Recipes

JRT812
Thanks to Harrybro and Newmann for the inspiration. Maybe this has happened before...can't remember. Let post our favorite recipes for others to try. Sort of like a vital cookbook. I'm all about the smoker/grill and love new ideas or different approaches. Such as the cast iron cooking from harrybro and Newman. I will post a Brunswick stew recipe from the family cookbook this evening after I'm done smoking a brisket. Maybe we can get it pinned for reference

Edit- Old-Man refreshed my memory and provided a link where we did this in the past.
|
JRT812
8/5/2017 10:56am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 10:56am
Old-Man wrote:
We did this a few years back, Here is a link for some killer recipes
Thanks my man for refreshing my memory!
8/5/2017 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 2:34pm
I say we go with a new thread, but you all do what you want and I won't complain.

JRTBroseph...

Here is the recipe I used - for the most part. I mixed it up a bit with other recipes I read. However, you will see the recipe for the sauce near the bottom. I did not deviate from that at all.

Tomorrow evening I'm going to do 2 inch thick ribeye I picked up today. Also bought a bottle of avocado oil to brush the steak with. As I noted previously, I used canola oil last week and had not trouble at all - just wanted to try the avocado oil.
wreckitrandy
8/5/2017 2:36pm
I'm no chef. Not much of a dish washer either. Easy to make and clean up is my game. I love breakfast. I love breakfast for supper. This is the easiest omlet ever devised. Boil a pot of water. Get a zip lock freezer bag. Three eggs, cheese, ham, bacon, onions, peppers,,,, anything you can think of. Stir it all up. Zip it closed. Put it in the pot for 20 minutes. Paper plate, plastic fork, paper towel. Try it one time. You can hug my neck next year at the desNations!

The Shop

8/5/2017 2:39pm
I'm no chef. Not much of a dish washer either. Easy to make and clean up is my game. I love breakfast. I love breakfast for...
I'm no chef. Not much of a dish washer either. Easy to make and clean up is my game. I love breakfast. I love breakfast for supper. This is the easiest omlet ever devised. Boil a pot of water. Get a zip lock freezer bag. Three eggs, cheese, ham, bacon, onions, peppers,,,, anything you can think of. Stir it all up. Zip it closed. Put it in the pot for 20 minutes. Paper plate, plastic fork, paper towel. Try it one time. You can hug my neck next year at the desNations!
That's pretty cool, Randybro!

20 minutes though in boiling water? That seems pretty long for eggs and some fixings. I can tell you this though, I'm gonna try it ASAP.
8/5/2017 2:41pm
I say we go with a new thread, but you all do what you want and I won't complain. JRTBroseph... Here is the [url=https://www.thespruce.com/cook-the-perfect-restaurant-steak-336360]recipe I used...
I say we go with a new thread, but you all do what you want and I won't complain.

JRTBroseph...

Here is the recipe I used - for the most part. I mixed it up a bit with other recipes I read. However, you will see the recipe for the sauce near the bottom. I did not deviate from that at all.

Tomorrow evening I'm going to do 2 inch thick ribeye I picked up today. Also bought a bottle of avocado oil to brush the steak with. As I noted previously, I used canola oil last week and had not trouble at all - just wanted to try the avocado oil.
In the recipe link I posted above, I go different at step 8. I don't go back to the oven. I keep it on the side burner to finish. Do pay attention to their cook times. They are correct. Having never done it, I left mine on just a bit longer due to paranoia that it would be too rare for my wife. Nope, those times are accurate.
bigmaico
8/5/2017 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 5:28pm
Killer desert!

Skillet Almond Shortbread

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups Plus 2 tablespoons of sugar

¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, melted

2 large eggs

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour

½ teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon almond extract

½ cup sliced almonds with skins

Directions:

Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line a 10-inch cast iron skillet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, stir 1 ½ cups sugar in to the melted butter. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Sift the flour and salt onto the batter. Add the flavoring and stir well. Pour the batter into the skillet ( it will be thick) . top with sliced almonds & the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar Bake until slight brow on top, about 34 minutes, Cool in the skillet.

