PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

Related:
Create New Tag

11/11/2019 10:33 PM

FLmxer wrote:

Played Death Standing for about 2 hours with about ten minutes of game play where I carried a baby in a bottle? and my .. moms ...more

Death Stranding aka Postmates Xtreme

|

11/12/2019 5:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2019 6:32 AM

Yea it kind of lost my attention. How about the Monster cans everywhere in the game and at one point you can't go on until you drink one. I will give the game a few more trys. Reviews say to hold on until to the 10 hour mark before the game actually starts. Lol

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

11/12/2019 7:17 PM

FLmxer wrote:

Yea it kind of lost my attention. How about the Monster cans everywhere in the game and at one point you can't go on until you ...more

From what I understand, it is much more of a strategy game than people think. How you load, balance and how much cargo you chose to transport for the terrain etc. is a big part of it. If that is the case, I think I may just give it a shot. It is not an action game, but more of an adult game (from what I have read anyways). The added benefit of leaving your mark on the world by leaving behind helpful tools, ropes etc for other players is kind of cool I think.

I think it will become a cult game and soon "re-reviews" will appear, where they state they didn`t really understand the game the first play through.

|

11/14/2019 7:00 PM

FLmxer wrote:

Yea it kind of lost my attention. How about the Monster cans everywhere in the game and at one point you can't go on until you ...more

Sunhouse wrote:

From what I understand, it is much more of a strategy game than people think. How you load, balance and how much cargo you ...more

Yea I am actually enjoying it now that I understand the controls and concept. It's pretty interesting really.

|

11/16/2019 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2019 7:54 AM

I know this is a ps4 thread but just a heads up - if you have the 1st Monster Energy Supercross game on PC and a VR headset (I'm using the Oculus CV1) then you have got to try the game in VR! The menu system is unworkable (you can barely see what's happening) but once actually in game it's fantastic. The amazing thing about VR is the scaling - everything looks as big as it does in real life. I'm playing as Roczen at the moment in first person and I feel like I'm actually on his CRF 450, I can look down and see the front mudguard, tank, rad scoops and seat, and they look as big as they should. Going up the face of triples etc and looking around in the air (head tracking works) is crazy.

|

11/16/2019 12:03 PM

The new Call of Duty if you don’t mind the sweaty lobbies lol

|

1/21/2020 10:49 AM

I was thinking about doing another Uncharted after watching someone playing it recently. I am not sure what that title was but it looked fun. Uncharted 4 was really good. Is there a new one out or one coming soon? Maybe the one before Uncharted 4. I dont want to have to stream though.

|

1/21/2020 2:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2020 2:21 PM

FLmxer wrote:

I was thinking about doing another Uncharted after watching someone playing it recently. I am not sure what that title was but ...more

Do you have a PSN/PlayStation Plus Online Pass?

If you do, you can download Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection for free.

It's the remastered compilation of the first three games in the series: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

That said, it only includes the single-player components for all 3 games.

You have until February 3rd to download it.

Also, I believe the Nathan Drake story has come to an end.

Edit: Looks like you have a PlayStation Plus membership, so you're good to go. I highly recommend you download it. Awesome series.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/21/2020 3:39 PM

I've been playing world of warships legends, such a fun but frustrating game. I keep coming back for more though.

As an added bonus it's free to play, you can also max out the whole game without spending a penny if you want.

|

I no longer regret my username.

1/22/2020 1:08 AM

FLmxer wrote:

I was thinking about doing another Uncharted after watching someone playing it recently. I am not sure what that title was but ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Do you have a PSN/PlayStation Plus Online Pass?

If you do, you can download Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection for free.
...more

Don’t forgot the spin off, Lost Legacy. A bit shorter than the regular games & you play as Nadine & I think it’s Chole from the earlier ones. Well worth a go.

One game I was seriously impressed with was Detroit Become Human. One of the best games I’ve ever played.

|

1/22/2020 6:33 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Don’t forgot the spin off, Lost Legacy. A bit shorter than the regular games & you play as Nadine & I think it’s Chole ...more

Lost Legacy isn't included in that bundle, but that's another game in the Uncharted universe. I haven't played it yet. I wanted to, but I just never got around to it.

