PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
5/17/2021 11:53am
FLmxer wrote:
I have not played one game since my laptop crashed. Need a new game for ps4. I really wanted to finish Skyrim on my laptop but...
I have not played one game since my laptop crashed. Need a new game for ps4. I really wanted to finish Skyrim on my laptop but I am sure it is all lost. I'm sending it in tomorrow. I had just started Monster energyvSX too. Too busy lately.
kongols wrote:
Which laptop? MSI?
yes. I fell asleep with it on sitting on a table and in morning it was black screen and no response. keys light up but nothing on screen. I was supposed to send in today but been too busy so far.
kongols
5/17/2021 12:51pm
FLmxer wrote:
I have not played one game since my laptop crashed. Need a new game for ps4. I really wanted to finish Skyrim on my laptop but...
I have not played one game since my laptop crashed. Need a new game for ps4. I really wanted to finish Skyrim on my laptop but I am sure it is all lost. I'm sending it in tomorrow. I had just started Monster energyvSX too. Too busy lately.
kongols wrote:
Which laptop? MSI?
FLmxer wrote:
yes. I fell asleep with it on sitting on a table and in morning it was black screen and no response. keys light up but nothing...
yes. I fell asleep with it on sitting on a table and in morning it was black screen and no response. keys light up but nothing on screen. I was supposed to send in today but been too busy so far.
Let me know what they tell you, because I`ve been abusing the shit out of mine. No problems so far.
peelout
5/17/2021 1:16pm
Anyone thinking about getting Mass Effect remaster? I’ve never played the games but they do look pretty good plus they’ve upped the res & fps for...
Anyone thinking about getting Mass Effect remaster? I’ve never played the games but they do look pretty good plus they’ve upped the res & fps for the next gen consoles.

On a side note is it possible for the OP or mods to add PS5 into the title as it’s more relevant now?
i loved Mass Effect 1 and 2. 3 wasn't my favorite but mainly because i didn't care for how they ended it.

Andromeda was a shit show.

i'll definitely be getting the remaster. 1 is still one of my favorite action RPG style games ever.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/26/2021 6:02pm
The free PSN games for PS4 and PS5 for the month of June are:

-Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown
-Star Wars: Squadrons
-Operation Tango

The Shop

Sunhouse
6/3/2021 3:10pm
Battlefield 6 reveal on June 9th, and it looks to be a modern setting. The leaks could be true.
Also; this gem shown this week. Really hope I can get a PS5 in time for this
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/3/2021 4:39pm
^^^ Battlefield is going to be set approximately 10 years in the future, so around year 2030-2032. Going to have modern weapons and prototypes currently being developed. It will also apparently have military robots/robot dogs and drones.

I'm not sure how I feel about robots. I've never been a big sci-fi type of guy, but since the military are working on them, I suppose it makes sense to implement them. I just hope it's limited. The last thing I'd want is a bunch of robots going around just to get massive kill streaks. If that's what you want, go play COD. Grinning

Supposed to include extreme weather. Read something about tornados changing the landscape of the maps in a big way.

The maps might feature 128 players as well.

I'm looking forward to it.
6/3/2021 10:37pm
I’m currently play The Last of Us 2 again, I thought the storyline was meh the first time but because there’s been a update to allow 60fps I thought I’d give it another go. There still are bits that I don’t l care for in the story but the gameplay is really good. I’m going for plat this time as well.
Sunhouse
6/4/2021 8:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
^^^ Battlefield is going to be set approximately 10 years in the future, so around year 2030-2032. Going to have modern weapons and prototypes currently being...
^^^ Battlefield is going to be set approximately 10 years in the future, so around year 2030-2032. Going to have modern weapons and prototypes currently being developed. It will also apparently have military robots/robot dogs and drones.

I'm not sure how I feel about robots. I've never been a big sci-fi type of guy, but since the military are working on them, I suppose it makes sense to implement them. I just hope it's limited. The last thing I'd want is a bunch of robots going around just to get massive kill streaks. If that's what you want, go play COD. Grinning

Supposed to include extreme weather. Read something about tornados changing the landscape of the maps in a big way.

