Red Dead Redemption 2

11/1/2018 5:37am
Markee wrote:
Where the shit is the horse brush!
It will be given to you when you complete the stable mission in chapter 2.
11/1/2018 6:36am Edited Date/Time 11/1/2018 6:37am
It took me a while to understand how the storage and crafting system works with the pelts. For anyone else that may be mildly confused:

https://gamerant.com/red-dead-redemption-2-how-to-store-pelts/

Hunting is a lot of fun, in fact Iv'e been at this solidly for the last few hrs of gameplay. Very rewarding to slow the game right down, really scan and appreciate the beauty of the scenery whilst looking for a suitable kill, and then trying to get a good angle on it as to not ruin the pelt etc.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/2/2018 8:50am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2018 8:52am
Damit. Have not put a cheat in a game in decades. I wish I didnt just see the gold bar glitch right next to our main camp. Figured they must of fixed it by now but I checked it out and it's still there. Basically in the burnt town Limpany just SE of Horseshoe overlook in the burnt sherriff building there is a lock box, dont take pamphlet or doesn't work but you just stare at gold bar and save game then load that save. Run back there and endless gold bars. I saved it first to back it up so I could undo it but if you want 30 gold bars there you go.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/2/2018 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 11/2/2018 2:49pm
Update. It's long.

Well, a week later and still no fucking game.

Called the company a bunch of times and they never called me back. Googled their company name for my city and nothing shows up under their name. Alright, I decide to call the first number. It rings, goes to an automatic voice system that says: Hi, welcome to TForce formely known as... at this point I'm thinking, nice I'll finally speak to someone where the package is located. It proceeds to put me on hold for 10 minutes. Finally a lady answers and says with a bitchy tone, Hi TForce how can I help you. I tell her I'm calling about a package I still haven't received yet. OK what's the tracking number? I give her the number and she asks me what it was? I tell her what difference does it make what it is? She's like well I need to know. I tell her not really but whatever and proceed to tell her what it was. She then says, give me a minute. What's the tracking number again. I give it to her a second time. She then says to me you need to call TForce Integrated Solutions. Um isn't that what I just called? Bitchy tone again. No. This is TForce Final Mile. Alright, can I have the number for them? No, I don't have it. I never even heard of that company. I'm thinking Hey lady, you just told me to call them. She then says it's not there. I just said for fuck sakes you guys are the worst. Fucking useless.

Called their Toronto office yesterday and they say it's at my local terminal and that it can be picked up in the morning after 9am.

Fortunately my mom works about 5 minutes from their terminal so she went this morning and they said they had trouble finding it and that they would give her a call later in the afternoon. They didn't call her so I asked her to stop in after work to see what's up. Since I wasn't able to get their phone number from either their Montreal or Toronto office she put the lady on the phone.

Lady says to me they can't locate it. I tell her that it was scanned at their place last Friday and that it never updated to out for delivery so that it should still be there. Not only that but that I was supposed to receive it last Friday. She then says that it could have gotten lost with one of the drivers when it was out for delivery. Hey Lady, it was never out for delivery. Did someone take it for themselves? I assure you sir that is not the case.

I call bullshit on that because last Friday when I received the Collector's Edition Book there was a sticker on the box that said exactly what it was.

I then asked her what am I supposed to do? She tells me that they'll keep trying to track it down and talk to the drivers that worked last Friday. OK can I have your phone number so I can call you guys directly instead of fucking around wasting my time with Montreal or Toronto? Well we don't have one here so you'll have to call Toronto and ask for me and they'll put you through. What kind of operation are they running? Local terminal doesn't have a number I can call but their other offices can call them. Really odd if you ask me.

I then ask what if you guys don't find it? She tells me that I need to call the company I ordered it from and ask for a refund or ask them to ship out another copy. I then tell her why should I ask the company for a refund or a new copy when it's you guys that fucking lost it. How's that fair to me or them? She then says that she doesn't work in the finance department so couldn't answer that question.

Alright, if I do that and you guys end up finding it what happens then? She says they'll ship it back to the company I ordered it from.

Here's another problem. I bought it directly from the Rockstar Warehouse but the order was fulfilled by a company called DR globalTech, Inc. I looked at my invoice and there's no phone number, just an address. Clicked the link in my email that brings me to their website and I still can't find their number.