I also have Detroit: Become Human. I think I did 1 mission and it's been sitting on the shelf ever since and not because it's a bad game. I just tend to play games for a while and then the PS4 sits idle for months.

I need to finish that one. Really cool concept.

|

1/22/2020 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2020 8:36 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Don’t forgot the spin off, Lost Legacy. A bit shorter than the regular games & you play as Nadine & I think it’s Chole ...more

Detroit Become Human was awesome. i got to the end and was like, "oh fuck, oh shit, oh dammit, oh no!" if you've played it all the way through you know what i mean. lot of big decisions in that game.

i always meant to play through it again but i have to have a couple years between play-throughs with those type of games. i started RDR2 immediately after and just couldn't do it again (even though that's my favorite game of all time).

i played Uncharted 1 all the way through in 2 days. then i started 2 and got a couple hours in and haven't touched it since. i like those games, it's a lot like Tomb Raider. i haven't even heard of the Lost Legacy, i'll have to check it out.

i'm playing Ghost Recon Wildlands still trying to 100% it, after i'm done i'm going to finish the Nathan Drake story. one thing i can't stand about the Uncharted games though is the gun-play is absolute shit. bad guys are bullet sponges and trying to hit anyone is like throwing darts with a blind fold. i think if the gun-play was better it'd be more enjoyable.

|

1/22/2020 9:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2020 9:53 AM

peelout wrote:

Detroit Become Human was awesome. i got to the end and was like, "oh fuck, oh shit, oh dammit, oh no!" if you've played it all ...more

I’m itching to play Detroit again but I only finished it on Saturday just gone.

I’ve been playing loads lately with my gf, recently we’ve played The Last Of Us, Uncharted 4, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, Call of Duty WW2, Bioshock 1 & then Detroit. Currently playing Beyond Two Souls.

I loved RD2, the only thing putting me off playing again is the prologue, I found it really tedious.

Need to start Horizon Zero Dawn & God of War again.

|

1/22/2020 11:57 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

I’m itching to play Detroit again but I only finished it on Saturday just gone.

I’ve been playing loads lately with my gf, ...more

agree on RDR2 with the prologue. should have ended when the main story ended (if you got the honorable GOOD ending then that was the ONLY way to end it). i had a really hard time picking it up and playing the prologue, it sounds lame as hell but i was a bit heart broken. never felt that way about a game or character before.

for me, Horizon Zero Dawn was really good until about 6 hours in then i lost all interest.

my wife likes to watch sometimes but not play most games. she liked watching me play Detroit.

don't know if you've heard of it, but try out Until Dawn. my wife loves playing it.

|

1/22/2020 12:25 PM

peelout wrote:

agree on RDR2 with the prologue. should have ended when the main story ended (if you got the honorable GOOD ending then that ...more

If you liked Detroit: Become Human, look into the game Heavy Rain. It's made by the same game developer. It was originally a PS3 exclusive, but it's been ported to the PS4. I enjoyed that one as well.

It's a slower paced game. You have to make decisions, look for clues, etc. Similar to L.A. Noire (another fantastic game) in a sense.

You can get Heavy Rain on the PSN store as a bundle with another game called Beyond: Two Souls (also made by Quantic Dreams).

|

1/23/2020 1:05 AM

peelout wrote:

agree on RDR2 with the prologue. should have ended when the main story ended (if you got the honorable GOOD ending then that ...more

I’ve got Until Dawn, played through at least twice now. Order 1886 is another interesting game.

|

1/23/2020 2:50 PM

FLmxer wrote:

A bit late to the party, but I'll add my vote to the uncharted 3 pack. I got it from Wal-Mart for like $40 cdn. And the spin-off lost legacy was cool to. They all play pretty similar but the cinematics and story was what really got me into them.

|

1/23/2020 2:51 PM

Another one I just came back to is Diablo 3 since they've announced #4 is coming out soon. Again very cool cinematics and story.