The maps might feature 128 players as well.

I'm looking forward to it.
This is kind of a make it or break it release for BF. Saw on YT that they have hired a GM from COD this time. That worries me a lot. BF3 and BF1 have been gaming highlights for me😅
peelout
6/4/2021 10:03am
I’m currently play The Last of Us 2 again, I thought the storyline was meh the first time but because there’s been a update to allow...
I’m currently play The Last of Us 2 again, I thought the storyline was meh the first time but because there’s been a update to allow 60fps I thought I’d give it another go. There still are bits that I don’t l care for in the story but the gameplay is really good. I’m going for plat this time as well.
still haven't played TLOU2. i loved the first game.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/4/2021 12:21pm
Sunhouse wrote:
This is kind of a make it or break it release for BF. Saw on YT that they have hired a GM from COD this time...
This is kind of a make it or break it release for BF. Saw on YT that they have hired a GM from COD this time. That worries me a lot. BF3 and BF1 have been gaming highlights for me😅
Battlefield 3 was great. I didn't get into Battlefield 1 all that much. I still enjoy Battlefield 5 from time to time.

To be honest, I'm still waiting for EA/DICE to put out a Battlefield Bad Company 3. Seriously, what's the hold up?

Bad Company 2 was the shit. The campaign and online play were excellent, IMO.

They also need to bring back hardcore mode.

Just curious, are you able to fly planes and/or helicopters in any of the games? I can't fly anything worth a shit. Grinning
6/4/2021 3:59pm
I’m currently play The Last of Us 2 again, I thought the storyline was meh the first time but because there’s been a update to allow...
peelout wrote:
still haven't played TLOU2. i loved the first game.
I would recommend it, I’m finding more fun the 2nd time around.
Sunhouse
6/4/2021 4:16pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Battlefield 3 was great. I didn't get into Battlefield 1 all that much. I still enjoy Battlefield 5 from time to time. To be honest, I'm...
Battlefield 3 was great. I didn't get into Battlefield 1 all that much. I still enjoy Battlefield 5 from time to time.

To be honest, I'm still waiting for EA/DICE to put out a Battlefield Bad Company 3. Seriously, what's the hold up?

Bad Company 2 was the shit. The campaign and online play were excellent, IMO.

They also need to bring back hardcore mode.

Just curious, are you able to fly planes and/or helicopters in any of the games? I can't fly anything worth a shit. Grinning
Yeah, can fly them pretty well, but it took a lot of practice. But once you learn it, you can get insane amounts of kills, and turn a match around for the team. I even like flying the heli and making sure the gunner gets good shots. The gunner is super important and quite accurate if you line up the chopper well. Really depends on your teammates, you can quickly tell who is silently cooperating and understand the games. Newbs and COD players are pretty useless for the team Pinch
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/4/2021 4:59pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Yeah, can fly them pretty well, but it took a lot of practice. But once you learn it, you can get insane amounts of kills, and...
Yeah, can fly them pretty well, but it took a lot of practice. But once you learn it, you can get insane amounts of kills, and turn a match around for the team. I even like flying the heli and making sure the gunner gets good shots. The gunner is super important and quite accurate if you line up the chopper well. Really depends on your teammates, you can quickly tell who is silently cooperating and understand the games. Newbs and COD players are pretty useless for the team Pinch
Speaking of teams, it looks like we might get squads of 8 members. That's good and bad in my opinion.

With a 4 player squad, I think it works fairly well even if you play with random players. An 8 player squad might be a problem, but if you're matched up with 8 guys that know how to play, you'll be able to inflict a tremendous amount of damage.
Sunhouse
6/6/2021 3:01pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Speaking of teams, it looks like we might get squads of 8 members. That's good and bad in my opinion. With a 4 player squad, I...
Speaking of teams, it looks like we might get squads of 8 members. That's good and bad in my opinion.

