PlayStation 5

motoman617
9/19/2020 3:22pm
I've moved away from console gaming to PC, but my son wants the new Xbox when it comes out. He has Xbox 1, but the prices...
I've moved away from console gaming to PC, but my son wants the new Xbox when it comes out. He has Xbox 1, but the prices of the new one's are lower than I thought, so it would make a great Christmas present.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
500$ is really not bad for what you're getting. Also, the new Xbox is being released on November 10th. No word on when pre-orders go live...
500$ is really not bad for what you're getting.

Also, the new Xbox is being released on November 10th. No word on when pre-orders go live, so keep an eye out and sign up to different newsletters to get your best chance at getting one for X-Mas.
Pre-orders for the XBox Series X are going live on Sept 22 at 8:00 am pst.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/19/2020 4:34pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
They make money on the lifetime sales of the consoles.

50 million consoles at a conservative $300 is 15 billion dollars.
mx617 wrote:
Which is great unless it costs $400 to build.
True. I know that was the case with the PS3. That thing was expensive to make. If I remember correctly they built their own processors. Game makers thought it was a pain in the ass to code.

I think they learned from that mistake.

It's profitable or they would have stopped making consoles years ago. Just takes years to turn a profit.
ProKawi24
9/19/2020 4:59pm
I know this sounds lame but I'm really excited to see how well the PS5 looks with the next farming simulator game lol. Plus I'm really hoping Madden football does a complete overhaul next year to go along with the new console because they have been terrible for the last 5-7 years.

Also wondering how well the next Monster SX game will be with PS5!
9/19/2020 5:32pm
I've moved away from console gaming to PC, but my son wants the new Xbox when it comes out. He has Xbox 1, but the prices...
I've moved away from console gaming to PC, but my son wants the new Xbox when it comes out. He has Xbox 1, but the prices of the new one's are lower than I thought, so it would make a great Christmas present.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
500$ is really not bad for what you're getting. Also, the new Xbox is being released on November 10th. No word on when pre-orders go live...

Also, the new Xbox is being released on November 10th. No word on when pre-orders go live, so keep an eye out and sign up to different newsletters to get your best chance at getting one for X-Mas.
Will do, thanks for info.

The Shop

9/19/2020 5:32pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

motoman617 wrote:
Pre-orders for the XBox Series X are going live on Sept 22 at 8:00 am pst.
Cool, thanks.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/19/2020 5:57pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I know this sounds lame but I'm really excited to see how well the PS5 looks with the next farming simulator game lol. Plus I'm really...
I know this sounds lame but I'm really excited to see how well the PS5 looks with the next farming simulator game lol. Plus I'm really hoping Madden football does a complete overhaul next year to go along with the new console because they have been terrible for the last 5-7 years.

LOL. Farming simulator. I downloaded Farming Simulator '20 on PS4 when it was free on PSN a few months back.

That thing is addicting.

Haven't played in a while, but if I get back into it, I'll start a new game with an established farm. Tried starting one from scratch. Talk about work. I think I managed to purchase 2 or 3 fields total.

Farming is expensive, lol.
ProKawi24
9/21/2020 1:30pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I know this sounds lame but I'm really excited to see how well the PS5 looks with the next farming simulator game lol. Plus I'm really...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL. Farming simulator. I downloaded Farming Simulator '20 on PS4 when it was free on PSN a few months back. That thing is addicting. Haven't played...
LOL. Farming simulator. I downloaded Farming Simulator '20 on PS4 when it was free on PSN a few months back.

That thing is addicting.

Haven't played in a while, but if I get back into it, I'll start a new game with an established farm. Tried starting one from scratch. Talk about work. I think I managed to purchase 2 or 3 fields total.

Farming is expensive, lol.
haha I noticed on my PS feed it showed your name playing Farming Sim and my first thought was "ohhh he's gonna get addicted too now!" LOL. Dude I can't tell you how many hours I've played that damn game....I've actually pulled a few all-nighters cus "I'm just gonna do 1 more field" and after that it's "well, now I wanna sow this one real quick" and suddenly 10 hrs goes by lol.

