People who make less money..

Titan1
8/26/2015 3:09pm
Expect nothing to be handed to you, be willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish your goals, and never give up. When you reach your goals, be willing to give a hand up to those around you.

That's the only way to live life.
XXVoid MainXX
8/26/2015 3:31pm
Parris wrote:
I worked for Lockheed. Lockheed had a tuition reimbursement plan . If you can get a starting position with a company with a similar plan. You...
I worked for Lockheed. Lockheed had a tuition reimbursement plan . If you can get a starting position with a company with a similar plan. You might have to start out at a tech. school or a company like the USN, USMC. ect.
logan_140 wrote:
Lockheed Martin? There right down the road from me
They're. It might end up costing you more than you think. Smile
Oldnslo
8/26/2015 3:58pm
Do you really want to be a free loaded pile of shit ? Work hard, pay your way and never look back. Pride is something those pricks will never have in their tool kit for life. Now STFU and get to work and by God make sure you blow them out of the water with great grades and with the pride in self achievement bought and paid for .....The World owes you nothing, never forget that Boy !
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
8/26/2015 11:10pm
X2 with everyone who said just concentrate on your own shit and charge full speed ahead. "Comparing" and looking for "Fairness" is a waste of time and energy. (imo) Think positive, treat people how you want to be treated, and work hard. Everything you want will fall into place. There's always going to be someone who has it easier than you, just like there's always someone who's going to have it worse. The one's that are getting handed everything on a silver platter aren't really getting the big favor it seems like right now. They'll be the first one's to melt down later when life really starts to fuck you in the ass, you aint even felt the tip yet hahaha.

The Shop

8/27/2015 8:03am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2015 8:21am
logan_140 wrote:
Feel like most of them (who know how to work the system) just get life handed to them. I'm 19 and starting college I have a...
Feel like most of them (who know how to work the system) just get life handed to them. I'm 19 and starting college I have a friend whose parents make less than 50k a year each and he's going to college for free. Me? Have to pay full price, buy all my books. They bought all his books too.
After you're done with college you'll pay student loan interest for the next 10-30 years. Therefore funding free school for others as well.

What are you going to school for? I suggest you look at what you'll be making when you get out. I wish more kids would go into the trades and bypass the student loan debt.

Here's what you can do....Go to trades school now. Find an electrical apprencticeship or similar. When you turn 24 years old and you find you're not happy with the trades you'll then qualify for the pell grant which will off set tuition for you. Get an undergraduate degree from a community college.

Employers don't care if you went to a private school which carries a 150k in debt. A degree is a degree. It shows employers you have the ability to jump through hoops and be trained to do a job.

As people have stated above: Dont worry about fairness. Because in 10 years you'll go from worrying about fairness, to being pissed off about paying for those who don't work. Worry about yourself and focus on making yourself a professional. It will feel better when you're at your 10 year high school reunion and you see that the majority of those you graduated with are still living home at moms, drunks, and have no disposable income to do anything except play the new video game that came out last week.

Just went to my 10 year reunion. I'm 28 years old, one of 3 at the reunion that has a house, and the only one that races dirtbikes consistently.

Just make sure your college degree will pay off in the end!
I'm 70,000 in debt for my Nursing degree. However, I make 60,000 a year. Now my employer IS PAYING FOR ME to go back to school for nurse practitioner. So after I finish this in 2.5 years, I'll have 70,000 in student loan debt, but a job that pays 110,000 - 120,000 / year with full health benefits. (for when I wad myself up on the track Smile )

Dont get a worthless degree and be 70k in debt, when you can't find a job making 30,000 /yr.

And find yourself a good woman that values the dollar and will support you to be a better man. If I didn't have mine, i'm sure we wouldn't be living in a house and going on vacations. Good luck, kid. It will work out. Motocross is motivation enough to be successful! How else are you going to continue to feed the Mx addiction? Not by handouts!
borg
8/27/2015 8:17am
After your done

It's you're

Sonofabitch, why is a 10'th grade dropout correcting spelling and grammar for college kids.

