Reading old threads

Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
Ive noticed that if I go read threads from a long time ago 5-10 years etc. I see lots and lots like the majority even of names I never see posting anymore.
Not sure if anyone has the answer but it makes me wonder why they would stop.
It seems like most people that are into Motocoss are pretty into it.
Are they dying off?
Getting there info somewhere else?
|
reded
1/17/2020 9:51am
I love all things moto but I try to stay out of most threads unless I'm giving someone a tech tip or a good Non Moto discussion. Too many snowflake members that want to attack when you try to give an opinion. Fuck em, I've quit giving them the time of day. I also don't click on ads so I'm pretty much just a waste of space here.
1/17/2020 10:45am
Tarz483 wrote:
Ive noticed that if I go read threads from a long time ago 5-10 years etc. I see lots and lots like the majority even of...
Ive noticed that if I go read threads from a long time ago 5-10 years etc. I see lots and lots like the majority even of names I never see posting anymore.
Are they dying off?
Most probably have been clicked, not sure if a banned user still show up in old threads or not, they could’ve been banned & changed their username.

I know this sounds morbid but they could’ve died or had a serious illness or injury or they just can’t be bothered to post anymore.

Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/17/2020 4:26pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Ive noticed that if I go read threads from a long time ago 5-10 years etc. I see lots and lots like the majority even of...
Are they dying off?
Most probably have been clicked, not sure if a banned user still show up in old threads or not, they could’ve been banned & changed their...
Most probably have been clicked, not sure if a banned user still show up in old threads or not, they could’ve been banned & changed their username.

I know this sounds morbid but they could’ve died or had a serious illness or injury or they just can’t be bothered to post anymore.

Yeah it's a pretty big difference amount actually. Is there some other forums I'm not aware of ? The only other one I know of is thumper talk which just seems a little basic to me and doesn't seem very popular either.
mikec265
1/17/2020 6:31pm
I think a lot of people walk away from the negativity. Sometimes I get tired of it, and on rare occasion contribute to it and catch myself.

The Shop

BMSOBx2
1/17/2020 7:35pm
Used to be fun but then it became a business, with that came correctness and censorship. Add in a generational change and the current culture of divisiveness and downvotes and here we are.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/18/2020 1:22am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 1:32am
Its just a news source to me, I read some of the threads and maybe post but its when I am at my desk in front of my computer doing work, paying bills etc. I am sure lots of people quit riding and lose interest or don't follow the races anymore or sign up under new user names or have to move out of their parents house and have to get a job. It has some good info but huge amounts of misinformation or just wrong information but if you can dig through the trash there is some good stuff too if you have a real bike problem etc. Cool

One thing I find interesting is that 100 people can see a on track incident and you get a 100 different points of view and some really wild ones.The funny part is some of the meltdowns some of these clowns have that get so worked up on a MX forum. They are either bipolar or raging alcoholics or drug abusers and they thing they are the word of god, just makes me shake my head and laugh.
1/18/2020 5:46am
The dousche bags take over. Spin everything every which way. Say crappy comments, get clicked....make another account. Antagonize more users for not thinking a certain way. Then people just leave. I don’t think people that actually race hang around to post. This place is like TMZ.
KMC440
1/18/2020 7:24am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 7:26am
I'm here strictly for hangin with moto budds that don't take themselves too seriously and for some, not all, of my information intake and pure entertainment !!

Some of you people though ... like someone harkening back to a thread 8 years ago that contradicts what they just wrote ... lighten up
Francis !!!
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/18/2020 9:00am
Sometimes I'll try to think of a unique question or try to start a conversation about something I haven't seen talked about.
And it's actually kinda hard to get a conversation going. Very few people will actually talk. And even then it's usually maybe one comment. I've been trying to think of a way to get People to actually have a conversation were they answer back and forth.
Seems like different opinions and hearing things from adifferent points of view is what's interesting.
jeffro503
1/18/2020 3:09pm
Think a lot of them moved on to other things. Possibly don't really follow the sport much any more. I know after my bad wreck in 2005 where I damn near died , I vanished for about 6 years. I found other things to do that I enjoyed and honestly didn't miss the sport at all. I joined up a couple years after I got hurt , but really didn't post much or follow it very much until about 2011. I have some other interests I'm pursuing at the moment right now too. And who knows where I'll be in a year from now. I take it month by month any more.
jeffro503
1/18/2020 3:12pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Its just a news source to me, I read some of the threads and maybe post but its when I am at my desk in front...
Its just a news source to me, I read some of the threads and maybe post but its when I am at my desk in front of my computer doing work, paying bills etc. I am sure lots of people quit riding and lose interest or don't follow the races anymore or sign up under new user names or have to move out of their parents house and have to get a job. It has some good info but huge amounts of misinformation or just wrong information but if you can dig through the trash there is some good stuff too if you have a real bike problem etc. Cool

