Please! I need help connecting to Xbox live thru internet shsring

flatout111
I really need some help from some tech savy guys here on Vital. I'm the exact opposite so I'd appreciate idiot proof instructions. I've googled it but results are a bit vague.

My situation. No high speed in area. A few years back I got a USB aircard thru alltel which was then bought by Verizon. This was back in day when they had unlimited/uncapped plans. I know they have unlimited for phones now but I'm talking for pc.

This plan is grandfathered in. My aircard is Verizon UM175. Though it is old technology, it works good because it's unlimited and I have it connected to an older Vista Dell desktop by a window which is hooked to tv thru HDMI.

It's not fast but I usually have no issue watching YouTube, Netflix, MX or SX practices. Or surfing. New technology would have a gb cap so I keep old card.

My issue is that it will not connect to my Xbox One X whatsoever and since it isn't wireless the Xbox doesn't recognize it. But if I get a mifi I would have gb cap and one update for a game would kill entire months usage.

I've heard you can do internet sharing. That if you're PC is connected to internet that you can attach an Ethernet from PC to One X and share that Verizon um175 connection so I can at least do updates and dlc without having to drag Xbox to buddy's house.

Is this possible and can someone gently walk me thru the steps?

Thanks for any help!!
|
flatout111
5/1/2018 6:18am
I've actually tried this but honestly the instructions don't match up with what's on my PC regarding sharing. Maybe because they are talking Ethernet to Ethernet whereas my situation is USB to Ethernet.
greenmx5
5/1/2018 7:37am
flatout111 wrote:
I've actually tried this but honestly the instructions don't match up with what's on my PC regarding sharing. Maybe because they are talking Ethernet to Ethernet...
I've actually tried this but honestly the instructions don't match up with what's on my PC regarding sharing. Maybe because they are talking Ethernet to Ethernet whereas my situation is USB to Ethernet.
They make a USB to Ethernet adapter. Would this solve your problem? If your PC has internet through the USB aircard, you should be able to use an ethernet cable in the ethernet port of the PC and have it go straight into the ethernet jack on the Xbox.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-1000-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B0…

The Shop

flatout111
5/1/2018 7:50am
I have internet thru the aircard. I would think I could go Ethernet from.pc to Ethernet jack of Xbox one x and it work but I evidently don't have the file sharing settings right. The instructions online as well as ones you sent me won't really match up with what I'm seeing and it's not working. Hoping it's even possible. It's not fast but it would get the job done I think.
chaseodc
5/1/2018 9:55am
You're trying to accomplish what's called a "Bridged connection". What version of Windows you rockin?
flatout111
5/1/2018 10:14am
I know I will catch crap for this. Lol. Vista. It was my mom's PC before she passed. It works fine with the old Verizon um175 aircard so kinda scared to change computers. I'm screwed if this aircard dies because everything now has gb caps as far as mifi units, etc.
flatout111
5/1/2018 10:28am
Thanks. I'll try it. Question. So once in network connections he holds control and clicks WiFi and Ethernet but I would hold control and click vzaccess (which is aircard) and Ethernet to create bridge and have Ethernet cable from PC to xbox? Is that right?

Do I need to alter Network settings on One X?
chaseodc
5/1/2018 10:48am
You got it, as far as Xbox goes should just run setup for wired connection.
flatout111
5/1/2018 11:01am
chaseodc wrote:
You got it, as far as Xbox goes should just run setup for wired connection.
Ok man. I'll try it tonight. Thanks for everyone's help.
Donovan759
5/1/2018 11:25am
Wish I could help flatout. I don't know a ton about this stuff. Looks like chaseodc & greenmx5 are well on their way to getting you the solutions you need. Here's to hoping we'll be racing head to head in the future.
flatout111
5/3/2018 6:33am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 6:33am
Update. Even though I can stream Netflix and practices ok, the um175 is still recognized as dial up. Thus bridging is impossible to dial up. No go. Sharing seemed to sorta work once put in a manual dns but when I tried a small download it was impossibly slow to the point it's not even worth it.

I can use tethering to my boost Mobile phone and use as hotspot but signal is low where I'm at so again, barely moves even on small updates or downloads.

I'm paying 80 a month for this aircard and it's worth it as it's grandfathered unlimited and allows me to watch Netflix, YouTube, practices but no go on Xbox.

I did have a Verizon mifi that allowed me to do updates but it was 50 a month for 5gb so one update wipes the whole month. Plus don't wanna pay 130 fir 2 internet sources with the xhox one being so capped.

Frustrated.

Post a reply to: Please! I need help connecting to Xbox live thru internet shsring

The Latest