I usually overlook this shit but not in a college thread.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
8/27/2015 8:19am
So much for sympathy in here eh ? Laughing
8/27/2015 8:22am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2015 8:26am
borg wrote:
[i]After your done[/i] It's [u]you're[/u] Sonofabitch, why is a 10'th grade dropout correcting spelling and grammar for college kids. I usually overlook this shit but not...
After your done

It's you're

Sonofabitch, why is a 10'th grade dropout correcting spelling and grammar for college kids.

I usually overlook this shit but not in a college thread.
Thank god It wasn't a consistent mistake. Just in the first sentence. Sorry for the mistake. But why is there a ' between 10 and th?

I always forgot that APA format is strictly enforced on message boards as well. Including spell and grammar check!
borg
8/27/2015 8:27am
borg
8/27/2015 8:34am
Thank god It wasn't a consistent mistake. Just in the first sentence. Sorry for the mistake. But why is there a ' between 10 and th?

It's because I have a 9'th grade education.
Titan1
8/27/2015 9:18am
At 34 years old, I'm far from having as much wisdom as some...but here is what I tell all the kids in my circle of influence....

Find out what you want to do for a living. Something that you will enjoy doing for the next 30-40 years. Figure out what that is. And there is no right or wrong answer...just figure out what it is.

Then, figure out what you have to do to be able to do that career. If being a doctor is what you really want to do, then you have no choice but to go to college. If you want to be a welder, or a plumber...then spending a ton of money of college wouldn't really be a wise decision. Try a trade school, or an apprenticeship or something. If you want to be a teach, well, you have to go to college, attorney same thing. An entrepreneur, you could probably take some business classes at a local community college to get started, but fancy degrees do come in handy if you are ever pitching investors. Real estate agent? No college required. Insurance agent, same thing. Just graduate high school, and start working passing those tests and start your career.

Our society puts way to much emphasis on college, in my opinion. So much so that so many kids dig themselves in debt just because they feel all this pressure to do so and end up spending $80K on a degree that will pay them $30K/year. It just doesn't make any sense.
IWreckALot
8/27/2015 9:30am
Titan1 wrote:
At 34 years old, I'm far from having as much wisdom as some...but here is what I tell all the kids in my circle of influence...
At 34 years old, I'm far from having as much wisdom as some...but here is what I tell all the kids in my circle of influence....

Find out what you want to do for a living. Something that you will enjoy doing for the next 30-40 years. Figure out what that is. And there is no right or wrong answer...just figure out what it is.

Then, figure out what you have to do to be able to do that career. If being a doctor is what you really want to do, then you have no choice but to go to college. If you want to be a welder, or a plumber...then spending a ton of money of college wouldn't really be a wise decision. Try a trade school, or an apprenticeship or something. If you want to be a teach, well, you have to go to college, attorney same thing. An entrepreneur, you could probably take some business classes at a local community college to get started, but fancy degrees do come in handy if you are ever pitching investors. Real estate agent? No college required. Insurance agent, same thing. Just graduate high school, and start working passing those tests and start your career.

Our society puts way to much emphasis on college, in my opinion. So much so that so many kids dig themselves in debt just because they feel all this pressure to do so and end up spending $80K on a degree that will pay them $30K/year. It just doesn't make any sense.
I'd put a little bit of a spin on what you're saying. I look at my education as a fall back. I plan on opening a business when I graduate in a year or two. If that doesn't work out, at least I have my college degree to fall back on to get back into the workplace. I'm not entirely sure I want to do what I'm going to college for. I picked an IT degree because it was a little more distinguished to me than a general business degree. I still am not 100% sure what I want to do for a living and I'm turning 30 this year. I've been able to get through college with $0 in debt because of going to community college and only taking course loads that I can afford. Plus my employer has a nice reimbursment program.
Titan1
8/27/2015 10:18am
Titan1 wrote:
At 34 years old, I'm far from having as much wisdom as some...but here is what I tell all the kids in my circle of influence...

IWreckALot wrote:
I'd put a little bit of a spin on what you're saying. I look at my education as a fall back. I plan on opening a...
I'd put a little bit of a spin on what you're saying. I look at my education as a fall back. I plan on opening a business when I graduate in a year or two. If that doesn't work out, at least I have my college degree to fall back on to get back into the workplace. I'm not entirely sure I want to do what I'm going to college for. I picked an IT degree because it was a little more distinguished to me than a general business degree. I still am not 100% sure what I want to do for a living and I'm turning 30 this year. I've been able to get through college with $0 in debt because of going to community college and only taking course loads that I can afford. Plus my employer has a nice reimbursment program.
That's a good point The only thing I might say would be to make sure you get some type of education to fall back on that will pay the bills...meaning not a bachelors in liberal arts or psychology.

