Photos from American Air crash last week...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2010 11:24 AM

|

1/3/2010 11:32 AM

must have been a hell of a view for the flight crew.

|

1/3/2010 11:33 AM

Yeah, they saw their careers flash before their eyes.

|

1/3/2010 11:36 AM

I'm guessing the CVR will go something like this:

"I think we're long"

--"Naw, we're fine"

"#$#%^^% there's the end"

--"$#%$#%"

"We're screwed"

|

1/3/2010 12:06 PM

Its crazy that the runway has no run-off just water.

|

1/3/2010 12:09 PM

fencepost wrote:

Its crazy that the runway has no run-off just water.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Photo
|

Make sure you down vote!

Not affiliated with any company

1/3/2010 12:15 PM

CRAZY

|

1/3/2010 12:19 PM

That's Maho Beach in St Maarten
Been there and waited and watched 'em come in

|

Make sure you down vote!

1/3/2010 12:22 PM

There's runways in the US that are like that, instead of a beach and water there is busy streets, gas stations and shopping centers.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/3/2010 12:24 PM

flarider wrote:

Did you see any heavies when you went?

We saw a few 757's an Md80 or two and as soon as we got back to the ship an AF 340 took off...

$25 bucks for a beach chair..

|

1/3/2010 12:28 PM

zjbell wrote:

There's runways in the US that are like that, instead of a beach and water there is busy streets, gas stations and shopping ...more

Have you ever landed is SD ZJ? My uncle said its sketchy because of the rapid decent due to the high rises.. You drop fast!

|

A village in Kenya is missing its idiot

1/3/2010 12:46 PM

flarider wrote:

zjbell wrote:

Did you see any heavies when you went?

We saw a few 757's an Md80 or two and as soon as we got back to the ship an AF 340 ...more

No, no heavies
Same as you

The big boys aren't until about 3:30-4:30, and we had to get back to the ship

|

Make sure you down vote!

1/3/2010 12:47 PM

My wifes cousin says the same thing about Denver. Over the Rockies and drop in.

|

1/3/2010 12:57 PM

Did the passengers get charged more for Beach Front Delivery? "We're here, get the sun block."

|

1/3/2010 5:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2010 5:06 PM

zjbell wrote:

There's runways in the US that are like that, instead of a beach and water there is busy streets, gas stations and shopping ...more

Scotty wrote:

Have you ever landed is SD ZJ? My uncle said its sketchy because of the rapid decent due to the high rises.. You drop fast!

SD can be tricky, it only has one complete instrument Landing System (out of two runways) so if the winds are above 5 to 10 knots and marginal ceilings it can force diverts.

I the past few years they installed an EMAS system at the end of the runway. It's concrete designed to break down under the weight of an airplane, slowing it down.

That parking garage and sloping terrain when you arrive form the East can be tough, I've spent a bunch of nights at the DoubleTree hotel right off the 5 (I think it used to be a Radisson) and you can really get a good view of what the airport looks like form the balconies, I think I have some pictures somewhere...
|

1/3/2010 5:07 PM

fencepost wrote:

Not only the high crossing restrictions, high temps and winds in the summer and harsh winder weather makes it a challenge.

Long runways tho, that is definite positive for safety.

|

1/3/2010 5:07 PM

zjbell wrote:

That guy was supposed to take a left at Albuquerque.

|

1/3/2010 5:20 PM

Jackson Hole is fun to drop down into also! Had a few women scream when we dropped in, landed real hard also.

|

1/3/2010 5:21 PM

zjbell wrote:

Scotty wrote:

zjbell wrote:

SD can be tricky, it only has one complete instrument Landing System (out of two runways) so if the winds are above 5 to 10 ...more
[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

1/3/2010 5:27 PM

Another one from SAN.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/3/2010 6:41 PM

That's amazing. We didn't see anything like that on St. Thomas, just a ghetto with a million beaches.

|

1/3/2010 6:42 PM

That's amazing. We didn't see anything like that on St. Thomas, just a ghetto with a million beaches.

|

1/3/2010 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 7:46 PM

That is St Maarten

This is St Thomas' airport approach

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Make sure you down vote!

1/3/2010 7:05 PM

fencepost wrote:

zjbell wrote:

Not only the high crossing restrictions, high temps and winds in the summer and harsh winder weather makes it a challenge.

...more

Hat's off to you and other pilots. These are some big birds and even though I fly quite often I never worry about how you guy's get these planes in the air and back on the ground safely.

It's a lot of responsibility that you guys deal with day in and day out.

|

Jim Martin