PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

peelout
8/4/2020 8:33am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Are you playing it in Japanese with English subtitles or are you playing it in English?
i read that it was designed, written, acted out, etc for English to be the spoken language. The Japanese dialog with English subtitles was added in and doesn't sync up well and the voice acting isn't as suited for the game.

i've yet to play it, i have a feeling it's going to take over my life once i sit down to play it and i'm STILL not done with AC Odyssey
peelout
8/4/2020 8:36am
FLmxer wrote:
English but I like to learn other languages and pick up all types from games we realized. I can barely read the small print in the...
English but I like to learn other languages and pick up all types from games we realized. I can barely read the small print in the menus so try to limit sub titles though. I even take a pick of the TV screen often from my chair so I can zoom in and read it. Getting old sucks.
there are certain games i really enjoyed but had to stop playing because the tiny font on the menus and subtitles. i'm 37 but i've had double cataract replacements and tiny print is like brail to me now.

come on Devs, give me a damn setting to make the menu and subtitle font bigger fer fukksakes
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/4/2020 12:08pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Are you playing it in Japanese with English subtitles or are you playing it in English?
peelout wrote:
i read that it was designed, written, acted out, etc for English to be the spoken language. The Japanese dialog with English subtitles was added in...
i read that it was designed, written, acted out, etc for English to be the spoken language. The Japanese dialog with English subtitles was added in and doesn't sync up well and the voice acting isn't as suited for the game.

i've yet to play it, i have a feeling it's going to take over my life once i sit down to play it and i'm STILL not done with AC Odyssey
Good to know. I might get it and was planning on playing it in Japanese, so looks like I'll be playing it in English if I pull the trigger on it.

Videos I've seen look great.

I finished everything in AC Odyssey. It took a long time, but I enjoyed it.

I still have Detroit: Become Human to play. I got like 30 minutes of play time on it. I'm spending all my gaming time playing Battlefield V online. Personally, I really want Dice to put out another Battlefield: Bad Company game. Bad Company 2 was awesome.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
8/4/2020 3:17pm
I love the Battlefield series. I can't remember my favorite. I think it was 3.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/4/2020 3:32pm
FLmxer wrote:
I love the Battlefield series. I can't remember my favorite. I think it was 3.
Battlefield 3 & 4 were both awesome modern warfare games. I played a shit ton of hours of 3.

I bought Battlefield 1 because I thought the WW1 setting was going to be interesting, but in my opinion, it was a big let down. I didn't really enjoy it and didn't play much of it.

Battlefield V is great. It had been a while since I played a WWII game, so I'm still enjoying it.

A Vietnam or Korean setting would be great as well.

The next one is Battlefield 6 and is apparently scheduled to be released in the fourth quarter of 2021 for next gen consoles and PC. I have no idea on the setting, but I'm guessing it'll be present day.
peelout
8/4/2020 3:59pm
i'm into the survival genre and have been following "Grounded" but it's for Xbox. i wish like hell it was going to come to PS4. think Honey I Shrunk the Kids. looks awesome.

may have to pick up a used XBONE
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/4/2020 6:55pm
peelout wrote:
i'm into the survival genre and have been following "Grounded" but it's for Xbox. i wish like hell it was going to come to PS4. think...
i'm into the survival genre and have been following "Grounded" but it's for Xbox. i wish like hell it was going to come to PS4. think Honey I Shrunk the Kids. looks awesome.

may have to pick up a used XBONE
If you're into those types of games look into the following:

Until Dawn

Dying Light

There's a sequel coming out. Not sure when it'll be released, but it'll come out on PS4 amd PS5.

Days Gone

Outlast 2

The Long Dark

This War of Mine

The Forest

MotofactioN
8/5/2020 6:57pm
The Forest is really really creepy and fun the first time you play it.

After you put about 10-20 hours into it, it loses the super creepy vibe because you start to understand the way the game works lol.

