PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

peelout
9/24/2020 1:57pm
FLmxer wrote:
The Last of Us 2 is awesome. Like controlling a movie. It is really wild playing characters from both sides and also at different times in...
The Last of Us 2 is awesome. Like controlling a movie. It is really wild playing characters from both sides and also at different times in their life during lots of flashbacks. Tons of loot, obstacles and puzzles to unlock safes, doors etc. Definately amazing what they can do with these games. Definately enjoying it.
I pre-ordered Mafia for tomorrow's release. Should be fun.
i've been holding off from getting The Last of Us 2 until i can have the time the game deserves to be able to sit down and play it from start to finish. i played the first game in a weekend (a long weekend) and was completely invested in the story and Joel and Ellie. i feel like these games are made to playthrough without much distraction.

i loved Mafia and Mafia 2, never played 3.

don't know if you're keeping an eye on Cyberpunk 2077 or not, but i've been impatiently waiting for this one since i first read about it years ago. the same makers as Witcher 3. right now it's supposed to release November 19 for current gen and in 2021 on next gen.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/24/2020 3:09pm
peelout wrote:
i've been holding off from getting The Last of Us 2 until i can have the time the game deserves to be able to sit down...
i've been holding off from getting The Last of Us 2 until i can have the time the game deserves to be able to sit down and play it from start to finish. i played the first game in a weekend (a long weekend) and was completely invested in the story and Joel and Ellie. i feel like these games are made to playthrough without much distraction.

don't know if you're keeping an eye on Cyberpunk 2077 or not, but i've been impatiently waiting for this one since i first read about it years ago. the same makers as Witcher 3. right now it's supposed to release November 19 for current gen and in 2021 on next gen.
Don't bother with Mafia 3.

It has more of a Grand Theft Auto vibe than Mafia vibe. It's not a bad game and it received positive reviews, but if you've played GTA V, you've practically played Mafia 3.

The protagonist Lincoln Clay is a war vet, but is more "gangster" like GTA. The game takes place in New Bordeaux which is based on New Orleans in the late 60's early 70's.
BobbyLight
9/24/2020 4:35pm
peelout wrote:
i've been holding off from getting The Last of Us 2 until i can have the time the game deserves to be able to sit down...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Don't bother with Mafia 3. It has more of a Grand Theft Auto vibe than Mafia vibe. It's not a bad game and it received positive...
Don't bother with Mafia 3.

It has more of a Grand Theft Auto vibe than Mafia vibe. It's not a bad game and it received positive reviews, but if you've played GTA V, you've practically played Mafia 3.

The protagonist Lincoln Clay is a war vet, but is more "gangster" like GTA. The game takes place in New Bordeaux which is based on New Orleans in the late 60's early 70's.
I agree on mafia 3. The story isn't half bad and the soundtrack is good but the gameplay is so repetitive. I couldn't get all the way through it because of that and ended up watching the ending on youtube.

If any of you want a short game (can beat in a day or 2, 8-10 hrs) with a really crazy story check out bioshock infinite. They gave it away free to PS plus members a few months ago. The gameplay is decent, just a shoot'em up but the story is crazy. You feel like it makes ZERO sense the whole time you are playing, until you get to the very end and it absolutely blows your mind. You will likely go straight to google to try and understand what the fuck you just saw. Can't recommend it enough.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/25/2020 7:38am
I completed The Last of Us 2 last night. I thought I played for atleast a week but it says 4 days. I thought I was at the end about 3 times but then the plot thickened again. It was like controlling a very brutal, often sad and sometimes disturbing apocalypse/horror film. It was excellent. Already downloaded Mafia so I am going to check it out. I've played one of the bio shock games and thought it was a cool concept and pretty fun. Cyber Punk is on my list and I have not done Witcher3 yet but I think I will download that today because Mafia might not hold my attention long. Had to delete a few games to free up some space. Any recommendations for PC games? I browse the options and not really drawn to anything even with the Xbox pass. I guess there are certain top Xbox titles that are not available for p.c. but a lot are. I played Hellblade and the graphics were amazing and I have the pro bass tour which was fun for a short time but you can win every tournament too easily once you figure it out.

