Partisanship

SEEMEFIRST
6/14/2022 4:59pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Don't forget Obama, he's still in charge you know.Cool
Brad460 wrote:
Obama came to my company while he was POTUS and gave a speech. He was so good at connecting with people. Even if you didn’t agree...
Obama came to my company while he was POTUS and gave a speech. He was so good at connecting with people. Even if you didn’t agree with his policies you still respected him as president...Was a great experience and I was able to shake his hand. This all changed when Dems lost to Trump and they became vengeful losers (fake Russia collusion..etc..etc)..

Remember the same people who got Obama elected got Trump elected, but were suddenly racist for doing so..

KennyT wrote:
I’m a Republican but I always liked Obama. Of course I did not agree with all of his policies but I could listen to the guy...
I’m a Republican but I always liked Obama. Of course I did not agree with all of his policies but I could listen to the guy and respect him as a President. Obama part 2 , not so much.

One thing is I’m pretty sure 99.99% of us would get along great if we ran into each other at a race
Yeah, I don't know.
If you ask my wife, I'm kind of an asshole, but I can brew good beer, so perhaps we would find a way to get along. Laughing
ns503
7/28/2022 10:03am
In the bumping mood today.

Whistling
IanMac138
7/28/2022 5:02pm
lestat wrote:
Partisanship is all the fault of the dems !

LMFAO …. Unfuckingbelievable . You lot are a lost cause .
Brad460 wrote:
You got to admit there is no bias in my post- I am stating the actual situation today. I am very fortunate to live in a...
You got to admit there is no bias in my post- I am stating the actual situation today.

I am very fortunate to live in a conservative community- again, it’s safe, has low taxes, excellent schools, very low crime.

I can assure you, come visit and you will see exactly what I am talking about.
I live in a very progressive/liberal county that ISN'T Portland, full of farmers, country folk, mom and pop shops you name it...Although it's overwhelmingly a "blue" county it is safe, has the best schools in the entire state, neighbors say hello to each other and look out for eachother...so your ignorant argument is narrow, blind in scope and exactly what this original post was about. And last time I checked, books were being banned in conservative districts all across the country...so much for freedom, huh?

The Shop

IanMac138
7/28/2022 5:09pm
Here's someone who might ruffle some feathers, but the man has conviction, courage and fights for the common man...9/11 workers and now veterans. We should all meet in the middle and shake hands after watching this...
because he's absolutely 1000% right...

IanMac138
7/28/2022 6:31pm
The party who absolutely lose their shit when people kneel during the national anthem because it “disrespects the troops” and "the flag" just blocked health care for veterans with cancer? Really?

After getting 84 votes in the Senate less than 2 months ago, the Senate Republicans blocked the PACT Act after it was revoted on to correct a minor, non-consequential error in the text of the original bill.

3.5 million burn pit and Agent Orange veterans who could have received access to health care were just totally fucked over by Republican Senators. All this comes a day after Manchin changed course to support a climate bill that included lowering prescription drug prices, putting a cap on oil companies charging excessive prices at the pump despite oil barrel prices dropping dramatically, and policy enactments to combat global inflation...simply just to punish. Craven immoral motherfuckers.

Forward Party. Let's go.
Titan1
7/28/2022 7:08pm
IanMac138 wrote:
The party who absolutely lose their shit when people kneel during the national anthem because it “disrespects the troops” and "the flag" just blocked health care...
The party who absolutely lose their shit when people kneel during the national anthem because it “disrespects the troops” and "the flag" just blocked health care for veterans with cancer? Really?

After getting 84 votes in the Senate less than 2 months ago, the Senate Republicans blocked the PACT Act after it was revoted on to correct a minor, non-consequential error in the text of the original bill.

3.5 million burn pit and Agent Orange veterans who could have received access to health care were just totally fucked over by Republican Senators. All this comes a day after Manchin changed course to support a climate bill that included lowering prescription drug prices, putting a cap on oil companies charging excessive prices at the pump despite oil barrel prices dropping dramatically, and policy enactments to combat global inflation...simply just to punish. Craven immoral motherfuckers.

