Red Dead Redemption 2

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/2/2018 9:29am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2019 8:58am
Here's the latest trailer for the game and it looks like John Marston will be back in some capacity.

Game looks really good and in my opinion this will be the game of the year.

Being released October 26, 2018.

https://youtu.be/eaW0tYpxyp0?rel=0
|
TXDirt
5/2/2018 10:38am
Looks pretty awesome!
Sunhouse
5/2/2018 11:12am
To be honest, the first two trailers didn’t really do anything for me, but this one blew my mind! Seems like the main protagonist wants out a little into the game. My bet is him and Marston try to do it together. Main guy dies, Marston barely survives. Great lead up to what was RDR1. Or that Marston wants out after this guy is killed by his own gang.

So awesome! Looks like Rockstar has out some work into the graphics too for a change Smile
5/2/2018 11:12am
I'm going to have to finish my play-through of the first one now. Picked it up a few months ago but haven't popped it back in since February.

This is going to be a good one. The graphics look way better and player animation seems to be a lot smoother this time around.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/2/2018 11:32am
I'm going to have to finish my play-through of the first one now. Picked it up a few months ago but haven't popped it back in...
I'm going to have to finish my play-through of the first one now. Picked it up a few months ago but haven't popped it back in since February.

This is going to be a good one. The graphics look way better and player animation seems to be a lot smoother this time around.
Considering Red Dead Redemption came out on the PS3 back in 2010 it's no surprise this one looks even better.

This one is a prequel to Red Dead Redemption so technically you don't have to finish the playthrough but I recommend it. RDR2 takes places in 1899 while the first one takes place in 1911.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/2/2018 11:47am
Sunhouse wrote:
To be honest, the first two trailers didn’t really do anything for me, but this one blew my mind! Seems like the main protagonist wants out...
To be honest, the first two trailers didn’t really do anything for me, but this one blew my mind! Seems like the main protagonist wants out a little into the game. My bet is him and Marston try to do it together. Main guy dies, Marston barely survives. Great lead up to what was RDR1. Or that Marston wants out after this guy is killed by his own gang.

So awesome! Looks like Rockstar has out some work into the graphics too for a change Smile
I'm not entirely sure what the story will be about but I've read that Marston is left for dead. How that happens I have no clue but I'm happy that he'll be back in some capacity because I really enjoyed playing the story/his role in RDR.

In RDR he turns over a new leaf and is a good guy but in RDR2 is part of Dutch's gang.

There's still a lot of time left before it's released but that's why I like Rockstar. They're not afraid to delay a game in order to improve it and that always pays off. I believe they pushed the release date twice now but as you saw by the trailer, worth it.

RDR was probably my favorite game of all times but I have a feeling this will take over.
Stuntman949
5/2/2018 11:56am
The detail on the fur coat and revolver on the opening scene were astonishing!

I'm also a train whore so naturally I'm excited for the new game
5/3/2018 6:54pm
Rockstar makes some great games. How does RDR play, sort of like GTA or not so much?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1185th
5/3/2018 8:55pm
Rockstar makes some great games. How does RDR play, sort of like GTA or not so much?
I haven't played a GTA since San Andreas so can't say but, you need to play RDR!
dirtmike86
5/3/2018 10:44pm
Same functions basically. 3rd person view. Kill anyone, steel anything. Had a buddy id join and he would always be at the saloon getting drunk playing poker. He would also be in his apartment getting drunk and high in gta 5. Seemed like a waste of time to me but whatever. I didnt finish the story on RDR because online was too fun.
peelout
5/4/2018 10:10am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Here's the latest trailer for the game and it looks like John Marston will be back in some capacity. Game looks really good and in my...
Here's the latest trailer for the game and it looks like John Marston will be back in some capacity.

Game looks really good and in my opinion this will be the game of the year.

Being released October 26, 2018.

https://youtu.be/eaW0tYpxyp0?rel=0
peelout
5/4/2018 2:55pm
the only other time i was this excited about a game release was Red Dead Redemption.

can't wait. thanks for posting the updates, i don't frequent IGN but maybe once a month or so.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/4/2018 3:08pm
peelout wrote:
the only other time i was this excited about a game release was Red Dead Redemption. can't wait. thanks for posting the updates, i don't frequent...
the only other time i was this excited about a game release was Red Dead Redemption.

can't wait. thanks for posting the updates, i don't frequent IGN but maybe once a month or so.
I'll try and keep it current as things come out or as I come across them. Like you, I'm excited for this game and can't wait for it to come out.

I actually prefer this over the GTA series. I love an in-depth story mode/career and the first one delivered that and I'm sure this one will be the same if not even better.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/4/2018 3:50pm
Searched around a little and found some more screenshots.

Going to apologize in advance because it's a long one.

peelout
5/4/2018 4:02pm
Arthur Morgan looks to be just as badass and interesting/conflicted as John Marsten
FLmxer
Fantasy
1003rd
5/4/2018 8:18pm
Looking forward to it.
JRT812
5/4/2018 9:07pm
Been out of the gaming world for a moment, but loved that game. Those screen shots make me want to get back into it.
Sunhouse
5/6/2018 9:25pm
Thanks for the updates, Mav! This years E3 and the autumn releases will be insane!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/6/2018 10:17pm
E3 will be packed with good stuff this year. I always try and catch the press conferences. Well the one's I'm interested in anyways. Should be a good one.