One of my favorite things to do is listen to Pulp (new episode or go into the vault) and just farm away all day/night on the weekend. It's so relaxing. You'd think a farming sim would be super boring but there's sooo much to do it's crazy.
motoman617
9/22/2020 12:01pm
Got up early this morning to see if I could snag a Xbox Series X. Supposed to launch everywhere at 8:00 am pst.
My preferred site was Best Buy or Amazon. Keep refreshing both sites for a while and nothing updated. Just said coming soon. No emails they were available or any luck on those sites. I finally tried a link I had to the Microsoft store and it showed you could preorder. Got it in my cart and after a couple of error messages and freezes the order finally went through. 😄

So I got my PS5 and Xbox orders in. Here is hoping no one cancels my orders. 😄
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/25/2020 10:15am
I'm cursed.

Read an article yestersay stating EB Games would be releasing more PS5 today. Never got the EB Games email I signed up for, but did receive one from Gamespot stating the same thing.

Cool. Article didn't mention anything about what time the pre-orders would go live, so I checked early this morning.

Refreshed in time to see they were live. Awesome. I had one in the cart from the other day. I click on checkout, site runs like shit and it doesn't take me anywhere. Refresh, refresh, refresh, finally I see the circle indicating loading. An image appears stating I was in line and that I would be redirected to the EB Games website once they could accept more traffic.

15 minutes later it brings me back to the website. Click the cart... page you clicked on doesn't exist, click here to go to the main page.

I do, PS5 no longer in cart. Click pre-order, add to cart, click checkout and I'm faced with the same scenario.

An hour later it finally goes to checkout. Please login to continue. I rarely use EB Games so I forgot my password. Clicked forgot password, message says an email has been sent to reset your password.

Checked emails, nothing. Tried 5 more times and nothing ever gets to my inbox or junk mail. Try different passwords and it I finally get to log it.

Cart shows 2 PS5 and a message saying I'm over the allowed limit. Okay, no problem, click remove 1. Doesn't allow me to remove the extra PS5 and a message appears saying Out of Stock.

This sucks!
9/25/2020 1:14pm
motoman617 wrote:
Got up early this morning to see if I could snag a Xbox Series X. Supposed to launch everywhere at 8:00 am pst. My preferred site...
Got up early this morning to see if I could snag a Xbox Series X. Supposed to launch everywhere at 8:00 am pst.
My preferred site was Best Buy or Amazon. Keep refreshing both sites for a while and nothing updated. Just said coming soon. No emails they were available or any luck on those sites. I finally tried a link I had to the Microsoft store and it showed you could preorder. Got it in my cart and after a couple of error messages and freezes the order finally went through. 😄

Quick question for you and anyone else. I've never played the Playstation. Is there a reason why some of you prefer it over the Xbox?

peelout
9/25/2020 1:40pm
Quick question for you and anyone else. I've never played the Playstation. Is there a reason why some of you prefer it over the Xbox?

i had Xbox and 360 but i bought my PS4 to play the exclusives and haven't regretted owning it since.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/25/2020 1:57pm
motoman617 wrote:
Got up early this morning to see if I could snag a Xbox Series X. Supposed to launch everywhere at 8:00 am pst. My preferred site...

As Peely said, way better exclusive.

I also personally don't like the Xbox controller. Feels awkward in my hands.

I think PlayStation has closed the gap in terms of online experience.
Sunhouse
9/25/2020 5:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm cursed. Read an article yestersay stating EB Games would be releasing more PS5 today. Never got the EB Games email I signed up for, but...
I'm cursed.

Read an article yestersay stating EB Games would be releasing more PS5 today. Never got the EB Games email I signed up for, but did receive one from Gamespot stating the same thing.

Cool. Article didn't mention anything about what time the pre-orders would go live, so I checked early this morning.

Refreshed in time to see they were live. Awesome. I had one in the cart from the other day. I click on checkout, site runs like shit and it doesn't take me anywhere. Refresh, refresh, refresh, finally I see the circle indicating loading. An image appears stating I was in line and that I would be redirected to the EB Games website once they could accept more traffic.