Plus I found a game called wreckfest. Basically a demo derby/dirt track racing game. Easy to kill an hour smashing some shit lol.

|

1/25/2020 6:42 AM

Get a PC and try Counterstrike. Thank me later

|

1/25/2020 8:29 AM

Been playing the the Uncharted 3 pack until 2 or 3 am the last few nights. Pretty fun.

|

1/30/2020 8:12 AM

I finished the Drake series and the lost legacy in like 3 or 4 days. Lol it was very fun and the controls and landscape were awesome. Need something new now. Is Horizon any good?

|

1/30/2020 9:13 AM

FLmxer wrote:

I finished the Drake series and the lost legacy in like 3 or 4 days. Lol it was very fun and the controls and landscape were ...more

Just letting you know the free games for February from the PSN store are: The Sims 4 and BioShock: The Collection. If you have PSVR you can also download Firewall Zero Hour.

BioShock: The Collection includes 3 games. BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite. The games were remastered from PS3 and included is also all their DLC content.

You can download those starting February 4th.

I mentioned it above, but L.A. Noire was a great game. The story takes place in Los Angeles in the late 1940's. It was originally released in 2011 for the PS3 but they remastered it and released on PS4 in 2017.

|

1/30/2020 10:04 AM

FLmxer wrote:

I finished the Drake series and the lost legacy in like 3 or 4 days. Lol it was very fun and the controls and landscape were ...more

Horizon is loved by many, amazing visuals. i played it and really enjoyed the first 4 or 5 hours but i got to a point that i just couldn't keep my interest in it. it's a great game and great combat. i've thought about giving it another go.

|

1/30/2020 12:55 PM

Anyone ever played Darkwood? Friends of mine told me it’s a scary game and it’s top down gameplay. Didn’t think it could be scary being top down but it definitely is.

|

1/30/2020 2:05 PM

Awesome and thank you. I am going to check them out. I did play a couple of the bio-shocks. My streaming is real laggy so cant go back too far where I can't download them.

|

1/30/2020 10:30 PM

Finished Beyond Two Souls the other night, highly recommend. Started playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy again.

|

1/31/2020 8:22 AM

I was late to the Uncharted series, and bought the bundle for PS3 back in 2013 and was hooked. Lost Legacy is just a teaser for a much bigger Nadine and Chloe series, I bet. And I don’t mind, the gane was great, and Chloe had the best video game ass in history in Uncharted 2wink

RDR2 I will play again, but not in a couple of years. It was too big and slow for me to venture into that world again. I liked the prologue though. Gave me the transition from Arthur and to John and RDR1.

Horizon Zero Dawn: dragged me through the first few hours and didn’t like it. Thought it was over rated. Stuck through it though and had sooooo many «wtf-moments» in terms of story and graphics. If you’re interested, just please stay in there and keep going. The game gets soooo good. Rumor has it a second version i coming out with PS5, and I can’t wait. Bought a 4k HDR TV just for this game and it sure didn’t. Disappoint!

Bioshock is awesome! Download and enjoy. Haben’t started Infinite yet though. Will have to very soon.

Anyone excited for PS5? I’m thrilled, and with backwards compatibility you can play all the games you missed out on earlier

|

1/31/2020 9:34 AM

I always thought a Moto game like grand turismo would be sick. Where you can race vintage classes with certain type of bikes and what not. I think there is a street version if I remember correctly but never seen a dirt type one.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

1/31/2020 10:12 AM

Sunhouse wrote:

I was late to the Uncharted series, and bought the bundle for PS3 back in 2013 and was hooked. Lost Legacy is just a teaser ...more

Definitely excited for the PS5, I’ll preorder as soon as I can. Just before Christmas I bought myself a 55” OLED Panasonic TV, Pioneer AV receiver with 4K pass through & a set of Dolby Atmos Onkyo speakers basically to get ready for the PS5.

|

2/11/2020 9:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2020 9:44 AM

Just played a ton of L.A.Noire. Pretty cool game, it is GTA but you are 1940's LAPD detectives. As Mav said you go to crime scenes and find clues and suspects and interrogate them. Many routes and decisions to make when interrogating which can change the outcome. Also random crimes happen along the way. Hilarious commentary and everybody is pretty rude to each other across the board. Lol
Downloading Monster energy SX at the moment of course but the game I just randomly came across is Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts
I just watched a live stream and it looked really good. I guess there is a bunch of sniper titles I have never played listed as similar titles. Are they Ghost recon spin offs? Is anyone familiar with them?

|