PC Sim Racing

jeffro503
5/20/2020 10:59am
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha....Nice! Oh man , I can say that kinda stuff happens in just about every lobby I've been in. Well , not most ( as some...
Haha....Nice! Oh man , I can say that kinda stuff happens in just about every lobby I've been in. Well , not most ( as some have been some awesome races ) but in some?.....over anxious A-holes. I've been off the sim rig a little while and am updating some of my skins for AC. One guy by the name of Sean Bull , does some really cool concept art for the F1 cars. Have quite a few Sean Bull inspired skins.

Mossy wrote:
So I finally got into AC! I kept coming back to It and finally got hooked! :P The AI is actually really fun to race. I...
So I finally got into AC! I kept coming back to
It and finally got hooked! Tongue

The AI is actually really fun to race. I downloaded the content manager, textures mod, and the Japan mod as well for when I just want to tear up the Japanese interstate Grinning

I would love to race some people online but all the servers I see that are active are only in Europe Sad

Any idea if the game gets more active on weekend nights maybe? Would love to get a nice lobby going of online racing!

Also, why is the original Assetto Corsa more popular than the new one; Competizone or whatever. I looked at stats and it looked like more people were playing OG AC then ACC
Hey Mossy. Yeah the original AC will at most times have about 10 x the amount of people in race servers. I know about 2 weeks ago when I checked , it had around 8400 active racers across multiple servers.

The new ACC is really nice , but extremely limited. It's only GT3 , and is non-moddable. AC on the other hand has the largest ( by far ) modding community out of any Sim out there. It basically has every car and track combo you can think of.

I see how popular iracing got in the last couple months , but it's now getting quite a bit of flack from real professional drivers. 6 - 7 years ago when I played it quite a bit , it was known as " Ice-racing ". It has everything to do with their tire model. The Physics in RF2 , AMS 1-2 , AC and RRE all seem to be more realistic on how the cars stay planted.

Give me some ideas on the types of cars you would like. I can make a package for you! And also , best way to find a track , just go to YouTube , type in Assetto Corsa + track name , it's a good bet there is a link. Also......I can steer you towards some mod sites that have incredible Free content! From mini coopers to 2020 F1 and everything in between.
mx216
5/21/2020 9:36am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Mossy. Yeah the original AC will at most times have about 10 x the amount of people in race servers. I know about 2 weeks...
Hey Mossy. Yeah the original AC will at most times have about 10 x the amount of people in race servers. I know about 2 weeks ago when I checked , it had around 8400 active racers across multiple servers.

The new ACC is really nice , but extremely limited. It's only GT3 , and is non-moddable. AC on the other hand has the largest ( by far ) modding community out of any Sim out there. It basically has every car and track combo you can think of.

I see how popular iracing got in the last couple months , but it's now getting quite a bit of flack from real professional drivers. 6 - 7 years ago when I played it quite a bit , it was known as " Ice-racing ". It has everything to do with their tire model. The Physics in RF2 , AMS 1-2 , AC and RRE all seem to be more realistic on how the cars stay planted.

Give me some ideas on the types of cars you would like. I can make a package for you! And also , best way to find a track , just go to YouTube , type in Assetto Corsa + track name , it's a good bet there is a link. Also......I can steer you towards some mod sites that have incredible Free content! From mini coopers to 2020 F1 and everything in between.
Jeffro! You ever get signed back up on iRacing? I've been doing the Lucas offroad stuff on there and loving that! One day I'll have to to AC and come race with you on that!
jeffro503
5/21/2020 11:02am
mx216 wrote:
Jeffro! You ever get signed back up on iRacing? I've been doing the Lucas offroad stuff on there and loving that! One day I'll have to...
Jeffro! You ever get signed back up on iRacing? I've been doing the Lucas offroad stuff on there and loving that! One day I'll have to to AC and come race with you on that!
No I didn't. I'm kinda low on hard drive space , and the stuff I have on there , I don't really want to delete anything. Up to about 4 years ago , I had every car and track available for iracing. So I have some money invested in that Sim for sure. I just didn't enjoy it as much as my other ones.
mchonda2
5/21/2020 11:58am
So i'm thinking about getting into sim racing, What your guys thoughts on direct drive base vs a belt drive like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 worth the money?

The Shop

mx216
5/21/2020 9:09pm
mchonda2 wrote:
So i'm thinking about getting into sim racing, What your guys thoughts on direct drive base vs a belt drive like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5...
So i'm thinking about getting into sim racing, What your guys thoughts on direct drive base vs a belt drive like the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 worth the money?
Thats the base i have and for not knowing any better I really like it. Never played with a direct drive but i have no complaints, especially coming from logitech stuff.
Sacko
6/30/2021 5:46pm
Get this thread fired back up! Found iRacing about a year ago and went all in. Too much fun. Here's my rig so far. Still adding whenever I can!
BobbyBigLines
5/10/2022 8:22am
Sacko wrote:
Get this thread fired back up! Found iRacing about a year ago and went all in. Too much fun. Here's my rig so far. Still adding...
Get this thread fired back up! Found iRacing about a year ago and went all in. Too much fun. Here's my rig so far. Still adding whenever I can!
Just ordered a Playseat Formula, Moza wheelbase, rim and pedals. It will be quite the upgrade from the Logitech G29 setup I have, and Im Dungey pumped. I also want to get a GT style cockpit, what kind do you have there?

Also, if anyone has any input, I'm in the market for a monitor. I considered running triples, however, I want to save a little space, and a single monitor is a little easier on the PC (tryna save some frame rate). I really considered a 49" ultrawide, but quite a few Karens expressed their opinions with some bad reviews and the price tag has me leaning toward a 34" curved.

Post a reply to: PC Sim Racing

The Latest