PlayStation 5

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/16/2020 6:15pm
God of War: Ragnarok

Teaser Trailer

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Will be available at launch)

Gameplay Demo

motoman617
9/17/2020 12:15am
I was able to snag a disc version off Best Buy tonight. It was a hassle. I could add to my cart and get to check out but the final order would never go through, I refreshed and tried numerous times. I finally read on another site to change from your Best Buy card and try another card or PayPal. I changed to my PayPal account and boom, order placed.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/17/2020 2:13am
motoman617 wrote:
I was able to snag a disc version off Best Buy tonight. It was a hassle. I could add to my cart and get to check...
I was able to snag a disc version off Best Buy tonight. It was a hassle. I could add to my cart and get to check out but the final order would never go through, I refreshed and tried numerous times. I finally read on another site to change from your Best Buy card and try another card or PayPal. I changed to my PayPal account and boom, order placed.
Lucky you. I went to preorder a disc version on EB Games, sold out, Best Buy, sold out, Wal-Mart, sold out.

Can't order one directly from PlayStation because you need a US shipping address.

I'll call around today to see if I can get one from a store.

I imagine some will flip them for double the price if not more.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/17/2020 5:28am
I’ve ordered 2 from my local GAME store.
How? There's a limit of 1 per customer.

I need 2.
9/17/2020 6:18am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I need 2.
Just went in & said I want 2, they said that’s fine but need to be on 2 different reward cards. I have one & I put the other on in my gf’s name. She wasn’t even there, they said that’s ok. Hope you can get 2 dude.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/17/2020 9:35am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I need 2.
Just went in & said I want 2, they said that’s fine but need to be on 2 different reward cards. I have one & I...
Just went in & said I want 2, they said that’s fine but need to be on 2 different reward cards. I have one & I put the other on in my gf’s name. She wasn’t even there, they said that’s ok. Hope you can get 2 dude.
Well, looks like I'm shit out of fucking luck.

Sold out online and all the stores around me already sold out their allocation. One lady told me that PlayStation is planning on releasing it in waves, but didn't know when the 2nd wave was going to be available and to just keep checking.

Didn't have any issues buying the PS3 on day one. Maybe that was because of the price?
9/17/2020 10:42am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well, looks like I'm shit out of fucking luck. Sold out online and all the stores around me already sold out their allocation. One lady told...
Well, looks like I'm shit out of fucking luck.

Sold out online and all the stores around me already sold out their allocation. One lady told me that PlayStation is planning on releasing it in waves, but didn't know when the 2nd wave was going to be available and to just keep checking.

Didn't have any issues buying the PS3 on day one. Maybe that was because of the price?
Sorry to hear that, you’ll just have to keep looking online.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
9/17/2020 4:24pm
Mav, I'm sure you'll be able to get a pre-order in before it actually comes out. I'd imagine Sony wanted the "Pre-orders sold out" headlines in the news ASAP since Xbox has dominated the headlines recently. Open up a limited number of pre-orders now, claim they sold out, then continue to open up more pre-orders as time goes.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
9/17/2020 5:11pm
I didn't even try but if you hear of any I need one too. 🙂
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/17/2020 5:13pm
GD2 wrote:
Mav, I'm sure you'll be able to get a pre-order in before it actually comes out. I'd imagine Sony wanted the "Pre-orders sold out" headlines in...
Mav, I'm sure you'll be able to get a pre-order in before it actually comes out. I'd imagine Sony wanted the "Pre-orders sold out" headlines in the news ASAP since Xbox has dominated the headlines recently. Open up a limited number of pre-orders now, claim they sold out, then continue to open up more pre-orders as time goes.
I sure hope that's the case. From a marketing standpoint, that's genius.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that I'm subscribed to the PlayStation newsletter and I never received anything concerning the release date or pre-order date. (Still haven't)

Got an email from Gamespot that mentioned the PlayStation Days of Play, so I checked it out. It said PlayStation had announced the release date and that the pre-orders were going to be available today.

Decided to check EB Games for the hell of it and notice you could pre-order it (sweet). Clicked add to cart, went to check out, website kept experiencing a gateway error. Refreshed a bunch of times, same error. Shit finally gets resolved, PS5 still in cart, go to check out... Sold out.

FML!
motoman617
9/17/2020 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2020 5:59pm
I signed up to be notified at Best Buy and got the email yesterday evening. My sister called and I didn’t even see the email till about 10:00 pm pst. I immediately went online and it was still there to preorder and like I said in my earlier post I bet it took me over an hour to get the order in.

