PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
2/11/2020 11:51am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Sniper Ghost Warrior titles are stand alone games. Not related in any way to the Ghost Recon series. I've played one of the earlier one's, but...
Sniper Ghost Warrior titles are stand alone games. Not related in any way to the Ghost Recon series. I've played one of the earlier one's, but wasnt much of a fan.

Personally, I like the Sniper Elite series.
Right on. I just watched a guy clear an enemy camp very strategically and the graphics were very good. I will check the sniper elite. I noticed this one is not just sniper rifles as the guy killed a few with a machine gun and pistol which is cool. Wasn't sure if it was 100% stealth missions.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/14/2020 2:00am
Just letting you know that the PSN Store is running a flash sale that runs through Monday.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy -- $20 ($40)
Far Cry New Dawn -- $16 ($40)
Just Cause 4 - Complete Edition -- $21 ($70)
Just Cause 4 - Gold Edition -- $18 ($60)
Just Cause 4: Reloaded -- $12 ($40)
NBA 2K20 -- $19.79 ($60)
NBA 2K20 Digital Deluxe Edition -- $26.39 ($80)
Need for Speed Heat -- $30 ($60)
Need for Speed Heat Deluxe Edition -- $35 ($70)
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville -- $20 ($40)
Spyro Reignited Trilogy -- $20 ($40)
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/14/2020 2:14am
I've also been waiting for the following game for a couple years now and it will finally be released on August 25th.

Insurgency: Sandstorm

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/26/2020 1:28am
The two free games from PSN for the month of April are:

-Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
-Dirt Rally 2.0

The Shop

peelout
3/26/2020 8:45am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

-Dirt Rally 2.0
Uncharted 4 : A Thief's End was amazing. i finally played all the way through the rest of the series and loved every second of it. i'll probably give it another go in a few years.

i've been playing (and can't stop playing most nights) Assassin's Creed Odyssey. the game is flat out amazing. the side missions, the sword play, the views/graphics. top notch game.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/26/2020 10:30am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

-Dirt Rally 2.0
peelout wrote:
Uncharted 4 : A Thief's End was amazing. i finally played all the way through the rest of the series and loved every second of it...
Uncharted 4 : A Thief's End was amazing. i finally played all the way through the rest of the series and loved every second of it. i'll probably give it another go in a few years.

i've been playing (and can't stop playing most nights) Assassin's Creed Odyssey. the game is flat out amazing. the side missions, the sword play, the views/graphics. top notch game.
The Uncharted series is amazing. It's one of my favorite series along with Assassin's Creed.

Are you playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey as a man or women? I played as a man. I should've played as a women, I'll just leave it at that Wink
peelout
3/26/2020 10:35am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

-Dirt Rally 2.0
peelout wrote:
Uncharted 4 : A Thief's End was amazing. i finally played all the way through the rest of the series and loved every second of it...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
The Uncharted series is amazing. It's one of my favorite series along with Assassin's Creed. Are you playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey as a man or women...
The Uncharted series is amazing. It's one of my favorite series along with Assassin's Creed.

Are you playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey as a man or women? I played as a man. I should've played as a women, I'll just leave it at that Wink
i started the game as the man but i couldn't stand his voice lol, drove me nuts. i got about 30 minutes in before i had to change.

i'm playing as Kassandra, i'm glad for a lot of reasons. the voice actor nails her role.
Sunhouse
3/26/2020 10:39am
peelout wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
The Uncharted series is amazing. It's one of my favorite series along with Assassin's Creed. Are you playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey as a man or women...

peelout wrote:
i started the game as the man but i couldn't stand his voice lol, drove me nuts. i got about 30 minutes in before i had...
i started the game as the man but i couldn't stand his voice lol, drove me nuts. i got about 30 minutes in before i had to change.

i'm playing as Kassandra, i'm glad for a lot of reasons. the voice actor nails her role.
I play as Alexios and make that guy do all the gay stuff. I find him annoying, so it´s my way to get some payback
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
3/27/2020 8:04am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2020 9:35am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

peelout wrote:
i started the game as the man but i couldn't stand his voice lol, drove me nuts. i got about 30 minutes in before i had...

