Red Dead Redemption 2

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/27/2018 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2018 7:43pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Wondering about the online too. Should be out for ps4 guys , another month before Xbox or something like that
I see the option for online and I can highlight it but wont click. So might be delayed for ps4 or do I need to belong to the social club maybe?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/27/2018 8:51pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Wondering about the online too. Should be out for ps4 guys , another month before Xbox or something like that
FLmxer wrote:
I see the option for online and I can highlight it but wont click. So might be delayed for ps4 or do I need to belong...
I see the option for online and I can highlight it but wont click. So might be delayed for ps4 or do I need to belong to the social club maybe?
Social Club is a Rockstar thing. Ubisoft has a similar thing. If I remember correctly it allows you to see your Rockstar/Ubisoft/EA/etc. games, stats, etc. I know that with Ubisoft if you achieve certain challenges in games they reward you with points that allow you to purchase in game items.

It's free to sign up for one.

The online portion of the game today is only for those that pre-ordered the RDR2 Ultimate Edition (still haven't received my copy of that edition).

Tomorrow the online beta will be available to those who played the game on the first day it was released (all editions).

On the 29th it will be open to everyone that played the game in the first 3 days it was released.

On November 30th the online multiplayer will be open to everyone who has a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2.

PlayStation 4 owners will have access to online multiplayer 30 days earlier than Xbox users.
peelout
11/28/2018 8:44am
Sunhouse wrote:
Those are cool things! I was hung up on the Strange Man forever when playing RDR1. I was hoping we would get some info on him...
Those are cool things! I was hung up on the Strange Man forever when playing RDR1. I was hoping we would get some info on him in the new game. Maybe some clues in Blackwater, as the massacre had just happened when RDR2 started...?
an interesting comment is made when you activate the picture in the Armadillo General store. also i did a little digging and there is quite a bit of hidden lore of the Strange Man in this game.

actually there is so much other hidden content that there are groups dedicated to unraveling some of the mysteries, sort of like in GTA5. i've read up on some of it and am probably going to go through and find some of it.

also i came across a huge whale skeleton in the desert south west of Armadillo that was pretty cool.

have any of you tried to find the dinosaur bones or rock carvings? i've stumbled across one rock carving during a treasure hunt and that's it. there's so much shit hidden it's crazy. it's insane how much content they were able to pack into this game and how much detail there is in the world.

also almost every grave-stone in the game is detailed with names, dates, and usually a small passage.
MotoMo165
11/28/2018 8:52am
My buddy just got the game and was playing one night high as fuck and when he walked out of this cabin there was a UFO in the air right above the cabin.. it flew away shortly after lol still haven’t ran into it. He’s on ps4

The Shop

MotoMo165
11/28/2018 10:02am
I have the standard edition of RDR2 on Xbox one and am playing the beta rn. I think ps4 players have had access for a lot longer.. or they lied lol
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/28/2018 10:11am
MotoMo165 wrote:
I have the standard edition of RDR2 on Xbox one and am playing the beta rn. I think ps4 players have had access for a lot...
I have the standard edition of RDR2 on Xbox one and am playing the beta rn. I think ps4 players have had access for a lot longer.. or they lied lol
Not sure. Game came out October 26th and it was originally said the online multiplayer beta would launch in November and PS4 would have access to it 30 days earlier than Xbox.

Hard to have access to it earlier without the game disc. Maybe for the guys that ordered the digital version of The Ultimate Edition. If I had to guess I would say that's more than likely the case if not I don't know.

Either way it sounds/looks like it's an awesome game.
11/28/2018 5:48pm
Anyone do that wacky side quest with the scientist and robot - go back to the building later on (even though the game doesn't tell you to).