If I had not seen that email from Best Buy I would have been SOL also. I had no idea they were going live yesterday. I hope my luck holds out for next weeks Xbox X launch. 🙏😄 they are supposed to go live at 8:00 am PST on the 22nd.
Crush
9/18/2020 7:27am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think I just filled the cup
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/18/2020 9:01am
Demon's Souls Gameplay

Spider-Man: Miles Morales Gameplay

Hogwarts Legacy Trailer

Resident Evil Village 2nd Trailer

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/18/2020 7:34pm
Confirmed PS5 Launch Games

Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Astro's Playroom
Demon's Souls
Destruction All Stars
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition (Digital)
Fortnite
Godfall
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Observer: System Redux
Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Confirmed PlayStation Plus Collection Games

Battlefield 1
Batman: Arkham Knight
Bloodborne
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy 15
God of War
Infamous Second Son
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn

Games Coming To PS5 At Or Around Launch

Aragami 2
Bugsnax
Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (November 13, 2020)
Control: Ultimate Edition
Dirt 5
Immortals: Fenyx Rising (December 3, 2020)
Madden NFL 21
Marvel's Avengers
NBA 2K21
Oddworld: Soulstorm
Outriders
Overcooked: All You Can Eat
Planet Coaster: Console Edition
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (December 8, 2020)
Rainbow Six Siege
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Watch Dogs Legion
WRC 9
Sunhouse
9/18/2020 8:33pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[b]Confirmed PS5 Launch Games[/b] Assassin's Creed Valhalla Astro's Playroom Demon's Souls Destruction All Stars Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition (Digital) Fortnite Godfall Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles...
Confirmed PS5 Launch Games

Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Astro's Playroom
Demon's Souls
Destruction All Stars
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition (Digital)
Fortnite
Godfall
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Observer: System Redux
Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Confirmed PlayStation Plus Collection Games

Battlefield 1
Batman: Arkham Knight
Bloodborne
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy 15
God of War
Infamous Second Son
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn

Games Coming To PS5 At Or Around Launch

Aragami 2
Bugsnax
Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (November 13, 2020)
Control: Ultimate Edition
Dirt 5
Immortals: Fenyx Rising (December 3, 2020)
Madden NFL 21
Marvel's Avengers
NBA 2K21
Oddworld: Soulstorm
Outriders
Overcooked: All You Can Eat
Planet Coaster: Console Edition
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (December 8, 2020)
Rainbow Six Siege
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Watch Dogs Legion
WRC 9
That’s a better line-up than when PS4 launched.
There are 4-5 of the Plus games for ps4 I haven’t tried either, so that is cool..

Will progress and trophies follow over for PS5?

Also, is it just me or is Deadloop just a reworked Dishonored 2? The mechanics and animations are the same, and the game is 4 years old. Seems a little lazy...?

Wish I could play Fallout 4 for the first time again. Anyways, I will be in a 2 week quarantine from esrly Jan, provided consoles are available it will be the best two weeks of my life
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/18/2020 11:43pm
Sunhouse wrote:
That’s a better line-up than when PS4 launched. There are 4-5 of the Plus games for ps4 I haven’t tried either, so that is cool.. Will...
That’s a better line-up than when PS4 launched.
There are 4-5 of the Plus games for ps4 I haven’t tried either, so that is cool..

Will progress and trophies follow over for PS5?

Also, is it just me or is Deadloop just a reworked Dishonored 2? The mechanics and animations are the same, and the game is 4 years old. Seems a little lazy...?

Wish I could play Fallout 4 for the first time again. Anyways, I will be in a 2 week quarantine from esrly Jan, provided consoles are available it will be the best two weeks of my life
I'm pretty confident in saying that trophies will carry over to the PS5 since they are linked to your PSN ID. They transfered over from the PS3 to the PS4, so I don't think it'll be an issue.

You'll also be able to carry over your saved files to the PS5, so if you started a game on the PS4, you'll be able to finish it on the PS5.

Deadloop? Do you mean Demon's Souls? I'm not sure. It could very well be a reworked Dishonored 2. Is it the same game developers?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/18/2020 11:46pm
Not on the list of Launch Titles, but there's a good chance that Gran Turismo 7 will be available at launch.
9/19/2020 12:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not on the list of Launch Titles, but there's a good chance that Gran Turismo 7 will be available at launch.
Can’t see GT7 being a launch game, I’d say next year at the earliest.

Did you have any joy getting another ps5 ?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/19/2020 1:57am
Can’t see GT7 being a launch game, I’d say next year at the earliest.

Did you have any joy getting another ps5 ?
That could be. I don't remember if Gran Turismo was a launch title on PS3.

