Raleigh, NC

12/19/2018 9:05am
I’ve been presented with an opportunity to fill a position with my company just south of Raleigh, NC. It’s very tempting but I’ve never been so I figured I would reach out to the people of Vital. About me: 28, single, currently living on the eastern shore of MD. I love it here and everything I’ve made of it over the last 3 years but I love change and new opportunities. No longer ride MX but would love to dust off the MTN bike I haven’t touched in years (it is FLAT here). Might look into getting a street bike again, how is riding outside of the city? I would probably try to live downtown, figure the nightlife would be fun and a good way to meet people. Also, some of the apartments complexes look pretty cool with rooftop pools/lounge areas, fitness centers, etc.

People of Vital, tell me about Raleigh!
|
hillbilly
12/19/2018 3:45pm
I know there is a hell of a good place to crash on I -40 right in there somewhere. It swoops off a hill then thru a S curve elevated above the city.

Came thru there in my school bus ,hauling ass, and needed 3 or 4 more rounds of wedge in the right rear cause it was pushing like a dumptruck. It was laid. Over so far I could see under the bridge.

That area. Is central located to all kinds of motorsport,charlotte,danville,lake sugartree,.

Missy giove rides mtb. In Asheville now.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbQAJMOr4-w

Always liked the area when passing thru but to big a city for this ole boy.
Nighttrain
12/19/2018 10:20pm
Raleigh is a cool town. There are three major universities (UNC, Duke, and NC State) in the area so you’ll find a lot of folks your age. It’s not in the mountains of North Carolina but It’s a terrain of rolling hills. I used to go there on business travel and would take my road bike to hook up with a fast group ride out of Apex, NC. You don’t have to drive very far in any direction to be out in the country.
12/20/2018 6:01am
hillbilly wrote:
I know there is a hell of a good place to crash on I -40 right in there somewhere. It swoops off a hill then thru...
I know there is a hell of a good place to crash on I -40 right in there somewhere. It swoops off a hill then thru a S curve elevated above the city.

Came thru there in my school bus ,hauling ass, and needed 3 or 4 more rounds of wedge in the right rear cause it was pushing like a dumptruck. It was laid. Over so far I could see under the bridge.

That area. Is central located to all kinds of motorsport,charlotte,danville,lake sugartree,.

Missy giove rides mtb. In Asheville now.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbQAJMOr4-w

Always liked the area when passing thru but to big a city for this ole boy.
Crazy chick! I'd definitely like to check out Asheville at some point. Hoping to take a road trip to the Nashville SX in April and stop there for a night or two.
12/20/2018 6:21am
Nighttrain wrote:
Raleigh is a cool town. There are three major universities (UNC, Duke, and NC State) in the area so you’ll find a lot of folks your...
Raleigh is a cool town. There are three major universities (UNC, Duke, and NC State) in the area so you’ll find a lot of folks your age. It’s not in the mountains of North Carolina but It’s a terrain of rolling hills. I used to go there on business travel and would take my road bike to hook up with a fast group ride out of Apex, NC. You don’t have to drive very far in any direction to be out in the country.
Good to know, kinda what I gathered just looking at google maps. A friend of mine grew up in the area and has never stopped talking about how much he loves it there. Appreciate the input!

Post a reply to: Raleigh, NC

The Latest