Email I got was from Rockstar and it says to contact DR globalTech, Inc. if there's any issues. I'm going to try and call Rockstar and see if they can help. What's stoping Rockstar or DR globalTech, Inc. from saying that I didn't already get my copy since I received my book? I don't think they'll just be sending me a new copy just because I say I never received it. I can't even give them the shipping company's terminal phone number for them to explain it because they don't have one.

Not sure what's going to happen but I really don't feel like paying for a 2nd copy because of someone else's mistake.

I apologize for the long rant. It's just that it's really pissing me off.

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/2/2018 3:27pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Update. It's long. Well, a week later and still no fucking game. Called the company a bunch of times and they never called me back. Googled...
Update. It's long.

Called the company a bunch of times and they never called me back. Googled their company name for my city and nothing shows up under their name. Alright, I decide to call the first number. It rings, goes to an automatic voice system that says: Hi, welcome to TForce formely known as... at this point I'm thinking, nice I'll finally speak to someone where the package is located. It proceeds to put me on hold for 10 minutes. Finally a lady answers and says with a bitchy tone, Hi TForce how can I help you. I tell her I'm calling about a package I still haven't received yet. OK what's the tracking number? I give her the number and she asks me what it was? I tell her what difference does it make what it is? She's like well I need to know. I tell her not really but whatever and proceed to tell her what it was. She then says, give me a minute. What's the tracking number again. I give it to her a second time. She then says to me you need to call TForce Integrated Solutions. Um isn't that what I just called? Bitchy tone again. No. This is TForce Final Mile. Alright, can I have the number for them? No, I don't have it. I never even heard of that company. I'm thinking Hey lady, you just told me to call them. She then says it's not there. I just said for fuck sakes you guys are the worst. Fucking useless.

Called their Toronto office yesterday and they say it's at my local terminal and that it can be picked up in the morning after 9am.

Fortunately my mom works about 5 minutes from their terminal so she went this morning and they said they had trouble finding it and that they would give her a call later in the afternoon. They didn't call her so I asked her to stop in after work to see what's up. Since I wasn't able to get their phone number from either their Montreal or Toronto office she put the lady on the phone.

Lady says to me they can't locate it. I tell her that it was scanned at their place last Friday and that it never updated to out for delivery so that it should still be there. Not only that but that I was supposed to receive it last Friday. She then says that it could have gotten lost with one of the drivers when it was out for delivery. Hey Lady, it was never out for delivery. Did someone take it for themselves? I assure you sir that is not the case.

I call bullshit on that because last Friday when I received the Collector's Edition Book there was a sticker on the box that said exactly what it was.

I then asked her what am I supposed to do? She tells me that they'll keep trying to track it down and talk to the drivers that worked last Friday. OK can I have your phone number so I can call you guys directly instead of fucking around wasting my time with Montreal or Toronto? Well we don't have one here so you'll have to call Toronto and ask for me and they'll put you through. What kind of operation are they running? Local terminal doesn't have a number I can call but their other offices can call them. Really odd if you ask me.

I then ask what if you guys don't find it? She tells me that I need to call the company I ordered it from and ask for a refund or ask them to ship out another copy. I then tell her why should I ask the company for a refund or a new copy when it's you guys that fucking lost it. How's that fair to me or them? She then says that she doesn't work in the finance department so couldn't answer that question.

Alright, if I do that and you guys end up finding it what happens then? She says they'll ship it back to the company I ordered it from.

Here's another problem. I bought it directly from the Rockstar Warehouse but the order was fulfilled by a company called DR globalTech, Inc. I looked at my invoice and there's no phone number, just an address. Clicked the link in my email that brings me to their website and I still can't find their number.

Email I got was from Rockstar and it says to contact DR globalTech, Inc. if there's any issues. I'm going to try and call Rockstar and see if they can help. What's stoping Rockstar or DR globalTech, Inc. from saying that I didn't already get my copy since I received my book? I don't think they'll just be sending me a new copy just because I say I never received it. I can't even give them the shipping company's terminal phone number for them to explain it because they don't have one.

Not sure what's going to happen but I really don't feel like paying for a 2nd copy because of someone else's mistake.

