Partisanship

ns503
Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 12:06pm
Is going to be the downfall of our 'civilized' world. Don't need to look further than around this place - I can see why Gibby put the clamps on political talk. 'The other side sucks'. Save that for Dilla. And have the nads to realize and admit that maybe just maybe - right now, we suck. Or, our guy sucks. Or, that's not a bad idea that other guy has, why didn't our guy think of that.

DT messed up. JB is messing up. Heck we got JT and he's sure not a bright light. But, who's next? Are you going to vote for the next turd that comes along simply because he's your partys guy?

Everyone needs to move to the middle and look both ways.

Now where can a fella get another drink around this joint... Evil
|
SEE ARE125
6/10/2022 5:42pm
You can thank social media. It’s algorithms have divided people. You like a post or meme about the blue team? Boom, you start being spoonfed more pro-blue team stuff. Like something about the red team? You’re fed more pro-red team content. Pretty soon the blue and red teams are pushed so far apart they aren’t even on the same field anymore. The “groups” and algorithms were designed to bring like minded people who share common interests together, but what it’s done is segregate everyone into groups of nothing more than an echo chamber that slowly, over years, brainwashes people into despising anyone and everyone who isn’t on “their team.”

So now we can’t go riding just because we both like motorcycles. You ride a Yamaha and I ride a Honda. My social media feed is nothing but memes bashing Yamaha riders and pro-Honda content, so unless you get a Honda we can’t be friends anymore because I’ve been conditioned to despise Yamaha riders….

I’m gonna go now, there’s some kids on my lawn that need yelling at.
lestat
6/10/2022 5:55pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
You can thank social media. It’s algorithms have divided people. You like a post or meme about the blue team? Boom, you start being spoonfed more...
You can thank social media. It’s algorithms have divided people. You like a post or meme about the blue team? Boom, you start being spoonfed more pro-blue team stuff. Like something about the red team? You’re fed more pro-red team content. Pretty soon the blue and red teams are pushed so far apart they aren’t even on the same field anymore. The “groups” and algorithms were designed to bring like minded people who share common interests together, but what it’s done is segregate everyone into groups of nothing more than an echo chamber that slowly, over years, brainwashes people into despising anyone and everyone who isn’t on “their team.”

So now we can’t go riding just because we both like motorcycles. You ride a Yamaha and I ride a Honda. My social media feed is nothing but memes bashing Yamaha riders and pro-Honda content, so unless you get a Honda we can’t be friends anymore because I’ve been conditioned to despise Yamaha riders….

You have identified a huge source of the division . Not the only one , but a big one . What machine learning discovered was that the trick to getting people to interact more with social media , is to get them agitated against a perceived common ‘enemy’ . Happy people interact less . Social media’s success is based on the worst traits of humanity … some might say …
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
6/10/2022 8:19pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
You can thank social media. It’s algorithms have divided people. You like a post or meme about the blue team? Boom, you start being spoonfed more...

Nailed it.
Social media and cable news with extreme bias has created extremists.
If everyone would move slightly more towards the middle the country would be much better off.
This is a refreshing thread, so far…

The Shop

Joey_Bridges
6/11/2022 4:14am
Funny, I've held the same political, economic and social views long before cable news came around.
And certainly before the internet.

They developed from successfully functioning in a free market, capitalist country.
Where, unemployment compensation and welfare checks were not even in the thought process.

Now we have half the country thinking that government handouts, and assistance for everything in life, is something that they are entitled to receiving.

My personal views used to be considered, middle ground, for the majority of Americans.
Not right wing extremists.

If you don't think cable news, the internet, and politicians aren't in the brainwashing business after that bullshit show trial last Thursday night, where pretty much every major television network force fed you chinese style propaganda,
Then you're a huge part of the problem.
philG
6/11/2022 5:20am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Nailed it. Social media and cable news with extreme bias has created extremists. If everyone would move slightly more towards the middle the country would be...
Nailed it.
Social media and cable news with extreme bias has created extremists.
If everyone would move slightly more towards the middle the country would be much better off.
This is a refreshing thread, so far…
But extremism is defi ed by the media, and all of that os controlled by the same people.

However, there are enough people out there who know how to spot the truth, and who is pedalling lies for profit.

As with most things, Occams Razor applies, the most obvious answer is usually correct, and when you take into account where we are today and why, it isnt hard to see who was looking after the country's interests and who isnt. And its always the same

That $8 a gallon gas looks a great deal for no mean

Food , fuel and energy shortages should never happen in a country that that has the ability to be self sustaining, buy here you are, and some of you are cheering for it.

And every day someone something else happens to confirm what we all saw at 3am on election night.

Its like watching Trading Places, except Soros and Zuvkerbucks had $1 bet they could get Sleepy Joe elected. Just to piss Hillary off even more.

And the media is silent.