Forward Party. Let's go.
If I were in congress…seeing Prescription drug prices in a climate bill is all that Id need to know to vote “no,” so I’d support anyone that did,

I’m so sick of these bills with names like “save the children act” which also includes a ton of pork and other partisan BS agenda items…so when the other party doesn’t vote for it, on Election Day they get to say that their opponent voted against saving the children, and he/she is “craven” and “iimmoral”….

Such stupid political garbage….
MO 23
7/28/2022 7:41pm
Anyone that thinks “it’s only the other side” that contributes to the hyper partisan world we live in these days.
Well then I am sorry, but those people are the problem.
Both sides of the argument contribute, both sides have strong points and weak points.
Most level headed people should be able to identify issues and policies on both sides that they agree and disagree with.
Surely there is not any party the world over that perfectly mirrors every one of your beliefs and priorities.

People need to stop supporting political parties like they do football teams.
SEEMEFIRST
7/28/2022 8:28pm
IanMac138 wrote:
The party who absolutely lose their shit when people kneel during the national anthem because it “disrespects the troops” and "the flag" just blocked health care...

Forward Party. Let's go.
Seen the new 3/4 trillion deal?

Any of that make sense during a down turn in the economy?
SEEMEFIRST
7/28/2022 8:30pm
I realize that Biden isn't a phlebotomist, but damn bro, your people are sucking.
IanMac138
7/28/2022 10:52pm
"My people"...there we go again. Just like throwing out who is a "rEal AmEriCan!" I can hardly stand either political party, and can't wait to have a new and legitimate party that begins to take away both Republicans and Democrats idiotic approach to governing. But for now, I just see how fucking nuts the Republican Party has become since in the past 6 years. They've let the craziest of the crazies take over and it's terrifying which leads me no choice but to fight against their perverted obsession with a single man and doing political carnival barking to rile up their base, who they give ZERO fucks about. Z.E.R.O. Lincoln himself in todays GOP would be considered a "RINO" or "UnAmerican". It's just unreal to me that the smoke screen they've launched on their base is working, when it's not THAT hard to see right through it all.

And yeah, I've seen the new bill. Some things suck in it. A lot of what's in it doesn't. It's still far and away better than the $2 Trillion dollar tax cut given overwhelmingly to the top 1% passed 4 years ago. But no conservative was up and arms about that.

Both parties need a complete and total overhaul. Start with the Republican Party first, and I'll gladly help dismantle the Democratic Party and then go after the corporate greed and lobbyists who have bought BOTH parties with no regard to the average working class American wether they're in a blue or red state. God Speed.
tuggy450
7/28/2022 11:38pm
There is only a 400 Billion dollar discrepancy of some questionably related budgetary gimmick.

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.) said on the Senate floor that he didn’t support the bill because it would create $400 billion in unrelated spending, which he called a “budgetary gimmick.”

“My concern about this bill has nothing to do with the purpose of the bill,” Toomey said. “This budgetary gimmick is so unrelated to the actual veterans issue that has to do with burn pits, that it’s not even in the House version of this bill.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vbxSgLMPI

7I3N
7/29/2022 6:55am
If you don't know who "them" is, you're part of the problem.

Titan1
7/29/2022 7:48am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2022 9:05am
IanMac138 wrote:
"My people"...there we go again. Just like throwing out who is a "rEal AmEriCan!" I can hardly stand either political party, and can't wait to have...
"My people"...there we go again. Just like throwing out who is a "rEal AmEriCan!" I can hardly stand either political party, and can't wait to have a new and legitimate party that begins to take away both Republicans and Democrats idiotic approach to governing. But for now, I just see how fucking nuts the Republican Party has become since in the past 6 years. They've let the craziest of the crazies take over and it's terrifying which leads me no choice but to fight against their perverted obsession with a single man and doing political carnival barking to rile up their base, who they give ZERO fucks about. Z.E.R.O. Lincoln himself in todays GOP would be considered a "RINO" or "UnAmerican". It's just unreal to me that the smoke screen they've launched on their base is working, when it's not THAT hard to see right through it all.

