Ram truck flat tire...aaaarrrggghhh

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2017 11:48 AM

Left front tire blew out and shredded. Truck immediately died right there and had to be towed in. Ram engineers with their years of training and degrees to hang on the wall decided the should route the body wiring harness right behind the plastic inner fender liner just behind the tire. Harness is shredded as well as the rear chassis harness it connects to is damaged and will be replaced also. Had to gut the interior and drop the headliner. Runs halfway through the engine bay too for extra fun.

Photo

|

8/8/2017 11:50 AM

Photo

|

8/8/2017 1:52 PM

German engineeeing. Revenge for Dresden. Hamburg, Düsseldorf, Berlin, etc.

|

8/8/2017 1:56 PM

Just splice that back together!!

|

8/8/2017 2:09 PM

Wow... that is an intimidating bunch of wires

|

8/8/2017 6:51 PM

newmann wrote: Photo

Photo

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/8/2017 10:48 PM

I don't do electrical or make things out of wood.

It's witchcraft.

|

8/9/2017 3:41 AM

JRT812 wrote:

Wow... that is an intimidating bunch of wires

You should see the wiring harnesses on the Super Hornet.

|

8/9/2017 5:31 AM

KMC440 wrote:

I don't do electrical or make things out of wood.

It's witchcraft.

Ditto.

|

8/9/2017 7:03 AM

I got a 2017 Ram and switched out the exhaust. While under there I thought it was kind of crazy to have some wire harnesses down in that area, damn!

|

8/9/2017 9:35 AM

Got that one all in and moved on the rear harness that connects to it. Removed the gooseneck hitch and harness, unbolted and removed the bed. Dropped the fuel tank, unbolted and jacked up the left side of the cab to snake the old harness out and the new one in. Plugged everything up, replaced some blown fuses and powered up to start. Lots of weird happenings and a quick scan shows lost communication. The plot thickens...laughing

|

8/9/2017 10:05 AM

newmann wrote:

Got that one all in and moved on the rear harness that connects to it. Removed the gooseneck hitch and harness, unbolted and removed the bed. Dropped the fuel tank, unbolted and jacked up the left side of the cab to snake the old harness out and the new one in. Plugged everything up, replaced some blown fuses and powered up to start. Lots of weird happenings and a quick scan shows lost communication. The plot thickens...laughing

That stuff drives me crazy!

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/9/2017 10:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2017 10:15 AM

I was following a dually down the highway and his outer rear tire went flat and exploded and blew the dually fender off the truck.

|

8/9/2017 10:26 AM

i have a hard enough time getting the positive and negative connections hooked up properly to a set of speakers

|

8/9/2017 12:23 PM

Photo

This is why I just sell the parts and don't touch the tools haha. Let's hope you never come across a newer BMW that has some electrical issues.
|

Turning dreams into realities one day at a time.

8/9/2017 2:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2017 2:14 PM

JaredPartridge wrote: Photo

This is why I just sell the parts and don't touch the tools haha. Let's hope you never come across a newer BMW that has some electrical issues.

Too late...blink Fortunately it did total out after a massive teardown. Not so lucky with a couple of Mercedes we had over the years. Holy shit at the gut job you have to do to route that thing. Probably on par with that Super Hornet Harry mentioned.

|

8/9/2017 2:10 PM

newmann wrote:

Too late...blink Fortunately it did total out after a massive teardown. Not so lucky with a couple of Mercedes we had over the years. Holy shit at the gut job you have to do to route that thing. Probably on par with that Super Hornet Harry mentioned.

Mr. Newmann, you know I admire you...but no...not even close. smile

|

8/9/2017 2:17 PM

newmann wrote:

Harry Backmon wrote:

It was a joke Harry. laughing I can imagine the Super Hornet is actually just a 21,000 mile wiring harness that resembles and aircraft.

|

8/10/2017 10:20 AM

newmann wrote:

Harry Backmon wrote:

newmann wrote:

It was a joke Harry. laughing I can imagine the Super Hornet is actually just a 21,000 mile wiring harness that resembles and aircraft.

laughing

That's actually a good comparison! The whole jet is electric. There are no pulleys, bellcranks, pushrods, etc. All wires. Actually, there is a couple of cables that go to a bellcrank, but they just provide some feel to the pilot. They don't actually control anything. The legacy Hornet has a back-up mechanical system that will come on when electrical power is lost, but it only controls the horizontal stabs. I've heard it is a borderline miracle to get the jet on the deck using back-up mech, but never have talked with a pilot that's actually had to do it.
|

8/10/2017 10:44 AM

Car manufactures do stupid things. My dad had an old dodge intrepid many years ago. To replace a headlight you had to take off the bumper. To take off bumper you had to take off the front wheels. Insane all that for a fucking headlight.

|

8/10/2017 11:03 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Car manufactures do stupid things. My dad had an old dodge intrepid many years ago. To replace a headlight you had to take off the bumper. To take off bumper you had to take off the front wheels. Insane all that for a fucking headlight.

And to change the battery you had to remove the right front tire and fender liner. Correct?

|

8/10/2017 11:34 AM

TXDirt wrote:

newmann wrote:

And to change the battery you had to remove the right front tire and fender liner. Correct?

Fuck yes lol

That car was a frickin nightmare to work on.

|

8/10/2017 1:46 PM

Same thing happened to me about 5 years ago. I don't have an underside shot handy, but the entire wiring harness was disemboweled.

Photo

|

Mike

8/12/2017 4:01 PM

TXDirt wrote:

Just splice that back together!!

Yeah no kidding. I'm all for doing things the right way, but this seems like a no brainer to just repair the wires in place. I'm surprised the insurance co. is willing to pay for this unless there's some rule/law forcing them to.

|

Powerband in every gear !