Plane Stolen from SeaTac.

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 9:52am
A funny story with a sad ending, one of the ground crew stole an Air Alaska Passenger plane and went for a joyride, doing stunts and talking to air traffic control before crashing.

Suicide is a terrible thing, but short of fighting a lion naked standing over a volcano this has to be the most badass way one could possibly do it

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/08/11/airline-reports-stolen-ai…
|
8/11/2018 5:20pm
His barrel roll skills were decent. Must be not too difficult to fly them. But landing that’s pretty hard apparently.
KMC440
8/11/2018 6:05pm
I've had dreams of "stealing" a plane ... what sucks is it's always a plane I've already flown. No I'm not a licensed pilot but I've got hours in a few different ones.
This young man had to have his world fall apart, felt horrible reading about this when I got up. I've been through a very painful divorce and that definitely was my darkest hour. Prayers for his family and friends.

The Shop

Moto96
8/12/2018 8:24am
Didn't see any barrel rolls or real loop de loops like the videos say.. Closest thing I saw was he rolled upside down an brought it around underneath over the water just before the fighter jets got there.

I wonder if commercial planes have decent inverted flight tanks?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/12/2018 12:01pm
The F15s were Oregon ANG. That’s the same group that did the Washougal flyover.
plowboy
8/12/2018 12:10pm
Moto96 wrote:
Didn't see any barrel rolls or real loop de loops like the videos say.. Closest thing I saw was he rolled upside down an brought it...
Didn't see any barrel rolls or real loop de loops like the videos say.. Closest thing I saw was he rolled upside down an brought it around underneath over the water just before the fighter jets got there.

I wonder if commercial planes have decent inverted flight tanks?
No sir, they do not have provisions for inverted flight. It CAN be done if you maintain enough G's to keep the fuel at the bottom of the tanks where the fuel pickup is located. This applies to the engine oil tank pickups as well. We installed a "flip/flop" valve in our fuel hopper tank to allow for extended inverted flight but still are limited by unpressurised oil tanks.
gabrielito
8/12/2018 1:38pm
I read somewhere there is a strange connection to a decommissioned submarine with his same name.

Post a reply to: Plane Stolen from SeaTac.

The Latest