And yeah, I've seen the new bill. Some things suck in it. A lot of what's in it doesn't. It's still far and away better than the $2 Trillion dollar tax cut given overwhelmingly to the top 1% passed 4 years ago. But no conservative was up and arms about that.

Both parties need a complete and total overhaul. Start with the Republican Party first, and I'll gladly help dismantle the Democratic Party and then go after the corporate greed and lobbyists who have bought BOTH parties with no regard to the average working class American wether they're in a blue or red state. God Speed.
The problem with these pork and partisan BS bills is that as long as people keep voting for them, they will keep happening...Justifying a BS political bill like this because it does "some good things" is perpetuating the problem in DC. So your defense of this bill (and others like it) is part of the problem you so vehemently appear to be decrying.

Long story short...you're a walking contradiction..."I hate partisan politics, both sides suck" on one hand...while on the other "shame on this congressperson for not voting for this very partisan bill, and this bill is better than the one the other side passed" on the other hand.

You can't eliminate partisanship with partisanship...."start with the republicans" doesn't eliminate partisanship, it magnifies it.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
8/5/2022 10:29am
lestat wrote:
Partisanship is all the fault of the dems !

LMFAO …. Unfuckingbelievable . You lot are a lost cause .
Brad460 wrote:
You got to admit there is no bias in my post- I am stating the actual situation today. I am very fortunate to live in a...
You got to admit there is no bias in my post- I am stating the actual situation today.

I am very fortunate to live in a conservative community- again, it’s safe, has low taxes, excellent schools, very low crime.

I can assure you, come visit and you will see exactly what I am talking about.
IanMac138 wrote:
I live in a very progressive/liberal county that ISN'T Portland, full of farmers, country folk, mom and pop shops you name it...Although it's overwhelmingly a "blue"...
I live in a very progressive/liberal county that ISN'T Portland, full of farmers, country folk, mom and pop shops you name it...Although it's overwhelmingly a "blue" county it is safe, has the best schools in the entire state, neighbors say hello to each other and look out for eachother...so your ignorant argument is narrow, blind in scope and exactly what this original post was about. And last time I checked, books were being banned in conservative districts all across the country...so much for freedom, huh?
So you live in the exception? But in all seriousness. Most rural county people live entirely differently. They know their neighbors and want to help when their neighbors need help. The thought of helping people actually makes people feel good. It's when you get to urban areas that you have a lot of people that don't help themselves and the liberals want to "take away" from those that "don't need it" to give it to those that "need It". Then comes the disagreements. People don't like things being taken away from them. Especially when they worked very hard to get what they have. Should the guy who worked every weekend to get ahead have to give part of what he has to the guy that went and played softball every evening and weekend and had good times?
Just today I read that Los Angeles City Council is going to vote on an initiative to "force" hotels to house homeless people in their vacant rooms. They'll have to report by 2:00 every day their vacancy so homeless people can be sent there. Yup, that's the hotel I want to stay at.
TM
LungButter
8/5/2022 12:06pm
MO 23 wrote:
Anyone that thinks “it’s only the other side” that contributes to the hyper partisan world we live in these days. Well then I am sorry, but...
Anyone that thinks “it’s only the other side” that contributes to the hyper partisan world we live in these days.
Well then I am sorry, but those people are the problem.
Both sides of the argument contribute, both sides have strong points and weak points.
Most level headed people should be able to identify issues and policies on both sides that they agree and disagree with.
Surely there is not any party the world over that perfectly mirrors every one of your beliefs and priorities.

People need to stop supporting political parties like they do football teams.
Preach it brother!

My thoughts are if the 5% most extreme from both sides just disappeared....the rest of us would be a HELL of a lot better off!

Post a reply to: Partisanship

The Latest