Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

reded
6/18/2020 6:00pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2020 6:40pm
seth505 wrote:
Perspective can change a lot. My buddy got assaulting a police officer charges because his foot kicked the officers shin as the officer was tackling him...
Perspective can change a lot. My buddy got assaulting a police officer charges because his foot kicked the officers shin as the officer was tackling him from the back.
I know people are probably ready to type a response "why was your friend doing something stupid?". Sure, we should all be model citizens but it doesn't really matter and I still think you're a hypocrite unless you are ok with being shot and killed if you get pulled over for speeding in your car (since that is also breaking the law).
Bandito121 wrote:
I’m soooo tired of hearing about getting shot for speeding or shot for drunk driving or sleeping in a Wendy’s drive thru. He got shot for...
I’m soooo tired of hearing about getting shot for speeding or shot for drunk driving or sleeping in a Wendy’s drive thru. He got shot for assaulting an officer stealing his weapon. Fleeing the scene and shooting that weapon at an officer. The officer had know way of knowing yet if he had a gun on him or not since he resisted.
Yep, act like a stupid asshole, get treated like one. I’ve been pulled over a few times in my life, complied with the officers demands, didn’t pick a fight and ended up with 4 tickets and 3 warnings. Oh, and I’m still alive with a great deal of respect for the officers who gave me the tickets I deserved and the ones who were kind enough to hear my plea and issue a warning. Liberal hearts will bleed for this dumbfuck while conservatives will have zero empathy, just how it is.
agn5009
6/18/2020 6:57pm
TXDirt wrote:
For those of you who have never been in a foot chase with an armed suspect this is how the suspect gets shot in the back...
For those of you who have never been in a foot chase with an armed suspect this is how the suspect gets shot in the back. Can you tell if this is a real gun, toy gun or a BB gun no you cannot. This is even with the added daylight. Police officers have every right to defend themselves period. Don't resist and don't run. I copied this, feel free to share.

Watch this video from start to finish. Its chilling. We're shown it at most training I've attended the last few years. This show how quickly things happen and why officers get so uneasy while dealing with people who aren't complying. This is an extreme example but nearly every officer has had a similar situation where the other guy lunges at you or attempts to assault you. Good luck fighting someone high on a stimulant no matter what their size is. The toughest SOB I've gone hands on with was a dude about 5'5 150 lbs (I'm 6'0 208 lbs) who was high on bath salts. I've gone hands on with guys bigger than me who fold pretty quick.

I've also had the taser fail on me a few times. I tried tasing a guy on bath salts once who pulled the prongs out of his chest and says "you're gonna need something stronger than that to put me down" that's an oh shit here we go moment. Mid fight he pulled a 6 inch shank from his pocket. Thankfully back up was only about 3 minutes away. 3 minutes is a long time to fight with someone who's feeling no pain. I have stories for days. I always say I'm gonna write a book to share my experiences when I retire. Anyways, heres the video.

https://youtu.be/6gkbj5bY6AE
TXDirt
6/18/2020 7:03pm
seth505 wrote:
Perspective can change a lot. My buddy got assaulting a police officer charges because his foot kicked the officers shin as the officer was tackling him...
Perspective can change a lot. My buddy got assaulting a police officer charges because his foot kicked the officers shin as the officer was tackling him from the back.
I know people are probably ready to type a response "why was your friend doing something stupid?". Sure, we should all be model citizens but it doesn't really matter and I still think you're a hypocrite unless you are ok with being shot and killed if you get pulled over for speeding in your car (since that is also breaking the law).
Bandito121 wrote:
I’m soooo tired of hearing about getting shot for speeding or shot for drunk driving or sleeping in a Wendy’s drive thru. He got shot for...
I’m soooo tired of hearing about getting shot for speeding or shot for drunk driving or sleeping in a Wendy’s drive thru. He got shot for assaulting an officer stealing his weapon. Fleeing the scene and shooting that weapon at an officer. The officer had know way of knowing yet if he had a gun on him or not since he resisted.
reded wrote:
Yep, act like a stupid asshole, get treated like one. I’ve been pulled over a few times in my life, complied with the officers demands, didn’t...
Yep, act like a stupid asshole, get treated like one. I’ve been pulled over a few times in my life, complied with the officers demands, didn’t pick a fight and ended up with 4 tickets and 3 warnings. Oh, and I’m still alive with a great deal of respect for the officers who gave me the tickets I deserved and the ones who were kind enough to hear my plea and issue a warning. Liberal hearts will bleed for this dumbfuck while conservatives will have zero empathy, just how it is.
You never tried to steal a cops taser while you were already out on parole?

