Ozark, Netflix and other Shows to watch

motogrady
12/22/2018 6:03am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
^^^ I really enjoyed Vinyl. Was pretty disappointed when they announced it wasn't going to return for a second season. It was shaping up to be...
^^^ I really enjoyed Vinyl. Was pretty disappointed when they announced it wasn't going to return for a second season. It was shaping up to be a great second season but they pulled the plug on the series. I get it though, the ratings weren't great and they spent $100 million doing it.

That said HBO has plenty of other good shows.

Ya. I can see their point. I think I read where Game of Thrones was gonna get a big chunk of the money as it was doing real, real good also.

Effin dish. No HBO for months now. Nothing but people selling knives and jewelry. I think we have watched every Perry Mason rerun twice. If it wasn't for Netflex, and some bullshit penalty for dropping them, dish would be gone in my household.

Anyone got Direct TV? Opinions?
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/22/2018 10:39am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
^^^ I really enjoyed Vinyl. Was pretty disappointed when they announced it wasn't going to return for a second season. It was shaping up to be...
^^^ I really enjoyed Vinyl. Was pretty disappointed when they announced it wasn't going to return for a second season. It was shaping up to be a great second season but they pulled the plug on the series. I get it though, the ratings weren't great and they spent $100 million doing it.

motogrady wrote:
Ya. I can see their point. I think I read where Game of Thrones was gonna get a big chunk of the money as it was...

Ya. I can see their point. I think I read where Game of Thrones was gonna get a big chunk of the money as it was doing real, real good also.

Effin dish. No HBO for months now. Nothing but people selling knives and jewelry. I think we have watched every Perry Mason rerun twice. If it wasn't for Netflex, and some bullshit penalty for dropping them, dish would be gone in my household.

I like Directtv. As a 3rd generation retired fishing guide/tourney guy I literally can find a fishing show at almost any hour of any day with lots of my friends in them plus tons of motorcycle racing. Been watching moto all day today, Australia sx, LLs, mx nationals etc. I see all mxgp, British moto series, racertv. Never an issue.
Nighttrain
12/22/2018 5:32pm
Just finished “Peaky Bliners”. That’s one of my favorite shows of all time. Park it next to “Hell On Wheels”, “Breaking Bad” and “Sanford and Son”.
Todd727
12/23/2018 3:32pm
Love Ozark. I was in as soon as I saw the first 15 minutes. One thing, my wife, and I see her point, Laura Linney just doesn't fit with Jason Bateman as his wife for some reason. I just haven't ever thought of her as a very good actress.

There are a ton of great suggestions, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, East Bound and Down, Vice Principals, etc.

Here are two others I've seen but haven't been mentioned:

Marco Polo (Netflix) I liked it, but evidently it costs too much to produce and they killed it after two seasons.

Black Sails (Starz, watched free on Hulu) Good, especially if you like the pirate era. Also, they ended it decently, especially when you compare it to House of Cards.

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
12/24/2018 7:44am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

motogrady wrote:
Ya. I can see their point. I think I read where Game of Thrones was gonna get a big chunk of the money as it was...

