Quick Gaming Simulator Question

motoman617
4/5/2020 10:57am
ocscottie wrote:
that ^ is awesome man!!
Yeah I thought that was a really cool setup and dude really did a nice job.

I have an iRacing membership so if there are any questions I can post a question over there. Let me know and I will post it up there.
jemcee
4/5/2020 4:04pm
ocscottie wrote:
that ^ is awesome man!!
motoman617 wrote:
Yeah I thought that was a really cool setup and dude really did a nice job. I have an iRacing membership so if there are any...
Yeah I thought that was a really cool setup and dude really did a nice job.

I have an iRacing membership so if there are any questions I can post a question over there. Let me know and I will post it up there.
It's almost exactly how the hand controls for my car work too

It also kinda answers my question about putting the pedals up next to the wheel.. Do they have to be a certain distance away from the wheel for some reason?
I thought I could just put the pedals to the left and use my whole left hand to push them while using the wheel with my right..

Thanks for ya help too man

The Shop

motoman617
4/5/2020 4:35pm
You should be able to mount your pedals as close to you as you want. Whatever you are comfortable with and can rig up. I imagine it will take some experimentation to get just right.

You can also look into a handbrake like Robert Wickens is using in his video. Something like this.
https://fanatec.com/us-en/shifters-others/clubsport-handbrake-v1.5
There are other brands out there but this is just an example.
jemcee
4/5/2020 5:44pm
motoman617 wrote:
You should be able to mount your pedals as close to you as you want. Whatever you are comfortable with and can rig up. I imagine...
You should be able to mount your pedals as close to you as you want. Whatever you are comfortable with and can rig up. I imagine it will take some experimentation to get just right.

You can also look into a handbrake like Robert Wickens is using in his video. Something like this.
https://fanatec.com/us-en/shifters-others/clubsport-handbrake-v1.5
There are other brands out there but this is just an example.
Yeah I might have to just bite the bullet and buy something and go from there haha
In this day and age I'm sure there'll be some way for me to work it out
Well not this exact day and age as this particular day and age is goin mad haha
jemcee
4/5/2020 6:25pm
I'm also now realising that they aren't cordless either?
I was hoping it was something I could put on a table with wheels that I could easily get out and put away..
This may take some thought.. Lucky I've got plenty of time haha
motoman617
4/5/2020 6:33pm
jemcee wrote:
I'm also now realising that they aren't cordless either? I was hoping it was something I could put on a table with wheels that I could...
I was hoping it was something I could put on a table with wheels that I could easily get out and put away..
Yeah it might be tough finding a cordless solution.

You might join the GT Planet forum. It is free and a lot of useful information on all sim racing there. You might be able to post up what you are looking for and get some help from people that have been down the same road.

Good luck to you.
jemcee
4/5/2020 7:03pm
jemcee wrote:
I'm also now realising that they aren't cordless either? I was hoping it was something I could put on a table with wheels that I could...
motoman617 wrote:
Yeah it might be tough finding a cordless solution. You might join the GT Planet forum. It is free and a lot of useful information on...
Yeah it might be tough finding a cordless solution.

You might join the GT Planet forum. It is free and a lot of useful information on all sim racing there. You might be able to post up what you are looking for and get some help from people that have been down the same road.

Good luck to you.
Yeah thanks man..
It might be a whole another room and tv setup haha but that's cool we'll work it out

Thanks again
jemcee
4/6/2020 7:22pm
Alright last question I'm not really keen to spend heaps (Like low hundreds haha) but is there any particular brand I should look for or stay away from?
Again thanks in advance ya legends
motoman617
4/7/2020 10:24am
I started out with a Logitech wheel. Was always reliable and I never had any problems with it. I’ve also had Thrustmaster wheels but had problems with those and their support sucked even though the wheel was under warranty.

Do a quick YouTube search for gaming wheels and watch some of the roundup videos. Then if one of those fits in your budget search out some reviews on there.

jemcee
4/7/2020 3:26pm
motoman617 wrote:
I started out with a Logitech wheel. Was always reliable and I never had any problems with it. I’ve also had Thrustmaster wheels but had problems...
I started out with a Logitech wheel. Was always reliable and I never had any problems with it. I’ve also had Thrustmaster wheels but had problems with those and their support sucked even though the wheel was under warranty.

Do a quick YouTube search for gaming wheels and watch some of the roundup videos. Then if one of those fits in your budget search out some reviews on there.

Right on thanks again man

Post a reply to: Quick Gaming Simulator Question

The Latest