Paterno fired.... What a waste.

Clutchy
11/10/2011 7:37am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 12:55pm
I've been a fan of Penn state since Matt Millen played there. Loved how " Joepa " ran his teams and what they seem to stand for.

But, 1st.... Mike McQueary needs to be prosecuted to the full extent the law allows. The fact he didn't go in the shower and kick the living fuck out of the pedaphile is unimaginable. I can't imagine an adult seeing this and not acting on it.

2nd... Mikes father is a sick fuck to do nothing about it. Fer christ sake, you have a son even. How do you not feel some responsibility to take action....?

3rd... Joe Paterno has no excuse for not taking immediate action...... NONE. That is a ZERO tolerance crime. It was 2002 not 1962. The school did the right thing by firing Paterno and the students should be ashamed of themselves for how they've acted through the night. Legally Paterno did the right thing by going thru chain of command, but with that said He should be ashamed of himself for not personally chopping down that tree and burning it, when he saw nothing being done. You have to ask yourself, what kind of a person doesn't act on this, what kind of educator of young people doesn't act on this. He's not the man he portrayed himself to be. Everything he's done over the last 60+ yrs as an educator is forever tarnished. His reputation as a good man is also forever tarnished.

Lastly... Any adult that had knowledge of these act's needs to be dealt with harshly.
This is just my opinion, based on the information available and if the information is credible.
|
Shiftfaced
11/10/2011 7:46am
Clutchy,
I agree with most everything you say, but I have a tough time holding Joe so close to the fire.

NONE of us really know what Joe knew about it. From what I heard today, McCready told Joe "I saw some "horsing around".

Only McCready knows what he saw, and we have no idea what McCready told Joe about what he saw.

I cannot fathom KNOWING that pedophelia was going on, and doing NOTHING about it. The only way I can see Joe not doing the RIGHT THING (based on his 61+ year record) was that he truly did not know the extent of it.

Until all of the facts come out, I am going to assume that Joe was not fully aware.
Clutchy
11/10/2011 8:18am
Shiftfaced wrote:
Clutchy, I agree with most everything you say, but I have a tough time holding Joe so close to the fire. NONE of us really know...
Clutchy,
I agree with most everything you say, but I have a tough time holding Joe so close to the fire.

NONE of us really know what Joe knew about it. From what I heard today, McCready told Joe "I saw some "horsing around".

Only McCready knows what he saw, and we have no idea what McCready told Joe about what he saw.

I cannot fathom KNOWING that pedophelia was going on, and doing NOTHING about it. The only way I can see Joe not doing the RIGHT THING (based on his 61+ year record) was that he truly did not know the extent of it.

Until all of the facts come out, I am going to assume that Joe was not fully aware.
I would like to think the same, believe me I would.

All I would need to hear was " Naked man in shower with child at 9:30 pm in locker room " and I'd be like.... Ruh Roh ( like scooby do )... Like I said its 2002 not 1962. It's what just makes it so hard to have any faith in anyone in the public eye or you're neighbor for that matter.

I think when the facts start coming out, its going to be a mess.
vet323
11/10/2011 8:36am
Clutchy wrote:
I've been a fan of Penn state since Matt Millen played there. Loved how " Joepa " ran his teams and what they seem to stand...
I've been a fan of Penn state since Matt Millen played there. Loved how " Joepa " ran his teams and what they seem to stand for.

But, 1st.... Mike McQueary needs to be prosecuted to the full extent the law allows. The fact he didn't go in the shower and kick the living fuck out of the pedaphile is unimaginable. I can't imagine an adult seeing this and not acting on it.

2nd... Mikes father is a sick fuck to do nothing about it. Fer christ sake, you have a son even. How do you not feel some responsibility to take action....?

3rd... Joe Paterno has no excuse for not taking immediate action...... NONE. That is a ZERO tolerance crime. It was 2002 not 1962. The school did the right thing by firing Paterno and the students should be ashamed of themselves for how they've acted through the night. Legally Paterno did the right thing by going thru chain of command, but with that said He should be ashamed of himself for not personally chopping down that tree and burning it, when he saw nothing being done. You have to ask yourself, what kind of a person doesn't act on this, what kind of educator of young people doesn't act on this. He's not the man he portrayed himself to be. Everything he's done over the last 60+ yrs as an educator is forever tarnished. His reputation as a good man is also forever tarnished.

Lastly... Any adult that had knowledge of these act's needs to be dealt with harshly.
This is just my opinion, based on the information available and if the information is credible.
I agree with most all of this. How that GA didn't go into that shower and put an immediate end to what was going on is a total mystery. How do you NOT do anything?

