PSA: For those in need during the next few months, year or however long is needed...

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2020 7:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2020 8:05 AM

This is not meant to be a political post. I hear they are going to send out $1000 checks. I personally do not need the money and if I get a check I plan on finding someone who is out of a job and in need and giving it to them. In fact, even if I don't get a check I have put out an offer locally that if anyone is having trouble making ends meet or feeding their family because of these recent events to contact me and I'll help with food or whatever else I can help with. I'm not rich but I can afford food and can help out at least in a small way. Hopefully more of you can do the same in your local areas. If this quarantine goes on for a while it could put a lot of people in need.

|

3/19/2020 7:27 AM

You are a good guy. God bless you

|

3/19/2020 7:44 AM

That is a good plan. I don't need a check either. I have my pension and social security.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

3/19/2020 8:50 AM

I love the sentiment, Void. Be careful to read the fine print, though; we don't know where these checks are coming from. It may be that the money is coming out of your tax return.

Either way, it's awesome that you are sharing for people in need.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/19/2020 8:55 AM

Falcon wrote:

I love the sentiment, Void. Be careful to read the fine print, though; we don't know where these checks are coming from. It may be that the money is coming out of your tax return.

It's definitely a tax. There is no free money. I don't get a return today and will probably be paying far more than $1000 in additional tax for whatever check comes to me. But that isn't the point. The point is, I can afford to help others who are going to be in dire need in the near future and will try to help out where I can. Hopefully plenty of others do the same.

|

3/19/2020 9:07 AM

Mine is going to go right back where it came from. We owe $4,000 to the feds this year.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

3/19/2020 11:15 AM

Falcon wrote:

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

It's definitely a tax. There is no free money. I don't get a return today and will probably be paying far more than $1000 in additional tax for whatever check comes to me. But that isn't the point. The point is, I can afford to help others who are going to be in dire need in the near future and will try to help out where I can. Hopefully plenty of others do the same.

Awesome.

Also, this money will be recouped by the government somehow - therefore you're right: it's definitely a tax. Whether your rates get hiked over the next 5 years or 20, they'll get it back. My point was that it might just be an early tax return, not "free and clear" income like some would think.

Either way, bless you for your generosity.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/19/2020 2:51 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

Mine is going to go right back where it came from. We owe $4,000 to the feds this year.

Business ownership costs money. As well as not putting tax money up for 1099 work. Curious why you owe that number in taxes.

|

3/19/2020 3:33 PM

imoto34 wrote:

Business ownership costs money. As well as not putting tax money up for 1099 work. Curious why you owe that number in taxes.

I have too many jobs. I contributed a little bit extra to federal and state. But it just wasn't enough. For two of my jobs I only made 10,000 each or something real small. The tax rate on 10,000 for the year is a lot less than 80,000. And my biggest earning job only set aside around 11% and my tax guy said we should be set up for around 15% in a year. My wife and I both claimed zero, but it just wasn't enough.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

3/19/2020 9:01 PM

Admirable gesture for sure Void. Hats off 2ya.

|

4/15/2020 1:33 PM

$1,200. That's how much I found deposited into my bank account today from the stimulus deal. You would think the government would know from my tax return which shows my income is from a Pension and Social Security that I would not need a Stimulus Check.

|

4/15/2020 2:31 PM

I guess they don’t have your DD info if you’ve owed for the last two years yet paid them directly from your account. I’ve received nothing and when I checked on the portal it said that there was no info available on the status of my payment.

|

4/15/2020 3:55 PM

Reese95w wrote:

$1,200. That's how much I found deposited into my bank account today from the stimulus deal. You would think the government would know from my tax return which shows my income is from a Pension and Social Security that I would not need a Stimulus Check.

Do the right thing and return it.

tongue

|

4/15/2020 4:15 PM

reded wrote:

I guess they don’t have your DD info if you’ve owed for the last two years yet paid them directly from your account. I’ve received nothing and when I checked on the portal it said that there was no info available on the status of my payment.

Same here. According to the guidelines ,it doesn't appear that the wife and I are on the "receiver list" anyway, but I went on there to check, and that's the message I got, "no info available"

|

4/15/2020 6:03 PM

Reese95w wrote:

It's a "stimulus" check, hoping that you will spend it to spur economic activity. Not income replacement, per se.

I think that people who have been laid off, lost jobs, etc. get both the stimulus AND enhanced unemployment benefits, don't they? If they can get through to the overwhelmed unemployment agencies, that is...….!

|

4/15/2020 8:10 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

It's a "stimulus" check, hoping that you will spend it to spur economic activity. Not income replacement, per se.

I think that people who have been laid off, lost jobs, etc. get both the stimulus AND enhanced unemployment benefits, don't they? If they can get through to the overwhelmed unemployment agencies, that is...….!

I think you will find the reports of people getting good sums of money on unemployment not true, they have all these programs and are not able to administer them like people would hope.