Sunhouse wrote:
I play as Alexios and make that guy do all the gay stuff. I find him annoying, so it´s my way to get some payback
I downloaded Assassin's creed odyssey a few days ago but my tv in my garage where I play most just had a line through it out of no where and was old. I just hung a new vizio 55 in there last night and excited to start it. Will start as one of the female characters after your advice.
peelout
3/27/2020 9:27am
FLmxer wrote:
I downloaded Assassin's creed odyssey a few days ago but my tv in my garage where I play most just had a line through it out...
I downloaded Assassin's creed odyssey a few days ago but my tv in my garage where I play most just had a line through it out of no where and was old. I just hung a new vizio 55 in there last night and excited to start it. Will start as one of the female characters after your advice.
after trying both i would definitely go with the girl again, she's awesome. the dude's voice is over the top, i've never wanted to reach into the game and slap someone like i did with him in 30 minutes.

i've got over 80 hours and am not even half way through the story or exploring the map. i'm a perfectionist with these kinds of games and i have to collect and clear everything before i move on. i've completely forgotten what my character's story is even doing lol.

also i really dig the abilities system and you can reset if you don't like what direction you went. game is badass
3/27/2020 10:30am
I completed Detroit: Become Human again last weekend but played it completely different, it opened up a totally new part of the game. I’ll play it in another couple of months & try & play if different again.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/2/2020 9:43pm
Assasins Creed is excellent. Starting out at the hot gates battle as Leonidas was awesome. Cassandra is a bad ass. My trick is to lure the higher ranked enemies up on cliffs and then Spartan kick them off the top. Works amazing. The world is huge and the quests are everywhere. Great game.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/2/2020 11:07pm
Not out yet, but if you're into car games, Assetto Corsa Competizione is finally coming to console on June 23rd.

4/5/2020 1:31am
Finished Bioshock 2 last night, only Infinite to go now, strange games but I enjoy playing them. Gonna start Resident Evil 3 at some point today.
4/5/2020 8:00am
I havent has a gaming console since ps2 first came out. But with this quarantine, i Think a ps4 is going to happen. LA noire looks awesome. Are there any racing games that have old classic cars like chevelles,camaros and old muscle? I'll be looking to pick up a racing game as well.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/5/2020 12:28pm
I havent has a gaming console since ps2 first came out. But with this quarantine, i Think a ps4 is going to happen. LA noire looks...
I havent has a gaming console since ps2 first came out. But with this quarantine, i Think a ps4 is going to happen. LA noire looks awesome. Are there any racing games that have old classic cars like chevelles,camaros and old muscle? I'll be looking to pick up a racing game as well.
I know that Project Cars and Project Cars 2 have DLC packs that include older cars. They're both older games, so you can probably get them for cheap.

Great games, BTW.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/5/2020 10:01pm
Just played Assassins Creed for about 12 hours straight. Helped keep my mind off being sick but wow have not done that in many years. Game is awesome.
4/6/2020 8:08pm
So i picked up mortal kombat 11, monster energy sx 3, LA noire and project cars 2. Thanks for that recommendation maveric. Project cars 2 is rough but fun. They have old mustangs and camaros in it so i was geeking out on that. LA noire is cool. I think im starting to figure out the interrogation questions. Been a while sinve ive played video games, my controller skills are terrible!
Sunhouse
4/6/2020 8:52pm
Did anyone try Death Stranding?
My backlog is huge. Currently contemplating Witcher 3, or replay Bloodborne but this time with the DLC...?
Also, anyone excited for PS5? I can´t wait! Happy to see backwards compatibility
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/6/2020 11:00pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Did anyone try Death Stranding? My backlog is huge. Currently contemplating Witcher 3, or replay Bloodborne but this time with the DLC...? Also, anyone excited for...
My backlog is huge. Currently contemplating Witcher 3, or replay Bloodborne but this time with the DLC...?
Also, anyone excited for PS5? I can´t wait! Happy to see backwards compatibility
FLmxer has Death Stranding, so he can probably tell you more about it.

I can't wait for the PS5. Problem is, I'll have to upgrade my TV if I want to enjoy the full experience. That said, it'll only be backwards compatible with the PS4 games, but it's better than nothing.

Next gen Xbox will be backwards compatible all the way back to their first console. That should help them get more sales. They also have a little bit better stats.
Barrett57
4/7/2020 1:48am
Sunhouse wrote:
Did anyone try Death Stranding? My backlog is huge. Currently contemplating Witcher 3, or replay Bloodborne but this time with the DLC...? Also, anyone excited for...
Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games, almost wish I could forget what happens so I could play through it again 😂

The combat might not be the best but the story and the world are amazing.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/7/2020 8:10am
Sunhouse wrote:
Death Stranding is pretty unique. Its kind of a strategy type game where you deliver supplies and liberate little colonies and build roads and bridges to help with travel for supplies while also trying to convince each group to join a grid where they can communicate and share supplies. There are areas overrun by a bunch of ghost like enemies that hold you down until a large creature tries to kill you in an artistic attack. It's a really interesting concept and the scenery is amazing. Trying to run around the mountains etc with goods stacked on your back far past your capabilities is tricky but you figure it out. It got a bit repetitive toward the middle but I enjoyed it and I will most likely finish it someday. I usually finish every game eventually.
Sunhouse
4/7/2020 4:07pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
FLmxer has Death Stranding, so he can probably tell you more about it. I can't wait for the PS5. Problem is, I'll have to upgrade my...
FLmxer has Death Stranding, so he can probably tell you more about it.