Unbelievable.
WORCSRacer
11/10/2011 8:48am
This whole Penn State deal has only just begun to unfold. If anyone seriously thinks paterno didn't know about this or know what is going on I suggest you pull your head out of your ass and take a whiff of fresh air.

The real story here is how Paterno is continuing to ONLY think of his pathetic wrinkly ass. Watch the video of him outside his house last night. WTF he's pissed because he was fired by phone! IMO he should be amazed no one is coming at him with a pitch fork. Is he really surprised that people question his integrity when for ten years he has let a pedophile use his facility? Does anyone at Penn state really even yet grasp just how damning this is? Uneffin believable.

The Shop

Clutchy
11/10/2011 8:55am
WORCSRacer wrote:
This whole Penn State deal has only just begun to unfold. If anyone seriously thinks paterno didn't know about this or know what is going on...
This whole Penn State deal has only just begun to unfold. If anyone seriously thinks paterno didn't know about this or know what is going on I suggest you pull your head out of your ass and take a whiff of fresh air.

The real story here is how Paterno is continuing to ONLY think of his pathetic wrinkly ass. Watch the video of him outside his house last night. WTF he's pissed because he was fired by phone! IMO he should be amazed no one is coming at him with a pitch fork. Is he really surprised that people question his integrity when for ten years he has let a pedophile use his facility? Does anyone at Penn state really even yet grasp just how damning this is? Uneffin believable.
The students can't see the forest for the trees............... Young and dumb, yes sir that's our college educated right there that is.
txmxer
11/10/2011 8:58am
He knew starting in 1998--why do you think Sandusky retired in '99?

I did respect JoPa, but he's lost any measure of respect I could give him. I'm sure he regrets not acting and believed at the time he was doing the right thing for Penn St, but he failed. This is a one and done no options failure.
SethGator
11/10/2011 9:02am
Joe Pa wasn't an "educator" he was just a football coach.
B DUB 333
11/10/2011 9:02am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2011 9:03am
WORCSRacer wrote:
This whole Penn State deal has only just begun to unfold. If anyone seriously thinks paterno didn't know about this or know what is going on...

Clutchy wrote:
The students can't see the forest for the trees............... Young and dumb, yes sir that's our college educated right there that is.
Clutchy's on fire. I have an 8 yo boy and I would kill the fuckers WORCS is 100% correct also
Fantasy
4342nd
11/10/2011 9:04am
I almost feel bad for Paterno, but they had to make a statement. He needed to go.
WORCSRacer
11/10/2011 9:08am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2011 9:11am
txmxer wrote:
He knew starting in 1998--why do you think Sandusky retired in '99? I did respect JoPa, but he's lost any measure of respect I could give...
He knew starting in 1998--why do you think Sandusky retired in '99?

I did respect JoPa, but he's lost any measure of respect I could give him. I'm sure he regrets not acting and believed at the time he was doing the right thing for Penn St, but he failed. This is a one and done no options failure.
Like I said this thing hasn't even begun to play out... There's also the dead DA that no one can account for, yet.

I figure Paterno is dead inside of a month. Either his own bullet or a heart attack but the truth coming out will kill him. He'll rot in hell for this.
Shiftfaced
11/10/2011 9:41am
We should just PICTCHFORK Paterno!

I mean, he is not the actual pedofile, but who cares!

He was not the person who walked in and witnessed it, but who cares!

He ran it up the flagpole when McCready told him about it, but who cares!

LETS GET THIS MOB UP AND DO SOME PITCHFORKING!!!
Shiftfaced
11/10/2011 10:07am
The point I am trying to make is that Paterno is not the perp.

Everything that I am reading is about Paterno, and nobody seems to care about Sandusky, the guy actually responsible.
tbanks
11/10/2011 10:21am
^^^This
Shiftfaced
11/10/2011 10:21am
REALLY?!?!?!?

That blows me away!

The guy who actually did it is no more guilty than the guy who walked in and saw it, and is no more guilty than the "supervisor" who witnessed nothing?

Wow.
Sondy132001
11/10/2011 10:25am
Shiftfaced wrote:
The point I am trying to make is that Paterno is not the perp. Everything that I am reading is about Paterno, and nobody seems to...

Everything that I am reading is about Paterno, and nobody seems to care about Sandusky, the guy actually responsible.
Not doing enough is just the same, those boys (kids) will never be the same and that bloody man could have stopped years of abuse...trust me I know a few people abused myself included !