The Shop

BobbyLight
9/26/2020 12:26am
FLmxer wrote:
I completed The Last of Us 2 last night. I thought I played for atleast a week but it says 4 days. I thought I was...
I completed The Last of Us 2 last night. I thought I played for atleast a week but it says 4 days. I thought I was at the end about 3 times but then the plot thickened again. It was like controlling a very brutal, often sad and sometimes disturbing apocalypse/horror film. It was excellent. Already downloaded Mafia so I am going to check it out. I've played one of the bio shock games and thought it was a cool concept and pretty fun. Cyber Punk is on my list and I have not done Witcher3 yet but I think I will download that today because Mafia might not hold my attention long. Had to delete a few games to free up some space. Any recommendations for PC games? I browse the options and not really drawn to anything even with the Xbox pass. I guess there are certain top Xbox titles that are not available for p.c. but a lot are. I played Hellblade and the graphics were amazing and I have the pro bass tour which was fun for a short time but you can win every tournament too easily once you figure it out.
Witcher 3 is a masterpiece. If you get sucked into that it can easily eat up 60-80+ hours. You can effect so much of what happens in that game based on your small choices (which you may not even realize you are making at the time) and they are never black and white. The DLC’s are also so big they almost could have been sold as standalone games. Great world, writing, gameplay, graphics, and voice acting. It is very long as well. I remember getting to a certain part and thinking I was at the end of game, but turns out I was merely halfway lol. Its one of the all time greats and I am so stoked for cyberpunk.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/26/2020 6:46am
FLmxer wrote:
I completed The Last of Us 2 last night. I thought I played for atleast a week but it says 4 days. I thought I was...
BobbyLight wrote:
Witcher 3 is a masterpiece. If you get sucked into that it can easily eat up 60-80+ hours. You can effect so much of what happens...
Witcher 3 is a masterpiece. If you get sucked into that it can easily eat up 60-80+ hours. You can effect so much of what happens in that game based on your small choices (which you may not even realize you are making at the time) and they are never black and white. The DLC’s are also so big they almost could have been sold as standalone games. Great world, writing, gameplay, graphics, and voice acting. It is very long as well. I remember getting to a certain part and thinking I was at the end of game, but turns out I was merely halfway lol. Its one of the all time greats and I am so stoked for cyberpunk.
Sounds excellent. Thank you for the description. Definately getting that started right away.
peelout
10/6/2020 12:45pm
BobbyLight wrote:
Witcher 3 is a masterpiece. If you get sucked into that it can easily eat up 60-80+ hours. You can effect so much of what happens...
if Cyberpunk even has half of the story telling and immersion as Witcher 3 then it'll be a massive success. i'm a completionist and have well over 200 hours in the Witcher. amazing game.

then again half of those hours were spent playing Gwent lol
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
10/16/2020 11:12am
Witcher is a huge game and really fun. Seems like things to do everywhere. I have to admit I switched to the lowest difficulty a few times for the first time ever playing games when I first stumbled into the caves with no food and low health after about 100 re-trys I finally googled and realized it was my only option to make it out.
I downloaded The Elder Scrolls on my laptop a few days ago but have not checked it out yet.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/17/2020 12:03pm
Currently playing Ghost Recon Wildlands. The Predator/Alien in the jungle was a bitch to kill.

Took me a bunch of tries and over an hour.
peelout
12/4/2020 8:03am
the 10th can't get here soon enough!

