes you look meaner/uglier, people react to you differently, your greetings/antagonize lines change/become more assholeish. If you do the correct sequence of convo you’ll say some savage things. Some people don’t even want to talk to you. Also when you get a clean shot and kill someone the game has this slow motion animation of the bullet hitting them, depending on your honor meter, the animation looks more “evil” or more honorable like you just killed a bad guy, fuck ya, or fuck, this guy is awful for killing that person.
The game is pretty dang interesting, and is a fun time after some beers and a few friends over
11/11/2018 2:56am Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 2:59am
I had a hell of a job trying to get the better of a pristine Cougar x2 - ended up killing me a dozen times at first when I was too lazy to get of my horse, other times I would sneak through the location and either find nothing, or only find a poor or good example, not pristine. Hunting those things is quite tense, not easy to spot. And if it spots you first then they're like laser guided missiles and you either die or the pelt gets ruined. Whole thing must've taken me a dozen hrs to finally get the drop on it with my rolling block rifle. Great game with how you can just lose a load of hrs within your own created story.
ocscottie
11/11/2018 9:07am
ocscottie wrote:
OCR_ocicide I ran Team OCR Classic shot of me and AUS_Twisted [img]https://www.ocscottie.com/new/uploads/OC_Twisty.JPG[/img]

EZZA 95B wrote:
I never raced online but man the names take me back. I used to check the lap times often and always saw your name and wondered...
I never raced online but man the names take me back. I used to check the lap times often and always saw your name and wondered how it was pronounced.Laughing
Think of Homicide, OC-icide. Death by OC Laughing

Post a reply to: Red Dead Redemption 2

The Latest