PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

mxrider971
10/26/2018 10:15am
Is there any Dark Souls / Bloodborne fans here? I think I might be the only one on this forum who loves those games, I can't...
Is there any Dark Souls / Bloodborne fans here?

I think I might be the only one on this forum who loves those games, I can't remember seeing them mentioned before.
I love Dark Souls. I’ve played them all. Went through Darks Souls 3 about 7 times. I’d recommend it to anyone who’s up for a good challenge.
mx617
10/26/2018 11:28am
Uncharted looks super cool, definitely going to give that a shot. Lots of great stuff in here, thanks guys!
Sunhouse
10/27/2018 4:23pm
Yeah, doing a 2nd run now, and yes Old Yharnam is a bitch! :) That guy with the Gatling gun... I don't think I've ever beaten...
Yeah, doing a 2nd run now, and yes Old Yharnam is a bitch! Smile That guy with the Gatling gun... I don't think I've ever beaten him directly, only by tricking him into falling off the roof.

Have you found the hunter armour in Central Yharnam? Generally armour isn't as important in BB as the DS games, but it's still a good idea to have this early set: @ around 1.46 and onward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYq3efQ0Qh4 I'm sure you do have this but I thought it worth mentioning just in case as it is possible to miss.

Another thing you probably know but may not - learn to parry with the pistol. The pistol isn't for dealing direct damage, only really for parrying. Some bosses can be parried (including the very first one) and this can save your skin. I know it's yet another resource (silver bullets) but it's very important to learn. Practice on the easier enemies in Central Yharnam.

I'm no expert on the game but just keep plugging away. Try and learn the attacks and, I think with Amelia, a good strategy is to try and get behind her. That's what I did I think, though not what he does here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv5-QI521zw These very skilled players always make it look easier than it is. Also, if you have some 'Numbing mist', that will stop her from healing.

In the early areas almost all my stat points went into health and strength. If you have to farm for health items then a good spot is the lantern back in Central Yharnam - the 2 giant troll guys (before the bridge with the huge rolling fire-ball) almost always drop 2 health vials each, as do the werewolfs if you feel like taking them on again. I know it's a pain but it's sort of part of the game unfortunately (in the DS games you only had to rest at a bonfire and all your health items were returned... I miss that system!).

Don't forget also to repair your weapon. Have you also searched the 2 areas to the right and left of the cathedral where Vicar Amelia is? The left hand side has its own path that leads through a cave and some woods, and eventually leads to another boss (a witch), that's where you go to get the rune workshop tool - allowing you to enhance your stats with runes etc. The right side has a Kidnapper (though the path to it is easy to miss), if this kills you it should transport you to yet another new area - so maybe worth letting it do so

Another option if you're looking to build up further is to go to one of the grave stones in the dream area and create a chalice dungeon. Personally I ignore the "root versions" as they're just the same dungeons but randomised. Do all the depth 1 and depth 2 dungeons that you can. You'll get lots of items, more bosses (easier ones) and be able to level up some more. These areas also have illusionary walls hiding further areas, so search carefully by hitting "suspicious" looking walls.

Game's definitely proving harder than I remember for myself too tbh... I just got done with Martyr Logarius and that took for-fu@king-ever!

Thanks for all the tips, mate!
I did have the hunter armor, and I have killed the witch. Managed to kill Vicar Amelia yesterday while waiting for RDR2 to install the disk.
I find that the way from the witch and to the cathedral is a really good place for farming blood echoes. Now I have finally entered the woods. Its nice to finally get to a new area, but the guy with the gattling gun still annoys me. Would like to kill him, but they have patched the glitch where he would fall off the tower (I checked and tried many times)

I use the hunters axe and extend it, feel like I can better manage the enemies with a little distance. But I have also figured out that I should probably develop some parry skills with the gun. It just won't let me equip it for some reason. Don't know what I'm doing wrong Laughing
mx617
11/13/2018 1:06pm
Already posted in the main forum, but figured I'd close this thread out with a couple pick of our baby girl, Amelia.

And thanks for recommending uncharted, that's a lot of fun. Working on #3 right now.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/20/2018 10:37am
If any of you are looking to get some games for really good prices check out Ubisoft. The new Assassin's Creed Odyssey is on sale for 50% off.

