PlayStation 5

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/15/2020 4:31pm
Did you manage to get one in the end?
Not yet. Still waiting for EB Games to release some more. Once I get the email, I won't do anything all morning until there's one in the cart and paid.
Sunhouse
10/23/2020 6:31pm
Did you manage to get one in the end?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not yet. Still waiting for EB Games to release some more. Once I get the email, I won't do anything all morning until there's one in...
Not yet. Still waiting for EB Games to release some more. Once I get the email, I won't do anything all morning until there's one in the cart and paid.
Please don´t fall into the pre-order trap again Mav. I´m sure there will be plenty of PS5´s within Jan, and then people who pre-ordered will have to wait until June for theirs. Pinch
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
10/23/2020 8:05pm
I didn't even try but now I'm very jealous. Awesome Maverick!

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/23/2020 8:16pm
FLmxer wrote:
I didn't even try but now I'm very jealous. Awesome Maverick!
That's not mine (I wish). Just showing what the PS5 packaging looks like. The pictures are from Gamespot. Probably should've mentioned that. Oops!

I haven't been able to snag one just yet, so in the meantime I'll continue doing research on TV's.
T-Fish
Fantasy
199th
10/24/2020 6:43am
Don’t feel bad. I’ve tried to snag one EVERY SINGLE DAY and haven’t had any luck at all.

So what did ever happen with the RDR2 thing for you anyways? I saw your comment on the previous page and I’m curious.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/24/2020 7:39am
T-Fish wrote:
Don’t feel bad. I’ve tried to snag one EVERY SINGLE DAY and haven’t had any luck at all. So what did ever happen with the RDR2...
Don’t feel bad. I’ve tried to snag one EVERY SINGLE DAY and haven’t had any luck at all.

So what did ever happen with the RDR2 thing for you anyways? I saw your comment on the previous page and I’m curious.
RDR2:

-A bunch of fucking around trying to resolve the problem with the shipping company.
-Then more fucking around with Rockstar (kept getting the same email explaining what to do).
-Did what they asked only to not receive any additional information or receive the same email I had previously received (what to do).
-Rockstar then told me that it longer than the estimated number of days to receive the game and that they were now going to issue me a refund in 5 to 7 days.
-Rockstar then said that if I still wanted the game to submit a new order (the edition I wanted was sold out)
-Said fuck it and bought a regular copy at Gamestop.

Waste of time.

That said, I did finish the game and it was awesome. I never played online, so I probably should give that a try sometime, lol.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
10/24/2020 8:38am
I have notifications set up for when the consoles come in stock at retailers. I narrowly missed out on an Xbox Series X when they came back in stock last week (I plan on buying both consoles).

I've come to accept that I probably won't get either until some time in December. It'll probably end up being a Christmas present to myself. In the meantime, I've set up the ol' PS2 on a spare monitor I have to replay some classics.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/24/2020 9:22am
^^^ I still think the PS2 is one of the best consoles to ever been made. Had a lot of fun times on that thing.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
10/24/2020 11:02am
I think I have not been that worried about getting one so quickly because I have 3 big games still left to play before I move on to the next console.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
10/24/2020 11:10am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
^^^ I still think the PS2 is one of the best consoles to ever been made. Had a lot of fun times on that thing.
My top four consoles I've owned (in no particular order) are: PS2, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64, and the Nintendo Gamecube. Mostly because those were the consoles I primarily played from the time I was a little kid until early teenage years. Newer generation consoles are great, but they'll never be able to match the experiences I had on the four I listed.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/24/2020 2:45pm
GD2 wrote:
My top four consoles I've owned (in no particular order) are: PS2, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64, and the Nintendo Gamecube. Mostly because those were the consoles...
My top four consoles I've owned (in no particular order) are: PS2, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64, and the Nintendo Gamecube. Mostly because those were the consoles I primarily played from the time I was a little kid until early teenage years. Newer generation consoles are great, but they'll never be able to match the experiences I had on the four I listed.
The N64 was the shit. Loved that console. Split screen GoldenEye 007 and Mario Kart was all I needed, lol.

As far as the new generation console never replacing the older one's experience, I agree. There's something about playing with your buddies sitting in the same room and shit talking that makes it a whole lot funner. Start getting beat? Slap the other guy's controller out of his hands, lol.
mx617
10/24/2020 7:36pm
GD2 wrote:
My top four consoles I've owned (in no particular order) are: PS2, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64, and the Nintendo Gamecube. Mostly because those were the consoles...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The N64 was the shit. Loved that console. Split screen GoldenEye 007 and Mario Kart was all I needed, lol. As far as the new generation...
The N64 was the shit. Loved that console. Split screen GoldenEye 007 and Mario Kart was all I needed, lol.

