Question for EZZA 95B

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2018 1:12 PM

Don't know if you know the answer to this but what color is the neutral in residential wiring down there?

|

5/4/2018 2:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2018 2:14 PM

Normally black

this is from nz, but australia is the same i believe,

Phase – red.
Neutral – light blue or black.
Earth – green or green/yellow.
(Note that older TPS cable may have no insulation to the earth wire.)

|

5/4/2018 2:37 PM

Yep,
Red
Black
Green/yellow

|

5/4/2018 3:34 PM

Thanks.
Whoever did some wiring on this house used light blue for neutral on some bootlegged circuits.. Threw me off trying to figure out what was what but I had heard that blue was used for neutral in some places. It's never used for neutral in Long Beach. Except my house apparently. On one circuit, there was 2 reds and a blue with no white. White is neutral here. I'm scratching my head. I figured it was a split phase 220 going to dryer or something. I found where the conduit ended and he had used one red for hot, one red for ground and blue for neutral. The house was built in the 30's so I'm finding some interesting shit.

|

5/4/2018 4:08 PM

American way.......when the wires start shooting sparks and the coatings start to melt , and lights start dimming......yeah , don't connect those two wires. At least that's what my friend said.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/4/2018 5:03 PM

Blue, used to be black.

|

5/4/2018 9:01 PM

Why would that not be universal? It seems like something as important as electrical codes/colors which can curl your hair and blow your shoes off if connected incorrectly be the same no matter where you live?

|

5/4/2018 10:01 PM

KennyT wrote:

Why would that not be universal? It seems like something as important as electrical codes/colors which can curl your hair and blow your shoes off if connected incorrectly be the same no matter where you live?

you would think that, but the world does not even drive on the same side of the road,

|

5/4/2018 11:35 PM

I feel kinda special that I was asked this question, especially considering I had no idea of the answer until I looked it up on Google.w00t laughing wink

|

5/5/2018 1:35 AM

KennyT wrote:

Like the metric system tongue pounds and inches are BS laughing

|

5/5/2018 5:34 AM

KennyT wrote:

Sunhouse wrote:

Like the metric system tongue pounds and inches are BS laughing

Theres 2 kinds of countries , those that use the metric system and those that put a man on the moon.

|

5/5/2018 7:42 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

I feel kinda special that I was asked this question, especially considering I had no idea of the answer until I looked it up on Google.w00t laughing wink

I checked too and all I could find was electrician forums. I don't trust anything I get from a forum.wink
Seriously though, I look stuff up all the time on google and so many times the link is to a forum of some kind. Guitars, music, construction, painting you name it. It's 90% bullshit. You think we have dumbass arguments here, it's a universal forum disease.

|

5/6/2018 1:42 AM

borg wrote:

I checked too and all I could find was electrician forums. I don't trust anything I get from a forum.wink
Seriously though, I look stuff up all the time on google and so many times the link is to a forum of some kind. Guitars, music, construction, painting you name it. It's 90% bullshit. You think we have dumbass arguments here, it's a universal forum disease.

I know exactly what you mean... You go looking for information in the hopes you're able to sort the issue out, then it becomes an exercise in frustration as you try to decipher wtf people are arguing about?!laughing

|

5/6/2018 4:32 PM

European standards (EU) are Brown is hot, Blue is neutral, Green/Yellow is ground.
If you build machines and export to Europe has to be wired that way. If you sell in the US
it can be wired that way. IF you standardize on that you can sell in both places with only
one scheme which is why many things are now using that color scheme.

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler, the only modular hauling system www.sprocketstuff.com home of the Counter Sprocket Tool