And yes, if you got $1200 and don't need it to live on, please please spend it and hopefully on something or someones small business.

|

4/16/2020 1:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2020 1:53 AM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Key word. “IF” we get through. I started my claim on 3/25 and I’m still fighting for it. My claim is in adjucation and the site says it can take 2 weeks while their automated call center says 6-8 weeks to get resolved. Whether that means accepted or denied, I really don’t know. I can’t get through on the phone and my emails are not being responded to. Several people from my company are having the same issues. No one I know of who is actually receiving unemployment has gotten anything extra on top of their normal UE check. Either way it’s quite frustrating and stressful.

|

4/16/2020 2:53 AM

That’s a very nice thing to do Void. I have three rental units and all three of my tenants and myself are still working. I’m giving them a half months rent back for May and June. My way of spending my check.

|

4/16/2020 5:58 AM

If nothing else I plan on giving it out over time as large lunch tips. I have a couple of buddies that I meet for lunch once or twice a week at various local restaurants. Thinking an extra 50 or 100 on the normal tip at each one for a while after (if) they open back up.

|

4/16/2020 6:06 AM

imoto34 wrote:

I have too many jobs. I contributed a little bit extra to federal and state. But it just wasn't enough. For two of my jobs I only made 10,000 each or something real small. The tax rate on 10,000 for the year is a lot less than 80,000. And my biggest earning job only set aside around 11% and my tax guy said we should be set up for around 15% in a year. My wife and I both claimed zero, but it just wasn't enough.

My wife and I ran into the same situation last year. Ended up paying like $9K in taxes. After that we both claim 0, but deduct at the next higher tax bracket. We got a small return this year.

|

4/16/2020 8:18 AM

Reese95w wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:

Key word. “IF” we get through. I started my claim on 3/25 and I’m still fighting for it. My claim is in adjucation and the site says it can take 2 weeks while their automated call center says 6-8 weeks to get resolved. Whether that means accepted or denied, I really don’t know. I can’t get through on the phone and my emails are not being responded to. Several people from my company are having the same issues. No one I know of who is actually receiving unemployment has gotten anything extra on top of their normal UE check. Either way it’s quite frustrating and stressful.

During the unfortunate times I've ever had to file a UI claim, they were maddeningly slow. I can't imagine what it's like now that there are exponentially more claims than before.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

4/16/2020 9:42 AM

43,000 millionaires will be getting checks averaging $1.7 million thanks to a small provision in the relief package. Isn't that nice. My source for that is Forbes.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

4/16/2020 12:18 PM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

43,000 millionaires will be getting checks averaging $1.7 million thanks to a small provision in the relief package. Isn't that nice. My source for that is Forbes.

More like 43,000 personal owned small businesses that were forced to shut down by the government are getting some respite, allowing them to re-open their doors and keep the economy moving.

|

4/16/2020 12:20 PM

Reese95w wrote:

newmann wrote:

Do the right thing and return it.

tongue

Can add it to additional amount block in next years taxes. The government will surely route it responsibly where there is need.

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/16/2020 12:36 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Chance1216 wrote:

Falcon wrote:

During the unfortunate times I've ever had to file a UI claim, they were maddeningly slow. I can't imagine what it's like now that there are exponentially more claims than before.

Something like Photo180 calls and a 3.5 hour wait one day to get through and still not have the issues resolved when checking for updates the next day.

|

4/18/2020 7:59 PM

Spoke with my Stimulus Payment today. And as a retiree in good standing my former employer Boeing will match it at 50%.

Photo

I also made a small donation to this organization in Newmann's name tongue

|

4/18/2020 8:25 PM

I used a little of mine today. A buddy of mine lost 10 really cool street bikes in a warehouse fire 2 days ago. A few rare Ducatis, some race bikes and his most prized Vespa GS 160 that he's had for about 40 years and had it modded out. We found a really nice one in the area that was in really good shape and we all pooled our money together and surprised him with it late this afternoon. Luckily he had brought his new V4 Panigale home from the warehouse the day before the fire. He also has a really cool WLA that he did an amazing restoration on a couple of years ago that luckily wasn't at the warehouse.

|

4/30/2020 3:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2020 3:59 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

I used a little of mine today. A buddy of mine lost 10 really cool street bikes in a warehouse fire 2 days ago. A few rare Ducatis, some race bikes and his most prized Vespa GS 160 that he's had for about 40 years and had it modded out. We found a really nice one in the area that was in really good shape and we all pooled our money together and surprised him with it late this afternoon. Luckily he had brought his new V4 Panigale home from the warehouse the day before the fire. He also has a really cool WLA that he did an amazing restoration on a couple of years ago that luckily wasn't at the warehouse.

Well even though it's been two weeks since I got my "Stimulus Payment" via direct deposit, today I got a letter telling me,

"Your Economic Impact Payment Has Arrived"

In English on one side and Spanish on the other side. What a fucking waste of tax payer's dollars!

Photo

|

4/30/2020 4:01 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

Hey man, that a local warehouse?

|

4/30/2020 4:05 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

Looby321 wrote:

Hey man, that a local warehouse?

Yes. St Louis area.

|