I already know most of my time this fall will be spent playing RDR2 and Battlefield V.
GD2
Fantasy
887th
5/7/2018 11:08am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 11:10am
Really looking forward to RDR2. I feel like the last two story driven games I truly enjoyed were GTA 5 and The Last of Us, both of which were released in 2013. I plan on spending many evenings playing the game assuming it's as good as we all expect.

Hopefully some other games at E3 catch my eye, but I'm not counting on it outside of maybe Battlefield 5.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/7/2018 11:47am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 11:49am
GD2 wrote:
Really looking forward to RDR2. I feel like the last two story driven games I truly enjoyed were GTA 5 and The Last of Us, both...
Really looking forward to RDR2. I feel like the last two story driven games I truly enjoyed were GTA 5 and The Last of Us, both of which were released in 2013. I plan on spending many evenings playing the game assuming it's as good as we all expect.

Hopefully some other games at E3 catch my eye, but I'm not counting on it outside of maybe Battlefield 5.
Check out Detroit: Become Human. There's a demo out now on PS4 but haven't had the chance to play it yet. Developed by Quantic Dreams. The same guys that did Heavy Rain. Really enjoyed that one. Very different than any other games. If I had to compare it to any other game I'd say L.A. Noire. That's another one I liked.

Detroit: Become Human is a PS4 exclusive.
peelout
5/7/2018 12:14pm
GD2 wrote:
Really looking forward to RDR2. I feel like the last two story driven games I truly enjoyed were GTA 5 and The Last of Us, both...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Check out Detroit: Become Human. There's a demo out now on PS4 but haven't had the chance to play it yet. Developed by Quantic Dreams. The...
Check out Detroit: Become Human. There's a demo out now on PS4 but haven't had the chance to play it yet. Developed by Quantic Dreams. The same guys that did Heavy Rain. Really enjoyed that one. Very different than any other games. If I had to compare it to any other game I'd say L.A. Noire. That's another one I liked.

there's a demo on this? thanks for the heads up gonna download it tonight. this game has piqued my interest, looks awesome and Heavy Rain was badass
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/7/2018 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 3:59pm
GD2 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Check out Detroit: Become Human. There's a demo out now on PS4 but haven't had the chance to play it yet. Developed by Quantic Dreams. The...

peelout wrote:
there's a demo on this? thanks for the heads up gonna download it tonight. this game has piqued my interest, looks awesome and Heavy Rain was...
there's a demo on this? thanks for the heads up gonna download it tonight. this game has piqued my interest, looks awesome and Heavy Rain was badass
Detroit: Become Human is the same concept. You'll have some difficult decisions to make. Every choice you make will affect how the story plays out.

Just like Heavy Rain there's going to be multiple story endings.

Really need to bring back the gaming sub-forum in this place because it looks like there's plenty of us on here that game.

GD2 any way you can make that happen? E3 is in June so would be great to have it by then as I'm sure great games will be announced. Don't want to litter non-moto with a bunch of different games.
peelout
5/7/2018 1:41pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Detroit: Become Human is the same concept. You'll have some difficult decisions to make. Every choice you make will affect how the story plays out. Just...
Detroit: Become Human is the same concept. You'll have some difficult decisions to make. Every choice you make will affect how the story plays out.

Just like Heavy Rain there's going to be multiple story endings.

Really need to bring back the gaming sub-forum in this place because it looks like there's plenty of us on here that game.

GD2 any way you can make that happen? E3 is in June so would be great to have it by then as I'm sure great games will be announced. Don't want to litter non-moto with a bunch of different games.
i agree on the gaming forum

make it happen GD2 bro
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1185th
5/7/2018 3:49pm
Yep, the gaming forum was always pretty active.

GD2
Fantasy
887th
5/8/2018 7:28am
I thought about checking out Detroit: Become Human. Guess I'll take a look at the demo.

I'll mention bringing back the gaming sub-forum, but it was fairly active when it was done away with the first time. So I wouldn't count on it coming back.
peelout
5/8/2018 8:16am
had time to read it this morning, good article but kinda fluff entertainment value stuff. either way, the game is going to be a huge leap ahead of RDR and GTA5, can't wait.

RDR was the only game i've ever played that i could just wander and enjoy the game more than playing the story
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/8/2018 8:39am
^^^ There's still 5 months until the release date so I don't expect them to reveal everything so soon. I do like that this time around hunting will have a purpose aside from selling the fur for some pocket money. Hunting so you and the gang can have a meal is pretty cool. Go hungry and the attitude/mood of everyone changes. Come back to the gang after a long period of time and they call your ass out on it. The day to day business in the world keeps going on whether your character is present or not.

This is the first game Rockstar is doing that was designed for the new generation consoles so not only should it be pretty amazing it should run pretty flawless.

They've been working on it for 8 years across all their studio's. First game they are releasing as a global team effort so I'm positive this game will deliver.

Already has my vote for game of the year.

Post a reply to: Red Dead Redemption 2

The Latest