12/4/2020 6:16pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2020 6:17pm
Yep! Haven't bought any new games this year other than Phasmophobia (which is early access and cheap) but I couldn't resist breaking my cardinal rule and pre buying Cyberpunk... Looks astonishing and I also love the Witcher games, 3 especially, so have a lot of faith in CDPR to deliver something pretty amazing even if it isn't quite the 2nd coming so many have it pegged as. They've clearly put a painstaking amount of effort into every detail, so I'm sure it'll be worth every penny in any case. Thinking Nomad as a first playthrough.
peelout
12/10/2020 7:31am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2020 7:31am
Yep! Haven't bought any new games this year other than Phasmophobia (which is early access and cheap) but I couldn't resist breaking my cardinal rule and...
Yep! Haven't bought any new games this year other than Phasmophobia (which is early access and cheap) but I couldn't resist breaking my cardinal rule and pre buying Cyberpunk... Looks astonishing and I also love the Witcher games, 3 especially, so have a lot of faith in CDPR to deliver something pretty amazing even if it isn't quite the 2nd coming so many have it pegged as. They've clearly put a painstaking amount of effort into every detail, so I'm sure it'll be worth every penny in any case. Thinking Nomad as a first playthrough.
Played for about 2 hours last night and am already digging it, though there is so much going on in the screen that it's a bit overwhelming. I went the tech savvy Street Kid route so we'll see how that turns out end game. Can't wait to dig more into it, the setting and visuals are unreal. Also, first game I've ever played that you get to pick your dick type and size lol that caught me off guard. I almost played as a female V, maybe I'll go 6 hours and start a new character to see which I like better
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/10/2020 12:56pm
My wife just walked in and handed me cyberpunk ps4. She said she heard me mention it a few times. The funny part was I woke up today thinking about getting it on my laptop after I read it was looking extra good on pc but will be great on ps4 and then 5 soon enough.
12/11/2020 4:06pm
peelout wrote:
Played for about 2 hours last night and am already digging it, though there is so much going on in the screen that it's a bit...
Played for about 2 hours last night and am already digging it, though there is so much going on in the screen that it's a bit overwhelming. I went the tech savvy Street Kid route so we'll see how that turns out end game. Can't wait to dig more into it, the setting and visuals are unreal. Also, first game I've ever played that you get to pick your dick type and size lol that caught me off guard. I almost played as a female V, maybe I'll go 6 hours and start a new character to see which I like better
lol yeah same. From what Iv'e played Iv'e enjoyed, though I haven't had much time with it yet due other commitments this week - should get a good session in this weekend hopefully. I'm playing on PC and man this game makes me realise that it's time for a new GPU... Talk about resource hog. As per the PS5 they're (new GPU's) just really hard to get hold of at the moment. But yeah from what Iv'e seen Night City looks unbelievable. Probably the closest thing we've had in a game to recreating Blade Runner - can't wait to get some good hrs in and settled with it.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/12/2020 5:37am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2020 5:38am
Man still 75 hours of updates before I can play even with the discs. First time I have had the disc in awhile. I downloaded the last ten or so games.
peelout
12/12/2020 9:30am
I’m hearing that Cyberpunk plays terrible on the base PS4 considering it’s a last gen game.
I'm on base PS4 and I've had an alarming number of crashes so far, the latest update just finished downloading so I've been playing the release version. I'm hoping the update fixed a lot of the crash issues. The game is gorgeous but feels unfinished. My hope is they continue to release updates and the content that was promised. I've only done maybe 2 hours of story missions and have just been exploring and doing side missions. The gun play gets better and better as you go.
12/12/2020 11:05am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2020 11:06am
I’m hearing that Cyberpunk plays terrible on the base PS4 considering it’s a last gen game.
It's awful on the xbox one as well, so so bad. It's like the entire game has been smothered with vaseline, it looks absolutely shit.

I played about 30 minutes and can see how great a game it is, but it either needs fixing or I'll wait until I get the new xbox for it to be enjoyable.
12/12/2020 1:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/12/2020 1:56pm
After getting some more hrs in today I feel it has one of the most amazing cities Iv'e ever seen in a game and I can't wait to see how the game itself unfolds etc, but without a shadow of a doubt it needed a load more time in the oven... At least another couple of months imo, at least...