Man not cool. Good example of No good deed goes unpunished, especially with all your help content you posted. Might as well download from ps store and keep trying to get your money back.
11/2/2018 6:55pm
That situation sucks. Call your cc company maybe? And buy elsewhere.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
11/2/2018 7:33pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Update. It's long. Well, a week later and still no fucking game. Called the company a bunch of times and they never called me back. Googled...
Update. It's long.

I’m at the point that I’ll buy you a copy. Seriously. You Deserve to have your copy. How can I do this?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/2/2018 7:40pm
I finally found a number for Rockstar Games. I gave them a call and it's an automated message thanking you for calling them and that if you need support to check their website. Message repeats after 30 seconds. Useless.

Looked on their website for support and there's a refund option available but it's for digital downloads only.

I'm going to send an email to Rockstar along with the invoice and wait and see what they say. Also going to try and find a number for the other company sometime tomorrow and go from there.

I don't mind dealing with emails but for some things you just need to talk it over the phone with an actual person.

In the end I might not have a choice to call my credit card company. Hoping to avoid that.

I usually pre-order/buy my games from the local Gamestop/EB Games but they closed up shop earlier this year.

Looks like it's another weekend of Assassin's Creed Odyssey for me.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/2/2018 7:42pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Update. It's long.

T-Fish wrote:
I’m at the point that I’ll buy you a copy. Seriously. You Deserve to have your copy. How can I do this?
Lol. It's OK, I'll live through it. It's just very frustrating when people just keep tossing the ball to one another with no real answer/solution.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/2/2018 7:45pm
Has anyone ran into cars in the game at all? I know it takes place at an earlier time than the first game so not sure if cars were even a thing yet.

If so, they can't be much faster than a horse if any lol.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/2/2018 9:02pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Has anyone ran into cars in the game at all? I know it takes place at an earlier time than the first game so not sure...
Has anyone ran into cars in the game at all? I know it takes place at an earlier time than the first game so not sure if cars were even a thing yet.

Have not seen one yet.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
11/3/2018 11:20am
I'm about 7 hours deep into the game. 99% of the time after Chapter 1 has been spent hunting.
HenryA
11/3/2018 3:18pm
I've played this every day since it was released, it really is something special. I have completed about 70% of the story mode and it just keeps getting better and better.

Also, can't wait for online!
HenryA
11/4/2018 12:16pm
aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm done. Hands down the best console game since GTA V.
Sunhouse
11/4/2018 11:25pm
HenryA wrote:
aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm done. Hands down the best console game since GTA V.
Damn you have played a lot! Laughing
How many chapters are there? I’m only on the 3rd and feel like it is only just getting started, even though I have been playing for hours...?
peelout
11/5/2018 9:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Has anyone ran into cars in the game at all? I know it takes place at an earlier time than the first game so not sure...

i came across one in St. Denis but i was not able to interact with it at all. looks similar to the one in RDR1 but a hard top not an open top.

i've got Aurthur's hair grown out the max length and it's cool how it moves realistically. they really went all out with immersion. the gunplay has gotten much better for me since my first 6-10 hours, too. i looked up some settings online and they helped me drastically, it's much more predictable.

just started Chapter 4, the end of Chapter 3 was intense. i kinda felt like the pacing was a little slow during Chapter 3.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/5/2018 10:25am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

peelout wrote:
i came across one in St. Denis but i was not able to interact with it at all. looks similar to the one in RDR1 but...
i came across one in St. Denis but i was not able to interact with it at all. looks similar to the one in RDR1 but a hard top not an open top.

i've got Aurthur's hair grown out the max length and it's cool how it moves realistically. they really went all out with immersion. the gunplay has gotten much better for me since my first 6-10 hours, too. i looked up some settings online and they helped me drastically, it's much more predictable.

just started Chapter 4, the end of Chapter 3 was intense. i kinda felt like the pacing was a little slow during Chapter 3.
Long hair, awesome. Did you bathe or said fuck it for a while just to see what it does lol.

Question about the hair/facial hair. Does it continually grow out to a maximum length or you pick a style, set it and forget it? If you cut it short and it grows long again that's awesome. That would sort of be like the GTA game where if you constantly ate CJ would get fat unless you hit the gym lol.

I contacted Rockstar via email but haven't heard anything from their support team yet. The way it's going now I'll more than likely be playing Battlefield V before I receive my RDR2 copy.
peelout
11/5/2018 10:40am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2018 10:51am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Long hair, awesome. Did you bathe or said fuck it for a while just to see what it does lol. Question about the hair/facial hair. Does...
Long hair, awesome. Did you bathe or said fuck it for a while just to see what it does lol.

