Powder ski's

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2010 10:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 8:42 PM

|

2/11/2010 5:50 AM

Crowe, have you ridden a reverse camber board? I'm curious what they're like.

|

2/11/2010 6:18 AM

Yeah, I have K2 WWW Rocker. It's a park board, and the first park board I've ever owned, so my opinion wouldn't mean dick. Once the spring sales start, I'm getting an all mountain reverse camber.. I rode a Capita Indoor Survival FK monday and tuesday and it was pretty fun.

Honestly though, until I ride one out west in some good snow, there's not much for me to comment on. I can't imagine anything I buy being better than my Never Summer SL though, so we'll see.

|

2/11/2010 6:36 AM

Yeah, I meant the all mountain type... I've never had a park board.

The Ride Slackcountry looks nice:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

2/11/2010 6:58 AM

That will be a board I demo in Utah in a couple weeks for sure.

I change my mind daily on what I want to ride though..LOL Today it's a K2 Slayblade.

|

2/11/2010 8:05 AM

crowe176 wrote:

I change my mind daily on what I want to ride though..LOL ...more

Where are you going in Utah?

|

2/11/2010 9:17 AM

I havent snowboarded in a couple years. Is a reverse camber board a board which has the toe side thinner than the heal side or vice versa? Is the boot mount just cambered?

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

2/11/2010 9:34 AM

swizcore wrote:

I havent snowboarded in a couple years. Is a reverse camber board a board which has the toe side thinner than the heal side or ...more

"Spring" from edge to edge (on hardpack):
Photo

Float in deep powder:
Photo

|

2/11/2010 9:40 AM

Super Rat wishes he had that head of hair.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

2/11/2010 10:06 AM

I kept expecting Mini P to pop in....ermm

|

2/11/2010 10:32 AM

crowe176 wrote:

noob wrote:

Staying in Park City with a friend. Probably be riding at Snowbird.

|

2/11/2010 10:44 AM

crowe176 wrote:

noob wrote:

crowe176 wrote:

Staying in Park City with a friend. Probably be riding at Snowbird.

Have you ridden Brighton? There are a couple of great powder/tree runs that usually go untouched. No hike out.

|

2/11/2010 11:05 AM

Not yet. I'll keep it in mind though. Brighton and Powder Mtn are pretty much the only two I haven't ridden yet..

|

2/11/2010 11:25 AM

crowe176 wrote:

Not yet. I'll keep it in mind though. Brighton and Powder Mtn are pretty much the only two I haven't ridden yet..

Brighton is great. Most of the jibbers stay in the park, skiers stay away because of the jibbers... leaving tree runs fresh.

|

2/11/2010 11:43 AM

swizcore wrote:

I havent snowboarded in a couple years. Is a reverse camber board a board which has the toe side thinner than the heal side or ...more

noob wrote:

"Spring" from edge to edge (on hardpack):
Photo

Float in deep powder:
Photo

That looks awesome.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

2/11/2010 2:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2010 2:35 PM

Ass wipes snowboarders stoled the rocker from skis, The spatula is the first ski I ever saw that had rocker and that was long before snow boards had rocker. I had a pair or Obsethed's this year, rockered skis, I only skied them a few times before I sold them.

|

2/11/2010 3:46 PM

crowe176 wrote:

noob wrote:

Brighton is great. Most of the jibbers stay in the park, skiers stay away because of the jibbers... leaving tree runs fresh.

Brighton is okay. We hit it every couple of years when we get tired of Snowbird.

|

2/11/2010 4:05 PM

I loved the canyon in utah, wasnt a big fan of park city. but I havent been to utah in bout 7 years

|

2/11/2010 4:15 PM

the really old Kidwells had rocker. I got a TRice 159 banana magna. Love that stick.

|

2/11/2010 4:55 PM

Canyons have started to get a bit better, layout is way better than it was 10 years ago.

HIt up Snowbasin if you want a change of pace. It is a bit out of the way, doesnt get as good snow as the Bird, but it is always empty, and the mountain is fucking huge.

First time I skiied K2 Pontoons it blew my mind, but they are useless after the morning powder is gone.

|

2/11/2010 9:16 PM

boards are different. weight points are so spread apart that there really is not a lot of difference. board sits flat with weight on it. you just roll into turns faster. little skittish on the hardpack till you get used to it. Magna traction does work on ice and chop.

|

2/12/2010 8:56 AM

zookrider62! wrote:

I loved the canyon in utah, wasnt a big fan of park city. but I havent been to utah in bout 7 years

Neither of those are a good representation of what Utah has to offer. I used to go to The Canyons when it was a 2nd rate bargain resort called "Park West." They dumped cash on it, but the snow and mountain still suck.

Maybe it's better now. I didn't know they changed the layout (like KDX said), but they're not in a good location to get good snow.

|

2/12/2010 9:27 AM

CamP wrote:

Brighton is okay. We hit it every couple of years when we get tired of Snowbird.

Brighton kicks ass when you know where to go.

I always get stuck going to Snowbird when I visit my family.

|

2/12/2010 10:31 AM

I saw some wide-ass skis last weekend down at Wolf Creek. Two side-by-side are probably as wide, if not wider, than a snowboard. I'd like to try some of these new styles. I have a set of 3 year old Rossi Bandit XX's. I used to think they were wide...not anymore!

|

2/12/2010 11:16 AM

Some of those clown skis are 140 under foot. How bad do you have to suck at skiing powder to need somthing that wide?

|

2/12/2010 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/12/2010 11:51 AM

I'm not sure it's a matter of "sucking" at powder skiing, as opposed to a new dimension of skiing "bottomless" powder. I'd like to try the different levels of "float". I tried a snowboard about 3 seasons ago, and it sat on top of the powder too much for me. I like skiing in the powder. More float, but less than a snowboard, might be fun. I don't know until I try it. Maybe the pontoon style is a decent compromise. I'm gonna demo some.

|