Note: For some reason clicking the link doesn't redirect properly so just copy paste the link in the search bar and it'll take you to all the PS4 games they have on sale. If you have an Xbox One just filter the results for that console.

https://store.ubi.com/ca/black-friday/ps4/?lang=en

I can't see the US prices but here's some of the prices in CAD to give you an idea.

Tom Clancy's Rainbox Six Siege for $15
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildland for $20
Watch Dogs 2 for $20
Far Cry 5 for $26
The Crew 2 for $26
Assassin's Creed Origins for $30
Assassin's Creed Syndicate $15
Assassin's Creed Black Flag for $12
Assassin's Creed Unity for $10
peelout
11/20/2018 10:53am
i watched my buddy play Tom Clancy's Wildland the other day for about an hour, looks like a fun game think i'll pick it up to play in the future. picking up Odyssey for sure too.
Sunhouse
11/20/2018 11:39am
You know what is an underrated game? AC Unity. If you buy it now, the bugs are gone, and it is damn pretty too! Loved the setting of the French revolution
11/21/2018 8:47am Edited Date/Time 11/21/2018 8:48am
I agree an underrated game. If you ignore the busy work then the actual missions in Unity are very well done. Also some of the crowd sizes are still phenomenal to look at all these yrs later.

Also; Alien Isolation deserves a mention too - one of my absolute favourite games in recent yrs.
Sunhouse
11/21/2018 12:46pm
I agree an underrated game. If you ignore the busy work then the actual missions in Unity are very well done. Also some of the crowd...
I agree an underrated game. If you ignore the busy work then the actual missions in Unity are very well done. Also some of the crowd sizes are still phenomenal to look at all these yrs later.

Also; Alien Isolation deserves a mention too - one of my absolute favourite games in recent yrs.
Absolutely. Would play it a third time!
The only major AC game (apart from Odyssey) I haven’t completed is Rogue. Bought the remastered this summer,, did a few mission, free roamed for a bit and thought «screw this». It felt so old and like Black Flag had been turned into the boring AC3. It will be a hard one to complete
peelout
12/19/2018 9:36am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 9:53am
just poking my head in to say that Spider-Man for the PS4 is fucking amazing

i've been playing it non-stop from when i get home to when i go to bed for the last week. game is so fuckin' awesome. i never knew how much fun it would be to swing around NYC but holy shit they nailed it. the combat is really rewarding and fast-paced as well. after playing mainly serious games for the past few years, this was a really refreshing and FUN experience.

awesome game. 9/10

(only con is the side activities can be a little repetitive, but there is so much to do and the story is just awesome)
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
12/19/2018 11:13am
peelout wrote:
just poking my head in to say that Spider-Man for the PS4 is fucking amazing i've been playing it non-stop from when i get home to...

i've been playing it non-stop from when i get home to when i go to bed for the last week. game is so fuckin' awesome. i never knew how much fun it would be to swing around NYC but holy shit they nailed it. the combat is really rewarding and fast-paced as well. after playing mainly serious games for the past few years, this was a really refreshing and FUN experience.

awesome game. 9/10

(only con is the side activities can be a little repetitive, but there is so much to do and the story is just awesome)
Definitely going to check it out!
peelout
12/19/2018 11:38am
peelout wrote:
just poking my head in to say that Spider-Man for the PS4 is fucking amazing i've been playing it non-stop from when i get home to...

awesome game. 9/10

FLmxer wrote:
Definitely going to check it out!
i liked it so much i bought it for my 12 year old nephew, he's gonna love it
VicDaMoan03
12/20/2018 7:37am
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and The Witcher 3 are both great if you have a nerd/geek side to you.
peelout
12/20/2018 8:42am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2018 8:43am
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and The Witcher 3 are both great if you have a nerd/geek side to you.
yep, loved both games

i've played every Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim was my favorite and i bet i have a couple hundred hours on it alone.

i had Witcher 3 to the final fight for about a year and a half and finally finished it a short time ago. that game was awesome, but i felt like the pacing of Geralt's power was a little off. i went from getting smoked by the easiest enemies to a straight up merciless genocidal maniac.