Question about the hair/facial hair. Does it continually grow out to a maximum length or you pick a style, set it and forget it? If you cut it short and it grows long again that's awesome. That would sort of be like the GTA game where if you constantly ate CJ would get fat unless you hit the gym lol.

I contacted Rockstar via email but haven't heard anything from their support team yet. The way it's going now I'll more than likely be playing Battlefield V before I receive my RDR2 copy.
with the hair and facial hair it's constantly growing. if you shave his face, he will have a full beard within a couple hours. it took probably close to 10 in game hours to get his hair grown to the max length, but his facial hair will grow in probably 4 or so. you can also use Hair Tonics to grow faster. there are a lot of hair styles and facial hair styles.

my Arthur has pretty much had a 4 length normal mustache with the rest of the face shaved and long hair.

there are also a shit load of different clothing options, colors, styles, etc. take a look at this Subreddit to see some of the awesome creations people are coming up with. it's pretty crazy how different everyone's Arthur looks, like they could be a totally different character depending on how you set him up.

it's also cool how much you can customize your guns. i have customized revolvers, one is set up with black and gold inlay, the other is set up with white and gold inlay. it's just the little touches in cut-scenes and your customization shows through, makes it feel like you're directing the game rather than just playing a scripted part like in RDR1.

now that i've grown his hair and stache to max levels, i'll probably clean him up a bit and go the Eastwood look, i've already got my Pale Rider horse.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
11/5/2018 10:47am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2018 10:48am
peelout wrote:
with the hair and facial hair it's constantly growing. if you shave his face, he will have a full beard within a couple hours. it took...
with the hair and facial hair it's constantly growing. if you shave his face, he will have a full beard within a couple hours. it took probably close to 10 in game hours to get his hair grown to the max length, but his facial hair will grow in probably 4 or so. you can also use Hair Tonics to grow faster. there are a lot of hair styles and facial hair styles.

my Arthur has pretty much had a 4 length normal mustache with the rest of the face shaved and long hair.

there are also a shit load of different clothing options, colors, styles, etc. take a look at this Subreddit to see some of the awesome creations people are coming up with. it's pretty crazy how different everyone's Arthur looks, like they could be a totally different character depending on how you set him up.

it's also cool how much you can customize your guns. i have customized revolvers, one is set up with black and gold inlay, the other is set up with white and gold inlay. it's just the little touches in cut-scenes and your customization shows through, makes it feel like you're directing the game rather than just playing a scripted part like in RDR1.

now that i've grown his hair and stache to max levels, i'll probably clean him up a bit and go the Eastwood look, i've already got my Pale Rider horse.
Dude, the amount of different styles you can go with Arthur is insane. I've seen some gifs on Reddit where I almost didn't even believe it was Arthur, cause he looks so much different than mine. I have a max length beard right now but hair cut short, and I also plan on going the Eastwood route once I get an outfit that I like. I wish we could get the poncho from the Dollars Trilogy.
peelout
11/5/2018 10:55am
peelout wrote:
with the hair and facial hair it's constantly growing. if you shave his face, he will have a full beard within a couple hours. it took...

GD2 wrote:
Dude, the amount of different styles you can go with Arthur is [i]insane[/I]. I've seen some gifs on Reddit where I almost didn't even believe it...
Dude, the amount of different styles you can go with Arthur is insane. I've seen some gifs on Reddit where I almost didn't even believe it was Arthur, cause he looks so much different than mine. I have a max length beard right now but hair cut short, and I also plan on going the Eastwood route once I get an outfit that I like. I wish we could get the poncho from the Dollars Trilogy.
my Marston wore the poncho the entire story in RDR1, definitely my favorite look.

and yeah, it's nuts how different you can make him look.

when i know i'm going to be shooting in close proximity i load up my sawed off shotty in my second holster, thing explodes fools heads like a watermelon lol, very satisfying. i'm playing a "Good" Arthur this playthrough, but i can't wait to go through it again with an evil son-of-a-bitch.
TXDirt
11/5/2018 11:05am
My boys are playing under their own profile. I would say for about 10 hours now they have enjoyed killing some random person and then dumping the body in the river and watching it float away. They get a kick out of that for some reason. Boys lol
peelout
11/5/2018 11:15am
TXDirt wrote:
My boys are playing under their own profile. I would say for about 10 hours now they have enjoyed killing some random person and then dumping...
My boys are playing under their own profile. I would say for about 10 hours now they have enjoyed killing some random person and then dumping the body in the river and watching it float away. They get a kick out of that for some reason. Boys lol
hah that's awesome.