As far as the new generation console never replacing the older one's experience, I agree. There's something about playing with your buddies sitting in the same room and shit talking that makes it a whole lot funner. Start getting beat? Slap the other guy's controller out of his hands, lol.
I find the newer ones are so focused on looking cool and being big that they just aren't quite as much fun. Like there's more to it than having an 8 bajillion pixel count and dynamic lighting whatever.
motoman617
10/25/2020 12:20am
I’ve got the PS5 disc edition ordered from Best Buy and the Xbox Series X coming from Microsoft. I ordered the day they were available to order. So far no word from either one so I hope there are no last minute cancellations.
I just picked up my new TV on Wednesday so the gaming room is all setup and ready to go.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/25/2020 12:25am
motoman617 wrote:
I’ve got the PS5 disc edition ordered from Best Buy and the Xbox Series X coming from Microsoft. I ordered the day they were available to...
I’ve got the PS5 disc edition ordered from Best Buy and the Xbox Series X coming from Microsoft. I ordered the day they were available to order. So far no word from either one so I hope there are no last minute cancellations.
I just picked up my new TV on Wednesday so the gaming room is all setup and ready to go.
Which TV did you get?
motoman617
10/25/2020 9:59am
motoman617 wrote:
I’ve got the PS5 disc edition ordered from Best Buy and the Xbox Series X coming from Microsoft. I ordered the day they were available to...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Which TV did you get?
I got a 55” LG CX OLED set.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/video-gaming

Fantastic picture and has all the bells and whistles for gaming.
10/25/2020 1:41pm
My son see a video where GTA 5 loads in 5 seconds on the PS5 & RDR2 loads in 3.
peelout
10/26/2020 8:21am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2020 8:21am
i saw those videos, insane.

loading screens used to be a time to go stuff the old lady and grab a beer. now i can't even get my ass up off the couch in the time it takes to load a game.

ps... i pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 and it told me the version i downloaded gave me access on the PS5 also. if true, that's huge. i bought GTA5 for 2 different systems, XBOX360 and PS4. buying the digital version once for 2 systems is a hell of a sale tactic. i'm a fan.
greenmx5
10/26/2020 10:46am
peelout wrote:
i saw those videos, insane. loading screens used to be a time to go stuff the old lady and grab a beer. now i can't even...

loading screens used to be a time to go stuff the old lady and grab a beer. now i can't even get my ass up off the couch in the time it takes to load a game.

ps... i pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 and it told me the version i downloaded gave me access on the PS5 also. if true, that's huge. i bought GTA5 for 2 different systems, XBOX360 and PS4. buying the digital version once for 2 systems is a hell of a sale tactic. i'm a fan.
I bought gta 5 for ps3 and ps4 both at the $65 tag. I'm not paying a dime towards the same game again

But to your point, a lot of companies are saying if you buy the ps4 version right now you'll get their ps5 digital free. Dirt 5 is doing that as well.
10/26/2020 11:36am
peelout wrote:
i saw those videos, insane. loading screens used to be a time to go stuff the old lady and grab a beer. now i can't even...

greenmx5 wrote:
I bought gta 5 for ps3 and ps4 both at the $65 tag. I'm not paying a dime towards the same game again But to your...
I bought gta 5 for ps3 and ps4 both at the $65 tag. I'm not paying a dime towards the same game again

But to your point, a lot of companies are saying if you buy the ps4 version right now you'll get their ps5 digital free. Dirt 5 is doing that as well.
I’m with you green, I’m not paying for gta 5 a third time. Visually it’ll look better & load much faster but it’s still the same game I’ve played over & over before.
10/26/2020 11:39am
peelout wrote:

Yeah they’re doing a cross gen bundle for COD Cold War as well, still undecided on whether to get it or not. I played the alpha & the beta, mp was ok but I dunno.
greenmx5
10/27/2020 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 11/2/2020 10:02am
11/2/2020 9:40am
When and paid in full for my PS5’s today. The UK is going into lockdown again from the 5th of November but I’ll still be able to pick them up on 19th. I’ll show my receipt at the door which has a raffle ticket on it so they know what ones are mine and they’ll bring them out to me.
Sunhouse
11/3/2020 12:00pm
When and paid in full for my PS5’s today. The UK is going into lockdown again from the 5th of November but I’ll still be able...
When and paid in full for my PS5’s today. The UK is going into lockdown again from the 5th of November but I’ll still be able to pick them up on 19th. I’ll show my receipt at the door which has a raffle ticket on it so they know what ones are mine and they’ll bring them out to me.
Best lockdown ever! 😎
11/3/2020 12:06pm
When and paid in full for my PS5’s today. The UK is going into lockdown again from the 5th of November but I’ll still be able...
Sunhouse wrote:
Best lockdown ever! 😎
Not really to be fair, I’ll be working fortunately but what I really what is everyone’s life to go back to normal & our economies to recover.
Sunhouse
11/3/2020 12:13pm
greenmx5 wrote:
This was a good video. Wish he showed the PS5 media remote though, kind of interested in one if it is worth getting rather than just using the controller🤷🏻‍♂️
Sunhouse
11/3/2020 12:19pm
Not really to be fair, I’ll be working fortunately but what I really what is everyone’s life to go back to normal & our economies to...
Not really to be fair, I’ll be working fortunately but what I really what is everyone’s life to go back to normal & our economies to recover.
Sure, who doesn’t😅 I’m just saying that if you have to endure another lockdown, it may as well be one with a new PS5😄
I’m pretty sure we could all hit the reset button on 2020🙈
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/10/2020 10:08am
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Launch Trailer.

Looks fantastic.

peelout
11/10/2020 10:48am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Launch Trailer. Looks fantastic.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Launch Trailer.

Looks fantastic.

i've been torn on getting this one...

i'm impatiently waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 and i don't want to start something until i can play only it. i've still been putting of The Last Of Us 2 for the same reason. i don't have the time i used to have to play games now (see baby and wife duties) so a game like Valhalla would take me months.

game looks awesome though, can't wait to get my hands on it eventually

Post a reply to: PlayStation 5

The Latest