Rancho Cucamonga

plowboy
4/23/2018 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 9:43am
I know there's lots of California folks on the board. I'm headed to RC for a couple weeks for work. Is this a place a hick from Kansas can walk from the Holiday Inn Express Mills to local eateries without getting his turnip truck dumbass shot? I'll have a rental car but don't want to go to a brew house and try to drive. Or is it safer to Uber?
|
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
4/23/2018 4:38pm
I can't answer your questions but I can tell you that uncle Elroy is the king around there.. Paid cash.
plowboy
4/23/2018 4:45pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
I can't answer your questions but I can tell you that uncle Elroy is the king around there.. Paid cash.
Damn Aussie trash....I'm trying to keep my milky ass alive here. SillyWoohoo
plowboy
4/23/2018 4:50pm
I was bummed when I looked at the map and saw I could probably throw a rock and hit GH Raceway. Gonna see if I can stretch the trip out til the national....Maybe hit Hangtown the week before....haven't been there since 1984.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
4/23/2018 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 4:56pm
Git yer milky ass to them nationals!Woohoo

The Shop

plowboy
4/23/2018 5:09pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Git yer milky ass to them nationals!Woohoo
I had planned on going to the MXdN this year but it would be sweet to see the guys (that are left standing after SX) at the start of the season.
captmoto
4/23/2018 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 6:53pm
Right around the corner on 4th there are a few chain outfits, BJ's Brewery, Lucky dog. SE corner of Milliken and Fourth St. is a Red Lobster and Olive Garden. When are you coming out? You know that old song "Nobody Walks in L.A."?
borg
4/23/2018 7:33pm
plowboy wrote:
I know there's lots of California folks on the board. I'm headed to RC for a couple weeks for work. Is this a place a hick...
I know there's lots of California folks on the board. I'm headed to RC for a couple weeks for work. Is this a place a hick from Kansas can walk from the Holiday Inn Express Mills to local eateries without getting his turnip truck dumbass shot? I'll have a rental car but don't want to go to a brew house and try to drive. Or is it safer to Uber?
It's been a while since my kids and I used to ride out that way but it's mostly an industrial type working town. Big warehouses mostly. Not too bad this time of year but pretty hot and smoggy during the summer. The serious white trash and gangbangers are near Palmdale and Hemet. RC should be fine. Plenty of tracks near there if you get a chance to ride. Uber to a few Route 66 dive bars.

We used to freeride out there near 6th and the 15. If you go to Google maps you can see the spot. Real sandy but right after a rain it was effing heaven. I'm talking deep sand. Maybe captmoto knows the spot I'm talking about.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
4/23/2018 7:34pm
captmoto wrote:
Right around the corner on 4th there are a few chain outfits, BJ's Brewery, Lucky dog. SE corner of Milliken and Fourth St. is a Red...
Right around the corner on 4th there are a few chain outfits, BJ's Brewery, Lucky dog. SE corner of Milliken and Fourth St. is a Red Lobster and Olive Garden. When are you coming out? You know that old song "Nobody Walks in L.A."?
Bullshit, I walk just about everywhere. Wink
BMSOBx2
4/23/2018 7:34pm
It gets warm out that way. Especially since it's right on the edge of the desert & all. Dress appropriately during the day. You gotta see Hangtown.
captmoto
4/23/2018 9:20pm
borg wrote:
It's been a while since my kids and I used to ride out that way but it's mostly an industrial type working town. Big warehouses mostly...
It's been a while since my kids and I used to ride out that way but it's mostly an industrial type working town. Big warehouses mostly. Not too bad this time of year but pretty hot and smoggy during the summer. The serious white trash and gangbangers are near Palmdale and Hemet. RC should be fine. Plenty of tracks near there if you get a chance to ride. Uber to a few Route 66 dive bars.