15 minutes later it brings me back to the website. Click the cart... page you clicked on doesn't exist, click here to go to the main page.

I do, PS5 no longer in cart. Click pre-order, add to cart, click checkout and I'm faced with the same scenario.

An hour later it finally goes to checkout. Please login to continue. I rarely use EB Games so I forgot my password. Clicked forgot password, message says an email has been sent to reset your password.

Checked emails, nothing. Tried 5 more times and nothing ever gets to my inbox or junk mail. Try different passwords and it I finally get to log it.

Cart shows 2 PS5 and a message saying I'm over the allowed limit. Okay, no problem, click remove 1. Doesn't allow me to remove the extra PS5 and a message appears saying Out of Stock.

This sucks!
I hope you don´t end up in a similar situation as with RDR2, Mav. Maybe skip pre-order all together? I don´t trust it, much more likely to find one in a shop. Stores will save quite a few to have in store so they can attract customers and sell TV and other products with it. I have done this since PS3 and have had zero problems. Some who preordered couldn´t get theirs until 2 months after launch.
Sunhouse
9/25/2020 5:40pm
What happened to your old account? Grinning

I prefer the PS4 controller to Xbox, will be interesting to try out the new one
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/25/2020 6:40pm
Sunhouse wrote:
I hope you don´t end up in a similar situation as with RDR2, Mav. Maybe skip pre-order all together? I don´t trust it, much more likely...
I hope you don´t end up in a similar situation as with RDR2, Mav. Maybe skip pre-order all together? I don´t trust it, much more likely to find one in a shop. Stores will save quite a few to have in store so they can attract customers and sell TV and other products with it. I have done this since PS3 and have had zero problems. Some who preordered couldn´t get theirs until 2 months after launch.
Yeah, that whole RDR2 was a shit show. With my luck, I'll finally be able to get a pre-order only for it to get delivered and be stolen from someone in my building. Grinning

Still looking forward to the new console.

This reminds me, I wanted to order the collector's edition of Assassin's Creed Valhalla for PS5, but the PS5 option on Ubisoft is not listed. Not only that but it's out of stock for PC, PS4, and Xbox One/Series X, so I'm guessing it'll be the same for PS5.

The only option listed for PS5 is the standard edition. PC is the only option listed for the ultimate edition and gold edition.
9/27/2020 10:48am
I was thinking about that, too. But after talking to my son (who is 12), he wants to stay on Xbox because all of his friends are on there. So it looks like for now it will be xbox, but maybe in the not too distant future I will get a Playstation as well.
peelout
9/28/2020 1:55pm
I was thinking about that, too. But after talking to my son (who is 12), he wants to stay on Xbox because all of his friends...
I was thinking about that, too. But after talking to my son (who is 12), he wants to stay on Xbox because all of his friends are on there. So it looks like for now it will be xbox, but maybe in the not too distant future I will get a Playstation as well.
if you're even a casual gamer then you owe it to yourself to at least borrow a PS4 and play The Last Of Us. i haven't played the second one yet, but i'm currently replaying the first one and it's just as good as the first time i played it years ago. this game was the reason i bought a PS4 in the first place.
9/28/2020 6:26pm
I was thinking about that, too. But after talking to my son (who is 12), he wants to stay on Xbox because all of his friends...
peelout wrote:
if you're even a casual gamer then you owe it to yourself to at least borrow a PS4 and play The Last Of Us. i haven't...
if you're even a casual gamer then you owe it to yourself to at least borrow a PS4 and play The Last Of Us. i haven't played the second one yet, but i'm currently replaying the first one and it's just as good as the first time i played it years ago. this game was the reason i bought a PS4 in the first place.
I'll look into that peelout, thanks!
Sunhouse
9/28/2020 6:27pm
peelout wrote:
if you're even a casual gamer then you owe it to yourself to at least borrow a PS4 and play The Last Of Us. i haven't...
Also, the remastered version comes for free with PS5 on launch day in digital access.