i never tried any of the DLC but i heard it was good too. Geralt was a boss. have you seen the new Netflix trailer about the Witcher? they cast Henry Cavill (Superman) as Geralt and he legit has a fuckin' platinum blonde wig from the local Spirit Halloween store lol

VicDaMoan03
12/20/2018 11:02am
Geralt was a bad ass but I prefer TES style of creating your own character. I heard about the Withcher Netflix series but I didn't know there was a trailer - I need to check that out.
peelout
1/15/2019 8:32am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 8:59am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That whole series is awesome. Sort of like the National Treasure movies on steroids lol. RDR2 comes out Friday and I just received Assassin's Creed Odyssey...
That whole series is awesome. Sort of like the National Treasure movies on steroids lol.

RDR2 comes out Friday and I just received Assassin's Creed Odyssey last Friday. Have yet to play it so that's what I'll be doing today.
Mav you still playing Odyssey?

i just started it last night about 7:00pm, before i realized what had happened it was 1:30am...

fun game. the combat is really hard to get used to at first, the buttons are just weird. also there's no dedicated "run" button so i'm always running into shit. i can't believe how different it is than Black Flag, which felt really solid to me.

i will say that there is SO much to do though, i haven't even gotten off the first island yet and i soaked 5 hours into it already. i'm looking forward to getting more used to the controls, i think my problem is i've been playing Spiderman (which is fuckin' amazing) and the controls are really really precise.

also the loot system is kinda weird, i'm constantly picking up better weapons and gear but i'm wondering if there is a point that i stop swapping things out and build a badass outfit and weapons. i'm constantly swapping for better gear.

fun game, will give it a lot more time to really come up with a good feel for it but so far i think i like Black Flag more. maybe that will change once i get a ship.

ps... i started as Alexio but i couldn't stand his voice lol so i restarted as Kassandra and i like her, i never play as a female character so it's cool. and so far she is a raging lesbo and ruthless killer.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/15/2019 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 1:36pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That whole series is awesome. Sort of like the National Treasure movies on steroids lol. RDR2 comes out Friday and I just received Assassin's Creed Odyssey...
That whole series is awesome. Sort of like the National Treasure movies on steroids lol.

RDR2 comes out Friday and I just received Assassin's Creed Odyssey last Friday. Have yet to play it so that's what I'll be doing today.
peelout wrote:
Mav you still playing Odyssey? i just started it last night about 7:00pm, before i realized what had happened it was 1:30am... fun game. the combat...
Mav you still playing Odyssey?

i just started it last night about 7:00pm, before i realized what had happened it was 1:30am...

fun game. the combat is really hard to get used to at first, the buttons are just weird. also there's no dedicated "run" button so i'm always running into shit. i can't believe how different it is than Black Flag, which felt really solid to me.

i will say that there is SO much to do though, i haven't even gotten off the first island yet and i soaked 5 hours into it already. i'm looking forward to getting more used to the controls, i think my problem is i've been playing Spiderman (which is fuckin' amazing) and the controls are really really precise.

also the loot system is kinda weird, i'm constantly picking up better weapons and gear but i'm wondering if there is a point that i stop swapping things out and build a badass outfit and weapons. i'm constantly swapping for better gear.

fun game, will give it a lot more time to really come up with a good feel for it but so far i think i like Black Flag more. maybe that will change once i get a ship.

ps... i started as Alexio but i couldn't stand his voice lol so i restarted as Kassandra and i like her, i never play as a female character so it's cool. and so far she is a raging lesbo and ruthless killer.
LOL. You'll be able to sleep with chicks and dudes depending on your answers. If the heart icon shows up, click that. I played as Alexios but should have played as Kassandra. I found myself skipping through answers when I was tired, and well, let's just say Alexios had a few homo experiences lol.

I completed the entire game. I believe I have over 160 hours in the game. Now I'm waiting for them to release the DLC episodes.

The combat wasn't that difficult for me to get used to since I played Assassin's Creed Origins. I believed that's when they changed the combat system. If you haven't played that one, that might be why it's taking you time to get the hang of it.

