Please explain this then>>>>>

hard2kill
1/15/2018 8:34am
I'm religious because I require good evidence? Do you understand the meaning of religion? I am the exact opposite of religious. Religion requires no proof and acts solely on faith. Again wrong perspective.

Nearly every religion is based on an abundance of "proof". At least most religions recognize that they ultimately have to have faith in their "proof". This is why I would say you are the most religious person here. Do you not see how much faith you place in your "good evidence" and "proof"?

Now I do think that you are very logical most of the time, and I actually agree with you on many of your viewpoints. But at the end of the day nobody can "prove" anything and if you are truly open minded there is "good evidence" for almost anything anybody wants to present. Now that certainly does not mean that anything can be true for anybody as some people now believe, but what this is beginning to highlight is each person's need for faith in order to come to any conclusion.

As Science has continued to rapidly "progress" the Age of Reason has come to an end. Thus, enter “The Post Modern World,”. These ideas largely began in the late 1800s and early 1900s with the Industrial Revolution. There was an explosion of inventions and an explosion of solutions to questions. However, as multiple solutions for the same questions were being brought forth and multiple answers( which were diametrically opposing) for the same question could be reasoned out, the implications were clear. Perhaps we don't know everything. Perhaps some of the previous conclusions we came to are in fact wrong, but how can we know which answer is now correct for a particular question? Rather than face the reality that our sought knowledge does not stand on a firm foundation, the world has now come to the conclusion that not only do we know everything thru reason, but all of our reasoning is also relative. “Truth” is even now relative, which just highlights how bad the world's thinking has become. With the invention of radio, the TV and most recently the internet these ideas have began to really spread throughout society. Not only is “truth” now perceived as relative, but even things such as “gender” have become relative, and even more recent reality itself is now becoming relative to many.
TXDirt
1/15/2018 8:35am
Changing my view? Maybe you missed the part about my view used to be the same as many of yours and my view HAS changed to...
Changing my view? Maybe you missed the part about my view used to be the same as many of yours and my view HAS changed to where it is now? I kept an open mind back when I was younger (and it's very open now) and getting sucked into the UFOlogy stuff. By keeping an open mind and researching all sides over many years, I am able to apply logic to all of the data individually and as a whole and form a very solid opinion. You know, science.

I'm religious because I require good evidence? Do you understand the meaning of religion? I am the exact opposite of religious. Religion requires no proof and acts solely on faith.

I do understand why some of you (not you specifically) get angry by my comments. I remember when my buddies first told me there wasn't a Santa Claus. I told them they were wrong and wanted to beat their ass for even suggesting such a thing. But looking back on it now I am pretty sure I would have figured it out as I gained a better understanding of science and physics.

https://sploid.gizmodo.com/can-santa-claus-exist-a-scientific-debate-16…

1 No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.

2 There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn't (appear to) handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census)rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes there's at least one good child in each.

3 Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west(which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding etc.

4 This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man- made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.

5 The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see point #1) could pull TEN TIMES the normal anoint, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh - to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison - this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth.

6 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake.The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim)would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.

In conclusion — If Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now.
Your post had me cracking up. Well done!Grinning

One presumes there's at least one good child in each.
XXVoid MainXX
1/15/2018 8:45am
hard2kill wrote:
[i]I'm religious because I require good evidence? Do you understand the meaning of religion? I am the exact opposite of religious. Religion requires no proof and...
I'm religious because I require good evidence? Do you understand the meaning of religion? I am the exact opposite of religious. Religion requires no proof and acts solely on faith. Again wrong perspective.

Nearly every religion is based on an abundance of "proof". At least most religions recognize that they ultimately have to have faith in their "proof". This is why I would say you are the most religious person here. Do you not see how much faith you place in your "good evidence" and "proof"?