I can't wait for the PS5. Problem is, I'll have to upgrade my TV if I want to enjoy the full experience. That said, it'll only be backwards compatible with the PS4 games, but it's better than nothing.

Next gen Xbox will be backwards compatible all the way back to their first console. That should help them get more sales. They also have a little bit better stats.
New controller from PS5 is officially out. Slightly different, and seems like the buttons will get lights.
What sort of TV do you have Mav?

Sunhouse
4/7/2020 4:11pm
Barrett57 wrote:
Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games, almost wish I could forget what happens so I could play through it again 😂 The combat might...
Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games, almost wish I could forget what happens so I could play through it again 😂

The combat might not be the best but the story and the world are amazing.
That´s what everyone tells me Grinning
Can´t wait. Finishing AC Oddyssey for now. At level 36 and can feel the story ending already. Just need to finish off a bunch of cultists.
What are you playing these days, Barrett?
Sunhouse
4/7/2020 4:16pm
FLmxer wrote:
Death Stranding is pretty unique. Its kind of a strategy type game where you deliver supplies and liberate little colonies and build roads and bridges to...
Death Stranding is pretty unique. Its kind of a strategy type game where you deliver supplies and liberate little colonies and build roads and bridges to help with travel for supplies while also trying to convince each group to join a grid where they can communicate and share supplies. There are areas overrun by a bunch of ghost like enemies that hold you down until a large creature tries to kill you in an artistic attack. It's a really interesting concept and the scenery is amazing. Trying to run around the mountains etc with goods stacked on your back far past your capabilities is tricky but you figure it out. It got a bit repetitive toward the middle but I enjoyed it and I will most likely finish it someday. I usually finish every game eventually.
Thanks for the feedback mate. Have been checking out a bunch of reviews and they are all very different. But it seems like something I could enjoy. Good description btw!

So what games are we anticipating this year?
- AC Ragnarok
- TLoU2
- Battlefield non-woke edition
- Ghosts of Tsushima

Anyone?
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
4/7/2020 4:32pm
Definitely going to try The Witcher 3 next. I am going to look into the other upcoming new releases. I like the BF games.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/7/2020 5:06pm
Sunhouse wrote:
New controller from PS5 is officially out. Slightly different, and seems like the buttons will get lights. What sort of TV do you have Mav?
New controller from PS5 is officially out. Slightly different, and seems like the buttons will get lights.
What sort of TV do you have Mav?

I'm still using a 50" Pioneer Elite plasma monitor.

I need to get myself a 4K or 8K setup. I don't watch any sports except for moto so I didn't need a 4K setup since there's still not a lot of 4K content on TV and I don't watch a lot of movies.

Still plenty of time to do research on brands and sizes. I know I'll get something bigger than 50", I just don't know how much bigger.
4/12/2020 4:21am
I’ve completed Resident Evil 3, visionally stunning & excellent gameplay but it’s incredibly short, I did it in about 4 & a half hours, definitely not worth the £50 I paid for it. Wait for a price drop guys.

Also I’ve just completed Outlast, haven’t play it since 2014, really jump scary at times but I fairly decent game. I’m trying to finish games that I’ve started but never completed during the lockdown. One of my friends lent me Spider-Man but I’m not to keen on it at the moment, may just have to give it more time.

The free games this month, in Europe not sure if it’s the same for the rest of the world, are Dirt Rally 2.0 (which is ok for a quick pick up and play) & the other one is Uncharted 4, which I already have.
Barrett57
4/12/2020 5:35am
Sunhouse wrote:
That´s what everyone tells me :lol: Can´t wait. Finishing AC Oddyssey for now. At level 36 and can feel the story ending already. Just need to...
That´s what everyone tells me Grinning
Can´t wait. Finishing AC Oddyssey for now. At level 36 and can feel the story ending already. Just need to finish off a bunch of cultists.
What are you playing these days, Barrett?
I started assassin's creed odyssey and finding it really good, only at level 17 so still a bit to go. Im really enjoying it but I liked the witcher more.

Also world of warships legends, I really enjoy it even though it can be really frustrating. Free to play as well which is even better.

When I want to chill out I play city skylines, I mute it as you don't need sound and put on a pulp mx, whiskey throttle show or a mxvice episode.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/29/2020 11:03am
The 2 free games from PSN for May are:

-Cities: Skylines
-Farming Simulator '19

They'll be available for download starting May 5th.

Post a reply to: PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

The Latest