You'll need A LOT of resources (metal, wood, money, etc.) to upgrade your ship. Picking up weapons off dead soldiers helps a lot with that. Dismantle them or sell them at the blacksmith for cash if you're in need of funds. Loot everything you can as you enter camps, fortresses, etc.

As Kassandra levels up so will the enemy soldiers and regions so you'll constantly be upgrading your gear for better stuff. I think the level cap has now been increased to 70. The legendary gear has a gold background and I believe epic gear has a purple background. I eventually settled on an entire set of gold gear but if you like a certain look, say you like something that looks cool but that gear is only level 12 but Kassandra is now level 20 you can go to the blacksmith and pay to upgrade your stuff to level 20. There's so many different looks you can achieve. I only upgraded lower level gear once or twice and upgraded one of the legendary set once because I liked it more than the other sets.

One thing I really like is that once you level up and get ability points you don't have to upgrade everything shown in the ability tree. You can pick and choose what you want. Some of them you'll only be able to upgrade/select once you upgrade the spear.

The map is massive. I think it might be the biggest one they ever did for the AC franchise. It takes a long time to unlock all the quick travel points but they come in very handy.

I enjoyed Assassin's Creed Odyssey just as much as Assassin's Creed Origins. Both of those games are set in really cool time periods. Ancient Greece and Egypt.

I won't spoil it for you but you'll have to make some critical decisions along the way that really affects the outcome. Fortunately, I somehow lucked out in the end.
peelout
1/15/2019 3:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL. You'll be able to sleep with chicks and dudes depending on your answers. If the heart icon shows up, click that. I played as Alexios...
LOL. You'll be able to sleep with chicks and dudes depending on your answers. If the heart icon shows up, click that. I played as Alexios but should have played as Kassandra. I found myself skipping through answers when I was tired, and well, let's just say Alexios had a few homo experiences lol.

I completed the entire game. I believe I have over 160 hours in the game. Now I'm waiting for them to release the DLC episodes.

The combat wasn't that difficult for me to get used to since I played Assassin's Creed Origins. I believed that's when they changed the combat system. If you haven't played that one, that might be why it's taking you time to get the hang of it.

You'll need A LOT of resources (metal, wood, money, etc.) to upgrade your ship. Picking up weapons off dead soldiers helps a lot with that. Dismantle them or sell them at the blacksmith for cash if you're in need of funds. Loot everything you can as you enter camps, fortresses, etc.

As Kassandra levels up so will the enemy soldiers and regions so you'll constantly be upgrading your gear for better stuff. I think the level cap has now been increased to 70. The legendary gear has a gold background and I believe epic gear has a purple background. I eventually settled on an entire set of gold gear but if you like a certain look, say you like something that looks cool but that gear is only level 12 but Kassandra is now level 20 you can go to the blacksmith and pay to upgrade your stuff to level 20. There's so many different looks you can achieve. I only upgraded lower level gear once or twice and upgraded one of the legendary set once because I liked it more than the other sets.

One thing I really like is that once you level up and get ability points you don't have to upgrade everything shown in the ability tree. You can pick and choose what you want. Some of them you'll only be able to upgrade/select once you upgrade the spear.

The map is massive. I think it might be the biggest one they ever did for the AC franchise. It takes a long time to unlock all the quick travel points but they come in very handy.

I enjoyed Assassin's Creed Odyssey just as much as Assassin's Creed Origins. Both of those games are set in really cool time periods. Ancient Greece and Egypt.

I won't spoil it for you but you'll have to make some critical decisions along the way that really affects the outcome. Fortunately, I somehow lucked out in the end.
i totally forgot about Origins and that is one that i never picked up and played.

thanks for the tips, it is a completely different game than Black Flag so i just need to get into the swing of the gameplay. crazy how much faster the horse is than running on foot. can't wait to get a ship too, that was my favorite part of Black Flag.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/15/2019 5:54pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL. You'll be able to sleep with chicks and dudes depending on your answers. If the heart icon shows up, click that. I played as Alexios...

peelout wrote:
i totally forgot about Origins and that is one that i never picked up and played. thanks for the tips, it is a completely different game...
i totally forgot about Origins and that is one that i never picked up and played.

thanks for the tips, it is a completely different game than Black Flag so i just need to get into the swing of the gameplay. crazy how much faster the horse is than running on foot. can't wait to get a ship too, that was my favorite part of Black Flag.
I think you get your ship after a few missions or once you complete the first island.

