Political Compass Test

bronwynrayne
Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 1:07pm
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

I think some people will enjoy this, it gives good insight.
|
borg
7/30/2015 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 5:04pm
I should probably not move to the UK. There are no political parties in my square. (Lower right)

Some of the questions are poorly worded and have a false premise.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/30/2015 2:03pm
borg wrote:
I should probably not move to the UK. There are no political parties in my square. (Lower right) Some of the questions are poorly worded and...
I should probably not move to the UK. There are no political parties in my square. (Lower right)

Some of the questions are poorly worded and have a false premise.

And some of the questions didn't have an answer that reflected my view.
hvaughn88
7/30/2015 2:28pm
As lostboy stated, some of the questions didn't have answers that I agreed with. But here's mine:

The Shop

7/30/2015 2:51pm
I got put right on the left right line but just above the line being more authoritarian.Tongue
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
7/30/2015 3:46pm
i was slightly left and slightly more libertarian, and i agree that some of the questions did not provide answers that i agreed with,
Titan1
7/30/2015 4:19pm
A lot of the questions were stupid because they talked in absolutes "always", "never" etc. And that's just stupid to ask questions like that...and a lot of them didn't have any answer I liked.

But i was 5th box to the right of center, and 1 box below the middle line.
XXVoid MainXX
7/30/2015 7:30pm
There were a lot of dumb questions but I found this one particularly stupid:

No one chooses his or her country of birth, so it's foolish to be proud of it.
JW381
7/30/2015 7:37pm
There were a lot of dumb questions but I found this one particularly stupid: [i]No one chooses his or her country of birth, so it's foolish...

Just curious, what do you find stupid about that question?
XXVoid MainXX
7/30/2015 7:57pm
There were a lot of dumb questions but I found this one particularly stupid: [i]No one chooses his or her country of birth, so it's foolish...

JW381 wrote:
What does the first part have to do with the second part?
JW381
7/30/2015 8:25pm

JW381 wrote:
Its gauging your views on nationalism. In that sense, they are related to each other.
borg
7/30/2015 8:25pm

JW381 wrote:
Yeah it's like "do you ride a bike or take your lunch?"
kongols
7/30/2015 8:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 8:30pm
This is what I got.

JW381
7/30/2015 8:35pm
JW381 wrote:
borg wrote:
I disagree, I guess I'm not sure what you guys aren't getting about the statement.
bsm121
7/30/2015 8:38pm
I'm purple...but I already knew that.
XXVoid MainXX
7/30/2015 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2015 9:46pm
borg wrote:
JW381 wrote:
I disagree, I guess I'm not sure what you guys aren't getting about the statement.
Being born in a country has no bearing on what you think of the country. My great grandparents immigrated to the United States from Germany. They weren't born here in the US but they were "extremely" proud of this country. I could move to Sweden and become a citizen and be proud of Sweden. What does being born in the country have anything to do with being proud of it? Pretty sure Arnold Schwarzenegger is proud of America. He wasn't born here. The way I read the statement it's saying I can't be proud of America because I didn't choose to be born in it. That makes no sense. If that's not what was meant then the statement should have been worded more clearly (along with several other statements).
JW381
7/30/2015 10:12pm
borg wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Being born in a country has no bearing on what you think of the country. My great grandparents immigrated to the United States from Germany. They...
Being born in a country has no bearing on what you think of the country. My great grandparents immigrated to the United States from Germany. They weren't born here in the US but they were "extremely" proud of this country. I could move to Sweden and become a citizen and be proud of Sweden. What does being born in the country have anything to do with being proud of it? Pretty sure Arnold Schwarzenegger is proud of America. He wasn't born here. The way I read the statement it's saying I can't be proud of America because I didn't choose to be born in it. That makes no sense. If that's not what was meant then the statement should have been worded more clearly (along with several other statements).
I think the question was pointed the way it was for a reason. It was an attempt to quantify your views on nationalism. Believe it or not, some people don't subscribe to nationalist ideology. The different circumstances you described fit within the available answers to the question, in my opinion.
JW381
7/30/2015 10:21pm

I read it as "You are foolish to be proud of your country based solely on the fact that you are born there."
bronwynrayne
7/30/2015 10:25pm
JW381 wrote:
I read it as "You are foolish to be proud of your country based solely on the fact that you are born there."
This was supposed to be posted from my account...
#vitaldatingprobs
XXVoid MainXX
7/31/2015 7:33am

JW381 wrote:
If that is what was meant by the question then you would be foolish not to agree with it. Smile However, I'm not sure what that says about me and where I fit on the chart at the end. I would *think* they would be more interested in whether I am proud of my country or not proud of my country, or if I believe it is foolish to be proud or not proud of a country, which is a very much different question than what you have in your quote. I assume that is what they were really after, but it was ruined with a very bad question (as were many of the questions).
JW381
7/31/2015 8:19am

JW381 wrote:
If that is what was meant by the question then you would be foolish not to agree with it. :) However, I'm not sure what that...
If that is what was meant by the question then you would be foolish not to agree with it. Smile However, I'm not sure what that says about me and where I fit on the chart at the end. I would *think* they would be more interested in whether I am proud of my country or not proud of my country, or if I believe it is foolish to be proud or not proud of a country, which is a very much different question than what you have in your quote. I assume that is what they were really after, but it was ruined with a very bad question (as were many of the questions).
That was Bronwyn, see above post. Sometimes we forget who is logged in.
XXVoid MainXX
7/31/2015 8:25am
I'm confused. Split personality? Smile Also, I have to know, what is "#vitaldatingprobes"? Sounds painful. Smile
h&m_cycle
7/31/2015 8:29am
There should be undecided on a couple or I don't fucking know...
JW381
7/31/2015 8:31am
I'm confused. Split personality? Smile Also, I have to know, what is "#vitaldatingprobes"? Sounds painful. Smile
Only painful if you fight it
7/31/2015 10:08am

JW381 wrote:
Not really a stupid question, some will have a sense of pride as result of where they were born, others will believe you can't be proud of a choice you didn't make.
Prntscrn
7/31/2015 11:21am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 11:24am
kongols wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/30/99353/s1200_chart.jpg[/img]

You and me it seems Wink

Post a reply to: Political Compass Test

The Latest