PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
4/29/2020 11:23am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 11:27am
Finished the main story line in Assassins Creed. Still a lot of quests etc to do. There is whole islands and cities I have not even been too. Completed all of the tablets except a few at end I will do. I don't want to get too burned out on it since the new one shouldn't be to far away. Great game. A weird part of these games recently is like for instance Cassandra slept with many chick's along the way, even had husband's pay her to satisfy their wives. When that option comes up you are like wtf. Ok yes. Lol Games are crazy these days. Then afterwards it asked on one, become friends or never see again. I about spit my drink out laughing.
I guess you get the option to start over but keep your skills. That could be fun to just chop down everyone at the start Spartan style again. Lol
peelout
4/29/2020 12:19pm
FLmxer wrote:
Finished the main story line in Assassins Creed. Still a lot of quests etc to do. There is whole islands and cities I have not even...
Finished the main story line in Assassins Creed. Still a lot of quests etc to do. There is whole islands and cities I have not even been too. Completed all of the tablets except a few at end I will do. I don't want to get too burned out on it since the new one shouldn't be to far away. Great game. A weird part of these games recently is like for instance Cassandra slept with many chick's along the way, even had husband's pay her to satisfy their wives. When that option comes up you are like wtf. Ok yes. Lol Games are crazy these days. Then afterwards it asked on one, become friends or never see again. I about spit my drink out laughing.
I guess you get the option to start over but keep your skills. That could be fun to just chop down everyone at the start Spartan style again. Lol
with the baby here i haven't had any time to play, i'm probably 65% through the story and about 70% through the map. i'll finish the map before i finish the story, i have a feeling that when i finish the story i'll lose interest and be done. last time i played i spent about 3 hours just hunting down the mercenaries and getting as many as possible hunting me and cutting them down. it was pretty wild, at one time i was fighting 3 of them and they started fighting each-other, it was just a big free-for-all.

i'm really considering another Red Dead playthrough as well. i tried to start over almost immediately after finishing it the first time but lost interest as it was so fresh on my mind. but that's another game i had almost completely cleared the map before i finished the story.

the Shadows of Mordor games are awesome as well
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/29/2020 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 12:51pm
@FLmxer "I don't want to get too burned out on it since the new one shouldn't be to far away."

I'm not sure when the next Assassin's Creed game is coming out, but they're currently streaming a hint of their next setting.

https://live.ubisoft.com/

Looks to be Viking era.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/29/2020 1:02pm
The next Assassin's Creed Game is named: Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Trailer drops tomorrow. Can't wait.

The Shop

peelout
4/29/2020 1:06pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

oh hell yeah, have been hoping for a Viking age game for a long time
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/29/2020 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 1:25pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

peelout wrote:
I know you liked Black Flag for the ship battles. The teaser had battleships on the left of the screen.

Did a little bit of research and some are hinting at a September 29th, 2020 release date on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and X Box Series X.

The new consoles are slated to come out this holiday season. I'll most likely get it for PS5 as a launch title.
Barrett57
4/29/2020 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 2:19pm
FLmxer wrote:
Finished the main story line in Assassins Creed. Still a lot of quests etc to do. There is whole islands and cities I have not even...
A weird part of these games recently is like for instance Cassandra slept with many chick's along the way, even had husband's pay her to satisfy their wives

She's Spartan, homosexuality was normal for them. Good old ancient Greece eh 😂

Great game though, still not close to finishing it.
peelout
4/29/2020 2:37pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

peelout wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I know you liked Black Flag for the ship battles. The teaser had battleships on the left of the screen. Did a little bit of research...
I know you liked Black Flag for the ship battles. The teaser had battleships on the left of the screen.

Did a little bit of research and some are hinting at a September 29th, 2020 release date on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and X Box Series X.

The new consoles are slated to come out this holiday season. I'll most likely get it for PS5 as a launch title.
i actually got to where i really enjoy the ship battles on Odyssey but they're nothing like Black Flag.

but yeah, a Vikings era AC game is right up my alley for sure. can't wait to see the trailer tomorrow.

i also need to re-finish Last of Us before II comes out
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/29/2020 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 2:53pm
The teaser image the Ubisoft artist drew for the location hint/reveal.

The Last of Us II was supposed to come out on May 29th, but it got postponed and is now scheduled to be released on June 19th.
4/29/2020 10:33pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The teaser image the Ubisoft artist drew for the location hint/reveal. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/04/29/424308/s1200_Screenshot_20200429_175148_YouTube.jpg[/img] The Last of Us II was supposed to come out on May 29th, but...

The Last of Us II was supposed to come out on May 29th, but it got postponed and is now scheduled to be released on June 19th.
Nah that’ll be the next postponement date.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/30/2020 7:53am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2020 7:59am
Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Holiday 2020 release.

Available on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Stadia and PC.
peelout
4/30/2020 9:26am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Holiday 2020 release. Available on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Stadia and PC.

Holiday 2020 release.

Available on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Stadia and PC.
looks like i'll be getting a PS5
Barrett57
4/30/2020 10:01am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Holiday 2020 release. Available on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Stadia and PC.

Holiday 2020 release.