8/27/2015 10:29am
The government would reward you for you failing at your business first. Then you'd be able to get the pell grant and other grants that are income based without your parents needing to fill in the income slots. That's if you wait until you're 24.

Might as well use whatever you can get.
P
8/27/2015 11:00am
logan_140 wrote:
Feel like most of them (who know how to work the system) just get life handed to them. I'm 19 and starting college I have a...
Feel like most of them (who know how to work the system) just get life handed to them. I'm 19 and starting college I have a friend whose parents make less than 50k a year each and he's going to college for free. Me? Have to pay full price, buy all my books. They bought all his books too.
1. How much do your parents make a year?

2. What school do you want to attend and what do you want to major in?

I'm being serious.

P
h&m_cycle
8/27/2015 11:29am
P wrote:
1. How much do your parents make a year? 2. What school do you want to attend and what do you want to major in? I'm...

I'm being serious.

P
I believe he's considering this school... It's affordable, and I highly doubt the job will ever be "outsourced" overseas...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dallas Institute of Funeral Service
The campus provides students and faculty with a large, comfortable facility and ample parking. The facility has state of the art laboratories, a student center, and an embalming room. Tuition for the program is $12,000.
The institution offers students an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Funeral Service Program. In addition, students have the opportunity to transfer their credits and continue their education and receive a bachelor’s degree from Ottawa University online.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
8/27/2015 3:14pm
I think the less you care what everyone one else gets, or does, and the more you concentrate on doing good for yourself, and the people you care about the better, and happier you will be,

I try not to ever worry about stuff I can not change, as there is no point,
XXVoid MainXX
8/27/2015 4:47pm
logan_140 wrote:
P wrote:
1. How much do your parents make a year? 2. What school do you want to attend and what do you want to major in? I'm...

I'm being serious.

P
Shirley you can't be serious. Smile
XXVoid MainXX
8/27/2015 4:49pm
borg wrote:
[i]Thank god It wasn't a consistent mistake. Just in the first sentence. Sorry for the mistake. But why is there a ' between 10 and th?[/i]...

It's because I have a 9'th grade education.
Heh heh, love it! Smile
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
8/27/2015 10:14pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Well said! I'm one of the few people that thinks our system works, if used correctly, sadly we have a lot of people in this country...
Well said! I'm one of the few people that thinks our system works, if used correctly, sadly we have a lot of people in this country that take advantage of it
In any country and in any system. It ain't perfect. Should be free if you ask me though, an educated population is a benefit to society...
In any country and in any system. It ain't perfect. Should be free if you ask me though, an educated population is a benefit to society as a whole.
An un-educated society is a society that allows government to go pretty much un-checked. It's part of the master plan. Well, here in Merica anyways.
J.F.S
8/27/2015 11:59pm
logan_140 wrote:
Yeah, lucky those poor people?
J.F.S
8/28/2015 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2015 4:12pm
Yeah, because how much someone makes is based completely on luck. Smile
That is what that little dude seems to think, he could just ask his rich parents to go to their boss and ask for a salary decrease if he wants to be as fortunate as the people who's parents do not make as much as his.
Titan1
8/28/2015 5:12pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Well said! I'm one of the few people that thinks our system works, if used correctly, sadly we have a lot of people in this country...
Well said! I'm one of the few people that thinks our system works, if used correctly, sadly we have a lot of people in this country that take advantage of it
In any country and in any system. It ain't perfect. Should be free if you ask me though, an educated population is a benefit to society...
In any country and in any system. It ain't perfect. Should be free if you ask me though, an educated population is a benefit to society as a whole.
avidchimp wrote:
An un-educated society is a society that allows government to go pretty much un-checked. It's part of the master plan. Well, here in Merica anyways.
It's ironic, then, that it's the educated liberals that constantly vote for more and more government, and the poor rednecks that just want to be left alone to their guns and their religion.

Post a reply to: People who make less money..

The Latest