Has to be one of the most incredibly made worlds in the history of gaming, there's just so much to potentially discover or miss. I have the bones and rock carvings on my to-do list also, but man I can't imagine being able to find them all naturally. Have only come across one of each as the world is so massive. I still need to kill the rest of the legendary animals too. Currently working my way through Chapter 6.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/28/2018 7:21pm
peelout wrote:
an interesting comment is made when you activate the picture in the Armadillo General store. also i did a little digging and there is quite a...
an interesting comment is made when you activate the picture in the Armadillo General store. also i did a little digging and there is quite a bit of hidden lore of the Strange Man in this game.

actually there is so much other hidden content that there are groups dedicated to unraveling some of the mysteries, sort of like in GTA5. i've read up on some of it and am probably going to go through and find some of it.

also i came across a huge whale skeleton in the desert south west of Armadillo that was pretty cool.

have any of you tried to find the dinosaur bones or rock carvings? i've stumbled across one rock carving during a treasure hunt and that's it. there's so much shit hidden it's crazy. it's insane how much content they were able to pack into this game and how much detail there is in the world.

also almost every grave-stone in the game is detailed with names, dates, and usually a small passage.
I have found a couple of rock carvings next to treasures from the treasure maps and I found one dino in the hole next to the mini abandoned oil rig in the middle of nowhere. Wondering where the rest are, must be clues somewhere.
The robot encounter up near the legendary elk area on the NE was cool. I kept saying to my wife that building and all has too much detail to be nothing.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
11/28/2018 7:24pm
Played online a little today. It was different. I did a horse robbing mission first with 3 other players which was just like a regular mission except you had help. Then a free for all and a team match. All were ok but need to check it out more. No lag and ran smooth.
MotoMo165
11/28/2018 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2018 1:27am
FLmxer wrote:
Played online a little today. It was different. I did a horse robbing mission first with 3 other players which was just like a regular mission...
Played online a little today. It was different. I did a horse robbing mission first with 3 other players which was just like a regular mission except you had help. Then a free for all and a team match. All were ok but need to check it out more. No lag and ran smooth.
Ya that’s the intro mission before you really get to jump into online. Tons of fun with a friend. It’s just like single player but missing a few features... you can posse up, hunt together, invade other players camp sites, cook food. Even lasso other online players and hogtie them and put them on your hours. Troll as fuck bro. Tons of fun. and also the law isn’t as strict, more of a gta type wanted system. more freedom when it comes to messing around. Also there’s some pretty good/detailed online missions you can do together (depending on posse leaders sex the dialogue is completely different too hahah really funny. Sexist shit lol) lots of stranger side missions all around the map. Hunting is just as detailed too. graphics are a little lower quality, for ps4 pro and one x maybe not too noticeable, game also has a better react time, doesn’t feel as sluggish.
murph783
11/29/2018 4:39am
Anyone on Xbox want to get some sort of posse going for online? I’m debating renewing my Xbox gold membership, seems like it’d be more fun with some people to play with.
plowboy
12/2/2018 7:36am
I'm not a gamer. My son bought me an Xbox 1 that's mostly been collecting dust. You guys talked up this game so I bought it. Took most of the night to load both discs and the up dates. Saw it was ready to launch this morning. I'll get started after chores are done. I don't have any skills so I'm hoping I can just slow poke around and have fun.
HenryA
12/2/2018 7:49am
The pump-action shotgun with upgraded sights is extremely OP online. I just spent 1 hr riding around killing other players with it.Blush
12/2/2018 3:37pm
plowboy wrote:
I'm not a gamer. My son bought me an Xbox 1 that's mostly been collecting dust. You guys talked up this game so I bought it...
I'm not a gamer. My son bought me an Xbox 1 that's mostly been collecting dust. You guys talked up this game so I bought it. Took most of the night to load both discs and the up dates. Saw it was ready to launch this morning. I'll get started after chores are done. I don't have any skills so I'm hoping I can just slow poke around and have fun.
I’m not a gamer either. My console is used exclusively for MX games and GTA/RDR (which means a few months every 3-4 years maybe).