With a 4 player squad, I think it works fairly well even if you play with random players. An 8 player squad might be a problem, but if you're matched up with 8 guys that know how to play, you'll be able to inflict a tremendous amount of damage.
Yeah, good point. 8 good players in a squad will crush everyone else. Will be interesting to see how that pans out
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/9/2021 8:19am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2021 8:28am
Battlefield 2042.

-128 players (capped at 64 on PS4 and Xbox One with reduced map sizes)
-All-out warfare makes its return.
-Release Date: October 22nd.

6/9/2021 9:33am
I’ve got the new Rachet & Clank on ore order. It looks frigging amazing. The first true next gen game.
Sunhouse
6/9/2021 11:47am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Battlefield 2042. -128 players (capped at 64 on PS4 and Xbox One with reduced map sizes) -All-out warfare makes its return. -Release Date: October 22nd.
Battlefield 2042.

-128 players (capped at 64 on PS4 and Xbox One with reduced map sizes)
-All-out warfare makes its return.
-Release Date: October 22nd.

So basically they use maps from 3 and 4, or is it just a showcase of the Franchise?
Underwelmed but will keep hoping for a good gameplay reveal😅
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/9/2021 1:16pm
Sunhouse wrote:
So basically they use maps from 3 and 4, or is it just a showcase of the Franchise? Underwelmed but will keep hoping for a good...
So basically they use maps from 3 and 4, or is it just a showcase of the Franchise?
Underwelmed but will keep hoping for a good gameplay reveal😅
Yeah, we should have a better idea on Sunday.

I'm just glad the game is not set super far into the future.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
6/9/2021 1:57pm
bday release date! nice. Just told my wife. Hopefully I have a PS5 by then. I have not looked but is it any easier to get one yet?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/9/2021 6:21pm
Just read that Battlefield 2042 is multi-player only. I get that multi-player is massive, but I quite enjoy playing campaign mode.

A bit disappointing, TBH.
DoctorJD
6/11/2021 7:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Just read that Battlefield 2042 is multi-player only. I get that multi-player is massive, but I quite enjoy playing campaign mode.

A bit disappointing, TBH.
I'm the polar opposite, I rarely do the campaigns on these games.

Mav, I don't know if it's any consolation, but there is going to be a co-op mode. I still don't think these are campaign-based, but at least you can unleash against the AI with other organic-based lifeforms. Probably a "Rush" type game mode but with humans vs AI. It actually sounds kind of fun

I'm finally pumped about a Battlefield game for the first time since BF4. Hell, I still play BF4! Just played last night, in fact. IMVHO the best FPS ever made. Now I gotta upgrade my PC.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
6/11/2021 8:56am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2021 8:57am
I love the campaign and am usually blown away at the characteristics but feel like the campaign is nothing like the actual multi player usually and almost like 2 different games. Also the last few campaigns i played were so short and could usually finish in one or two sitting. I think BF1 and BF3 are some of my favorite multi player and some original Call of duty before the jet packs. I wore controllers out on those for sure. My internet has never worked that great in my area so that has always been a random headache.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/12/2021 1:18pm
Just got done watching Ubisoft Forward E3's press conference and they dropped the following at the end.

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
6/13/2021 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2021 1:09pm
Uh oh I did it. Bought a ps5 and Assassins Creed Valhalla. It said delivery the 16th but after I did transaction it says 21st. I have not looked in awhile so maybe I jumped the gun and easier to get these days but I have a link saved from when I was looking a lot months ago that shows the updated inventory of Walmart, Best buy, Amazon, Target etc. Amazon was out so next link was Walmart and for the first time it said available so I just bought it, a game and an extra controller. Good times.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/14/2021 5:52pm
Far Cry 6 out October 7th.

Villain Antón Castillo.

Gameplay Trailer

peelout
6/15/2021 11:53am
i picked up Jurassic World Evolution for $10 on the PS Store this weekend and have been playing it. super fun park simulator but man there is no instruction on how to do even the simplest tasks. it's been fun to figure out though. i can see this one being a long-time play for me.

until Far Cry 6 comes out at least...

Post a reply to: PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

The Latest