One thing I find interesting is that 100 people can see a on track incident and you get a 100 different points of view and some really wild ones.The funny part is some of the meltdowns some of these clowns have that get so worked up on a MX forum. They are either bipolar or raging alcoholics or drug abusers and they thing they are the word of god, just makes me shake my head and laugh.
Btw LB.....sorry for kinda going off on you last week. Was in a shitty mood from some bad work weeks. Sore , tired and my patience was just worn thin. Didn't mean to come after just you personally.
Deja New
1/18/2020 3:18pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Sometimes I'll try to think of a unique question or try to start a conversation about something I haven't seen talked about. And it's actually kinda...
Sometimes I'll try to think of a unique question or try to start a conversation about something I haven't seen talked about.
And it's actually kinda hard to get a conversation going. Very few people will actually talk. And even then it's usually maybe one comment. I've been trying to think of a way to get People to actually have a conversation were they answer back and forth.
Seems like different opinions and hearing things from adifferent points of view is what's interesting.
I’ll ditto that seems if it’s not drama queen material the masses don’t respond.
Deja New
1/18/2020 3:19pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Think a lot of them moved on to other things. Possibly don't really follow the sport much any more. I know after my bad wreck in...
Think a lot of them moved on to other things. Possibly don't really follow the sport much any more. I know after my bad wreck in 2005 where I damn near died , I vanished for about 6 years. I found other things to do that I enjoyed and honestly didn't miss the sport at all. I joined up a couple years after I got hurt , but really didn't post much or follow it very much until about 2011. I have some other interests I'm pursuing at the moment right now too. And who knows where I'll be in a year from now. I take it month by month any more.
What happened in 2005? And are you all healed up now? Or you got lasting injuries?
jeffro503
1/18/2020 3:33pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Think a lot of them moved on to other things. Possibly don't really follow the sport much any more. I know after my bad wreck in...
Deja New wrote:
What happened in 2005? And are you all healed up now? Or you got lasting injuries?
Hey Deja. The wreck in 2005 was a head on collision with another rider , who snuck out onto the track and went backwards , and we hit head on , front wheel to front wheel , both going about 2nd gear wide open. Don't ask me what the guy was thinking , because still today , myself or anyone else that was there ( including the other rider )....have no idea. I broke a lot of bones , including collar bones , smashed my left hand along with losing 1" off the end of my middle finger. Shattered all my ribs in the front and left side , completely separated sternum. The broken ribs punctured my left lung and I collapsed the right one. After about 10 mins of laying there I felt like I was drowning from the blood coming in. Got hauled out by the medics and spent about 3.5 weeks in the hospital. first 5 days in ICU.

I've been banged up a few more times since I came back , but this last one that happened in July at the big vet race , was kinda the last straw for me. My "good hand " is the one I just smashed. Besides that , both my knees are giving some bad problems , which stared after that last wreck as well. Christ.....I don't know.
1/18/2020 3:34pm
There does seem to be a lot more negativity on here now than even a year ago, I still love this place but I can tell a difference. Us Moto bros should build each other up not cut each other down. One Example: is the people who run Suzuki bikes down. Why the **** would you run someone down for buying a dirtbike and enjoying the sport we love period. I don’t mind the tips, positives, negatives on a topic but some people are just pathetic
Deja New
1/18/2020 3:39pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Deja New wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Deja. The wreck in 2005 was a head on collision with another rider , who snuck out onto the track and went backwards , and...
Hey Deja. The wreck in 2005 was a head on collision with another rider , who snuck out onto the track and went backwards , and we hit head on , front wheel to front wheel , both going about 2nd gear wide open. Don't ask me what the guy was thinking , because still today , myself or anyone else that was there ( including the other rider )....have no idea. I broke a lot of bones , including collar bones , smashed my left hand along with losing 1" off the end of my middle finger. Shattered all my ribs in the front and left side , completely separated sternum. The broken ribs punctured my left lung and I collapsed the right one. After about 10 mins of laying there I felt like I was drowning from the blood coming in. Got hauled out by the medics and spent about 3.5 weeks in the hospital. first 5 days in ICU.

