Phone scams

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
I recieved a local call today from an older man basically screaming at me saying my number calls him every day trying to sell him stuff like insurance and solar etc and he is not interested and never call there again. His wife was in the background screaming to take their name off of my calling list. Then they hung up. I called back and explained that this is my private phone I have had with this number for 12 years and it sat next to me all day and never called anyone, let alone trying to sell something. I asked if he mis dialed and he said or yelled that no he just returned call and its always my number. Crazy. I called phone company and they said they get calls about this all day every day. Is this hacker/identity theft just normal life now or what? Freaked me out a bit but sprint says happens non stop and no records of it from my phone. I didn't even change my number. Lol
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/31/2018 5:12pm
Someone’s spoofing your number.
BMSOBx2
10/31/2018 5:29pm
Yep. I get a half a dozen calls a day. I have caller ID. Most of them with a false local number as the ID of the call. They're not using my number but I got a robo call the other day from the local burger joint I've been going to since high school. I almost picked it up.
Mx286
10/31/2018 6:37pm
I always get calls from local numbers with this type of stuff. I’ve found that if you don’t answer they won’t call as much. But if you do, you’ll get constant calls from different numbers. No joke I made the mistake by picking up one morning, and had over 10 more calls before lunch. Sometimes it gets to a point where it feels almost like harassment.
ns503
10/31/2018 6:37pm
You ever get a call and the call display says it's your number calling?

The Shop

TXDirt
10/31/2018 6:50pm
ns503 wrote:
I've had that happen lol

I never answer a call that isn't in my contacts. If it's important they can leave me a message.
newmann
10/31/2018 7:49pm
ns503 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
I've had that happen lol

I never answer a call that isn't in my contacts. If it's important they can leave me a message.
Ever wonder why your car wasn't ready on time? Because you wouldn't answer your phone when we called to tell you what was wrong and what it was gonna cost to repair it. Leave a message you say? We left a message, three times. Oh, you never check your messages? Laughing

Or, mailbox full.

Or, this is no longer a working number.

Or, why do you want my phone number?

Scammers and telemarketers should all die a fiery death. They screw things up for everyone.
TXDirt
10/31/2018 8:00pm
Wife had her minivan repaired a month ago. We got 3 text messages with pictures of the work in progress. When car was ready we got a call with a message, a text message, as well as an email stating it was ready for pickup!

Technology is great!
JPT
10/31/2018 8:39pm
I keep getting a message left on my voice mail that sounds like it's from a collection agency wanting me to call them back. Even leave a case number. After the 3rd time I was tempted to call them and tell them they have the wrong number but realized they weren't saying who they were calling. I blocked the number then got the same message from another number.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
10/31/2018 10:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2018 10:06pm
The crooks are stealing numbers somehow. I get them constantly and if I return the call for the number that just called me, whoever picks up says “I didn’t call you”

They are even getting numbers plus your contacts. Try not to put your wife or family members in your contacts as mom, daughter or whatever may give them the info of who is close to you