We used to freeride out there near 6th and the 15. If you go to Google maps you can see the spot. Real sandy but right after a rain it was effing heaven. I'm talking deep sand. Maybe captmoto knows the spot I'm talking about.
The area has grown up quite a bit. Foothill Bl., old Route 66 is full retail, Miliken from 10 Fwy to 210 is retail. a little commercial and residential. It's mostly big city anymore. We used to ride at Baseline just east of the 15. It was great when wet but always rough with deep sand whoops. It was a great place to get in shape and learn to ride sand. It was all about the same, deep sand and whoops.
plowboy
4/24/2018 3:31am
Thanks fellas. Heading out on the 26th - til May 11. Bench testing/certifying hydraulic components for a new aircraft with the vendor. I don't expect much free time.
Stuntman949
4/24/2018 8:13am
I remember being 5 or 6 and passing through Rancho Cucamonga with my pops in his '87 El Camino

"You couldn't fucking pay me to live here."- Dad
tunedlength
4/24/2018 8:28pm
borg wrote:
It's been a while since my kids and I used to ride out that way but it's mostly an industrial type working town. Big warehouses mostly...

captmoto wrote:
The area has grown up quite a bit. Foothill Bl., old Route 66 is full retail, Miliken from 10 Fwy to 210 is retail. a little...
The area has grown up quite a bit. Foothill Bl., old Route 66 is full retail, Miliken from 10 Fwy to 210 is retail. a little commercial and residential. It's mostly big city anymore. We used to ride at Baseline just east of the 15. It was great when wet but always rough with deep sand whoops. It was a great place to get in shape and learn to ride sand. It was all about the same, deep sand and whoops.
Baseline was great!
Not unusual to see the factories there torturing their riders.
Must have burned 2000 gallons of fuel riding that place.
There was some hard pack tracks up in the area around trees.
4/24/2018 8:59pm
Plenty of places to eat nearby within walking and uber distance near Ontario Mills. A few miles north is Victoria Gardens.
captmoto
4/24/2018 10:04pm
Baseline was great! Not unusual to see the factories there torturing their riders. Must have burned 2000 gallons of fuel riding that place. There was some...
Baseline was great!
I think that is where Mark Barnett broke his collarbone back in 82 or something.
borg
4/25/2018 6:46am
Just took this from google maps. Apparently they're still riding here. Hard to tell from the pic but it's deep powdery sand. This shit will build your riding muscles. This is the area just East of the 15 just above 6th.

Stuntman949
4/25/2018 8:00am
Aaaaaaaaaaayyyyy lets keep our spot off the forum
dirtmike86
4/25/2018 11:16pm
Nope.. Youre gunna die. Dont wear red,white and black, green, or blue or addidas or nike cortez. Some jordans are ok but i dont remember which ones. Dont make eye contact. Dont hold open doors for old ladys. Never say howdy. Dont tuck in your shirt and never say homie. Everytime you see gangbangers make sure you hit the lock button on the car loud enough for them to hear it.
fcr
4/29/2018 3:55pm
borg wrote:

captmoto wrote:
The area has grown up quite a bit. Foothill Bl., old Route 66 is full retail, Miliken from 10 Fwy to 210 is retail. a little...
Baseline was great! Not unusual to see the factories there torturing their riders. Must have burned 2000 gallons of fuel riding that place. There was some...
Baseline was great!
I used to ride the track by the trees, Staten was out there lots too. It was across from the Drag strip
I went by it a few months ago and it is developed or being developed finally.
When they pinned the name Rancho in front, the clouds parted and rainbows happened. All the rock homes the HA’s lived in went away to. Oh wait that was Etiwanda.
fcr
4/29/2018 4:09pm
I didn’t know about the Baseline track, was it around in the late 60’s early70’s? I used to ride Etiwanda and Across the street from about 66 on. Also Birdfarm in Jurupa Hills and so on.
To the OP, be aware of your surroundings, Uber is easy. I haven’t been in the area for years, but why take a chance. Is your place by the 10?
4/29/2018 8:05pm
Dude it's a freaking mall. It's Rancho Cucamonga not Watts. The only thing you have to worry about where you want to eat. Most every chain restaurant you can think of is within 5 miles.
fcr
4/29/2018 9:29pm
Dude it's a freaking mall. It's Rancho Cucamonga not Watts. The only thing you have to worry about where you want to eat. Most every chain...
Dude it's a freaking mall. It's Rancho Cucamonga not Watts. The only thing you have to worry about where you want to eat. Most every chain restaurant you can think of is within 5 miles.
I was thinking down by the 10, my car was beat to shit in the parking lot of the Hilton about 8 years ago. Somebody decided they didn’t like Beemers
plowboy
4/30/2018 11:19am
Ok, here's my update. Work schedule has been all over the place so I haven't explored much but this place is pretty sweet. It's easy to see why so many people live out here...great weather, beautiful scenery. I'm a country boy at heart but it appears that a lot of thought and money went into making this area as green and outdoorsy as possible. Gas and beer are a little pricey but everything else seems in line with the Midwest. People are freaky friendly...even the panhandlers are nice. No complaints so far.