S
Clutchy
11/10/2011 10:32am
Shiftfaced wrote:
The point I am trying to make is that Paterno is not the perp. Everything that I am reading is about Paterno, and nobody seems to...

Okay... So then let me say this about Sandusky.....

1st... I hope he gets back 100 fold what he dished out once his "ass" hits prison......

2nd....Because it was also taking advantage of disadvantaged kids under the cloak of their savior and roll of mentor.. I hope he dies a painful death at the hands of someone that's already serving life and hates pedaphile's. fuck him and his soul and may he be damned to hell, were the devil rapes his soul.......!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I thought it was implied................Dry
PD441
11/10/2011 10:44am
How about the fact that Mike McQuery, the one who witnessed the rape in the shower and failed to help the child at the time and also failed to alert law enforcement, is still on the Penn State coaching staff?

WTF!?!
11/10/2011 10:56am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2011 10:57am
In 1998 University Police investigated claims that Sandusky had engaged in inappropriate sexual conduct in the football facilities showers with more than 1 boy (at least 6 victims)...Sandusky admitted to showering with victim 6, hugging him, and later admitted that it was wrong.

In 1999 Sandusky (surprisingly) retired from coaching, despite being JoePas expected successor. When asked about why he would retire Sandusky noted that he wanted to spend more time with his charity (the Second Mile).

Okay, so after piecing the facts together it looks to me like Sandusky may have actually left because of everything that happened in 1998. Either way, when everything in 2002 went down with McQueary discovering Sandusky and the young boy in the shower, shouldn't that have caused more action by Paterno when the AD didn't do anything after he told him the first time?

They tried to sweep it under the rug to "protect the schools Legacy"...
txmxer
11/10/2011 11:28am
Shiftfaced wrote:

Clutchy wrote:
Okay... So then let me say this about Sandusky..... 1st... I hope he gets back 100 fold what he dished out once his "ass" hits prison...
Okay... So then let me say this about Sandusky.....

1st... I hope he gets back 100 fold what he dished out once his "ass" hits prison......

2nd....Because it was also taking advantage of disadvantaged kids under the cloak of their savior and roll of mentor.. I hope he dies a painful death at the hands of someone that's already serving life and hates pedaphile's. fuck him and his soul and may he be damned to hell, were the devil rapes his soul.......!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I thought it was implied................Dry
Exactly, there's no debate about what Sandusky did and how guilty he is.

There is debate about the actions of others that were apparently aware of the situation and took no action.

All those people put their loyalty to Penn St. and possibly Sandusky ahead of the welfare of the molested boys (apparently).
Hut
11/10/2011 11:57am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2011 11:58am
http://tracking.si.com/2011/11/10/mike-mcqueary-will-coach-for-penn-sta…

Looks likes Mcqueary will indeed be coaching. I know the investigation is still going on but NO way he should be out there if he witnessed and walked away from a 10 year old being raped by Sandusky. Sounds like he reported it to Paterno then hush hush...
vet323
11/10/2011 12:57pm
Hut wrote:
http://tracking.si.com/2011/11/10/mike-mcqueary-will-coach-for-penn-state-this-weekend-against-nebraska/ Looks likes Mcqueary will indeed be coaching. I know the investigation is still going on but NO way he should be out there if he...
http://tracking.si.com/2011/11/10/mike-mcqueary-will-coach-for-penn-sta…

Looks likes Mcqueary will indeed be coaching. I know the investigation is still going on but NO way he should be out there if he witnessed and walked away from a 10 year old being raped by Sandusky. Sounds like he reported it to Paterno then hush hush...
Can you imagine the crap that will be tossed on his head as he comes running out on the field to a chorus of boos?

He didn't have the balls to do the right thing for that little boy, he should try to find the balls to quit his job.
11/10/2011 2:46pm
Here's how I see it.

If JoePa wouldn't of told the university he would be crucified for NOT TELLING anyone.

But that's not what happened.

He told the university. So now he's in trouble for not doing more?

I'm not sure what he's expected to do.
PD441
11/10/2011 3:07pm
TripleFive wrote:
Here's how I see it. If JoePa wouldn't of told the university he would be crucified for NOT TELLING anyone. But that's not what happened. He...
Here's how I see it.

If JoePa wouldn't of told the university he would be crucified for NOT TELLING anyone.

Well, for starters, how about notifying law enforcement? Statutory rape IS illegal. He should have known something wasn't right when nothing more came of it.