Now I do think that you are very logical most of the time, and I actually agree with you on many of your viewpoints. But at the end of the day nobody can "prove" anything and if you are truly open minded there is "good evidence" for almost anything anybody wants to present. Now that certainly does not mean that anything can be true for anybody as some people now believe, but what this is beginning to highlight is each person's need for faith in order to come to any conclusion.

As Science has continued to rapidly "progress" the Age of Reason has come to an end. Thus, enter “The Post Modern World,”. These ideas largely began in the late 1800s and early 1900s with the Industrial Revolution. There was an explosion of inventions and an explosion of solutions to questions. However, as multiple solutions for the same questions were being brought forth and multiple answers( which were diametrically opposing) for the same question could be reasoned out, the implications were clear. Perhaps we don't know everything. Perhaps some of the previous conclusions we came to are in fact wrong, but how can we know which answer is now correct for a particular question? Rather than face the reality that our sought knowledge does not stand on a firm foundation, the world has now come to the conclusion that not only do we know everything thru reason, but all of our reasoning is also relative. “Truth” is even now relative, which just highlights how bad the world's thinking has become. With the invention of radio, the TV and most recently the internet these ideas have began to really spread throughout society. Not only is “truth” now perceived as relative, but even things such as “gender” have become relative, and even more recent reality itself is now becoming relative to many.
It all boils down to this one comment. "Show me your evidence." If you point me to the stack of blocks in Egypt as your evidence that intelligent alien life has visited Earth, well, I guess there's really no point in discussing it any further.

The Shop

XXVoid MainXX
1/15/2018 8:55am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 8:56am
Also, you do realize it is MUCH harder to prove that something "didn't" happen than it is to prove that something "did" happen. To prove that something "does" happen, in this case all you have to do is show convincing evidence of it (alien visitation) happening. I've seen nothing that convinces me to this point. Again, I do believe that life most likely exists beyond our planet, we've just not found any evidence of it, not even on a microbial scale... yet. I do believe that when we do finally find that evidence it will be convincing beyond the shadow of a doubt. I don't have much hope that it will happen in my lifetime however as my lifetime on the time scale of the Universe is infinitesimal.
gabrielito
1/15/2018 8:57am
Changing my view? Maybe you missed the part about my view used to be the same as many of yours and my view HAS changed to...
Changing my view? Maybe you missed the part about my view used to be the same as many of yours and my view HAS changed to where it is now? I kept an open mind back when I was younger (and it's very open now) and getting sucked into the UFOlogy stuff. By keeping an open mind and researching all sides over many years, I am able to apply logic to all of the data individually and as a whole and form a very solid opinion. You know, science.

I'm religious because I require good evidence? Do you understand the meaning of religion? I am the exact opposite of religious. Religion requires no proof and acts solely on faith.

I do understand why some of you (not you specifically) get angry by my comments. I remember when my buddies first told me there wasn't a Santa Claus. I told them they were wrong and wanted to beat their ass for even suggesting such a thing. But looking back on it now I am pretty sure I would have figured it out as I gained a better understanding of science and physics.

1 No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.

2 There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn't (appear to) handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census)rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes there's at least one good child in each.

3 Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west(which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding etc.

4 This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man- made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.

5 The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see point #1) could pull TEN TIMES the normal anoint, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh - to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison - this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth.

6 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake.The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim)would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.

In conclusion — If Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now.
gabrielito
1/15/2018 9:06am
TXDirt wrote:
Eye witness accounts can be flawed and everyone knows this. They are used in legal cases obviously but humans make mistakes and that’s why eye witness...
Eye witness accounts can be flawed and everyone knows this. They are used in legal cases obviously but humans make mistakes and that’s why eye witness accounts is considered weak evidence. Let’s say there is no other evidence, and solely an eyewitness account, a prosecutor will likely not try the case. You will need other evidence to go along with it. You can’t just simply say you saw someone doing something and that’s enough to prosecute someone. That would be very dangerous to do that.

DNA is about as close to scientific proof as we have and lots of cases are solved that way.

You can go watch cold case files on TV and there are plenty of examples of someone convicted on an eye witness account and then years later they test the DNA and turns out the person didn’t do the crime.