I’ve had direct tv since the start. A few times we dropped it and tried Dish or cable and went back to direct within months. They are expensive for sure but to me the quality is unmatched. Just a heads up for other direct tv users. If you call and express interest in cancelling they will knock a substantial amount off of your bill. We got a $60 bill credit for 12 months. The guy they did it told me to call back when that promotion runs out and they will do it again. I have a feeling with all of the alternative choices like Netflix, Prime etc they are starting to lose customers
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/24/2018 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 12/24/2018 12:25pm
Oldie but I just watched Sherlock Holmes part 1 and 2 for the hundredth time which is rare for me. There is very few I watch twice but I love the wit of these. They had been out for a long while before I considered watching them because I wasnt that fond of Robert Downey but I think he is a brilliant actor now. One of the best ever.
Did you guys see the commercials for the new Holmes and Watson with the Stepbrothers? Omg what a trip that will be.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
12/25/2018 2:51pm
FLmxer wrote:
Oldie but I just watched Sherlock Holmes part 1 and 2 for the hundredth time which is rare for me. There is very few I watch...
Oldie but I just watched Sherlock Holmes part 1 and 2 for the hundredth time which is rare for me. There is very few I watch twice but I love the wit of these. They had been out for a long while before I considered watching them because I wasnt that fond of Robert Downey but I think he is a brilliant actor now. One of the best ever.
Did you guys see the commercials for the new Holmes and Watson with the Stepbrothers? Omg what a trip that will be.
I've never been a Sherlock Holmes fan and never watched the first one you are talking about. But I did go to the movies today and watched the new one. Holy shit what a shit show that was. I walked out before the end to beat the crowd. I can't remember the last time I left a movie early.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/25/2018 4:37pm
I've never been a Sherlock Holmes fan and never watched the first one you are talking about. But I did go to the movies today and...
I've never been a Sherlock Holmes fan and never watched the first one you are talking about. But I did go to the movies today and watched the new one. Holy shit what a shit show that was. I walked out before the end to beat the crowd. I can't remember the last time I left a movie early.
Lol I figured that one was going to be a wait and see later.
You should check out the other 2 with Robert Downey and Jude law. I was never into sherlock either but those are excellent imo.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
12/25/2018 5:29pm
I'll give you my reasons, I don't want to be the one that missed you out on a movie you might like. Some people in the theater were laughing so I guess some enjoyed it but I didn't even chuckle once. Will Farrell and his side kick were over the top being overly corny for me. WF character reverted over to close to Zoolander for me, even the hair at times. Which I liked Zoolander, but not that one character for pretty much the entire movie. Mix that with dumber and dumber, political one liners and just straight one liners that were not funny to me and it equaled a shit show. Plus they just acted like my sister's 28 year old step son and I'm pretty sure he is fuckin stupid. So it just rubbed me wrong.
ocscottie
12/25/2018 6:15pm
I'll give you my reasons, I don't want to be the one that missed you out on a movie you might like. Some people in the...
I'll give you my reasons, I don't want to be the one that missed you out on a movie you might like. Some people in the theater were laughing so I guess some enjoyed it but I didn't even chuckle once. Will Farrell and his side kick were over the top being overly corny for me. WF character reverted over to close to Zoolander for me, even the hair at times. Which I liked Zoolander, but not that one character for pretty much the entire movie. Mix that with dumber and dumber, political one liners and just straight one liners that were not funny to me and it equaled a shit show. Plus they just acted like my sister's 28 year old step son and I'm pretty sure he is fuckin stupid. So it just rubbed me wrong.
Your description pretty much sums up the trailer for me, i figured another Will shit show. Sad, because in his prime Will has put up some golden performances.
ocscottie
12/25/2018 6:19pm
sumdood wrote:
Anyone watch the documentary called "Rats" ? Holy shit... BlinkBlink
Most of my Netflix watching is docu's, ill check that one out.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/25/2018 8:06pm
sumdood wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Most of my Netflix watching is docu's, ill check that one out.
Watched a crazy brutal documentary the other night called "Give us this day" about east St. Louis, murder capital of the U.S. They followed some cops, some thugs and some kids that want more out of life. Crazy things happened during filming too.
ocscottie
12/27/2018 5:47am
FLmxer wrote:
Watched a crazy brutal documentary the other night called "Give us this day" about east St. Louis, murder capital of the U.S. They followed some cops...
Watched a crazy brutal documentary the other night called "Give us this day" about east St. Louis, murder capital of the U.S. They followed some cops, some thugs and some kids that want more out of life. Crazy things happened during filming too.
Are you sure that was the title? I cant seem to find it, Netflix search does suck though.

hmm I found it on IMDB though:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6864952/
ocscottie
12/27/2018 5:56am
I found it on iTunes, but it isnt free. Ill keep searching for it..
Todd727
12/27/2018 7:22am
I'll give you my reasons, I don't want to be the one that missed you out on a movie you might like. Some people in the...
So glad you went to the movie or I never would've read this:

Plus they just acted like my sister's 28 year old step son and I'm pretty sure he is fuckin stupid. So it just rubbed me wrong.

LMFAO. LaughingLaughing
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
12/27/2018 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2018 8:06pm
Anyone watching a new Showtime series called “Escape from Dannemora” ? Excellent story based on the true life escape from a prison n New York a few years ago. They were aided by a prison worker (Patricia Arquette)....one of the escapees is Benicio Del Toro (SP ????)