The ship battles are pretty good. Gets a bit difficult when it's 3-4 against you. There's Spartan & Athenian ships you can battle with. Those are easy to distinguish from their colors. There's also pirate ships that roam the seas. Those I believe have black sails. Just like Black Flag you can choose to sink them or board the ships.

If your ship is getting low on health, board an enemy ship the first chance you get. That way once you kill all the enemies aboard, your ship will regenerate to full health. Not only that but I believe you get more loot supplies when you board an enemy ship instead of sinking it.

If you get a big enough bounty on your head mercenaries will start to hunt you down. Those fuckers can be a pain in the ass. I think the most I've had after me was 5 or 6. They just kept coming. To get them off your ass you can pay the bounty if you have enough cash by bringing up the map and pressing triangle or kill the guy that put the bounty on your head. Those guys are usually found in camps or forts with a red icon over their heads.

Forgot to mention, whatever you do don't try and swim from island to island. Unlike the previous games when you jump off your ship and swim away there's no random stranger that comes to pick you up in a small boat. You're left shit out of luck. It's not that bad when you have a lot of viewpoints/islands unlocked but if you don't you might be forced to fast travel to one end of the map, go to the dock, call your ship and then sail all the way across to where you were.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
1/16/2019 6:35am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

peelout wrote:
i totally forgot about Origins and that is one that i never picked up and played. thanks for the tips, it is a completely different game...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think you get your ship after a few missions or once you complete the first island. The ship battles are pretty good. Gets a bit...
I think you get your ship after a few missions or once you complete the first island.

The ship battles are pretty good. Gets a bit difficult when it's 3-4 against you. There's Spartan & Athenian ships you can battle with. Those are easy to distinguish from their colors. There's also pirate ships that roam the seas. Those I believe have black sails. Just like Black Flag you can choose to sink them or board the ships.

If your ship is getting low on health, board an enemy ship the first chance you get. That way once you kill all the enemies aboard, your ship will regenerate to full health. Not only that but I believe you get more loot supplies when you board an enemy ship instead of sinking it.

If you get a big enough bounty on your head mercenaries will start to hunt you down. Those fuckers can be a pain in the ass. I think the most I've had after me was 5 or 6. They just kept coming. To get them off your ass you can pay the bounty if you have enough cash by bringing up the map and pressing triangle or kill the guy that put the bounty on your head. Those guys are usually found in camps or forts with a red icon over their heads.

Forgot to mention, whatever you do don't try and swim from island to island. Unlike the previous games when you jump off your ship and swim away there's no random stranger that comes to pick you up in a small boat. You're left shit out of luck. It's not that bad when you have a lot of viewpoints/islands unlocked but if you don't you might be forced to fast travel to one end of the map, go to the dock, call your ship and then sail all the way across to where you were.
That game sounds really good.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/16/2019 7:19am
peelout wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think you get your ship after a few missions or once you complete the first island. The ship battles are pretty good. Gets a bit...

FLmxer wrote:
Here's some gameplay footage. It shows a little bit of everything including ship battles.

https://youtu.be/NJpD-DllvnU
Sunhouse
1/16/2019 7:46am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

FLmxer wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Here's some gameplay footage. It shows a little bit of everything including ship battles.

I’ve only got about 4-5 hours of Odessey, but it seems promising. But is it just me or is the movement of the horses and the characters a little quicker than in previous games?
Mind you I came off a rdr2 binge, and the pace there is super slow
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/16/2019 8:18am
FLmxer wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Sunhouse wrote:
I’ve only got about 4-5 hours of Odessey, but it seems promising. But is it just me or is the movement of the horses and the...
I’ve only got about 4-5 hours of Odessey, but it seems promising. But is it just me or is the movement of the horses and the characters a little quicker than in previous games?
Mind you I came off a rdr2 binge, and the pace there is super slow
The horse is pretty fast compared to running all over the islands. As far as the movements of the characters, I'm not sure to be honest.

Like I told Peelout, before I played Odyssey I played Origins and I believe that's when they switched the mechanics of the gameplay. Because of that I didn't notice any changes but if you haven't played Origins that could be why it's different.