TXDirt
6/11/2022 5:24am
All I want from the media on the Kavanaugh assassination attempt, is the same treatment it would be given if the target was Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, or even had been Ruth Bader Ginsburg -- but no. If any of those justices had been targerted, it would have been reported as our nation's greatest threat to democracy, but the left has their greatest threat to democracy -- Jan 6 -- when some people broke into the Capital building and walked around for a while.
philG
6/11/2022 6:07am
TXDirt wrote:
All I want from the media on the Kavanaugh assassination attempt, is the same treatment it would be given if the target was Sonia Sotomayor, Elena...
All I want from the media on the Kavanaugh assassination attempt, is the same treatment it would be given if the target was Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, or even had been Ruth Bader Ginsburg -- but no. If any of those justices had been targerted, it would have been reported as our nation's greatest threat to democracy, but the left has their greatest threat to democracy -- Jan 6 -- when some people broke into the Capital building and walked around for a while.
And stayed inside the ropes.
lestat
6/11/2022 7:40am
Well … it was a good try ns503 . Thread skimmed the first few whoops nicely … then endoed heavily 🤣 . Whatcha gonna do 🤷🏻‍♂️
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
6/11/2022 8:34am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2022 8:36am
The left has moved so far left they are no longer recognizable…this is apparent in their attack on personal freedoms and freedom of speech- ( the foundation of the left was built on these two things)..

The right has basically remain the same, except a shift to the left on certain issues (such as freedom, speech..etc).

The left was always known as a champion of the middle class, they have completely abandoned them and are now the party of the rich elites and folks who want government handouts..They happily seize assets from middle class folks protesting government overreach and their ability to make a living (Canada)..

Every city run by the left is overrun with crime, murder, poor schools, high taxes, homelessness..etc.

As someone who enjoy motocross, the left despises my type..they look down on us peasants living outside the city riding gas powered motorcycles, living in conservative communities with low taxes, low crime, great schools and lots of freedom!

Anyways, I think the partisanship is a result of folks seeing this crazy leftward shift of the left..toward dictatorship and government overreach..

lestat
6/11/2022 8:56am
Brad460 wrote:
The left has moved so far left they are no longer recognizable…this is apparent in their attack on personal freedoms and freedom of speech- ( the...
The left has moved so far left they are no longer recognizable…this is apparent in their attack on personal freedoms and freedom of speech- ( the foundation of the left was built on these two things)..

The right has basically remain the same, except a shift to the left on certain issues (such as freedom, speech..etc).

The left was always known as a champion of the middle class, they have completely abandoned them and are now the party of the rich elites and folks who want government handouts..They happily seize assets from middle class folks protesting government overreach and their ability to make a living (Canada)..

Every city run by the left is overrun with crime, murder, poor schools, high taxes, homelessness..etc.

As someone who enjoy motocross, the left despises my type..they look down on us peasants living outside the city riding gas powered motorcycles, living in conservative communities with low taxes, low crime, great schools and lots of freedom!

Anyways, I think the partisanship is a result of folks seeing this crazy leftward shift of the left..toward dictatorship and government overreach..

Partisanship is all the fault of the dems !

LMFAO …. Unfuckingbelievable . You lot are a lost cause .
BMSOBx2
6/11/2022 9:13am
lestat wrote:

Don't forget Obama, he's still in charge you know.Cool
SEE ARE125
6/11/2022 9:14am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2022 9:16am
The left and right used to share the same vision for America, they just disagreed on the best route to get there. Whether it was the interstate or the scenic route, the destination for both parties, and America, was relatively the same. Compromises could be made, detours taken, but both sides still moved forward in the same direction. For the past couple decades however, they don’t share the same vision America.
APLMAN99
6/11/2022 9:25am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
The left and right used to share the same vision for America, they just disagreed on the best route to get there. Whether it was the...
The left and right used to share the same vision for America, they just disagreed on the best route to get there. Whether it was the interstate or the scenic route, the destination for both parties, and America, was relatively the same. Compromises could be made, detours taken, but both sides still moved forward in the same direction. For the past couple decades however, they don’t share the same vision America.
I don’t really think that is accurate, but the past is often seen through rose colored glasses.

There has always been some deep divides over ideology and vision. The stances of various political parties have flip flopped several times and on different axes, but there has rarely been near unanimous views on what the country should ‘look like’.

My personal belief is that the chasms started growing wider and the silos grew deeper when guys like Rush Limbaugh realized that they could get rich by declaring an ‘enemy’, making the average person believe that this phantom enemy was pure evil, and shout that mantra over and over to make people falsely believe that they are victims.
Shawn142
6/11/2022 9:41am
Brad460 wrote:
The left has moved so far left they are no longer recognizable…this is apparent in their attack on personal freedoms and freedom of speech- ( the...

I think everything about your post defines partisanship and the inability to see the "other side" as actual people. De-humanizing your political opposite seems to be the cool new trend though.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
6/11/2022 10:08am
lestat wrote:

You got to admit there is no bias in my post- I am stating the actual situation today.