That’s why eye witness accounts are not always credible. Human memory can be skewed. What you thought you see may not be really what you saw.
gabrielito wrote:
Okay but that isn't what I was talking about. Of course a single eye witness account isn't that strong. If twelve people say they saw the...
Okay but that isn't what I was talking about. Of course a single eye witness account isn't that strong. If twelve people say they saw the same thing then you might want to take it seriously. The point i was trying to make is that scientific proof isn't the only way we come to conclusions on things.
TXDirt wrote:
Well that is exactly what you were talking about because that’s what you said. You want to give credence to “eye witness” accounts. That’s very weak...
Well that is exactly what you were talking about because that’s what you said. You want to give credence to “eye witness” accounts. That’s very weak in the scientific and legal communities.

Multiple eye witness accounts in some cases can be even less credible. To use your example, that’s 12 people, 12 different perspectives. 12 different memories. 12 different recollections of a likely traumatic event. You are not talking about 12 people memorizing a phone number.

Just look at recent events. One person says the police officer fired shots within his police car. Another eyewitness says officer didn’t fire till out of his patrol car.

That’s two different people seeing the exact same event, but recalling what they saw far differently.

So in that case the eye witness accounts are worthless. We can go to “other evidence”. Shell casings were found in the patrol car. So the logical answer is the police office fired within his patrol car. This relates to a specific case I’m sure you are familiar with so that’s s good example.
nope, still not what I was talking about, but to your point, eye witness accounts vary on the credibility of the witness. If you witnessed something yourself you will lend more credence to it than if a random stranger witnessed it. So to take the court of law analogy if the judge had also witnessed the crime and it corroborated ALL the other evidence then I think the judge would have an easy verdict to render.
OldPro277
1/15/2018 9:06am
Well---- Void, although you and I seem to be on the same wavelength when it comes to reading/listening/watching/researching of data and info, and also like you, I was researching and studying all this WELL before the internet,when you actually had to put some effort into it. However,we've come to vastly different conclusions. While you have a leg up with your USAF career(and I commend u for your service) I have had the opportunity to sit with and have many,many hours "off the record" bullshit session with multiple people that have researched this even more than you or I. I'm talking about people that are as knowledgeable,credible and as well-known as Tyson and then some.

I'm as much as a 'science' guy as you. I don't fall prey to what I "want" to believe. Yes, there are many of those,but probably just as many 'hard core debunkers' as there are 'hard core believers' that won't listen to the other sides arguments .

So being the science guy that you are,and only agree with real scientists point of view, I'm sure you know of Stanton Friedman. This man is a "scientist" by the strictest of definitions. Nuclear Physicist ,worked at Westinghouse,AeroJet, McDonnell Douglas and more,where he worked on advanced, classified programs on nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and compact nuclear power plants for space applications.He's been affiliated with the American Nuclear Society, the American Physical Society, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, and AFTRA. Also, a published author of approx 20 books. Point of all this is that I think we all can agree that this guy would be considered a full blown scientist. But even he ,as a "real" scientist can admit that science is NOT INFALLIBLE.If you haven't read his 2010 book,pick it up and take a few hours. Interesting stuff. Yes, he was one of the guys I had an in-depth discussion with during a 3 hour dinner a couple years back,and although hes not as young and pretty like Neil DeGrasse Tyson,lol, he's certainly a credible source of science-backed logic.