Yes, it would have probably been detrimental to the Penn State football program but in hindsight, it probably wouldn't have been nearly as devastating to it as this. The football program is obviously above all else to these morons.
Hut
11/10/2011 3:38pm
TripleFive wrote:
Here's how I see it. If JoePa wouldn't of told the university he would be crucified for NOT TELLING anyone. But that's not what happened. He...
Here's how I see it.

Years and years of him continuing to rape young boys after him reporting it to the bosses should scream out to you that was clearly not enough. Mcqueary is just as bad as Paterno

PSU scandal stirs debate over abuse reporting laws
"In more than 40 states, the prevailing policy is that such reports must be made to police or child-protection authorities swiftly and directly, with no option for delegating the task to others and then not following through."
SteveS
11/10/2011 3:53pm
I checked Pennsylvania's mandated reporting law. A University and its football employees would not be mandated reporters. Here's the statute. Note that it states that reporting is mandated if the person is either a licensed professional (health) or staff member of a school or agency who come into contact with children in the practice of their profession, and the child who has been abused comes before them in their professional or official capacity.

A university football program doesn't deal with children. College students are viewed as adults under the law. In addition, the child in question never came before Paterno. That's why even the state attorney said that Paterno didn't violate any law by not reporting that a graduate student told him he had seen something.

To me the real issue comes to the graduate student who claims to have witnessed sexual abuse. Regardless of his position as a student or an employee, regardless of chain of command, HE is the only one who saw something going on, and as just a person, not a football program, not a university employee, just as a person, is the one who could have done the most to stop the situation by making at the very least an anonymous report to the child abuse hotline. A call to the police would have been better, and doing something to stop the assault in progress the best. But even he is not mandated by law to report it to the law enforcement authorities.

(a) General rule. Under 23 Pa.C.S. § 6311 (relating to persons required to report suspected child abuse), licensees who, in the course of the employment, occupation or practice of their profession, come into contact with children shall report or cause a report to be made to the Department of Public Welfare when they have reasonable cause to suspect on the basis of their professional or other training or experience, that a child coming before them in their professional or official capacity is a victim of child abuse.

(b) Staff members of public or private agencies, institutions and facilities. Licensees who are staff members of a medical or other public or private institution, school, facility or agency, and who, in the course of their employment, occupation or practice of their profession, come into contact with children shall immediately notify the person in charge of the institution, school facility or agency or the designated agent of the person in charge when they have reasonable cause to suspect on the basis of their professional or other training or experience, that a child coming before them in their professional or official capacity is a victim of child abuse. Upon notification by the licensee, the person in charge or the designated agent shall assume the responsibility and have the legal obligation to report or cause a report to be made in accordance with subsections (a), (c) and (d).

In reality, the witnessing of a crime by a citizen ought to result in their reporting it, regardless of whether they know the perpetrator or the victim or not. What if the alleged assault happened out in the parking lot behind the bushes and he saw it there, and didn't know the perpetrator? That's the analogous situation. But there is no legal obligation to report a crime.
Clutchy
11/10/2011 3:53pm
TripleFive wrote:
Here's how I see it.

Wow..... No words for the depth of your
Clutchy
11/10/2011 3:57pm
Penn State Scandal: Jerry Sandusky Rumored To Have 'Pimped' Boys To Donors: REPORT

Penn State Scandal: Jerry Sandusky Rumored To Have 'Pimped' Boys To Donors: REPORT
The Huffington Post Chris Greenberg

In the frenzied hours after the Penn State Board of Trustees announced that Joe Paterno was being relieved of his duties as football coach effective immediately, students in State College took to the streets in support of the former coach while college football analysts around the country sought to place his fall from grace in perspective.

Several hours earlier, Paterno had issued an independent statement, revealing his own intention to retire after the season. Clearly, the Board of Trustees felt Paterno needed to go sooner for his complicity in -- or, at least, his indifference toward -- the heinous sexual assaults allegedly committed by former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

With Paterno's career having come to a sudden, inglorious conclusion and Beaver Canyon overrun with students, some whom flipped two television news trucks, it seemed that Penn State had reached its nadir.

Perhaps not.

Shockingly, there are reports that even more depraved details about the sexual crimes allegedly committed by Sandusky will be revealed in the coming days. As the quasi-riots shook the Penn State campus late Wednesday evening and early Thursday morning, SportsByBrooks began tweeting ominous messages about allegations that have yet to become public.

Several hours after these SportsByBrooks tweets, Pittsburgh radio host Mark Madden appeared on The Dennis and Callahan Show on WEEI in Boston and shared what he believes those allegations to be.