Apparently Microsoft just bought Bethesda. So if Bethesda is in charge of the next Fallout (they shouldn’t, they messed up), Fallout may become an Xbox exclusive in the future. That would piss me off big time. Apparently all current Bethesda games in development will be available on both consoles. But it seems like Msoft have realized they need better exclusives to have a shot at Playstation in the future, so all future games not yet announced may be Xbox only.
9/29/2020 8:22am
I told my 13 year old that I heard the PS5 was better than the new Xbox Series X. He lectured me for 10 minutes why...
I told my 13 year old that I heard the PS5 was better than the new Xbox Series X. He lectured me for 10 minutes why the Xbox was going to be better and made me watch YouTube videos.

Guess he’s afraid of what I’d buy him for Christmas.
Markee wrote:
I'd buy him a push lawn mower, then he can just go buy what he wants.
Thats fine and dandy if you have a solid retirement plan. That ps5 may be the difference between Johnny Lock living in a converted basement or a freeway underpass.

peelout
9/29/2020 8:24am
peelout wrote:
Sunhouse wrote:
Also, the remastered version comes for free with PS5 on launch day in digital access. Apparently Microsoft just bought Bethesda. So if Bethesda is in charge...
Also, the remastered version comes for free with PS5 on launch day in digital access.

Apparently Microsoft just bought Bethesda. So if Bethesda is in charge of the next Fallout (they shouldn’t, they messed up), Fallout may become an Xbox exclusive in the future. That would piss me off big time. Apparently all current Bethesda games in development will be available on both consoles. But it seems like Msoft have realized they need better exclusives to have a shot at Playstation in the future, so all future games not yet announced may be Xbox only.
Fallout 3, NV, and 4 were awesome. i would be majorly bummed if they made it an exclusive.

i'm waiting for them to remake the original Fallout games for consoles. i imagine it would be a tough task, but those games were awesome.
Sunhouse
9/29/2020 10:34pm
peelout wrote:
Fallout 3, NV, and 4 were awesome. i would be majorly bummed if they made it an exclusive. i'm waiting for them to remake the original...
Fallout 3, NV, and 4 were awesome. i would be majorly bummed if they made it an exclusive.

i'm waiting for them to remake the original Fallout games for consoles. i imagine it would be a tough task, but those games were awesome.
I think Fallout 1,2 and NV were made by Obsedian, so one way to keep the franchise available for PS5 is to tell Bethesda they are out after the disaster with Fallout 76 *fingers crossed* Evil

Still, Starfield will be cross platform. But it means we could lose access to a potential Dishonored 3, and I love that series
Sunhouse
10/11/2020 9:43am
Some really cool looking games here. How the hell did I miss Atomic Heart @11:18?!? It looks so freaking good! Like a Russian Fallout - will buy!!

Good gameplay vid:

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/15/2020 7:21am
"Finally - here’s a sneak peek at the PlayStation 5’s user experience! Watch our new video walkthrough to see new features designed to make your gaming experiences more fun, engaging, personalized and social on the PS5 console.

Note: This walkthrough is set in a pre-production environment, so there may be some minor changes once the PS5 console launches in November."

10/15/2020 8:43am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[i]"Finally - here’s a sneak peek at the PlayStation 5’s user experience! Watch our new video walkthrough to see new features designed to make your gaming...
"Finally - here’s a sneak peek at the PlayStation 5’s user experience! Watch our new video walkthrough to see new features designed to make your gaming experiences more fun, engaging, personalized and social on the PS5 console.

Note: This walkthrough is set in a pre-production environment, so there may be some minor changes once the PS5 console launches in November."

Not gonna watch, I want my PS5 to be totally virgin when I get it lol.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/15/2020 10:11am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[i]"Finally - here’s a sneak peek at the PlayStation 5’s user experience! Watch our new video walkthrough to see new features designed to make your gaming...

Not gonna watch, I want my PS5 to be totally virgin when I get it lol.
LOL. I didn't watch it either. Figured some might want to.

Post a reply to: PlayStation 5

The Latest