XXVoid MainXX
1/15/2018 9:28am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 9:40am
If what you say is true OldPro then it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with a single piece of physical evidence of intelligent alien origin that can be examined and analyzed by the rest of the world no? It doesn't even have to be very big. The size of an "ash tray" would be perfectly acceptable. Show me the money. He said she said isn't enough. I already said that if Neil DeGrasse Tyson himself came out and said he was visited by aliens it wouldn't change my opinion in the least. Not without some form of physical evidence to offer as proof. By the way, every field has a few oddballs in it. Why hasn't Mr Friedman convinced the rest of the scientific community?
Firefly47
1/15/2018 9:41am
A few Nostradumbasses posting here.
All anyone needs to know is this.
We are born.
We die.
Everything between those 2 events is up for us to decide.
Live long and prosper you bunch of jackals!
hard2kill
1/15/2018 9:53am
Void you hold a firm belief in many things which have no "physical evidence to offer as proof." Do you realize that?
Further why do you hold physical evidence up so high? I am not saying that you should't just trying to highlight your worldview.

Additionally I am not suggesting Alien intervention nor do i think Oldpro is, but for some reason you keep going back to that. In fact i would bet that you would sooner accept evidence for Alien's as proof than I would. As you have said, that you are very open to the idea. Where as even if I had "good physical evidence" and had experienced an eyewitness encounter with alien's i would likely still presume it to be just a Great Deception.
XXVoid MainXX
1/15/2018 9:56am

gabrielito wrote:
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/36/48/75/364875015cc487bcf28a36ed39092fde--st-nicholas-day-san-nicola.jpg[/img]
Right, and at the time my buddies told me he didn't exist, he really didn't exist. He was long turned back to dust.
XXVoid MainXX
1/15/2018 10:05am
hard2kill wrote:
Void you hold a firm belief in many things which have no "physical evidence to offer as proof." Do you realize that? Further why do you...
Void you hold a firm belief in many things which have no "physical evidence to offer as proof." Do you realize that?
Further why do you hold physical evidence up so high? I am not saying that you should't just trying to highlight your worldview.

Additionally I am not suggesting Alien intervention nor do i think Oldpro is, but for some reason you keep going back to that. In fact i would bet that you would sooner accept evidence for Alien's as proof than I would. As you have said, that you are very open to the idea. Where as even if I had "good physical evidence" and had experienced an eyewitness encounter with alien's i would likely still presume it to be just a Great Deception.
The reason I keep coming back to it is because that's the original subject of this thread. Look at the first post. I am keeping the thread on topic. G man asked for an explanation of how the pyramids were built. Several explanations were offered, aliens being one of them. I am debating the viability of that particular explanation. The bottom line is, when the scientific community has received enough evidence that a majority of them can conclude that intelligent beings from somewhere other than Earth helped to build the pyramids, then I will also be convinced. Until then find more evidence.
OldPro277
1/15/2018 10:18am
Yes,I remember you saying that about Tyson,and I also expected your 'oddball' comment,lol. This dude is as probably as anti-oddball as you can get for a Physicist.( There is always a little bit of oddness to most guys with this intellectual capacity Ive found) I was just trying to show that there are real scientists out there that have a much more open mind than the 'mainstream' tow-the -line typical white coater. Obviously, Mr. Friedman is not the only scientist with those views, just one I picked out because of my familiarity with him and his research.
Also, there are many,many trace evidence cases that I could list that are unexplained by modern science. I understand being "unexplained" doesn't necessarily make it extraterrestrial, but they certainly raise a ton of questions .
XXVoid MainXX
1/15/2018 10:36am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 10:37am
When I used the term odd (oddball), I meant that he truly is odd in the fact that he has differing views from the rest of the scientific community. A lot of great scientists were oddballs. At one time most scientists believed the earth was flat except for that one oddball. Wink Eventually though, that oddball was able to provide enough proof to sway the rest of the scientific community. So far Mr Friedman hasn't done that.
hard2kill
1/15/2018 10:46am
hard2kill wrote:
Void you hold a firm belief in many things which have no "physical evidence to offer as proof." Do you realize that? Further why do you...

