People who make less money..

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 8/28/2015 5:12pm
Feel like most of them (who know how to work the system) just get life handed to them. I'm 19 and starting college I have a friend whose parents make less than 50k a year each and he's going to college for free. Me? Have to pay full price, buy all my books. They bought all his books too.
|
logan_140
8/26/2015 7:38am
Welcome to life
Yeah I know. Just sucks not getting 1 penny when he's getting 6 grand..
Parris
8/26/2015 7:51am
I worked for Lockheed. Lockheed had a tuition reimbursement plan . If you can get a starting position with a company with a similar plan. You might have to start out at a tech. school or a company like the USN, USMC. ect.

The Shop

logan_140
8/26/2015 8:02am
Parris wrote:
I worked for Lockheed. Lockheed had a tuition reimbursement plan . If you can get a starting position with a company with a similar plan. You...
I worked for Lockheed. Lockheed had a tuition reimbursement plan . If you can get a starting position with a company with a similar plan. You might have to start out at a tech. school or a company like the USN, USMC. ect.
Lockheed Martin? There right down the road from me
newmann
8/26/2015 8:05am
Pride, young man. Embrace it and never settle for less. Earn your shit and be proud of it. One day when you have a good job and pay a shit ton of taxes just remember the all the fucks who get the free shit. Vote accordingly.

Ever notice how we Social Security always seems to be in trouble but Welfare never misses a beat?
logan_140
8/26/2015 8:09am
newmann wrote:
Pride, young man. Embrace it and never settle for less. Earn your shit and be proud of it. One day when you have a good job...
Pride, young man. Embrace it and never settle for less. Earn your shit and be proud of it. One day when you have a good job and pay a shit ton of taxes just remember the all the fucks who get the free shit. Vote accordingly.

Ever notice how we Social Security always seems to be in trouble but Welfare never misses a beat?
They never miss out on their food stamps or any type of government support... I work at SAMs club and man the first of the month that place is BEYOND packed... All get their checks and what not the first of the month
8/26/2015 8:16am
You should call the waaahmbulance. Quit worrying about other people and focus on working hard you'll be a better man for it.
IWreckALot
8/26/2015 8:26am
Parris wrote:
I worked for Lockheed. Lockheed had a tuition reimbursement plan . If you can get a starting position with a company with a similar plan. You...
logan_140 wrote:
This is what I've been doing. I've been reimbursed every penny of school for the last 3 or 4 years. I'm on the long track plan but I'm damn near done. My work reorganized the reimbursment plan a few years ago. Previously, if you got an A or a B, you got 100% reimbursement and C's got 50%. Well HR thought it was a great idea to pay 100% for an A, 75% for a B and 50% for a C. . . So I had to up my game. Been getting straight A's since that rule changed.
huck
8/26/2015 8:27am
logan_140 wrote:
Feel like most of them (who know how to work the system) just get life handed to them. I'm 19 and starting college I have a...
Feel like most of them (who know how to work the system) just get life handed to them. I'm 19 and starting college I have a friend whose parents make less than 50k a year each and he's going to college for free. Me? Have to pay full price, buy all my books. They bought all his books too.
Wait until 40% of your earnings go to pay for those kids college....
IWreckALot
8/26/2015 8:28am
Oh, and with everything in life, if you're comparing your situation to other peoples', you'll always find the "unfair" aspects of your life. . . Try not to focus on the negative and look for the positives. Perspective is huge in just about everything you do.
Parris
8/26/2015 8:49am
Parris wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
I actually drop out of collage in my second trimester with a 3.41 gpa because of $$$. I got a apprentice job at a local fab shop and became a cert.welder. Then went to tech. school for two years and got my A&P cert. BAM! Now I too pay a shit ton of taxes
mxb2
8/26/2015 9:28am
Welcome to life
logan_140 wrote:
Get on drugs, alcohol, blame your parents, get a few chicks pregnant, and blame the system like they do, lol. $$ free
logan_140
8/26/2015 9:43am
Welcome to life
logan_140 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Get on drugs, alcohol, blame your parents, get a few chicks pregnant, and blame the system like they do, lol. $$ free
Lol I'll pass on that hahaha
logan_140
8/26/2015 9:46am
Parris wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
Parris wrote:
I actually drop out of collage in my second trimester with a 3.41 gpa because of $$$. I got a apprentice job at a local fab...
I actually drop out of collage in my second trimester with a 3.41 gpa because of $$$. I got a apprentice job at a local fab shop and became a cert.welder. Then went to tech. school for two years and got my A&P cert. BAM! Now I too pay a shit ton of taxes
Spelling like that I see why you dropped outWink kidding of course.. But yeah it sucks seeing the people go who don't have to do anything while your working and going to college..
hvaughn88
8/26/2015 9:50am
logan_140 wrote:
Parris wrote:
I actually drop out of collage in my second trimester with a 3.41 gpa because of $$$. I got a apprentice job at a local fab...
logan_140 wrote:
Spelling like that I see why you dropped out;) kidding of course.. But yeah it sucks seeing the people go who don't have to do anything...
Spelling like that I see why you dropped outWink kidding of course.. But yeah it sucks seeing the people go who don't have to do anything while your working and going to college..
Well, I wasn't going to do it, but since you did that I thought about pointing out the irony of the use of "there" in a thread complaining about college. Tongue
logan_140
8/26/2015 9:52am
Parris wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
Spelling like that I see why you dropped out;) kidding of course.. But yeah it sucks seeing the people go who don't have to do anything...
hvaughn88 wrote:
Well, I wasn't going to do it, but since you did that I thought about pointing out the irony of the use of "there" in a...
Well, I wasn't going to do it, but since you did that I thought about pointing out the irony of the use of "there" in a thread complaining about college. Tongue
Ahhhhh!Grinning I'll blame it on spell check.. Stupid iPhone
TailSoHard
8/26/2015 9:53am
logan_140 wrote:
Feel like most of them (who know how to work the system) just get life handed to them. I'm 19 and starting college I have a...
Sounds like your friend's parents worked their asses off for a long long time to be able to send their kid to college for free. Less than 50K a year is not enough money to send your kids to college without having to save up for a reeeeally long time and having to make a lot of sacrifices...