I haven't had any desktop crashes so far but it is very heavy to run, and Iv'e had a ton of silly glitches (people walking through things etc), again nothing game breaking thus far but distracting. Such a shame as you can see the potential underneath. I remember TW3 have some issues upon launch and they were eventually mostly fixed. But the issues are even bigger here (along with the expectation, however overblown by some) and CDPR needs to get on top of this one quickly across all platforms, last gen consoles especially.
Sunhouse
12/12/2020 2:16pm
Thanks for the update guys. Been waiting for this since 2012, and I can surely wait 6more months to get it for PS5... I think😅
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/12/2020 3:36pm
I read about the issues this morning and screenshot some ways to improve the graphics.

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/14/2020 6:40am
They are excepting refunds for cyberpunk on ps4 and 5 on my news feed. I guess it wasnt ready. I have played about 20 minutes worth but keeping an open mind and its ok.
12/14/2020 8:14am Edited Date/Time 12/14/2020 8:15am
FLmxer wrote:
They are excepting refunds for cyberpunk on ps4 and 5 on my news feed. I guess it wasnt ready. I have played about 20 minutes worth...
They are excepting refunds for cyberpunk on ps4 and 5 on my news feed. I guess it wasnt ready. I have played about 20 minutes worth but keeping an open mind and its ok.
Yeah I saw that as well, they are going to put out 2 big patches to try and fix it on the older generation, one in Jan and the other in feb.

The thing is none of us expect it to look as good as on pc or the next gen consoles but I genuinely can't believe it looks this bad. Maybe it's worse on xbox one than ps4 but it honestly looks like an original xbox game.
peelout
12/14/2020 9:06am
i played Cyberpunk for about 4 more hours last night and am loving it. it is definitely not without it's flaws.

I'm about Level 8 now and one thing i will say is that the combat is awesome. sometimes the AI are dipshits, but for the most part it is challenging and fun. they are not quite the bullet sponges they were at the first of the game. i've still only played a couple hours of the main mission, but i've been clearing out all the side-missions and stuff.

some things that i love are the guns, every time i think i found my new favorite i get another that does more damage, elemental effect, etc. also, for driving, leave it on 1st person the cars aren't as skatey like you're on ice.

the game definitely needs work, i had 2 crashes in those 4 hours and i commend CDPR for realizing what is going on with the PS4 and Xbone. i'd like to see them right this ship and make it better. it also bothers me that they cut so much content to get the game out. there is a part (spoiler free) at the first of the game that goes into an action montage that is so obvious it was content they cut out. that pisses me off. also it just doesn't seem like you have any choice in the game, which is one of the selling points and what they were promising total choice. there is no choice, you're on a rail (a fun rail).

anyway, i'm loving it (aside from some issues) and won't be looking for a refund.

peelout
12/21/2020 8:29am
After getting some more hrs in today I feel it has one of the most amazing cities Iv'e ever seen in a game and I can't...
After getting some more hrs in today I feel it has one of the most amazing cities Iv'e ever seen in a game and I can't wait to see how the game itself unfolds etc, but without a shadow of a doubt it needed a load more time in the oven... At least another couple of months imo, at least...

I haven't had any desktop crashes so far but it is very heavy to run, and Iv'e had a ton of silly glitches (people walking through things etc), again nothing game breaking thus far but distracting. Such a shame as you can see the potential underneath. I remember TW3 have some issues upon launch and they were eventually mostly fixed. But the issues are even bigger here (along with the expectation, however overblown by some) and CDPR needs to get on top of this one quickly across all platforms, last gen consoles especially.
put much more time in lately?

i'm loving it. i've been playing the story and just finished Act 1. some pretty crazy shit going on for sure. the story is really well done and the voice acting is top notch. looking forward to playing more of the story and advancing through.

