Premier League

Nighttrain
Edited Date/Time 6/2/2022 1:03am
Any Premier League fans here? Manchester City is my club and they’re on a fantastic run. West Ham is no slouch tomorrow, though.

Man U and Chelsea should be a good one on Sunday, too.
|
SEEMEFIRST
2/27/2021 11:12pm
I think Chelsea is underrated this season.
Man U better be ready.
peltier626
3/4/2021 6:55am
Sons into soccer, I'm a true newb but have been watching and getting into the sport myself as we are becoming a soccer and moto family. We now take the bike to the soccer game and head to the track afterwards. He's a Liverpool fan. As I'm learning more about the game it is becoming quite interesting and entertaining. I like the ebbs and flow of the game. The small nuisances and formation play is becoming more evident the more I watch. I'm enjoying it myself. With peacock I'm able to watch SX and the Premier League.
SEEMEFIRST
3/4/2021 7:17am
peltier626 wrote:
Sons into soccer, I'm a true newb but have been watching and getting into the sport myself as we are becoming a soccer and moto family...
Sons into soccer, I'm a true newb but have been watching and getting into the sport myself as we are becoming a soccer and moto family. We now take the bike to the soccer game and head to the track afterwards. He's a Liverpool fan. As I'm learning more about the game it is becoming quite interesting and entertaining. I like the ebbs and flow of the game. The small nuisances and formation play is becoming more evident the more I watch. I'm enjoying it myself. With peacock I'm able to watch SX and the Premier League.
Once you get to where you seem to be, it becomes more clear that there is more to the game than just swatting at a ball.

I played for about 30 years, and nothing is more irritating than hearing someone bash the sport and their entire knowledge of the game comes from watching their 6 year old daughter play in the local recreational league.

Stuff doesn't start getting real until select league.

The Shop

3/4/2021 8:05am
I went to a match when I was about 11. Leicester City vs Coventry and my overwhelming memory was the noise, the tension, the police arresting people and a few thousand Coventry fans chanting "Your mums your dad, your dad's your mum, your interbred Leicester scum"

Never been back to a match but it was some atmosphere.
Ted722
3/4/2021 8:11am
peltier626 wrote:
Sons into soccer, I'm a true newb but have been watching and getting into the sport myself as we are becoming a soccer and moto family...
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Once you get to where you seem to be, it becomes more clear that there is more to the game than just swatting at a ball...
Once you get to where you seem to be, it becomes more clear that there is more to the game than just swatting at a ball.

I played for about 30 years, and nothing is more irritating than hearing someone bash the sport and their entire knowledge of the game comes from watching their 6 year old daughter play in the local recreational league.

Stuff doesn't start getting real until select league.
I played too. Some of my riding buddies as well. We didn’t realize it at the time (Select, 80’s High School, Men’s/Coed Leagues into my 40’s, etc.), but some great benefit to riding fitness too.

Playing halfback or even reffing equates to a lot of territory covered in 90 minutes...(2) 45 min. moto’s...I mean half’s Smile , no timeouts. Also, the stress/movements of the feet/ankles/knees/hips, etc. really strengthened the lower body. Wasn’t just a cardio benefit.

Good game all around.
peltier626
3/4/2021 8:59am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2021 1:14pm
I'm really starting to get into it, I practiced with my son for about an hour last night and now my knee is swollen! I coached tikes for a couple yrs but now I leave it to the folks with knowledge of the game. Our local high school just lost the state championship a week ago. I hope my son continues with the game, he seems to love the competition and I'm loving it as in the proud parent moment.
3/5/2021 7:09am
I went to a match when I was about 11. Leicester City vs Coventry and my overwhelming memory was the noise, the tension, the police arresting...
I went to a match when I was about 11. Leicester City vs Coventry and my overwhelming memory was the noise, the tension, the police arresting people and a few thousand Coventry fans chanting "Your mums your dad, your dad's your mum, your interbred Leicester scum"

Never been back to a match but it was some atmosphere.
Where the stands terraced back then or was this after Hillsborough?
3/6/2021 1:10am
Where the stands terraced back then or was this after Hillsborough?
This was after Hillsborough by a good few years so things had changed since then.

Have to say though it still had nothing on the atmosphere at 2017 mxdn, when Anstie won both his motos in front of a home crowd and GB got on the podium. Never experienced anything like that atmosphere.
peltier626
6/2/2021 10:17am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2021 10:22am
Man U couldn't wrap it up, it sure was exciting watching Pulisic and hope this is the catalyst for soccer in the states. I sure hope the USMNT can put on some competitive performances and at least have a presence in the World Cup. I can't wait until 2026 when they visit the U.S. We will try to make an Austin FC Or Houston Dynamo game this year as my son now favors soccer over MX. Can't say i blame him! It's quite entertaining.
Nighttrain
6/2/2021 10:31am
Chelsea’s win over City for the Champions League still pains me.
Nighttrain
8/14/2021 6:42am
It’s good to see the stadium seats full of folks again. Man U thumped Leeds 5-1 in their season opener.
8/15/2021 3:05am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2021 3:06am
I always presumed you guys across the pond were never interested in “soccer”. Funnily enough me being a Brit, I don’t ever watch it. The only time I watch football is when the Euro’s & the World Cup are on. Generally I can’t stand football, way too much cheating for my liking but when it comes to major tournaments, I get into it. Wall charts up at work, chatting with the guys that are into it full time. I even go as far as watching any game that’s on. I think I prefer it because I love the atmosphere at these events. I only get to see the South American & African teams once ever 4 years so I like to watch those games. I only watched the England games this time as I felt there was no atmosphere at Euros’s this time because of what’s going on.
peltier626
8/16/2021 12:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/16/2021 12:53pm
We are about to start our recreation league and had record turnout. Over 800 entries and is the largest recreational sport in our local department. Soccer is on the rise in our area. More conscientious parents are pulling their kids out of American football to participate in Futbol.
wreckitrandy
8/17/2021 8:27pm
I never cared for the game. Know, literally nothing about the leagues. But I happened up on a YouTube video of Lionel Messi highlights.... He made a bunch of people look overwhelmed. Like the RC of soccer.
Nighttrain
5/22/2022 10:01am
Incredible final half in the last game. City scores 3 to win 3-2 and take the season title. Go City!
peltier626
5/23/2022 11:30am
Late game sub made all the difference. What a crazy five minutes.
rywexio
6/2/2022 1:03am
going to be a busy summer for man utd and chelsea! liverpool losing mane will hurt and if they want any money for salah they have to sell him this off season too

Post a reply to: Premier League

The Latest