The way this game is built you can take the time to learn how everything works before jumping into the main story. Plus the auto aim feature works well. The first chapter is kind of a tutorial too so you should be fine.
peelout
12/3/2018 8:21am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2018 8:23am
i finished Epilogue 2 this weekend, good closure to the story and a good setup for RDR1. Epilogue 1 was horrible, almost made me quit and re-start a new story.

jumped into Online for about an hour and am really not feeling it. the guys i played the first horse mission were purposely dying so i couldn't complete the mission. i would almost get to the stable and it would end the mission. got in with a different group and after 3 tries i finally got my horse to the stable to beat the mission.

then i tried free-roam for a while and was just out hunting trying to earn money (don't get me started on the ridiculous economy of online) and got killed over and over. just pricks going around killing other people on the map.

my personal opinion is they need to add a passive mode so that people aren't just killing everyone all the time. another is it would be nice if the player marker wouldn't show up on the map unless you're shooting or being reckless. maybe players that are being a pain in the ass have a bounty on their head and their marker shows up for everyone to see.

i don't know, but i've been reading a lot about "griefers" purposely screwing other players missions. i mean it might be funny the first time but when it happens over and over it's obviously a problem. also the lasso is OP online.

hoping they do something to make it a little more enjoyable for everyone. not everyone wants to have a free-for-all everytime they get online. there are online matches for that shit.

my .02
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
12/3/2018 11:19am
I just realized my ps4 has been on since the 25th and somehow auto save was not on anymore. I must of accidentally turned it off while I was browsing features. I was at 90 something and today I was looking for my ranch and it was gone and the shack and squatters were there. Back to being a hand at 80%. I lost so many missions and legendary animals. I played so much the last few days. Lol
MotoMo165
12/3/2018 12:01pm
peelout wrote:
i finished Epilogue 2 this weekend, good closure to the story and a good setup for RDR1. Epilogue 1 was horrible, almost made me quit and...
i finished Epilogue 2 this weekend, good closure to the story and a good setup for RDR1. Epilogue 1 was horrible, almost made me quit and re-start a new story.

jumped into Online for about an hour and am really not feeling it. the guys i played the first horse mission were purposely dying so i couldn't complete the mission. i would almost get to the stable and it would end the mission. got in with a different group and after 3 tries i finally got my horse to the stable to beat the mission.

then i tried free-roam for a while and was just out hunting trying to earn money (don't get me started on the ridiculous economy of online) and got killed over and over. just pricks going around killing other people on the map.

my personal opinion is they need to add a passive mode so that people aren't just killing everyone all the time. another is it would be nice if the player marker wouldn't show up on the map unless you're shooting or being reckless. maybe players that are being a pain in the ass have a bounty on their head and their marker shows up for everyone to see.

i don't know, but i've been reading a lot about "griefers" purposely screwing other players missions. i mean it might be funny the first time but when it happens over and over it's obviously a problem. also the lasso is OP online.

hoping they do something to make it a little more enjoyable for everyone. not everyone wants to have a free-for-all everytime they get online. there are online matches for that shit.

my .02
This can’t be! Only Xbox has trolls. I’ve only played with friends, and we troll each other. And kill randoms while freeroaming together. The radar blip would be a sweet feature. It’s in beta, so i
Guess it is possible... it is somewhat of a pain and truly not worth the annoyance when guarding stagecoachninline and people come up and kill you (like online players) oh well guess it adds to the online
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
12/3/2018 10:07pm
Man I finished it pretty quick after the set back. Apparently I was only a couple missions away but I went hunting for a few days instead of continuing. Really cool game. Credits rolling.
MotoMo165
12/4/2018 12:23am
Game is a blast with a few friends. More fun than the single player.. but there is a lot of things I’d like to see added. Also ran into some glitches more than once, but it’s beta. Decent
peelout
12/4/2018 7:50am
MotoMo165 wrote:
Game is a blast with a few friends. More fun than the single player.. but there is a lot of things I’d like to see added...
Game is a blast with a few friends. More fun than the single player.. but there is a lot of things I’d like to see added. Also ran into some glitches more than once, but it’s beta. Decent
i played about 3 hours last night and had a better time. but the economy seriously needs a shot in the arm. i made all of about $100 in 3 hours. the bow costs $120. at this rate it'll take me a week to afford a rifle, which for hunting is a must. the missions, which some take 15 minutes, only pay $2-4? that's pretty bad, especially when a pistol is $1,000. everything in the world is just extremely expensive and i don't know if i can grind enough to make it worth it.

i'll keep at it. tonight i'll get in on more of the matches and posse type play. i can't afford a hat so when i see an NPC with a cool hat i knock his ass out and steal it.

hoping the full experience will be much better, as of now i give myself a week at most before i go back to a new story mode.