The reason I keep coming back to it is because that's the original subject of this thread. Look at the first post. I am keeping the...
The reason I keep coming back to it is because that's the original subject of this thread. Look at the first post. I am keeping the thread on topic. G man asked for an explanation of how the pyramids were built. Several explanations were offered, aliens being one of them. I am debating the viability of that particular explanation. The bottom line is, when the scientific community has received enough evidence that a majority of them can conclude that intelligent beings from somewhere other than Earth helped to build the pyramids, then I will also be convinced. Until then find more evidence.
The bottom line is, when the scientific community There you go Void do you see it now? Your source for truth is the scientific community.
A community which has continued to be wrong all throughout history, and is constantly having to rewrite their interpretation of evidence to come to a "truth conclusion". Now don't get me wrong I am all for Science, but as Oldpro pointed out it is NOT INFALLIBLE, and I would say that when we try to apply reason Science has never even proven itself, if anything it has shown that with enough time and evidence it is seemingly always wrong. Yet this is where you have decided to draw your line in the sand.
XXVoid MainXX
1/15/2018 10:52am
Absolutely. As I just mentioned in the previous post most scientists thought the Earth was flat, except for one oddball. Eventually that oddball provided enough evidence to sway the rest of the community. As soon as you oddballs do the same then I'll be on board. So, please come up with some more evidence.
hard2kill
1/15/2018 11:24am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 11:26am
"Eventually that oddball provided enough evidence to sway the rest of the community. As soon as you oddballs do the same then I'll be on board. So, please come up with some more evidence."

No thanks I am not interested in a community that can be swayed any which way simply by providing "more evidence". I will stand on Truth's which I hold self evident and never changing.
XXVoid MainXX
1/15/2018 11:25am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 11:26am
Ha ha ha... Oh my God that was funny. Smile Thanks for making my day, or maybe even week. Smile With that, I'll step out of this conversation. It was fun, but I stayed in it WAY longer than I should have. Smile
OldPro277
1/15/2018 11:55am
Just ran across this interesting and relevant article about the recent F-18 videos. It even mentions Bigelow: http://www.businessinsider.com/pentagon-ufo-alien-research-program-footage-nytimes-2017-12
Just ran across this interesting and relevant article about the recent F-18 videos. It even mentions Bigelow:

http://www.businessinsider.com/pentagon-ufo-alien-research-program-foot…
Yep, read that a couple weeks back. Good article, also gives a slight glimpse of some of the programs going on that the general public isn't even aware of.

Seth Shostak----hmmm where do I start. Short version-- smart dude, fairly likable,good media presence ,but bottom line, even ,if he "thinks" or "knows" that ET's have visited,then there would be no reason for SETI and he'd be out of his cushy job. So of course he's all about his gig, and tows the line as any of us would probably do.

There are quite a few trace evidence cases that I can post,but I'm sure you know of them as well.
Many odd-ball scientists over the years that have proven to be correct,(as you pointed out ,there were more than a few) weren't always proven correct during their lifetime,nor did they themselves provide all the evidence to do so.

The fact you spent so many years in the Air Force, what's your feelings on all the AF/Navy/NASA pilots that claim to have seen what they feel are crafts not of this earth? Yes ,eyewitness accounts are sketchy at best, but these are trained observers and should be a few notches above John Q Public on the credibility scale. Plus there are SO many of them.
gabrielito
1/15/2018 12:13pm
When I used the term odd (oddball), I meant that he truly is odd in the fact that he has differing views from the rest of...
When I used the term odd (oddball), I meant that he truly is odd in the fact that he has differing views from the rest of the scientific community. A lot of great scientists were oddballs. At one time most scientists believed the earth was flat except for that one oddball. Wink Eventually though, that oddball was able to provide enough proof to sway the rest of the scientific community. So far Mr Friedman hasn't done that.
As far as western Europe is concerned there wasn't an odd ball that proved it. There was a crew of a boat that said they did it and seemed credible so people believed them.
G-man
1/16/2018 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 10:49pm
Okay boys and girls This Thread got derailed a few times while I was busy over the weekend riding.

Our winter in Arizona lasted about five days--BRUTAL!
Had to go back out it was 76 degrees beautiful weather.

You can't even see the bottom of this hill as it turns and gets real steep. E-ticket Ride!

