Prayers needed

Crush
If you’re inclined that way, and feel like doing so, say a prayer for a large Aussie’s Dad.

70 years old and does everything for everyone. A bunch of volunteer stuff, Meals on wheels, community transport for sick people needing to get to sydney for chemo etc, plus local lands council looking after the heritage areas near our family home... which equals a lot of manual labor and grant writing applications etc.... successfully too, just got a shit load of money for new tennis courts, club-house and the town reservoir to be extended.

Anyways, he’s a tough old bastard who does too much and doesn’t look after himself enough. Mum just called and he’s struggling to breath, taken to hospital in an ambo. He collapsed the other day and has been pretty crook since getting a Flu shot....Ive seen him beaten down and he’s never even muttered help so him asking for an ambo is a bit scary.

He’s a bloody good bloke, a great Pa Pa to my Kids and has always been my hero, if you can please say a prayer for Paul.
|
Gworm
5/26/2019 5:52am
Done, I hope all goes well.
JAFO92
5/26/2019 6:08am
Done. Hoping for a complete recovery.
BR8ES
5/26/2019 6:12am
I am inclined to send positive vibes to a good man and to those around him. All the best, be strong.

The Shop

KMC440
5/26/2019 8:29am
Prayers sent for Paul, family and friends.
5/26/2019 8:31am
Crush wrote:
If you’re inclined that way, and feel like doing so, say a prayer for a large Aussie’s Dad. 70 years old and does everything for everyone...
If you’re inclined that way, and feel like doing so, say a prayer for a large Aussie’s Dad.

70 years old and does everything for everyone. A bunch of volunteer stuff, Meals on wheels, community transport for sick people needing to get to sydney for chemo etc, plus local lands council looking after the heritage areas near our family home... which equals a lot of manual labor and grant writing applications etc.... successfully too, just got a shit load of money for new tennis courts, club-house and the town reservoir to be extended.

Anyways, he’s a tough old bastard who does too much and doesn’t look after himself enough. Mum just called and he’s struggling to breath, taken to hospital in an ambo. He collapsed the other day and has been pretty crook since getting a Flu shot....Ive seen him beaten down and he’s never even muttered help so him asking for an ambo is a bit scary.

He’s a bloody good bloke, a great Pa Pa to my Kids and has always been my hero, if you can please say a prayer for Paul.
Will do, Crush. Sorry to hear.
Natester551v
5/26/2019 5:48pm
Done...prayers and best wishes for Paul. Sounds like an amazing human...
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
5/26/2019 6:01pm
Wishing all the best to Pa Pa and your family Crush.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
5/26/2019 6:45pm
Sounds like a great man. Our thoughts are with you and yours.
G-man
5/26/2019 6:54pm
Hope he's feeling better soon, it's a tough situation as our parents get old.

I'm here right now taking care of my dad for a week as he can barely walk.
Crush
5/29/2019 4:03am
Hey lads, just a quick update and a thank you. Dad is doing better. He was rushed in to town in the ambo, oxygen on etc... his O2 saturation levels were really low and he was getting light headed again. Anyhoo, all night on the tank, more drugs and because of a lack of beds has been sent home again.

It was determined as influenza A. Fucking hard to believe the flu can do what it does, especially after getting a shot. But there has been quite a few deaths here already this year, and at 70 when someone passes out and hits the deck and a day or so later you can barely breathe, it is scary shit.

Hopefully everyone thinks their Dad is as great as I do mine (If you do, tell him!), and if not, I hope you can try to be a great Dad one day. It has definitely made me appreciate him and Ma even more, and them their health – Mum is determined to reign their few vices in a bit and make Dad take some time to relax. He's a workaholic even though he retired over ten years ago.

Appreciate again your thoughts, I was shit scared for sure and needed some others to help him get better. Cheers and much appreciated!!!

indy_maico
5/29/2019 6:01am
Crush wrote:
Hey lads, just a quick update and a thank you. Dad is doing better. He was rushed in to town in the ambo, oxygen on etc...
Hey lads, just a quick update and a thank you. Dad is doing better. He was rushed in to town in the ambo, oxygen on etc... his O2 saturation levels were really low and he was getting light headed again. Anyhoo, all night on the tank, more drugs and because of a lack of beds has been sent home again.

It was determined as influenza A. Fucking hard to believe the flu can do what it does, especially after getting a shot. But there has been quite a few deaths here already this year, and at 70 when someone passes out and hits the deck and a day or so later you can barely breathe, it is scary shit.

Hopefully everyone thinks their Dad is as great as I do mine (If you do, tell him!), and if not, I hope you can try to be a great Dad one day. It has definitely made me appreciate him and Ma even more, and them their health – Mum is determined to reign their few vices in a bit and make Dad take some time to relax. He's a workaholic even though he retired over ten years ago.

Appreciate again your thoughts, I was shit scared for sure and needed some others to help him get better. Cheers and much appreciated!!!

Sounds like he is turning the corner on this.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Some VB ought to do the trick! Doctors' orders!
Mossy
5/29/2019 6:09am
Glad to see everything worked out. Lost my pops to a random heart attack when he was 53. Life’s unfair sometimes. Sounds like your father is a great man and also sounds like he’ll have plenty of more time with your and your grandkids.
5/29/2019 9:44am
Sorry I missed this the first time around, Crush. I just sent one up anyway. Thanks for the update. I would love to meet him one day - and you of course as well.
jeffro503
5/29/2019 10:40am
Crush , I wish you and your dad the best. I lost my pop at the end of 2005 and still to this day , miss him every day. I moved out of the big city and back to where I grew up , two houses down and spent the last 5 years with him as he was fighting cancer. Was the best thing I ever did and I spent as much time with him as I could. He was my best friend , and learned a lot from him in those last few years. So my advice to anyone , is to spend as much time as you can with your mom or dad in their later years as you can.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/29/2019 12:36pm
Glad to hear he's feeling better. I guess the flu doesn't know rule #1: don't F with a tough old Aussie!
KMC440
5/29/2019 2:14pm
Great news ... continued prayers for a full recovery.

Post a reply to: Prayers needed

The Latest