I enjoyed both those AC games.

@Peelout

I forgot to mention don't expect cannons onboard your ship. Makes sense given the timeline of the game. There's only spears and arrows/fire arrows.
peelout
1/16/2019 9:44am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2019 9:48am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The horse is pretty fast compared to running all over the islands. As far as the movements of the characters, I'm not sure to be honest...
The horse is pretty fast compared to running all over the islands. As far as the movements of the characters, I'm not sure to be honest.

Like I told Peelout, before I played Odyssey I played Origins and I believe that's when they switched the mechanics of the gameplay. Because of that I didn't notice any changes but if you haven't played Origins that could be why it's different.

@Peelout

I forgot to mention don't expect cannons onboard your ship. Makes sense given the timeline of the game. There's only spears and arrows/fire arrows.
not gonna lie, i still like Black Flag more. the running around seemed much more fluid and predictable and the ship battles were SO much better than Odyssey. the customization of your ship and adding the different weapons seemed so much more rewarding. i used to sail around and do nothing but ship battles for hours and hours, the only time i'd go to land was to progress the story enough to unlock the next batch of ship upgrades.

and like Sunhouse said, in certain situations the on-foot and horse movement is WAY too fast. i'm plowing into shit like Mike Alessi on my horse, and on foot i screw up silent kills a lot by bumping into them before i get the button prompt.

in Odyssey, i'm just about to meet The Wolf, so i've got about 11 hours in. i do enjoy the game, the Abilities seem pretty deep and i like that you can re-distribute them.

one of my biggest griefs though is the sword-play just isn't that fluid. trying to time a Parry really slows things down. it seems like if you wait for them to start the swing then you'll be too late, so you're basically hitting the Parry button for a couple seconds waiting for them to swing. the dodge seems really wonky too. half the time i get hit even when i Parry or Dodge at the right time. the bow is almost useless in combat, it's decent in stealth but combat it's too slow and too weak to even make it worth using. just seems like the Warrior class is severely under-powered. and the enemies are fuckin' sword sponges, some of them are near impossible to wear down.

i play these games as an Assassin using stealth 90% of the time, so on that end the game is awesome. i love the ranged stealth kill that you can chain together. that and the Spartan Kick make the game for me. clearing a fort or camp without being seen is awesome and booting some poor fucker off a cliff or bridge is satisfying and hilarious. i laugh every time.

don't get me wrong, i still really like the game but in my humble opinion it's not as good as Black Flag in almost every category. i'm only level 10, so i'm still early into the game and will give it a full gameplay. i can see this being one that i complete every side-mission and find every collectible.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/16/2019 10:34am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The horse is pretty fast compared to running all over the islands. As far as the movements of the characters, I'm not sure to be honest...

@Peelout

peelout wrote:
not gonna lie, i still like Black Flag more. the running around seemed much more fluid and predictable and the ship battles were SO much better...
not gonna lie, i still like Black Flag more. the running around seemed much more fluid and predictable and the ship battles were SO much better than Odyssey. the customization of your ship and adding the different weapons seemed so much more rewarding. i used to sail around and do nothing but ship battles for hours and hours, the only time i'd go to land was to progress the story enough to unlock the next batch of ship upgrades.

and like Sunhouse said, in certain situations the on-foot and horse movement is WAY too fast. i'm plowing into shit like Mike Alessi on my horse, and on foot i screw up silent kills a lot by bumping into them before i get the button prompt.

in Odyssey, i'm just about to meet The Wolf, so i've got about 11 hours in. i do enjoy the game, the Abilities seem pretty deep and i like that you can re-distribute them.

one of my biggest griefs though is the sword-play just isn't that fluid. trying to time a Parry really slows things down. it seems like if you wait for them to start the swing then you'll be too late, so you're basically hitting the Parry button for a couple seconds waiting for them to swing. the dodge seems really wonky too. half the time i get hit even when i Parry or Dodge at the right time. the bow is almost useless in combat, it's decent in stealth but combat it's too slow and too weak to even make it worth using. just seems like the Warrior class is severely under-powered. and the enemies are fuckin' sword sponges, some of them are near impossible to wear down.