And I can tell you one thing, if have a kid who ever complains about how unfair it is that they have to pay for their schooling, I'll kick their fucking ass. Suck it up buttercup, you're in for a lifetime of disappointment if you think this is unfair. I guarantee when you pay for your own schooling, graduate, and then get thrown into the job market, you'll be much more employable than the kid who got a free ride to go party for four years.

Time to grow up man, good luck in school, make college your bitch! It's the most fun you'll never want to have again.
JW381
8/26/2015 9:58am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2015 10:00am

bronwynrayne
8/26/2015 10:00am
Man, you're bitching already? You're 19. The world owes you nothing. Stop your whining and put your head down and go to work. Do you even know what the whole situation is? Unless you've met this persons' family and maybe have an idea of what their life has been like, your judgement and lack of empathy is pathetic. Maybe they have a scholarship. Maybe they are getting financial aid based on need- perhaps he hasn't lived the same life you have with the same opportunities.

“The only time you should look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them.”
Uncle Tony
8/26/2015 10:10am
High school sports scholarships really piss me off, they say you have to maintain good grades to stay on the team, but I swear most of these kids can't even spell their name! I have three daughters two paid their own way and one did 6 years in the navy, they pay for her, maybe you should consider the armed forces? Do your four years the military has good college programs
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
8/26/2015 10:11am
Man, you're bitching already? You're 19. The world owes you nothing. Stop your whining and put your head down and go to work. Do you even...
Man, you're bitching already? You're 19. The world owes you nothing. Stop your whining and put your head down and go to work. Do you even know what the whole situation is? Unless you've met this persons' family and maybe have an idea of what their life has been like, your judgement and lack of empathy is pathetic. Maybe they have a scholarship. Maybe they are getting financial aid based on need- perhaps he hasn't lived the same life you have with the same opportunities.

“The only time you should look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them.”
You're like Jekyll and Hyde...one minute you're all liberal, the next not...Tongue

Based on this comment you are coming around to the correct side...
bronwynrayne
8/26/2015 10:18am
Brad460 wrote:
You're like Jekyll and Hyde...one minute you're all liberal, the next not...Tongue

Based on this comment you are coming around to the correct side...
Yeah, well believe it or not sometimes people don't fit into those little compartments, I like to think that being a dynamic human with an ability to change makes life a lot easier to adapt to.

bronwynrayne
8/26/2015 10:19am
JW381 wrote:

TailSoHard wrote:
Logged in to the wrong account again, eh Bronny? Tongue
This issue should be resolved in the next week or two when we go our separate ways and I'm in the arctic freakin tundra back at work.
TailSoHard
8/26/2015 10:21am
This issue should be resolved in the next week or two when we go our separate ways and I'm in the arctic freakin tundra back at...
This issue should be resolved in the next week or two when we go our separate ways and I'm in the arctic freakin tundra back at work.
Haha no worries, what's the weather like up there at the moment?
bronwynrayne
8/26/2015 10:25am
This issue should be resolved in the next week or two when we go our separate ways and I'm in the arctic freakin tundra back at...
TailSoHard wrote:
I dunno, haven't checked, still on vacay in Oregon. I don't want to know how many pairs of merino wool long underwear I need to buy this year. It snowed in May this year so I predict -30 celsius by October or something equally ridiculous.
bronwynrayne
8/26/2015 10:29am
newmann wrote:
Pride, young man. Embrace it and never settle for less. Earn your shit and be proud of it. One day when you have a good job...

Must really piss you off to know that I got all my schooling for free- 6 grand for 6 months of training- make more than the average salary for Canadians, and I have full benefits through my union hall for the whole year while only working half the year and collecting 1600$ UI a month while I'm not working, eh?
Silly
8/26/2015 10:37am
Man, you're bitching already? You're 19. The world owes you nothing. Stop your whining and put your head down and go to work. Do you even...

I like this line and am all for it.!
But only under the stipulation that they are in fact giving all they can to help themselves too! and this is where I also like and agree with Newmann's quote and it draws that line for me.

newmann wrote: Pride, young man. Embrace it and never settle for less. Earn your shit and be proud of it. One day when you have a good job and pay a shit ton of taxes just remember the all the fucks who get the free shit. Vote accordingly.

I think just giving people money for nothing leads to very bad things! teaching people how to take care of themselves is a far better option!
IWreckALot
8/26/2015 10:38am
TailSoHard wrote:
I dunno, haven't checked, still on vacay in Oregon. I don't want to know how many pairs of merino wool long underwear I need to buy...
I dunno, haven't checked, still on vacay in Oregon. I don't want to know how many pairs of merino wool long underwear I need to buy this year. It snowed in May this year so I predict -30 celsius by October or something equally ridiculous.
You could always go commando.

You guys have problems with your equipment working in that kind of weather? What kind of welders do you work with when it's that cold?

Post a reply to: People who make less money..

The Latest