The Shop

6/18/2020 8:44pm
Hard video to watch. Incredibly tough job when the public supports you. Now with no support, no thanks. I’d be looking for another line of work. Sad to say it.

I feel bad for the good cops who really do make a difference and are good people. Those cops are all lumped in with the shitty ones that make the news, negating the good work they are doing.

I do have issue with private jails, police unions, and punishments like suspending a persons license for non driving infractions. When you are broke the system causes people to get into cycle they can’t get out of. You take away my license if I don’t pay a parking fine? Shit I still have to drive to work.. now I’m locked up for driving On a suspended. That kind of shit really sticks it to the lower income citizens.

I also have issue with the militarization of police stations and sheriffs. Out here in AZ the fuggin sheriffs had a tank and armored helicopter, MRAPs, the whole deal parading through town. I think that sends the wrong signal To everyone involved in the organization and the public.

I also understand there are some bad dudes out there, and we need to ready for that so don’t misunderstand me. It’s a mentality that needs to change in SOME of these departments.

As far as Rayshard? That entire situation was his doing. Could have stayed home. Could have called Uber eats. Could have been sober. You mess with the cops like that you may get shot. Everyone knows that.
CM_84
6/18/2020 8:50pm
Hard video to watch. Incredibly tough job when the public supports you. Now with no support, no thanks. I’d be looking for another line of work...
Hard video to watch. Incredibly tough job when the public supports you. Now with no support, no thanks. I’d be looking for another line of work. Sad to say it.

I feel bad for the good cops who really do make a difference and are good people. Those cops are all lumped in with the shitty ones that make the news, negating the good work they are doing.

I do have issue with private jails, police unions, and punishments like suspending a persons license for non driving infractions. When you are broke the system causes people to get into cycle they can’t get out of. You take away my license if I don’t pay a parking fine? Shit I still have to drive to work.. now I’m locked up for driving On a suspended. That kind of shit really sticks it to the lower income citizens.

I also have issue with the militarization of police stations and sheriffs. Out here in AZ the fuggin sheriffs had a tank and armored helicopter, MRAPs, the whole deal parading through town. I think that sends the wrong signal To everyone involved in the organization and the public.

I also understand there are some bad dudes out there, and we need to ready for that so don’t misunderstand me. It’s a mentality that needs to change in SOME of these departments.

As far as Rayshard? That entire situation was his doing. Could have stayed home. Could have called Uber eats. Could have been sober. You mess with the cops like that you may get shot. Everyone knows that.
Well said, and a very balanced, and practical opinion / post IMO
CM_84
6/18/2020 9:23pm
agn5009 wrote:
Watch this video from start to finish. Its chilling. We're shown it at most training I've attended the last few years. This show how quickly things...
Watch this video from start to finish. Its chilling. We're shown it at most training I've attended the last few years. This show how quickly things happen and why officers get so uneasy while dealing with people who aren't complying. This is an extreme example but nearly every officer has had a similar situation where the other guy lunges at you or attempts to assault you. Good luck fighting someone high on a stimulant no matter what their size is. The toughest SOB I've gone hands on with was a dude about 5'5 150 lbs (I'm 6'0 208 lbs) who was high on bath salts. I've gone hands on with guys bigger than me who fold pretty quick.