i play these games as an Assassin using stealth 90% of the time, so on that end the game is awesome. i love the ranged stealth kill that you can chain together. that and the Spartan Kick make the game for me. clearing a fort or camp without being seen is awesome and booting some poor fucker off a cliff or bridge is satisfying and hilarious. i laugh every time.

don't get me wrong, i still really like the game but in my humble opinion it's not as good as Black Flag in almost every category. i'm only level 10, so i'm still early into the game and will give it a full gameplay. i can see this being one that i complete every side-mission and find every collectible.
The redistributing of the ability points is a great addition to the game. It allows you to try a bunch of different skills so if you don't like something you just reset the whole thing and try new stuff.

My weapon of choice has always been the two swords. Heavy weapons are great when facing a single opponent since they deal a lot of damage but most of the time if you're detected you're faced with multiple enemies and it's just too slow.

I agree on the bow. It's great when it comes to stealth and killing animals but other than that not very effective, especially if the soldier has a shield. I rarely used it.

Speaking of shields, that's one of the abilities/perk I added to my character early on. The shield break makes a big difference in combat. Once you make the opponents drop their shields they don't pick it back up making it easier to defeat them.

The spartan kick is definitely hilarious to use.

I've mentioned it before but since you like Black Flag keep an eye out for the game called Skull & Bones. It's scheduled to be released sometime in 2019. I'm definitely getting this one and I'm pretty confident it's something you'll enjoy.

Take a look at this trailer.

https://youtu.be/hjC8_av7hhU

Gameplay footage.

https://youtu.be/6CEIih2jVz8

Extended gameplay footage.

https://youtu.be/y1G8NsAxCC0
Sunhouse
1/16/2019 10:59am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

@Peelout

I’ve completed Origins and most of the side quests. I’m a huge fan of the AC series (except for Rogue). But it feels like the speed has been turned up for Odyssey. Will have tl give it some more hours before I conclude, but so far I find combat wonkier than Origins.

@both: do you think the rumors are true about next AC being either Feudal China or Japan? The art released was officially from Ubisoft alledgedly. That would be so sweet.

Skull & Bones is basically sea combat from BLack Flag remastered. Will be interesting to see which new features they add
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/16/2019 11:24am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

@Peelout

Sunhouse wrote:
I’ve completed Origins and most of the side quests. I’m a huge fan of the AC series (except for Rogue). But it feels like the speed...
I’ve completed Origins and most of the side quests. I’m a huge fan of the AC series (except for Rogue). But it feels like the speed has been turned up for Odyssey. Will have tl give it some more hours before I conclude, but so far I find combat wonkier than Origins.

@both: do you think the rumors are true about next AC being either Feudal China or Japan? The art released was officially from Ubisoft alledgedly. That would be so sweet.

Skull & Bones is basically sea combat from BLack Flag remastered. Will be interesting to see which new features they add
Ubisoft is apparently not releasing an Assassin's Creed game this year but I'm really hoping the next one is ancient Japan with Samurai's and Ninja's.

Signs are pointing to that era so hopefully that's the case.

I wouldn't mind if it was set in the Ming Dynasty/China era either. That would also be cool.
peelout
1/16/2019 12:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2019 12:55pm
i'd be down for some ancient Ninja action

i wish someone would remake the Ninja Gaiden games or a new iteration

that Skull and Bones looks awesome, as long as it's not a Multiplayer-Only game then i'll be all in
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
1/17/2019 8:40am
I have started enjoying BF5. I play conquest most of the time.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/17/2019 9:31am
FLmxer wrote:
I have started enjoying BF5. I play conquest most of the time.
I haven't played online yet but I just completed the single player war stories. I think there's a glitch. I've done all the challenges and collected all the letters and that shows at the bottom of the screen however in the top left it still says I'm missing letters and haven't completed some of the challenges.

I hope they release a patch because if they don't I would have to delete the game, reinstall it and complete it all over again just so that I can unlock the special weapons for completing those things.

If that's the case I don't see myself doing that again. Not for 3 or 4 weapons.

I've always enjoyed playing conquest over the other modes. Tides of War sounds like fun though.

Post a reply to: PS4 & PS5 Game Recommendations

The Latest