Anglo-Saxon and Viking England? I'm in. That looks amazing.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
4/30/2020 10:23am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2020 10:25am
Looks excellent. Odyssey was one of the best games I have played. It had aspects from games I enjoy like red dead redemption, uncharted, battlefield, MW etc. The only minor thing they could touch up on is the wonky gta like bouncing off people as you navigate through busy towns and after you talk with someone and your interaction is complete every single person gasps in terror and acts like you just jumped from the bushes and startled them. Lol These are no big deal. The game play, quests, puzzles and battles are awesome.
At first I just cleared every situation in front of me instead of following the story but after half of the area was completely done I still had not opened huge areas across the sea so I started following the story closer but also clearing the path on the way.
Sunhouse
4/30/2020 11:50am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2020 1:32pm
This looks promising. But I hope they don´t keep too much of the elements of Oddyssey. Tbh, I find it to be a repetitive grind fest. Almost done with it, and it is hard to finish it, just trying to finish the story so I have completed it before Valhalla.

I really miss the AC of old, Oddyssey is goofy. Origins was really good though - loved it!

Edit: noticed the main protagonist is named Eivor. That is a female name, not male.....
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/30/2020 2:24pm
Sunhouse wrote:
This looks promising. But I hope they don´t keep too much of the elements of Oddyssey. Tbh, I find it to be a repetitive grind fest...
This looks promising. But I hope they don´t keep too much of the elements of Oddyssey. Tbh, I find it to be a repetitive grind fest. Almost done with it, and it is hard to finish it, just trying to finish the story so I have completed it before Valhalla.

I really miss the AC of old, Oddyssey is goofy. Origins was really good though - loved it!

Edit: noticed the main protagonist is named Eivor. That is a female name, not male.....
You'll be able to play Eivor as a male or female.

More info HERE and HERE.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
4/30/2020 2:28pm
Its my first Assassins so I really dug it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/30/2020 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2020 2:55pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Still a female name though Grinning
Unisex?

I know a guy named Tracey. Always thought that was a girl's name. Wouldn't want to pick on him, he's big.

Edit: I looked it up for the hell of it. Eivor is definitely a female name. Is it very common in Norway?
Sunhouse
4/30/2020 4:35pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Unisex? I know a guy named Tracey. Always thought that was a girl's name. Wouldn't want to pick on him, he's big. Edit: I looked it...
Unisex?

I know a guy named Tracey. Always thought that was a girl's name. Wouldn't want to pick on him, he's big.

Edit: I looked it up for the hell of it. Eivor is definitely a female name. Is it very common in Norway?
Yes, it’s not an uncommon name, but female only Smile
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/30/2020 4:51pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Yes, it’s not an uncommon name, but female only Smile
Laughing Oh well, I'll still enjoy it.
Sunhouse
5/1/2020 8:49am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Me too, will wait for PS5 though. The loading times on Odyssey are bit too long. Valhalla will probably be even worse.

Speaking of PS5, rumor has it it will be revealed this month! Woohoo
greenmx5
5/1/2020 10:01am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The teaser image the Ubisoft artist drew for the location hint/reveal. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/04/29/424308/s1200_Screenshot_20200429_175148_YouTube.jpg[/img] The Last of Us II was supposed to come out on May 29th, but...

It would've been longer than June 19 I believe, but a disgruntled employee is leaking major plot points to the game. Twitter is a minefield of spoilers. I've managed to dodge all of them. I've waited 5 years for this game, I'm not getting spoiled now.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
5/1/2020 11:04am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Sunhouse wrote:
Me too, will wait for PS5 though. The loading times on Odyssey are bit too long. Valhalla will probably be even worse. Speaking of PS5, rumor...
Me too, will wait for PS5 though. The loading times on Odyssey are bit too long. Valhalla will probably be even worse.

Speaking of PS5, rumor has it it will be revealed this month! Woohoo
Yep, supposed to be revealed this month and somes games in June.

The good news, load times on the PS5 are short.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
5/1/2020 11:18am
greenmx5 wrote:
It would've been longer than June 19 I believe, but a disgruntled employee is leaking major plot points to the game. Twitter is a minefield of...
It would've been longer than June 19 I believe, but a disgruntled employee is leaking major plot points to the game. Twitter is a minefield of spoilers. I've managed to dodge all of them. I've waited 5 years for this game, I'm not getting spoiled now.
Apparently the whole storyline has been leaked. I'm not going to look into it.

The Last of Us II will most likely be released on PS4 and PS5.

In regards to Naughty Dog they have a new original IP game in the works. Not much info, but found this:

5/1/2020 1:55pm
I don't know why but I'm in the mood for something like this, think I might pick it up to sort of zone out on...

Markee
Fantasy
2006th
5/2/2020 6:11pm
Uncharged 4 was free, still might be on PSN. Had never played any of them, but that was a cool ass game. Wish they would release Last of Us 2...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
5/2/2020 7:30pm
Markee wrote:
Uncharged 4 was free, still might be on PSN. Had never played any of them, but that was a cool ass game. Wish they would release...
Uncharged 4 was free, still might be on PSN. Had never played any of them, but that was a cool ass game. Wish they would release Last of Us 2...
If you liked Uncharted 4, look into getting Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. Unfortunately, it's too late now, but it was free on the PSN back in January.

It's the remastered compilation of the first three games in the series:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

There's also Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. That one is a standalone expansion of Uncharted 4.

Post a reply to: PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

The Latest