But the first time I played that game was epicccc
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
8/10/2020 7:48am
Ghosts of Tsushima is pretty fun. It has attributes from Red Dead Redemption, uncharted, Assasins Creed and fall out. I thought i would get bored with the fighting characteristics but its really cool how you learn new fighting techniques and change stance and techniques for different enemies whether carrying spears, swords shields etc. You actually improve health by resting and creating a haiku. Also by finding secret statues to honor hidden around the world that a fox or a golden bird can lead you to and unlocks skills too. Lots of exploring, climbing and tons of loot. Open world like the others, follow the main story at your own pace or do whatever you want.
peelout
8/10/2020 9:06am
FLmxer wrote:
Ghosts of Tsushima is pretty fun. It has attributes from Red Dead Redemption, uncharted, Assasins Creed and fall out. I thought i would get bored with...
Ghosts of Tsushima is pretty fun. It has attributes from Red Dead Redemption, uncharted, Assasins Creed and fall out. I thought i would get bored with the fighting characteristics but its really cool how you learn new fighting techniques and change stance and techniques for different enemies whether carrying spears, swords shields etc. You actually improve health by resting and creating a haiku. Also by finding secret statues to honor hidden around the world that a fox or a golden bird can lead you to and unlocks skills too. Lots of exploring, climbing and tons of loot. Open world like the others, follow the main story at your own pace or do whatever you want.
i'll have to check it out after i finish Odyssey.

i finally cleared the entire map and all available side-quests, cleared every single tomb/camp/fort/etc. i've been doing all the conquests and fighting for the Spartans so the whole map is red except a couple zones.

now i'm doing the main story, i don't know how long i have to go but i just found the mother and finished her quests. i feel like the story is really well done when you actually only put the time in for it and not all the other stuff. i'm glad i got all the other shit done so that i can focus solely on the story.
Sunhouse
8/11/2020 7:10am
peelout wrote:
i'll have to check it out after i finish Odyssey. i finally cleared the entire map and all available side-quests, cleared every single tomb/camp/fort/etc. i've been...
i'll have to check it out after i finish Odyssey.

i finally cleared the entire map and all available side-quests, cleared every single tomb/camp/fort/etc. i've been doing all the conquests and fighting for the Spartans so the whole map is red except a couple zones.

now i'm doing the main story, i don't know how long i have to go but i just found the mother and finished her quests. i feel like the story is really well done when you actually only put the time in for it and not all the other stuff. i'm glad i got all the other shit done so that i can focus solely on the story.
Did you fight the minotaur? I played on hard and couldn’t kill that thing. Mind you it was on an old TV with severe input lag. Will have to try again when I move back home with a proper TV. Just really pisses me off when games beat me
peelout
8/11/2020 8:59am
Sunhouse wrote:
Did you fight the minotaur? I played on hard and couldn’t kill that thing. Mind you it was on an old TV with severe input lag...
Did you fight the minotaur? I played on hard and couldn’t kill that thing. Mind you it was on an old TV with severe input lag. Will have to try again when I move back home with a proper TV. Just really pisses me off when games beat me
i'm playing on Normal and he killed me a couple times before i got him. i never play games on hard, i like to feel like my skill and choices make my player overly powerful. playing on a harder skill just makes them sword and arrow sponges.

speaking on that though, if i see a Merc out and about i usually always go fight/kill them. however, i've started to look up their level before picking a fight as i've been one hit killed by Mercs 5-10 levels above me multiple times. i think the highest level above me that i killed was 7 or so.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/27/2020 1:03pm
The 2 free games from PSN for September are:

-PUBG: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
-Street Fighter V

I haven't played Street Fighter since I was a kid, so I'll definitely be getting it.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/5/2020 8:09pm
Finished 100 percent of Ghost of Tsushima. It was awesome. It had so many really cool aspects. It was very artsy and a very brutal story. Bummed its over. Definately one of my favorites. Its next level Assasins Creed with Samaria.
9/6/2020 7:56am
FLmxer wrote:
Finished 100 percent of Ghost of Tsushima. It was awesome. It had so many really cool aspects. It was very artsy and a very brutal story...
Finished 100 percent of Ghost of Tsushima. It was awesome. It had so many really cool aspects. It was very artsy and a very brutal story. Bummed its over. Definately one of my favorites. Its next level Assasins Creed with Samaria.
Nice one, did you get the plat trophy ?
9/6/2020 11:58am
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 remaster out. Highly recommend. That game is like my childhood so I may be biased.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/6/2020 1:56pm
Nice one, did you get the plat trophy ?
No i must of forgot to pick up a banner and an artifact somewhere. Close enough.
I am deciding on my first pc game to download onto my laptop. Some great ones coming out soon too.
Sunhouse
9/6/2020 3:42pm
I just saw these guys will have some of the songs for new AC Valhalla. The show Vikings have already used quite a few of their songs on the show. This live version is rather long, but sets the mood well. Two of the members are from the black metal band Gorgoroth. Never been into black metal, but I think this really shows off their musical talents when they delve into something else than screaming. One was charged with a murder a few years back and made the mainstream when he was in an old Vice documentary about black metal Laughing The female is Aurora, a solo artist from the same city.
The lyrics are a hymn to someone who has passed away, but not in battle. Meaning they will go to Hel, and not Valhalla. Hel is not hell, it´s just an underworld for those who did not die to sit at Odin´s table.
The setting is outside an old fortress from right after the viking age ended. I think it is pretty damn cool, and hope it is in the game.
peelout
9/8/2020 8:51am
don't know if anyone here is into golf, but i just picked up the new PGA 2K21 and am really impressed with it. the putting is a little on the easy side, but the mechanics are great. probably the best golf game i've played since Tiger '09
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/8/2020 9:07am
peelout wrote:
don't know if anyone here is into golf, but i just picked up the new PGA 2K21 and am really impressed with it. the putting is...
don't know if anyone here is into golf, but i just picked up the new PGA 2K21 and am really impressed with it. the putting is a little on the easy side, but the mechanics are great. probably the best golf game i've played since Tiger '09
Awesome. I was just saying I need a new golf game. I'm going to DL it now.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/9/2020 10:05am
peelout wrote:
don't know if anyone here is into golf, but i just picked up the new PGA 2K21 and am really impressed with it. the putting is...
Wait you said easy putting. Lol I went straight to career and Qschool and sat in Top ten and even eagles on my first round until I 3 putt from 5 feet and had 3 hit pin on short puts and go 10 away. Ended 139th. Should of practiced. Great game and my wife really only likes to play the golf games with me too so that's a bonus. Good times.
peelout
9/9/2020 10:59am
peelout wrote:
FLmxer wrote:
Wait you said easy putting. Lol I went straight to career and Qschool and sat in Top ten and even eagles on my first round until...
Wait you said easy putting. Lol I went straight to career and Qschool and sat in Top ten and even eagles on my first round until I 3 putt from 5 feet and had 3 hit pin on short puts and go 10 away. Ended 139th. Should of practiced. Great game and my wife really only likes to play the golf games with me too so that's a bonus. Good times.
haha so i didn't realize but i was playing on beginner and with all assists turned on.

i've since moved to Pro difficulty and have the Pro swing setting. it's a lot tougher as even the slightest mistake in your swing has huge consequences, but it's very rewarding when you birdie or eagle. hell, even par is sometimes a sigh of relief. the only thing i don't like is you can't have the Wind Meter showing on Pro and above. but your Aiming Arc shows the affect of the wind, so it's not completely blind.

a little tip, go to the practice/training and select swing calibrate. it'll calibrate your swing so that it's not all over the place. it really only affects you with the pro-swing and beyond.

one thing i love is my first tournament playing Pro i missed the cut. i turned the computer-difficulty down to 82 from 90 and now i'm competing but really have to perform to be in the top 5. if i turn it down to low 70's i'm finishing a few strokes ahead. so you can really custom tailor how difficult the game is which is really cool.

as for the putting, after playing about 15 tournaments now i feel like i have a good feel for it. i turned the preview line down to i can only preview the putt 9 times, so i have to be picky in an 18 hole round. i've gotten to where i'm making most putts within 12 feet or so.

i played in a Online Society Tournament last night and had a good time, but i can only hit the ball average 285 off the tee and some of the other players were pounding it like 330 average. that makes a huge difference on some holes. i don't know how as the clubs you buy with earnings don't give that kind of yardage gain. still gotta look into that. i ended up 7 under and the guys that won were 14 under, so i can see after some improvement being more competitive.

it's a far-cry from the Tiger Woods (although they were fun as hell) games and shooting 30 under. although if you play on beginner with all assists, it makes it much more "Arcade".