i was getting to where i was 1-shotting everyone in the Kubuki area, went south to the city center and am getting my ass kicked. so i went to Japantown and it's a challenge again. the scaling is cool.

really digging this game. aside from a crash every now and then i'm really not experiencing any bugs that i can complain about.
12/21/2020 12:52pm
peelout wrote:
put much more time in lately? i'm loving it. i've been playing the story and just finished Act 1. some pretty crazy shit going on for...

i'm loving it. i've been playing the story and just finished Act 1. some pretty crazy shit going on for sure. the story is really well done and the voice acting is top notch. looking forward to playing more of the story and advancing through.

i was getting to where i was 1-shotting everyone in the Kubuki area, went south to the city center and am getting my ass kicked. so i went to Japantown and it's a challenge again. the scaling is cool.

really digging this game. aside from a crash every now and then i'm really not experiencing any bugs that i can complain about.
Glad you’re enjoying it, I dunno if you know but Sony have pulled it from their store & giving refunds.
Sunhouse
12/21/2020 1:23pm
peelout wrote:
i played Cyberpunk for about 4 more hours last night and am loving it. it is definitely not without it's flaws. I'm about Level 8 now...
i played Cyberpunk for about 4 more hours last night and am loving it. it is definitely not without it's flaws.

I'm about Level 8 now and one thing i will say is that the combat is awesome. sometimes the AI are dipshits, but for the most part it is challenging and fun. they are not quite the bullet sponges they were at the first of the game. i've still only played a couple hours of the main mission, but i've been clearing out all the side-missions and stuff.

some things that i love are the guns, every time i think i found my new favorite i get another that does more damage, elemental effect, etc. also, for driving, leave it on 1st person the cars aren't as skatey like you're on ice.

the game definitely needs work, i had 2 crashes in those 4 hours and i commend CDPR for realizing what is going on with the PS4 and Xbone. i'd like to see them right this ship and make it better. it also bothers me that they cut so much content to get the game out. there is a part (spoiler free) at the first of the game that goes into an action montage that is so obvious it was content they cut out. that pisses me off. also it just doesn't seem like you have any choice in the game, which is one of the selling points and what they were promising total choice. there is no choice, you're on a rail (a fun rail).

anyway, i'm loving it (aside from some issues) and won't be looking for a refund.

Sorry peely, I accidentally gave you a thumbs down, trying to give you a thumbs up🙈
Sunhouse
12/21/2020 1:26pm
peelout wrote:
put much more time in lately? i'm loving it. i've been playing the story and just finished Act 1. some pretty crazy shit going on for...

I have decided to not buy the game nor PS5 until earliest June next year. That will give it time to work out bugs on both consoles, they are available and the game should be patched to release on ps5 hopefully😅
12/21/2020 1:36pm
peelout wrote:

Yeah it's getting better now with every visit. I have a suppressed revolver (not sure how well that'd work in real life but I'll let it pass) with a fancy red dot - tremendous fun sneaking about one-shotting the bad guys in the head on hard, but they can also turn the tables and screw you up fast if it goes wrong. Mag fed shotgun and Assault rifle for backup.

At first I was concentrating too much on the blue marked 'crime in progress' missions, trying to clear the map sort of thing. But now I'm just doing the more fleshed out side missions in between story missions and it's a lot lot better. Really getting into it much more now.

I also got the double jump mod for my legs for 45,000 credits and it's insane what you can climb and jump when timed right! The game is much more vertical than I initially thought possible.

Cons: I still suck at the driving, I try and avoid it now whenever possible. And I have had 2 hard crashes that forced me to restart my PC completely. They're the only 2 big crashes out of 24 hrs total playtime so far though and I didn't lose any major progress thank goodness.
peelout
12/21/2020 2:06pm
Glad you’re enjoying it, I dunno if you know but Sony have pulled it from their store & giving refunds.
that's not surprising. i did just download another update (version 1.05) yesterday and it seems to run smoother than before

Post a reply to: PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

The Latest