HenryA
12/4/2018 8:57am Edited Date/Time 12/4/2018 8:58am
MotoMo165 wrote:
Game is a blast with a few friends. More fun than the single player.. but there is a lot of things I’d like to see added...
peelout wrote:
i played about 3 hours last night and had a better time. but the economy seriously needs a shot in the arm. i made all of...
i played about 3 hours last night and had a better time. but the economy seriously needs a shot in the arm. i made all of about $100 in 3 hours. the bow costs $120. at this rate it'll take me a week to afford a rifle, which for hunting is a must. the missions, which some take 15 minutes, only pay $2-4? that's pretty bad, especially when a pistol is $1,000. everything in the world is just extremely expensive and i don't know if i can grind enough to make it worth it.

i'll keep at it. tonight i'll get in on more of the matches and posse type play. i can't afford a hat so when i see an NPC with a cool hat i knock his ass out and steal it.

hoping the full experience will be much better, as of now i give myself a week at most before i go back to a new story mode.

Have you done the missions that's available online? Finish those 3-4 missions and you will have around 400. But yeah, equipment is waaaay overpriced.

Edit: The story missions that you do in a group of 4.
Barrett57
12/4/2018 9:05am
Is it so overpriced so rockstar can make millions from micro transactions? I haven't looked at online yet so I'm genuinely asking.
peelout
12/4/2018 10:10am
MotoMo165 wrote:
peelout wrote:
i played about 3 hours last night and had a better time. but the economy seriously needs a shot in the arm. i made all of...

HenryA wrote:
Have you done the missions that's available online? Finish those 3-4 missions and you will have around 400. But yeah, equipment is waaaay overpriced. Edit: The...
Have you done the missions that's available online? Finish those 3-4 missions and you will have around 400. But yeah, equipment is waaaay overpriced.

Edit: The story missions that you do in a group of 4.
i did the first one, the horse thief one and the guys that i was grouped with kept purposely dying so i couldn't finish it. i ended up getting in with another group and after 3 tries finally finished it and then did the camp mission. i was getting pissed, i'd get almost to the stable before they'd kill themselves and i'd fail. it was a good 45 minutes that i wish i could get back.
peelout
12/4/2018 10:21am Edited Date/Time 12/4/2018 10:21am
oh... and to the people that have mics and leave them next to their shit music or screaming babies, fuck you
paulie
12/5/2018 7:24am
MotoMo165 wrote:
peelout wrote:

rockstar claims they will have a patch out this week to fix the economy.
peelout
12/6/2018 9:06am
MotoMo165 wrote:
Best areas to hunt in the game for most money?
i stick close to a town with a butcher, so Rhodes, Valentine, or Strawberry. that way i can keep repeating the process as quick as possible. then i load a deer carcass and as many pelts as i can. once my horse is full i get as many small animals as i can in my satchel.
12/6/2018 2:56pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
Best areas to hunt in the game for most money?
peelout wrote:
i stick close to a town with a butcher, so Rhodes, Valentine, or Strawberry. that way i can keep repeating the process as quick as possible...
i stick close to a town with a butcher, so Rhodes, Valentine, or Strawberry. that way i can keep repeating the process as quick as possible. then i load a deer carcass and as many pelts as i can. once my horse is full i get as many small animals as i can in my satchel.
^ that for sure. I've found the Big Valley area W/NW of Strawberry to be a great place to hunt and fish too. If you follow the trail up a bit past the Owanija Lake there is a trapper along the West side mountain. Be mindful of the cougar roaming there too.

You can collect a ton of different pelt types in the area, and I believe the legendary buck is in the area that will give the trinket to increase the chance for better pelts. It's just a beautiful area too, IMO.

It's where I've done most of my hunting to get this blasted last satchel unlocked.

Post a reply to: Red Dead Redemption 2

The Latest