PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

peelout
6/13/2022 11:43am
as a huge fan of both Fallout4 and NMS, this looks a little on the dull side. but it could be the direction of the trailer. looks like a grim version of Fallout4 and Mass Effect to me.
Sunhouse
6/13/2022 11:57am
peelout wrote:
as a huge fan of both Fallout4 and NMS, this looks a little on the dull side. but it could be the direction of the trailer...
as a huge fan of both Fallout4 and NMS, this looks a little on the dull side. but it could be the direction of the trailer. looks like a grim version of Fallout4 and Mass Effect to me.
I agree. But I guess it´s a showcase more than a "best-of". But it does look a little dated, obviously running on a typical Bethesda engine. Keeping fingers crossed for a good game again.

BTW: anyone got the cheaper next gen Xbox? Been thinking of getting one while waiting for PS5 to be available. Would be fun to play both systems without cashing out too much. Is it any good?
Sunhouse
7/6/2022 1:08pm
Finally managed to get a PS5 about 2 weeks ago. What a nice upgrade that was! It came with Horizon Forbidden West. It was really good, but after finishing it I am a little done with it. It was massive, and after doing a lot of side missions I finished it after around 80h. Don’t know what to play now, a little worn on open world games. But I have bought Elden Ring and Ghost of Tsushima🙈
Anyone got a non-rpg to recommend? If not I will download BF1 and continue my reign online for a few days and then dive head first into Elden Ring. Tips are lost welcome!

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
7/6/2022 4:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2022 5:27am
I have not played a God of War or the Horizons. They look awesome.
Sunhouse
7/6/2022 11:53pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
God of War Ragnarök. Out November 9th.
God of War Ragnarök. Out November 9th.

Will be interesting to see if they bring something new to the formula this time. Liked the first, but it was quite linear. Maybe it’s time to give Elden Ring a try after all. FromSoft’s games are rarely relaxing though😅
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/7/2022 11:55am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2022 11:55am
I know Peely has been wanting a pirate game, so check out the following.

Skull and Bones. Out November 8th.

Cinematic Trailer

Gameplay Overview Trailer

Skull and Bones: Ship Combat, Customization, and Progression Gameplay

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
7/7/2022 5:28pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I know Peely has been wanting a pirate game, so check out the following. Skull and Bones. Out November 8th. Cinematic Trailer Gameplay Overview Trailer Skull...
I know Peely has been wanting a pirate game, so check out the following.

Skull and Bones. Out November 8th.

Cinematic Trailer

Gameplay Overview Trailer

Skull and Bones: Ship Combat, Customization, and Progression Gameplay

That looks awesome. Definitely on the want list. I have been milking battlefield and they have improved it greatly with the maps from older versions but still not the best. Definitely fun. I'm just holding off on a new game yet and trying to be extra productive to get over to the new property fulltime so I can relax and make life better for my animals and family. Then soon I can ride and fish in my back yard. There is only satellite internet out there though so streaming is horrible for now.
7/12/2022 7:06am
Sunhouse wrote:
Finally managed to get a PS5 about 2 weeks ago. What a nice upgrade that was! It came with Horizon Forbidden West. It was really good...
Finally managed to get a PS5 about 2 weeks ago. What a nice upgrade that was! It came with Horizon Forbidden West. It was really good, but after finishing it I am a little done with it. It was massive, and after doing a lot of side missions I finished it after around 80h. Don’t know what to play now, a little worn on open world games. But I have bought Elden Ring and Ghost of Tsushima🙈
Anyone got a non-rpg to recommend? If not I will download BF1 and continue my reign online for a few days and then dive head first into Elden Ring. Tips are lost welcome!
Ratchet & Clank is an awesome game.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
7/22/2022 10:50am
The Last of Us 1 looks like it's enhanced for PS5. I never played 1 but 2 was good.
peelout
7/22/2022 11:29am
FLmxer wrote:
The Last of Us 1 looks like it's enhanced for PS5. I never played 1 but 2 was good.
1 was the reason i bought my PS4, i've played through it 5 times, it was incredible. i still haven't played 2, i want to wait until i have the time to really put into it without getting distracted.
holyroller1
Fantasy
282nd
7/22/2022 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2022 12:25pm
FLmxer wrote:
peelout wrote:
1 was the reason i bought my PS4, i've played through it 5 times, it was incredible. i still haven't played 2, i want to wait...
1 was the reason i bought my PS4, i've played through it 5 times, it was incredible. i still haven't played 2, i want to wait until i have the time to really put into it without getting distracted.
The PS5 remake for Part 1 is due Sept 2, 2022.
Sunhouse
7/24/2022 1:45am
FLmxer wrote:
If you haven’t played it, it’s the next game to get. It’s that good! I had the ps4 remastered so don’t think I will buy it again. But damn what a story and world they’ve built!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/27/2022 4:03pm
Free PSN games for August:

-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle (PS5 and PS4)
-Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS5 and PS4)
-Little Nightmares (PS4)
peelout
8/1/2022 10:55am
i bought Spider Man : Miles Morales about a year ago for super cheap and am finally getting around to playing it. i like it just as much as the first Spider Man game. seriously fun game and amazing visuals.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/10/2022 7:36pm
Ubisoft held its annual Ubisoft Forward event today.

More things are shown about Skull and Bones. Press play and it'll start at the right location.