they can also feed bodies to pigs (in Valentine) and to Gators. good stuff. i have only fed dead bodies, haven't tried with living yet.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/5/2018 11:26am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2018 11:28am
Took a look at that Reddit thread and I knew you could make Arthur look many different ways but not that many. Some are clean, some look like rich boys, dirty, preppy, bum like, outdoorsmen, bush man, sheriff like, etc. List goes on.

Who's the bigger bad ass? John Marston or Arthur Morgan?

If there's that many looks to create Arthur it's going to be pretty much infinite when it comes to customizing your character for online play.
Barrett57
11/6/2018 8:30am
Sunhouse wrote:
Damn you have played a lot! :laugh: How many chapters are there? I’m only on the 3rd and feel like it is only just getting started...
Damn you have played a lot! Laughing
How many chapters are there? I’m only on the 3rd and feel like it is only just getting started, even though I have been playing for hours...?
I just finished chapter 6 which I thought was the end of the game. I looked at my progress and I'm only at 75%, I also didn't realise that there's a decent chunk of the map that you don't go near until the end of chapter 6. Pretty epic game.
11/6/2018 8:54am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 8:55am
Still on chapter 2 here. Spent a lot of time just exploring but beginning to pick-up my pace with the main missions - I know we've all said it a million times now but the world is just remarkable to explore... I'm finding I enjoy the gun fights a lot more when I avoid using dead eye ability too (as much as my lack of skill will allow).
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/6/2018 9:04am
I have been playing all day for days now. Only really follow the story when I am near area of missions while I hunt and explore. Did a bunch of the treasures and tons of side missions, also trying to catch and send all the legendary fish out. Lots of fishing just like Farcry. Figured I was close to the end and see I am only on chapter 3 and only 45.5% complete. Wow crazy, just a really huge game. Killed another clan group too. Good times.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/6/2018 9:19am
Finally received an email from Rockstar but not much progress has been done. They've submitted a ticket to the right department and they'll get back to me when they get an update.

Can't wait to play it.

Are you all playing as a good guy/model citizen or are some of you playing as a total badass outlaw?
11/6/2018 9:44am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Finally received an email from Rockstar but not much progress has been done. They've submitted a ticket to the right department and they'll get back to...
Finally received an email from Rockstar but not much progress has been done. They've submitted a ticket to the right department and they'll get back to me when they get an update.

Can't wait to play it.

Are you all playing as a good guy/model citizen or are some of you playing as a total badass outlaw?
I try to be good enough that I don’t feel bad when doing bad things.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/6/2018 10:40am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Finally received an email from Rockstar but not much progress has been done. They've submitted a ticket to the right department and they'll get back to...

Can't wait to play it.

Sheriff245 wrote:
Yes but did murder a few innocent people here and there. Trying to defuse most situations but some are inevitable.
peelout
11/6/2018 11:26am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Can't wait to play it.

Sheriff245 wrote:
FLmxer wrote:
Yes but did murder a few innocent people here and there. Trying to defuse most situations but some are inevitable.
rob someone in town and you'll get something for it, rob someone out on the trail and they'll pull a gun on you resulting in a bullet in their forehead.

for the most part i'm playing as a good guy, but not so good that i don't throw on a bandanna every now and then. i like the little comments Arthur makes after you pop someone that pulls a gun on you when you're robbing them, "shoulda put it down when you had the chance" lol. dudes a badass.

i'm on chapter 4 but haven't started any missions. played about 4 hours of hunting legendary buck and ram last night. my problem is i come across a perfect Grizzly, Elk, or Buck and have to kill them then take to the Trapper and come back to hunt the Legendary. happened to me a few times last night, would be kinda nice to have a little quicker/easier way to transfer stuff to the trapper. maybe have an extra horse tied to yours to be a pack horse? you could probably do that if you stole a horse and had your personal horse follow you. i'm gonna try that tonight...

Post a reply to: Red Dead Redemption 2

The Latest