Anyway while we're out exploring the awesome Sonoran Desert and checking out some bunkers that people actually lived in. The amazing part about it is this is really out in the middle of BFE on a hill that is very hard to get to.

These pioneers somehow brought material to build this crude hideout

And well it's pale and a drop in a huge bucket compared to the Great Pyramid it's mass and Precision, it really makes you appreciate what they went through.

And that was only 80 years ago, not 4000 years!

Not sure if anybody in this thread has been to the Great Pyramids.
I know I have not, but the closest thing I could compare it to is Chitzen Itza which the Mayans built and I climbed up that and while it also was crude, it was pretty incredible.

And that too pales in comparison to the Great Pyramid. So where am I going and all this?

Well seeing how this is a Motocross forum you know how when you watch Glen Helen and you see the huge uphills and downhills on TV?
Until you have seen it in person you truly cannot appreciate the steepness and how gnarly and dangerous it really is!

I can only imagine the Great Pyramid would be the same effect ×1000 by seeing it in person. I would think it would be the most amazing thing you had ever seen!

And to think it's no big deal ( just a pile of rocks) and could be built with such precision in primitive time 4000 years ago with no assistance from what or who is naive in my opinion.

And that is my opinion and I will stick to it.

Carry on..... Smile
G-man
1/16/2018 8:36pm
No I need to get ready for bed I have to work in the morning. Sad

I'm not fortunate enough to work from home void, and be able to spend hours on the web researching stuff.

Maybe on the weekend but this is prime time for riding-- Dirt or Street so I'll check it out when I can.
XXVoid MainXX
1/16/2018 8:48pm
It was 0 here this morning, better temp for researching than riding. Wink
hard2kill
1/17/2018 8:45am
G-man wrote:
Okay boys and girls This Thread got derailed a few times while I was busy over the weekend riding. Our winter in Arizona lasted about five...
Okay boys and girls This Thread got derailed a few times while I was busy over the weekend riding.

Our winter in Arizona lasted about five days--BRUTAL!
Had to go back out it was 76 degrees beautiful weather.

You can't even see the bottom of this hill as it turns and gets real steep. E-ticket Ride!

Anyway while we're out exploring the awesome Sonoran Desert and checking out some bunkers that people actually lived in. The amazing part about it is this is really out in the middle of BFE on a hill that is very hard to get to.

These pioneers somehow brought material to build this crude hideout

And well it's pale and a drop in a huge bucket compared to the Great Pyramid it's mass and Precision, it really makes you appreciate what they went through.

And that was only 80 years ago, not 4000 years!

Not sure if anybody in this thread has been to the Great Pyramids.
I know I have not, but the closest thing I could compare it to is Chitzen Itza which the Mayans built and I climbed up that and while it also was crude, it was pretty incredible.

And that too pales in comparison to the Great Pyramid. So where am I going and all this?

Well seeing how this is a Motocross forum you know how when you watch Glen Helen and you see the huge uphills and downhills on TV?
Until you have seen it in person you truly cannot appreciate the steepness and how gnarly and dangerous it really is!

I can only imagine the Great Pyramid would be the same effect ×1000 by seeing it in person. I would think it would be the most amazing thing you had ever seen!

And to think it's no big deal ( just a pile of rocks) and could be built with such precision in primitive time 4000 years ago with no assistance from what or who is naive in my opinion.

And that is my opinion and I will stick to it.

Carry on..... Smile
"And to think it's no big deal ( just a pile of rocks)"

Yep this is the perception that most of the general public has about these structures. While most people think they are pretty cool they still just think it is a big pile of rocks. When you begin to study these things it becomes quite evident that there is much more to it than that. I also find it odd that we never study these things with any kind of detail in school. It is almost as if the academic world has a "don't look over there" attitude about them, perhaps because they are difficult to explain when buying into the accepted models of evolution, advancement, ect?

Post a reply to: Please explain this then>>>>>

The Latest