I've also had the taser fail on me a few times. I tried tasing a guy on bath salts once who pulled the prongs out of his chest and says "you're gonna need something stronger than that to put me down" that's an oh shit here we go moment. Mid fight he pulled a 6 inch shank from his pocket. Thankfully back up was only about 3 minutes away. 3 minutes is a long time to fight with someone who's feeling no pain. I have stories for days. I always say I'm gonna write a book to share my experiences when I retire. Anyways, heres the video.

https://youtu.be/6gkbj5bY6AE
Jesus, that is fucking gnarly
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/19/2020 12:46pm
seth505 wrote:
Bandito121 wrote:
Fair enough, I'm of the opinion that an officers job is very difficult and every situation is different, gnarly profession to have on a daily basis. That said, getting your weapon stolen is pretty negligent and you need to look in the mirror to assess your training and protocol you're following.

Again, calling out specific situations as not right is not synonymous with cop-hating or liberal douchebaggery. Being held to a certain standard goes with any job title, some have a lot more risk.
Chance1216
6/19/2020 2:16pm
seth505 wrote:
Fair enough, I'm of the opinion that an officers job is very difficult and every situation is different, gnarly profession to have on a daily basis...
Fair enough, I'm of the opinion that an officers job is very difficult and every situation is different, gnarly profession to have on a daily basis. That said, getting your weapon stolen is pretty negligent and you need to look in the mirror to assess your training and protocol you're following.

Again, calling out specific situations as not right is not synonymous with cop-hating or liberal douchebaggery. Being held to a certain standard goes with any job title, some have a lot more risk.

agn5009
6/19/2020 2:21pm
seth505 wrote:
Bandito121 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
Fair enough, I'm of the opinion that an officers job is very difficult and every situation is different, gnarly profession to have on a daily basis...

Maybe you should blame the guy who stole the taser a little more. Believe it or not, cops are not super human. You can work out, train, go to self defense classes on a weekly basis etc, there will always be someone bigger, faster and stronger than you.
Chance1216
6/19/2020 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2020 2:46pm
Bandito121 wrote:
seth505 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
Maybe you should blame the guy who stole the taser a little more. Believe it or not, cops are not super human. You can work out...
Maybe you should blame the guy who stole the taser a little more. Believe it or not, cops are not super human. You can work out, train, go to self defense classes on a weekly basis etc, there will always be someone bigger, faster and stronger than you.
Kinda random, while assuming your a LEO, what would you have done in that situation? Would a choke hold from the second officer have been acceptable?
Should one of the officers used his sidearm, a knife? What’s the legality of stabbing a suspect in the ass if you don’t intend to use deadly force?
I’m not baiting, just curious.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/19/2020 3:05pm
Bandito121 wrote:
seth505 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
Maybe you should blame the guy who stole the taser a little more. Believe it or not, cops are not super human. You can work out...
I think we can all agree any criminal deserves blame. I also think many (including me) are making the point that a death sentence isn't always the acceptable solution.
agn5009
6/19/2020 6:36pm
seth505 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
Chance1216 wrote:
Kinda random, while assuming your a LEO, what would you have done in that situation? Would a choke hold from the second officer have been acceptable...
Kinda random, while assuming your a LEO, what would you have done in that situation? Would a choke hold from the second officer have been acceptable?
Should one of the officers used his sidearm, a knife? What’s the legality of stabbing a suspect in the ass if you don’t intend to use deadly force?
I’m not baiting, just curious.
The officer did exactly what we're trained to do. Which is another reason they will be found not guilty.
agn5009
6/19/2020 6:40pm
seth505 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
I think we can all agree any criminal deserves blame. I also think many (including me) are making the point that a death sentence isn't always...
I think we can all agree any criminal deserves blame. I also think many (including me) are making the point that a death sentence isn't always the acceptable solution.
It's not always acceptable. However here it was.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
6/19/2020 10:55pm
Hard video to watch. Incredibly tough job when the public supports you. Now with no support, no thanks. I’d be looking for another line of work...

sensible post, are you sure you belong here in non moto?
6/20/2020 8:41am
I'm black and I don't see where is the injustice, a series of bad decisions in his life led him to his death. By the way he was not shot in the back, he was shot while turning and firing a taser to the cop.

mxb2
6/20/2020 8:49am
We called an officer in today to report an assault. He didn't kill anybody, and he did his job.
Crazy, huh.

Post a reply to: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

The Latest