I am very fortunate to live in a conservative community- again, it’s safe, has low taxes, excellent schools, very low crime.

I can assure you, come visit and you will see exactly what I am talking about.
oldfart
6/11/2022 10:29am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2022 10:29am
lestat wrote:

Brad460 wrote:
You got to admit there is no bias in my post- I am stating the actual situation today. I am very fortunate to live in a...
You got to admit there is no bias in my post- I am stating the actual situation today.

I am very fortunate to live in a conservative community- again, it’s safe, has low taxes, excellent schools, very low crime.

I can assure you, come visit and you will see exactly what I am talking about.
You are stating your "opinion" of things today. Facts? Not so much.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
6/11/2022 10:32am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2022 10:38am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Obama came to my company while he was POTUS and gave a speech. He was so good at connecting with people. Even if you didn’t agree with his policies you still respected him as president...Was a great experience and I was able to shake his hand. This all changed when Dems lost to Trump and they became vengeful losers (fake Russia collusion..etc..etc)..

Remember the same people who got Obama elected got Trump elected, but were suddenly racist for doing so..

oldfart
6/11/2022 10:37am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
Obama came to my company while he was POTUS and gave a speech. He was so good at connecting with people. Even if you didn’t agree...
Obama came to my company while he was POTUS and gave a speech. He was so good at connecting with people. Even if you didn’t agree with his policies you still respected him as president...Was a great experience and I was able to shake his hand. This all changed when Dems lost to Trump and they became vengeful losers (fake Russia collusion..etc..etc)..

Remember the same people who got Obama elected got Trump elected, but were suddenly racist for doing so..

I am curious, do you not even get a whff ot the irony in you talking about vengeful losers? I mean, not even a sniff?

Geezus H man!
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
6/11/2022 11:24am
oldfart wrote:
Feel free to fact my claims on my community…Richfield is in Washington County..
oldfart
6/11/2022 11:58am
oldfart wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
Feel free to fact my claims on my community…Richfield is in Washington County..
I was referring to your longer rant. The one you claim had no bias, and stated the actual situation today.

It's laughable to claim that dude.
ns503
6/11/2022 2:43pm
lestat wrote:
Well … it was a good try ns503 . Thread skimmed the first few whoops nicely … then endoed heavily 🤣 . Whatcha gonna do 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yah. Big time. Thread topic on full display right here. I think I agree with Reese. Just have to scan quick down all the threads. It's all over the place. Some just can't help themselves, and be so shamelessly proud about it at the same time. A sad display of the way society is going.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
6/13/2022 12:42pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
The left and right used to share the same vision for America, they just disagreed on the best route to get there. Whether it was the...
APLMAN99 wrote:
I don’t really think that is accurate, but the past is often seen through rose colored glasses. There has always been some deep divides over ideology...
I don’t really think that is accurate, but the past is often seen through rose colored glasses.

There has always been some deep divides over ideology and vision. The stances of various political parties have flip flopped several times and on different axes, but there has rarely been near unanimous views on what the country should ‘look like’.

My personal belief is that the chasms started growing wider and the silos grew deeper when guys like Rush Limbaugh realized that they could get rich by declaring an ‘enemy’, making the average person believe that this phantom enemy was pure evil, and shout that mantra over and over to make people falsely believe that they are victims.
Nailed it! Take a look at tucker, that fucker is trying his best to destroy America. From his replacement theory(which he’s back peddling from so hard after the massacre in that supermarket) to his it wasn’t a resurrection bullshit. That’s one of the main problems.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
6/14/2022 9:09am
I agree with the OP. Alignment with a party stifles independent political thought. Just going with the flow is not the best way to vote. Elect the person you feel is going to do the best job, not who belongs to your party.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
6/14/2022 10:27am
it took 7 posts for someone to start slinging shit at "the other side"
A forum so divided it cant even say, yeah were divided, lets find some middle ground

Classic.
LungButter
6/14/2022 10:55am
The World (and specifically the USA) would be a hell of a lot better place if we just woke up one morning and the most extreme 5% of each "Team" had just disappeared.
philG
6/14/2022 2:22pm
it took 7 posts for someone to start slinging shit at "the other side" A forum so divided it cant even say, yeah were divided, lets...
it took 7 posts for someone to start slinging shit at "the other side"
A forum so divided it cant even say, yeah were divided, lets find some middle ground

Classic.
Sadly, the middle ground is where the left used to be 10 years ago.

If they keep going at the rate they are , Bill Maher will be right of centre before Xmas.

You cant reason with people who want you dead.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/14/2022 3:28pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
Obama came to my company while he was POTUS and gave a speech. He was so good at connecting with people. Even if you didn’t agree...

I’m a Republican but I always liked Obama. Of course I did not agree with all of his policies but I could listen to the guy and respect him as a President. Obama part 2 , not so much.

One thing is I’m pretty sure 99.99% of us would get along great if we ran into each other at a race

Post a reply to: Partisanship

The Latest