"I can give you a rumor and I can give you something I think might happen," Madden said on the radio. "I hear there's a rumor that there will be a more shocking development from the Second Mile Foundation -- and hold on to your stomachs, boys, this is gross, I will use the only language I can -- that Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors. That was being investigated by two prominent columnists even as I speak."
Madden has been following the Sandusky case long before the former coach's alleged sex crimes against young boys became widely known several days ago. In April, Madden authored an article for the Beaver County Times positing that Sandusky's sex crimes had been swept under the rug by Penn State in the late 1990s in exchange for his quiet resignation.

"The other thing I think that may eventually become uncovered, and I talked about this in my original article back in April, is that I think they'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told that he had to retire in exchange for a cover-up," said Madden during his Thursday morning radio appearance. "If you look at the timeline, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
If the allegations that Madden is making are indeed the same ones foreshadowed by Brooks and they turn out to be true then this entire scandal will continue to metastasize and the firing of Paterno will only be the beginning.
Hut
11/10/2011 4:03pm
SteveS wrote:
I checked Pennsylvania's mandated reporting law. A University and its football employees would not be mandated reporters. Here's the statute. Note that it states that reporting...
I checked Pennsylvania's mandated reporting law. A University and its football employees would not be mandated reporters. Here's the statute. Note that it states that reporting is mandated if the person is either a licensed professional (health) or staff member of a school or agency who come into contact with children in the practice of their profession, and the child who has been abused comes before them in their professional or official capacity.

A university football program doesn't deal with children. College students are viewed as adults under the law. In addition, the child in question never came before Paterno. That's why even the state attorney said that Paterno didn't violate any law by not reporting that a graduate student told him he had seen something.

To me the real issue comes to the graduate student who claims to have witnessed sexual abuse. Regardless of his position as a student or an employee, regardless of chain of command, HE is the only one who saw something going on, and as just a person, not a football program, not a university employee, just as a person, is the one who could have done the most to stop the situation by making at the very least an anonymous report to the child abuse hotline. A call to the police would have been better, and doing something to stop the assault in progress the best. But even he is not mandated by law to report it to the law enforcement authorities.

(a) General rule. Under 23 Pa.C.S. § 6311 (relating to persons required to report suspected child abuse), licensees who, in the course of the employment, occupation or practice of their profession, come into contact with children shall report or cause a report to be made to the Department of Public Welfare when they have reasonable cause to suspect on the basis of their professional or other training or experience, that a child coming before them in their professional or official capacity is a victim of child abuse.

(b) Staff members of public or private agencies, institutions and facilities. Licensees who are staff members of a medical or other public or private institution, school, facility or agency, and who, in the course of their employment, occupation or practice of their profession, come into contact with children shall immediately notify the person in charge of the institution, school facility or agency or the designated agent of the person in charge when they have reasonable cause to suspect on the basis of their professional or other training or experience, that a child coming before them in their professional or official capacity is a victim of child abuse. Upon notification by the licensee, the person in charge or the designated agent shall assume the responsibility and have the legal obligation to report or cause a report to be made in accordance with subsections (a), (c) and (d).

In reality, the witnessing of a crime by a citizen ought to result in their reporting it, regardless of whether they know the perpetrator or the victim or not. What if the alleged assault happened out in the parking lot behind the bushes and he saw it there, and didn't know the perpetrator? That's the analogous situation. But there is no legal obligation to report a crime.
A legal loophole maybe but clearly morally wrong of them to do nothing.
SteveS
11/10/2011 4:07pm
Again, I am not saying they shouldn't have done something. But for those who've said that Paterno should be jailed for not having reported it himself, well, you have to break a law to be tried and convicted.

And it's curious that the person who actually witnessed the alleged abuse but didn't tell law enforcement is still employed at Penn State in the football program--probably getting a promotion now.
Sondy132001
11/10/2011 4:10pm
SteveS wrote:
Again, I am not saying they shouldn't have done something. But for those who've said that Paterno should be jailed for not having reported it himself...
Again, I am not saying they shouldn't have done something. But for those who've said that Paterno should be jailed for not having reported it himself, well, you have to break a law to be tried and convicted.

And it's curious that the person who actually witnessed the alleged abuse but didn't tell law enforcement is still employed at Penn State in the football program--probably getting a promotion now.
I never said he should be jailed, and maybe someone did above but I didn't notice, I just think he got his just reward, you reap what you sow, he deserved to be fired, plain and simple.

S

Post a reply to: Paterno fired.... What a waste.

The Latest