Cut in to pie shaped pieces & let it dry out over night, makes it like a short bread cookie!
Sully
8/5/2017 6:15pm
My go-to chicken marinade:

1 bottle of Jufran Banana Sauce
1.5 - 2 cups of soy sauce
A shitload of garlic
Pinch of brown sugar
Lime juice - fresh squeezed, or the little plastic lime-shaped bottle. Doesn't matter.

Marinade chicken thighs for anywhere from 1 hour to 1 day.
Grill
Enjoy
BMR179
Fantasy
1263rd
8/7/2017 7:13am
Here's my go to party dip.

2 packages cream cheese, room temperature
1, 11oz. can of La costena or San Marcos jalapenos (whole or sliced with carrots)
1 to 3 cloves of garlic (to taste)

Pour entire can of jalapenos, with juice. and garlic in a blender, blend until chunkless (liquid). Put the 2 packages of cream cheese in and blend until mixed and smooth. You may have to help stir in the cream cheese as it will be thick.

Serve with Ruffles style potato chips, NOT TORTILLA CHIPS.

The taste is creamy with a nice jalapeno kick (not too hot) and a hint of garlic. The salty chips are really what makes it the bomb. If you want to mellow it out, add some sour cream. It is soooo easy and you will have people begging for the recipe. This stuff is addicting!
8/7/2017 7:35am
BMR179 wrote:
Here's my go to party dip. 2 packages cream cheese, room temperature 1, 11oz. can of La costena or San Marcos jalapenos (whole or sliced with...

1, 11oz. can of La costena or San Marcos jalapenos (whole or sliced with carrots)

Pour entire can of jalapenos, with juice. and garlic in a blender, blend until chunkless (liquid). Put the 2 packages of cream cheese in and blend until mixed and smooth. You may have to help stir in the cream cheese as it will be thick.

The taste is creamy with a nice jalapeno kick (not too hot) and a hint of garlic. The salty chips are really what makes it the bomb. If you want to mellow it out, add some sour cream. It is soooo easy and you will have people begging for the recipe. This stuff is addicting!
Yum! You just made Harry's back hair straighten!

I did my 2-inch thick Ribeye in the skillet last evening. It was delicious! One thing though...

When I made the sauce (described in a previous post) I used what the recipe called for - an entire cup of wine. First time I made it I used maybe half a cup. It was better with half a cup in my opinion, and my wife thought so too. I use a decent Cabernet and to us at the full cup it was a bit too over-powering. Your taste may differ, but thought I'd through that out there for general info.
BMR179
Fantasy
1263rd
8/7/2017 7:51am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2017 7:55am
BMR179 wrote:
Here's my go to party dip. 2 packages cream cheese, room temperature 1, 11oz. can of La costena or San Marcos jalapenos (whole or sliced with...

Yum! You just made Harry's back hair straighten! I did my 2-inch thick Ribeye in the skillet last evening. It was delicious! One thing though... When...
Yum! You just made Harry's back hair straighten!

I did my 2-inch thick Ribeye in the skillet last evening. It was delicious! One thing though...

When I made the sauce (described in a previous post) I used what the recipe called for - an entire cup of wine. First time I made it I used maybe half a cup. It was better with half a cup in my opinion, and my wife thought so too. I use a decent Cabernet and to us at the full cup it was a bit too over-powering. Your taste may differ, but thought I'd through that out there for general info.
A tip on the sauce, if you use a whole cup of wine, it needs to be reduced some. I use about 2/3 cup of good cabernet, 1/4 cup of worcestershire (sp), 1/4 cup butter, sliced mushrooms, and whatever herbs. Reduce the wine and worcestershire in the cast iron pan (this will deglaze the pan), add butter and melt, add shrooms and herbs. Saute and reduce a until a little thicker (not too much) then use as a sauce for whatever.

I bet that ribeye was extra tasty! I'm going to cook some steaks for a friends birthday this coming Saturday. Man my mouth is watering now.

Post a reply to: Recipes

The Latest