Queen

G-man
Edited Date/Time 6/25/2017 5:51pm
Saw them Friday night in Glendale thanks to my buddy Tim who scored me some tickets. Woohoo

I have to say this was one of the best shows I've seen in a while.

Adam Lambert is a great addition to Queen.
He is very humble and he talked for a few minutes about Freddy Mercury and how he was not there to replace him as nobody could with the talent he had.

It was a dream come true for him to play on stage with one of the greatest rock bands ever.
they had quite a few tributes to Freddy and it was a very good show.

It was the opening night of the North American tour next stop is Vegas and then Los Angeles after that.

if you have a chance go to the show as they play some true Rock classics.

You know how there's certain songs in your head and the first time you heard it you remember the time and place many years later?

Well turns out the first time I heard a Queen song was in the pits of Saddleback Park as I was strolling through to the concession truck.
It was We Will Rock You! And that is the song they open the show with. Smile

I also saw Queen at the fabulous forum in Inglewood in the 80's, they put on an incredible show and Freddie Mercury bounced around the stage with endless energy.

It was so cool to hear and see the band live once again you could tell they were all very happy to be back out there and enjoying themselves and they seem to like Adam a lot.

Brian May is one hell of a guitarist and they did a solo with him and they had Freddie Mercury Hologram image right next to him as he was doing the singing while Brian played acoustic guitar. Very cool tribute.

At the end of the song Brian spoke and you could tell it was very emotional for him but he also enjoyed it.

|
newmann
6/25/2017 5:04pm
Saw them twice in the early 80's in Houston. Great show both times, Freddie was one of a kind.
borg
6/25/2017 5:54pm
I gotta get out more G. I don't even know what live shows are like today. You may be inspiring me to brave the crowds and go to one.
Firefly47
6/25/2017 6:21pm
Greatest band in the history of music.
G-man
6/25/2017 10:04pm
Yes if you have the chance, go to the concert you will not be disappointed.

The Shop

SEEMEFIRST
6/25/2017 10:46pm
I can't imagine what Lambert is feeling.
He knows those shoes cannot really be filled.
JAFO92
6/26/2017 5:39am
Brian May made the right decision in hiring Lambert instead of Marc Martel.

ns503
6/26/2017 6:03am
One of the few bands in this world that I haven't seen but would really love to.

G-man
6/26/2017 9:26pm
JAFO92 wrote:
Brian May made the right decision in hiring Lambert instead of Marc Martel.

Yep I agree with you Adam Lambert was a perfect choice for Queen to continue on without Freddie.

I only watched American Idol for a few seasons and the season Adam Lambert was in was one of the best.

I truly feel he should have won that season, he did a Queen song during that competition and knocked it out of the park!

I remember thinking to myself, WHOA!!!
I hope members of Queen are watching this maybe they can get this guy to join the band. Cool
G-man
6/26/2017 10:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2017 10:31pm
That's a good question Green and I must say going to the show I was a little skeptical myself.

About six months ago I bought a best of Queen CD from Bookmans which is a used book CD store.

Been listening to it a lot and it really emphasizes on what a range vocally Freddie had. So going to the show I was wondering if I would be disappointed because there's no way anybody could sing like that in a Rock Band.

But then once the show started and those classic rock tunes were rocking and Adam did a hell of a job performing and yes he is not Freddie Mercury but he filled the void very good and that's what made it worthwhile.

Also you cannot discount Adams voice he has a pretty good range himself and while it's not as incredible as Freddie it's still pretty damn good. Smile

If you can try to pick up the CD as their hits are really some classic Hall of Fame rock tunes.

I think you would be surprised as how many hits they really put out over the years.
APLMAN99
6/27/2017 10:28am
Haven't seen any of the Queen stuff with Lambert, but if he's anywhere near as good as that Pineda kid is with Journey, I could definitely see it being worthwhile.

Post a reply to: Queen

The Latest