We had a uncle who was scammed terribly. A call came from his daughters number. The girl on the line sounded close enough to his daughters voice that he thought it was her. He was put through hours of hell by this caller trying to convince him she was being held captive and for him to withdraw money. They were following his movements (via GPS????) and threatening her life if he went or did anything other than what they said. Finally when he was in the bank making a withdrawal of his entire savings account the teller knew something was up as he was a nervous mess by that time. The cops were there before he left and although scared to death they convinced him it was a hoax. They tracked the callers down to Mexico, where he was supposed to drop off the $$ to get his daughter back. And this guy is not some dummy, he is a very successful, well educated businessman. Anyway this crap is going on contstantly and the crooks are becoming more imaginable by the day. Fucking sleazy pricks
ns503
11/1/2018 4:19am
The call display screen on my office phone needs a constant supply of AAA batteries to keep it in operation. So I gave up on it. I now have it forwarded to my cell phone almost all the time - the past year my block call list on that has grown to a mile long. Most calls I get these days seem to be scam - between that line & the house phone. Fax machine is hooked to our house line - it's permanently unplugged now, junk faxes became a beast themselves.
reded
11/1/2018 4:59am
I had a guy call me one night, screaming and hollering about how he was gonna kick my ass for screwing his wife. Had it been 10yrs earlier I may have considered it a viable case but I'd been settled down for a few years and done nothing wrong so out of confused curiosity I decided to play along. He wanted my address and I invited him over but his tune began to change when he realized that we lived over 200 miles apart. Apparently his wife's lover was spoofing my number to send her text messages after their daily flings.
mxb2
11/1/2018 7:05am
reded wrote:
I had a guy call me one night, screaming and hollering about how he was gonna kick my ass for screwing his wife. Had it been...
I had a guy call me one night, screaming and hollering about how he was gonna kick my ass for screwing his wife. Had it been 10yrs earlier I may have considered it a viable case but I'd been settled down for a few years and done nothing wrong so out of confused curiosity I decided to play along. He wanted my address and I invited him over but his tune began to change when he realized that we lived over 200 miles apart. Apparently his wife's lover was spoofing my number to send her text messages after their daily flings.
Why be mad at you, his wife is the hoe. Be mad at her.
mxb2
11/1/2018 7:06am
Not you in general, but the wifes lover.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
11/1/2018 7:25am
I am at a point in my life where I answer every call and handle it no matter what. Sucks these idiots are wasting my time.
11/3/2018 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2018 7:04pm
I answer “the number you have dialed is no longer in service please check the number and dial again” I just continue to repeat that phrase till they hang up.

Getting less calls now. Coincidence maybe. But I think the algorithm listens for crap like that and dumps it from the call list.
MotoMo165
11/3/2018 7:47pm
ns503 wrote:
I’ve gotten this a few times.
This one time some random ass kid called me with the exact same number but the last 2 numbers were flipped. I called back and was somewhat of a dick because it annoyed me. We exchanged some texts later and chalked it up to this a random weirdo.
I’ve blocked a lot of numbers from the scammers and it seems to help. Been a couple of weeks since I’ve gotten one.

People can get our numbers off the deep web. Lots of private files on there, I’ve never been on there but have read about it a few times. Lots of hackers on there..
ATKpilot99
11/4/2018 7:49am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2018 7:51am
ns503 wrote:
I had this happen recently. Out of curiosity I answered and it was a computer generated voice telling me my windows account had been compromised by several countries and to dial 1 for help, lol. I just hung up. What is a windows account anyway ??? Smile
jeffro503
11/4/2018 9:45am
I've been a victim of all these soliciting calls as well. I ended up getting a premier calling service added onto my phone through sprint , and it costs like an extra $2.00 / mo. On spam calls , it have a meter pop up and let you know what level ( either low-med-high risk ) the caller is. It's gotten to the point where about 1/2 my phone calls coming in are from spammer's. And like other's in here mentioned , I won't answer it unless that person is in my contact's or the caller ID identifies them.

Also....be really careful on any phone call coming from Paypal. I answered a call from them ( which wasn't them ) and they just hung up. Out of curiosity , later that night when I got home from work , I had $400.00 in gift cards bought through my paypal account , that were bought by a legit business.......and yet that business wasn't really the outfit that made the purchase. The scammer posed as that company , submitted the bill to my paypal account and bough themselves $400.00 in gift cards. How the hell does that even happen?
11/4/2018 10:08am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2018 10:10am
Or just don’t answer. If they don’t leave a voicemail who cares.

Do you guys ever fuck with them? I do all the time. I got an hour drive from work if they call me on that drive game on.

I love just giving them random credit card numbers. And when they say it isn’t working. Ok well can you do bank account ? Routing numbers and fake accounts. I keep them on as long as they’ll stay on.

Post a reply to: Phone scams

The Latest