Qatar

lisenbyjacob
Anyone been to Qatar? I know there's some major gearhead stuff that goes on here but wouldn't even know where to start. Here for a while and I'd love to see some of that.
|
Sunhouse
8/1/2017 10:31pm
Qatar is nice, but like the Emirates it's a strange place. It's basically a place where you see what happens when you give desert nomads too much moneey to spend on ridiculous things.
That being said, Qatar and Oman are the places to visit on the peninsula. I would not go back to the Emirates based on their ideology alone.
Oman is safe and different from the other nations in the area as they practice religious freedom, and they have kept their culture intact.
cortez.cr
8/2/2017 4:27am
Anyone been to Qatar? I know there's some major gearhead stuff that goes on here but wouldn't even know where to start. Here for a while...
Anyone been to Qatar? I know there's some major gearhead stuff that goes on here but wouldn't even know where to start. Here for a while and I'd love to see some of that.
I have been there many times in the last few years.

A quick summary :
Very Hot! 115F is a normal regular day in summer.
It is very safe
Less restrictive than other muslim nations (Saudi)
Boring

I haven't got any trouble getting there as a foreigner.
Regular Joe life hasn't changed too much with all of these political issues.
People will wake up , jam the streets with traffic, get to the office and go home in the evening.

But things changed for locals as they are banned from countries in conflict. I have heard some families are broken apart if mom is from A and dad is from B
There have been some layoffs
There is no food shortage but quality has decreased and prices went up a little bit.
Locals are very proud and will support their authorities.

Just my two cents
lisenbyjacob
8/2/2017 10:34am
Sorry for the confusion, I'm already here guys lol. Air force. I'll be here for a bit and realized I'll be here for the Moto GP and WTCC race at Losail at the end of the year. Definitely gonna try to see that and I'd love to experience the dunes. I can go home happy after that.
cortez.cr
8/2/2017 9:29pm
Sorry for the confusion, I'm already here guys lol. Air force. I'll be here for a bit and realized I'll be here for the Moto GP...
Sorry for the confusion, I'm already here guys lol. Air force. I'll be here for a bit and realized I'll be here for the Moto GP and WTCC race at Losail at the end of the year. Definitely gonna try to see that and I'd love to experience the dunes. I can go home happy after that.
I attend the MXGP a couple years ago, it was awesome to see the top dudes doing the quad before the finish line.

If you can visit the dunes go for it, it is a really cool experience!
Also there is a place where you can rent dirt bikes and ride the dunes yourself, I haven't done this tho.

Post a reply to: Qatar

The Latest