And I didn't bother looking. I signed up for the EB Games newsletter in regards to the PS5. It's supposed to let people know when the second phase of pre-orders will be available.

Hopefully they'll send it out a few days in advance, unlike PlayStation that didn't send anything.
9/19/2020 8:13am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That could be. I don't remember if Gran Turismo was a launch title on PS3. And I didn't bother looking. I signed up for the EB...
That could be. I don't remember if Gran Turismo was a launch title on PS3.

And I didn't bother looking. I signed up for the EB Games newsletter in regards to the PS5. It's supposed to let people know when the second phase of pre-orders will be available.

Hopefully they'll send it out a few days in advance, unlike PlayStation that didn't send anything.
I’m pretty sure I got a ps2 at launch & it came with GT3.
Sunhouse
9/19/2020 9:08am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm pretty confident in saying that trophies will carry over to the PS5 since they are linked to your PSN ID. They transfered over from the...
I'm pretty confident in saying that trophies will carry over to the PS5 since they are linked to your PSN ID. They transfered over from the PS3 to the PS4, so I don't think it'll be an issue.

You'll also be able to carry over your saved files to the PS5, so if you started a game on the PS4, you'll be able to finish it on the PS5.

Deadloop? Do you mean Demon's Souls? I'm not sure. It could very well be a reworked Dishonored 2. Is it the same game developers?
You know, if I can continue my PS4 games on the PS5 like nothing, I´m going to be very happy. That way I don´t have to connect two consoles to the TV.

Sorry, I got the title wrong, it´s "Deathloop". Seeing a lot of Dishonored mechanics here. The perk "blink" is exactly the same here as in Dishonored, and the art style is very similar too. could be fun!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/19/2020 9:46am
Sunhouse wrote:
You know, if I can continue my PS4 games on the PS5 like nothing, I´m going to be very happy. That way I don´t have to...
You know, if I can continue my PS4 games on the PS5 like nothing, I´m going to be very happy. That way I don´t have to connect two consoles to the TV.

Sorry, I got the title wrong, it´s "Deathloop". Seeing a lot of Dishonored mechanics here. The perk "blink" is exactly the same here as in Dishonored, and the art style is very similar too. could be fun!
I've never played Dishonored, so I couldn't tell you.

Not sure what it will entail to continue PS4 games on the PS5, but it will be possible. That's a very good thing. That said, it does render the PS4 useless since the PS5 is backwards compatible with 99% of the PS4 games.
9/19/2020 10:38am
I've moved away from console gaming to PC, but my son wants the new Xbox when it comes out. He has Xbox 1, but the prices of the new one's are lower than I thought, so it would make a great Christmas present.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/19/2020 10:42am
I've moved away from console gaming to PC, but my son wants the new Xbox when it comes out. He has Xbox 1, but the prices...
I've moved away from console gaming to PC, but my son wants the new Xbox when it comes out. He has Xbox 1, but the prices of the new one's are lower than I thought, so it would make a great Christmas present.
500$ is really not bad for what you're getting.

Also, the new Xbox is being released on November 10th. No word on when pre-orders go live, so keep an eye out and sign up to different newsletters to get your best chance at getting one for X-Mas.
mx617
9/19/2020 1:04pm
I've moved away from console gaming to PC, but my son wants the new Xbox when it comes out. He has Xbox 1, but the prices...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
500$ is really not bad for what you're getting. Also, the new Xbox is being released on November 10th. No word on when pre-orders go live...

Also, the new Xbox is being released on November 10th. No word on when pre-orders go live, so keep an eye out and sign up to different newsletters to get your best chance at getting one for X-Mas.
Makes me wonder how the price compares to actual cost (build, development ,marketing, etc) Are they making money on the consoles? Or just a loss leader and depending on games to turn a profit.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/19/2020 1:17pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
500$ is really not bad for what you're getting. Also, the new Xbox is being released on November 10th. No word on when pre-orders go live...

mx617 wrote:
Makes me wonder how the price compares to actual cost (build, development ,marketing, etc) Are they making money on the consoles? Or just a loss leader...
Makes me wonder how the price compares to actual cost (build, development ,marketing, etc) Are they making money on the consoles? Or just a loss leader and depending on games to turn a profit.
They make money on the lifetime sales of the consoles.

50 million consoles at a conservative $300 is 15 billion dollars.
mx617
9/19/2020 2:05pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
They make money on the lifetime sales of the consoles.

50 million consoles at a conservative $300 is 15 billion dollars.
Which is great unless it costs $400 to build.

Post a reply to: PlayStation 5

The Latest