I imagine after Vegas SX a few more big boys will be at Glen Helen/Pala practicing. Gonna try hard to get out there for a look see.
captmoto
5/2/2018 7:48pm
plowboy wrote:
Ok, here's my update. Work schedule has been all over the place so I haven't explored much but this place is pretty sweet. It's easy to...
Ok, here's my update. Work schedule has been all over the place so I haven't explored much but this place is pretty sweet. It's easy to see why so many people live out here...great weather, beautiful scenery. I'm a country boy at heart but it appears that a lot of thought and money went into making this area as green and outdoorsy as possible. Gas and beer are a little pricey but everything else seems in line with the Midwest. People are freaky friendly...even the panhandlers are nice. No complaints so far.

I imagine after Vegas SX a few more big boys will be at Glen Helen/Pala practicing. Gonna try hard to get out there for a look see.
They are already there. Check on the homepage for vids over the last couple weeks. How long will you be out here?
PM me if you get some free time. I can show you around a little bit if you want but I only have until Tuesday, then I get my knee replaced.
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
5/2/2018 8:12pm
borg wrote:
Just took this from google maps. Apparently they're still riding here. Hard to tell from the pic but it's deep powdery sand. This shit will build...
Just took this from google maps. Apparently they're still riding here. Hard to tell from the pic but it's deep powdery sand. This shit will build your riding muscles. This is the area just East of the 15 just above 6th.

It pains me to do it, But I am starting a 375K sq' building on that property in the next few weeks.
5/3/2018 6:19am
Dude it's a freaking mall. It's Rancho Cucamonga not Watts. The only thing you have to worry about where you want to eat. Most every chain...
fcr wrote:
I was thinking down by the 10, my car was beat to shit in the parking lot of the Hilton about 8 years ago. Somebody decided...
I was thinking down by the 10, my car was beat to shit in the parking lot of the Hilton about 8 years ago. Somebody decided they didn’t like Beemers
You probably had the same color car as her ex-boyfriend
plowboy
5/3/2018 9:59pm
plowboy wrote:
Ok, here's my update. Work schedule has been all over the place so I haven't explored much but this place is pretty sweet. It's easy to...

captmoto wrote:
They are already there. Check on the homepage for vids over the last couple weeks. How long will you be out here? PM me if you...
They are already there. Check on the homepage for vids over the last couple weeks. How long will you be out here?
PM me if you get some free time. I can show you around a little bit if you want but I only have until Tuesday, then I get my knee replaced.
Capt....My schedule is all over the place. I am sick of restaurant food. I will gladly provide steaks/sides to you/yours and any other Vital scum you can entice. I assume you have a grill....most fellas your size do. I'm free Sat/Sun by 5 p.m. Let me know if you're agreeable.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
5/3/2018 10:17pm
fcr wrote:
I was thinking down by the 10, my car was beat to shit in the parking lot of the Hilton about 8 years ago. Somebody decided...
You probably had the same color car as her ex-boyfriend
WoohooLaughing
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
5/4/2018 8:03am
fcr wrote:
That can happen anywhere. We have some very nice cars in the garage but when we take long road trips I usually rent something. Lots of nasty hate filled people in this world that do not like the idea that people can work for a living and buy nice things. I’ve come out in the parking lot and found dents in my car the size of a fist before
plowboy
5/5/2018 11:44pm
Woohoo. Hit the road at 5:30 this a.m. Drove up to Mt. Baldy. Easy drive but a little too early to shop for crap to take home for the family. Headed out to Glen Helen. REM race day...cool. Sat with the guys during riders meeting. Pretty light turnout. Great bunch of people...not what I expected. Laid back and well oiled for sure. Even had offers for a bike and gear to race. Bummer I got called into work about a hour and a half into the day. The track looked amazing. The hills are really that BIG. The jumps are actually safe and doable. I would love to get back here with my bike.

Post a reply to: Rancho Cucamonga

The Latest