World Context Trailer

Gameplay Trailer

Developer Trailer Breakdown

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/10/2022 7:37pm
Assassin's Creed Showcase (About 30 minutes long)

Assassin's Creed Mirage: Cinematic World Premiere

Assassin's Creed Mirage: Developer Trailer Breakdown

Homey
9/13/2022 4:07pm
FLmxer wrote:
I have not played a God of War or the Horizons. They look awesome.
Dang man your still here chatting it up?
You ever get the urge to play some Destiny on the PS5 hit a brotha up.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/13/2022 5:01pm
Hey Homey! Long time. Hope you are doing well my friend. Yea it's not easy having fun. Still here daily for some odd reason. Still a lot of good and interesting folks here. I have not really found someone I didn't like yet but there is always hope. Lol I played the original Destiny and really enjoyed it. I'll have to check out the latest.
Homey
9/13/2022 5:13pm
Nice bud.
Yeah it has been a minute. Was waiting for the Moto Drivel FF draft and was like lets see what is happening over here.
Doing decent myself I hope you are doing well too and your back is holding up..
Still need to get down your way and catch some of those Reds. I am working in TX so if you ever venture this way I always have plenty of beer and gas money if we are going fishing.

I am on PS5 play Destiny 2, Borderlands 3, Falllout 76 are my top 3. Play outriders, Farcry or Division 2 if I am really bored but not often.

Hit me up on PSN bro. I'll pm you my gamer tag
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
9/17/2022 7:35am
I was looking through my catalog of games I purchased and it says I purchased one of the Horizon games on ps4. I kind of think I remember getting it and maybe didn't have enough room or something on the ps4. It says download on my ps5 and it appears to be loading so we will see.
Dirt.Squirt
9/17/2022 8:15am
Just came here to say I’ve been playing skate 3 a ton lately and am hooked. May have been a ps3 game but wouldn’t be surprised if it was backwards compatible like it is on the Xbox one
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/17/2022 9:20am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2022 9:27am
Just came here to say I’ve been playing skate 3 a ton lately and am hooked. May have been a ps3 game but wouldn’t be surprised...
Just came here to say I’ve been playing skate 3 a ton lately and am hooked. May have been a ps3 game but wouldn’t be surprised if it was backwards compatible like it is on the Xbox one
There's a new Skate game in development for new gen consoles.

https://youtu.be/zGKIKqr5nAA

In the meantime, this is coming out next week. No points scoring, nothing. Just skateboarding.

https://youtu.be/Riz4ZOXbZuU

https://youtu.be/kTo59FyCHhs

https://youtu.be/Eh4zL56SKSU
Dirt.Squirt
9/17/2022 11:29am
So pumped for the new skate. Didn’t see sessions deff gonna check that out
motoman617
11/5/2022 11:47am
New God of War coming out next week. Early release reviews are very good. Was able to snag a PS5 directly from the PlayStation store this week and it arrived yesterday. I pre-ordered God of War as soon as I got it setup.

Anybody else getting it?
11/5/2022 4:37pm
motoman617 wrote:
New God of War coming out next week. Early release reviews are very good. Was able to snag a PS5 directly from the PlayStation store this...
New God of War coming out next week. Early release reviews are very good. Was able to snag a PS5 directly from the PlayStation store this week and it arrived yesterday. I pre-ordered God of War as soon as I got it setup.

Anybody else getting it?
I am.
11/5/2022 5:02pm
I'd never played a God of War game but after seeing the recent reviews for ragnarok, I decided now might be a good time to pick up the 2018 release (only cost me £12 new) in an attempt to get into it, and also see if it's for me as a series before I fork out considerably more money for the latest one. Very much enjoying it so far - only a couple of hrs in but it's obviously been painstakingly crafted with care.
peelout
11/5/2022 5:31pm
Just came here to say I’ve been playing skate 3 a ton lately and am hooked. May have been a ps3 game but wouldn’t be surprised...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There's a new Skate game in development for new gen consoles. https://youtu.be/zGKIKqr5nAA In the meantime, this is coming out next week. No points scoring, nothing. Just...
There's a new Skate game in development for new gen consoles.

https://youtu.be/zGKIKqr5nAA

In the meantime, this is coming out next week. No points scoring, nothing. Just skateboarding.

https://youtu.be/Riz4ZOXbZuU

https://youtu.be/kTo59FyCHhs

https://youtu.be/Eh4zL56SKSU
I had all the Tony Hawk games and loved them. SKATE was just different in such a good way, I loved the first couple games so good. I think I need to upgrade hardware this might be the game to make me pull the trigger
peelout
11/5/2022 5:35pm
I'd never played a God of War game but after seeing the recent reviews for ragnarok, I decided now might be a good time to pick...
I'd never played a God of War game but after seeing the recent reviews for ragnarok, I decided now might be a good time to pick up the 2018 release (only cost me £12 new) in an attempt to get into it, and also see if it's for me as a series before I fork out considerably more money for the latest one. Very much enjoying it so far - only a couple of hrs in but it's obviously been painstakingly crafted with care.
I've played them all and the latest game was my favorite. Might be because I have a son now and it just hit different but well worth the purchase.
flow
11/6/2022 8:16am
Disco Elysium is crazy good if you are into narrative.

I house sat for 6 days for a buddy while he was on vacation and finally got to play Ghost of Tsushima and that was a fucking blast, although it got repetitive after a while. I love the open world dodge/parry/attack stuff like Witcher 3, newer Assassins Creeds, Jedi Fallen Order, etc. Not overtly exciting gameplay but it's become like a comfort food for me.

Post a reply to: PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

The Latest