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/9/2020 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2020 2:03pm
peelout wrote:
haha so i didn't realize but i was playing on beginner and with all assists turned on. i've since moved to Pro difficulty and have the...
haha so i didn't realize but i was playing on beginner and with all assists turned on.

i've since moved to Pro difficulty and have the Pro swing setting. it's a lot tougher as even the slightest mistake in your swing has huge consequences, but it's very rewarding when you birdie or eagle. hell, even par is sometimes a sigh of relief. the only thing i don't like is you can't have the Wind Meter showing on Pro and above. but your Aiming Arc shows the affect of the wind, so it's not completely blind.

a little tip, go to the practice/training and select swing calibrate. it'll calibrate your swing so that it's not all over the place. it really only affects you with the pro-swing and beyond.

one thing i love is my first tournament playing Pro i missed the cut. i turned the computer-difficulty down to 82 from 90 and now i'm competing but really have to perform to be in the top 5. if i turn it down to low 70's i'm finishing a few strokes ahead. so you can really custom tailor how difficult the game is which is really cool.

as for the putting, after playing about 15 tournaments now i feel like i have a good feel for it. i turned the preview line down to i can only preview the putt 9 times, so i have to be picky in an 18 hole round. i've gotten to where i'm making most putts within 12 feet or so.

i played in a Online Society Tournament last night and had a good time, but i can only hit the ball average 285 off the tee and some of the other players were pounding it like 330 average. that makes a huge difference on some holes. i don't know how as the clubs you buy with earnings don't give that kind of yardage gain. still gotta look into that. i ended up 7 under and the guys that won were 14 under, so i can see after some improvement being more competitive.

it's a far-cry from the Tiger Woods (although they were fun as hell) games and shooting 30 under. although if you play on beginner with all assists, it makes it much more "Arcade".

thanks for the tips. I have figured out putting now and won my second round of q school qualifier by a few strokes on normal mode and sitting in 9th in my pro debut thru 13. pretty fun game. yea the ball flight assists in the last games i had made them too easy.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/12/2020 1:39pm
I played my first PC game ever on my new MSI gaming laptop and the graphics were amazing. I just finished Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice. A pretty cool but very dark game. It was not a very open world as much as what I have been playing but was fun sword fighting demons in the dungeons and figuring out the puzzle like tasks to unlock doors.
I tried to get the fastest computer and there was definitely no lagging or issues with the play but it took 7 days to download and isn't the largest game.
I downloaded golf and The Outerworlds Gorgon download in one day on my ps4.
peelout
9/18/2020 9:26am
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 remaster out. Highly recommend. That game is like my childhood so I may be biased.
these 2 games took up a lot of my free time when i was a teenager, i'm talking thousands of hours lol. are they actually worth getting or is it just going to be a big nostalgia trip? the starting map on THPS1 is engrained in my mind. like is the gameplay improved or is it just graphics? i've watched a little bit of video and it looks amazing. i almost got it the other night but decided to get PGA2k1
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/19/2020 6:13am
I was going to wait for ps5 but I went ahead and started playing The Last of Us 2. Its pretty fun.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/23/2020 5:23pm
The Last of Us 2 is awesome. Like controlling a movie. It is really wild playing characters from both sides and also at different times in their life during lots of flashbacks. Tons of loot, obstacles and puzzles to unlock safes, doors etc. Definately amazing what they can do with these games. Definately enjoying it.
I pre-ordered Mafia for tomorrow's release. Should be fun.

Post a reply to: PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

The Latest