Peyton Manning when he woke up this morning....

Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 2:35pm
and realized he had to face the Seahawks tonight.

|
jtomasik
8/7/2014 10:37am
LOL. Hang on, guys. The Donkeys were severely crippled last season when it came to the Super Bowl. The defense is rebuilt, the injured are back on both defense and offense, and Manning himself has nothing to fear. The guy's one of the best QB's to play the game.

Oh, tonight means next to nothing. In fact, I'd prefer there was only one preseason game...since all they do is provide an opportunity for the players to get hurt. It's like the WSX title used to be years past. I'm hoping Manning sticks around for his full contract (3 more seasons). I wanna make me some bank off my new product (based on him) so I can fund my 4 other products I've developed.

The Manning Melon

CR250Rider
8/7/2014 11:25am
only 19 likes?? WTH.

Our Defense has lost several key players since last year.
I hope for a clean safe game tonight, no hard feelings. Broncos are respected here, I never hear sh!t talk about them or Peyton.
Class act.
Shiftfaced
8/7/2014 12:14pm
jtomasik wrote:
LOL. Hang on, guys. The Donkeys were severely crippled last season when it came to the Super Bowl. The defense is rebuilt, the injured are back...
LOL. Hang on, guys. The Donkeys were severely crippled last season when it came to the Super Bowl. The defense is rebuilt, the injured are back on both defense and offense, and Manning himself has nothing to fear. The guy's one of the best QB's to play the game.

Oh, tonight means next to nothing. In fact, I'd prefer there was only one preseason game...since all they do is provide an opportunity for the players to get hurt. It's like the WSX title used to be years past. I'm hoping Manning sticks around for his full contract (3 more seasons). I wanna make me some bank off my new product (based on him) so I can fund my 4 other products I've developed.

The Manning Melon

It is AMAZING how similar the Seattle Seahawk vs Denver Bronco pre-season game was to the Super Bowl.

You can make all of the excuses that you want, both games delivered a total ass-whooping to the Broncos.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Highlights-Seahawks-vs-Bro…

The Shop

jtomasik
8/8/2014 6:07am
Shiftfaced wrote:
It is AMAZING how similar the Seattle Seahawk vs Denver Bronco pre-season game was to the Super Bowl. You can make all of the excuses that...
It is AMAZING how similar the Seattle Seahawk vs Denver Bronco pre-season game was to the Super Bowl.

You can make all of the excuses that you want, both games delivered a total ass-whooping to the Broncos.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Highlights-Seahawks-vs-Bro…
Last night was great, don't ya agree?
Shiftfaced
8/8/2014 6:36am
No, I don't agree. I don't think either team has anything to be proud of.

Seattle's 1-st string defensive line could not get any pressure on Manning.
Denver could not run against them.

Seattle's second string d-line did much better, but the line backers were VERY weak against the run.

25 penalties?

Seattle had 18 scratches on their roster, so maybe I am being too hard on them, but the depth of the roster, last year that was so apparent might not be there this year.

jtomasik
8/8/2014 7:03am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2014 7:04am
Shiftfaced wrote:
No, I don't agree. I don't think either team has anything to be proud of. Seattle's 1-st string defensive line could not get any pressure on...
No, I don't agree. I don't think either team has anything to be proud of.

Seattle's 1-st string defensive line could not get any pressure on Manning.
Denver could not run against them.

Seattle's second string d-line did much better, but the line backers were VERY weak against the run.

25 penalties?

Seattle had 18 scratches on their roster, so maybe I am being too hard on them, but the depth of the roster, last year that was so apparent might not be there this year.

For a first game, I disagree. The Broncos played well, with big improvements in both front lines.

The Seahawks D couldn't get pressure on Manning because our Pro Bowl left tackle is back (who got injured early last year with that Liz Franc sprain). Ryan Clady is huge to this team. The O-line is shifted around now because of his return, putting guys into positions they're more natural at. Also, our D line is improved, as we saw several sacks last night on Wilson. And, that was even without Von Miller, who didn't play. Big difference between this year's Broncos and last. I knew that going into last night's game, and the only thing I really wanted was no injuries. If this Broncos team stays healthy, you're looking at a different opponent than you saw last year. Oh, and the Broncos didn't have their starting running back, either.

I don't follow the Seahawks closely, but I didn't hear about any major improvements since last season. What key changes happened? Positives? Negatives?
Shiftfaced
8/8/2014 7:47am
I would not say they added anybody. As is typical, Super Bowl winners have to stem the flood of departures. They lost key d-line members, and a starting o-line tackle.
In a glass-half full, they retained Bennett, who is a versatile d-lineman, and will have Percy Harvin available for more than the 68 offensive plays they had him for last year.

That is where the importance of the pre-season comes on. Finding depth. Last night, it was clear that Seattle is looking for offensive linemen. JR Sweezy was the only offensive line starter from last year that played. Everybody else was 2nd or lower on the depth chart.

None of the starting linebackers played either. But, last year, the backups played to starting standards. I don't feel that was the case last night.

Sloppy game for the two Super Bowl participants from last year. I cannot get past the 25 penalties.
jtomasik
8/8/2014 8:01am
First game of the season, and with all of the changes on the Broncos, I'd let it slide. No doubt they have to clean it up. Again not sure about the Seahawks.

Just please no big injuries. The Broncos SB team last season was full of holes from them. Hopefully Von stays away from the bong.....LOL.
Tim507
8/8/2014 1:00pm
What Manning gets to face for the 2014 season is several teams when facing the Bronco's will use the Seattle defense and force Manning out of the pocket. He just might take a serious beating this yearSad
jtomasik
8/8/2014 2:35pm
Tim507 wrote:
What Manning gets to face for the 2014 season is several teams when facing the Bronco's will use the Seattle defense and force Manning out of...
What Manning gets to face for the 2014 season is several teams when facing the Bronco's will use the Seattle defense and force Manning out of the pocket. He just might take a serious beating this yearSad
Well to run a D in Seattle style effectively, you needtheir caliber players. Not many defenses out there have those. It'd be like saying I'm gonna run a Manning style offense with Tony Romo....uh, good luck with that....

Post a reply to: Peyton Manning when he woke up this morning....

The Latest