I've been banged up a few more times since I came back , but this last one that happened in July at the big vet race , was kinda the last straw for me. My "good hand " is the one I just smashed. Besides that , both my knees are giving some bad problems , which stared after that last wreck as well. Christ.....I don't know.
Damn mate that sux balls it’s the down side of dirt scooters. I came off 3 weeks ago wrecked my good shoulder smashed my right hand and am stupid enough to want to ride again. Had my share to but nothing like that. I guess it’s also why I love Mx and SX so much as I can appreciate just what these guys put themselves through.
Also I dont facebook or any other social media so there a couple of guys on here I enjoy talking to just need to sift through the junk some days.
Cheers Patrick
Deja New
1/18/2020 3:41pm
There does seem to be a lot more negativity on here now than even a year ago, I still love this place but I can tell...
There does seem to be a lot more negativity on here now than even a year ago, I still love this place but I can tell a difference. Us Moto bros should build each other up not cut each other down. One Example: is the people who run Suzuki bikes down. Why the **** would you run someone down for buying a dirtbike and enjoying the sport we love period. I don’t mind the tips, positives, negatives on a topic but some people are just pathetic
Seems less in non moto also noticed more older and level headed guys hanging out here.
1/18/2020 3:47pm
There does seem to be a lot more negativity on here now than even a year ago, I still love this place but I can tell...
Deja New wrote:
Seems less in non moto also noticed more older and level headed guys hanging out here.
Agreed. I do miss having debates with my man wombat. Anyone know what happen to him?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/18/2020 4:02pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Btw LB.....sorry for kinda going off on you last week. Was in a shitty mood from some bad work weeks. Sore , tired and my patience...
Btw LB.....sorry for kinda going off on you last week. Was in a shitty mood from some bad work weeks. Sore , tired and my patience was just worn thin. Didn't mean to come after just you personally.
Lol it would take more than that to ruffle my feathers, I got skin like a ryno. Wink
jeffro503
1/18/2020 4:05pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Lol it would take more than that to ruffle my feathers, I got skin like a ryno. Wink
Right on man. Sorry I acted like a dick head.
Chance1216
1/18/2020 9:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 11:55am
jeffro503 wrote:
Deja New wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Deja. The wreck in 2005 was a head on collision with another rider , who snuck out onto the track and went backwards , and...

My right knee is going out. It is full of arthritis, torn meniscus, hands ache, back injury from 08 that still kills me about twice a month and arthritis in my neck. I feel like the Tin Man sometimes. I’ll be looking for other ventures in the not too distant future myself. Just the way it goes sometimes. Once the weather gets better we’ll be killing fish Jeffro503
JAFO92
1/19/2020 5:17am
jeffro503 wrote:
Right on man. Sorry I acted like a dick head.
You were acting? Wink j/k

Did you sell the RM ?
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
1/19/2020 8:54am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2020 11:05am
I dunno...most threads I start get clicked because they get filled up with hate posts. Like my last thread....I posted where police recovered approx. $240k worth of dirt bikes and quads...reunited them with their owners, and arrested the alleged thieves. I posted that to show the victims of bike theft that sometimes we do get our stuff back. I went to work and by my first break, thread had been clipped. I'm absolutely certain it blew up with hate posts. I've also posted in threads from others that got clicked. I'm not into all the hate posts, and if you can't even have a discussion without some clown getting the entire thread clipped, what's the point of being here?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/19/2020 10:57am
I dunno...most threads I start get clicked because they get filled up with hate posts. Like my last thread....I posted where police recovered approx. $240k worth...
I dunno...most threads I start get clicked because they get filled up with hate posts. Like my last thread....I posted where police recovered approx. $240k worth of dirt bikes and quads...reunited them with their owners, and arrested the alleged thieves. I posted that to show the victims of bike theft that sometimes we do get our stuff back. I went to work and by my first break, thread had been clipped. I'm absolutely certain it blew up with hate posts. I've also posted in threads from others that got clicked. I'm not into all the hate posts, and if you can't even have a discussion without some clown getting the entire thread clipped, what's the point of being here?
The couple time outs I got were in the same type of threads, either Wheelie Boys threads or Gun threads so I just don't post in them anymore. Most of the time it was a blanket time out for most of the people posting in the thread even thought it wasn't over the line. I just avoid those types of threads now.

Post a reply to: Reading old threads

The Latest