6 episodes into the story and loving it
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
12/29/2018 7:27am
Giving Dexter a shot. Not bad after a few episodes. My neighbor is always asking me if I watch this series so I am finally checking it out. It is your classic murder detective show but the main character, a forensic detective is also a closet serial killer.
JPT
12/29/2018 7:48am
Just started The Kominsky Method. Funny 1/2 hr. show. Also The Frankenstein Chronicles, not for the weak stomache but good show.
ocscottie
12/31/2018 9:34am
KennyT wrote:
Anyone watching a new Showtime series called “Escape from Dannemora” ? Excellent story based on the true life escape from a prison n New York a...
Anyone watching a new Showtime series called “Escape from Dannemora” ? Excellent story based on the true life escape from a prison n New York a few years ago. They were aided by a prison worker (Patricia Arquette)....one of the escapees is Benicio Del Toro (SP ????)

I've been having trouble sleeping, insomnia is a bitch! I was up all night and watched the first 6 episodes, excellent so far, thanks for mentioning it. ?
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
1/1/2019 6:55am
KennyT wrote:
Anyone watching a new Showtime series called “Escape from Dannemora” ? Excellent story based on the true life escape from a prison n New York a...

ocscottie wrote:
I've been having trouble sleeping, insomnia is a bitch! I was up all night and watched the first 6 episodes, excellent so far, thanks for mentioning...
I've been having trouble sleeping, insomnia is a bitch! I was up all night and watched the first 6 episodes, excellent so far, thanks for mentioning it. ?
Can you believe the 4 main characters? Holy shit what a story! 7 episodes total so one to go for you ...enjoy
ocscottie
1/1/2019 7:37pm
KennyT wrote:

ocscottie wrote:
I've been having trouble sleeping, insomnia is a bitch! I was up all night and watched the first 6 episodes, excellent so far, thanks for mentioning...
KennyT wrote:
Can you believe the 4 main characters? Holy shit what a story! 7 episodes total so one to go for you ...enjoy
Just watched the final episode, damn!

I sure hope Patricia gained a ton of weight and got fugly for this role, cuz she use to be smokin! True Romance is way up there on my list of favorites.
peelout
1/2/2019 8:20am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2019 8:37am
FLmxer wrote:
Holy wow!! This series HAPPY is totally nuts. It's about an ex cop turned hitman who is nuts and fearless that somehow gets told a password...
Holy wow!! This series HAPPY is totally nuts. It's about an ex cop turned hitman who is nuts and fearless that somehow gets told a password from a Don that all bad guys want. At the same time his daughter he didn't know existed sends him her imaginary friend because she is kidnapped. It's like pulp fiction meets die hard meets goodfellas with some Mary Poppins mixed in. Crazy brutal but pretty funny too.
Only through episode 2 but going to keep watching. We kept passing it up but we decided to check it out because the main character reminds us of our dear friend Kenan Harkin who a lot of you know and an awesome character in his own right.
i binged HAPPY in one night this holiday break, i thought it was fuckin' awesome

really liked the main character, what a boss

just watched the RATS documentary trailer... yeah, won't be watching that. i like sleeping, and that show definitely won't help
Stuntman949
1/4/2019 7:21am
sumdood wrote:
I did after your post. Pretty gnarly. Loved the terriers at the end though. Those pups were stoked on life
Nighttrain
1/8/2019 6:25pm
“Schitt’s Creek” on Netflix. It’s a freaking funny with good acting.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/8/2019 6:56pm
Nighttrain wrote:
“Schitt’s Creek” on Netflix. It’s a freaking funny with good acting.
Canadian show. Absolutely love it. New season (season 5) starts tonight up here. Not exactly sure when it starts in the US but I think it's either next week or the following week.

No clue when it'll make its way on Netflix.

Eugene Levy is great.
Nighttrain
1/8/2019 7:49pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Canadian show. Absolutely love it. New season (season 5) starts tonight up here. Not exactly sure when it starts in the US but I think it's...
Canadian show. Absolutely love it. New season (season 5) starts tonight up here. Not exactly sure when it starts in the US but I think it's either next week or the following week.

Eugene Levy is great.
I’m halfway thru season 2. Eugene and his son do a great job acting together in this series. It’s very funny. The Stevie girl cracks me up.
ocscottie
1/8/2019 7:51pm
peelout wrote:
i binged HAPPY in one night this holiday break, i thought it was fuckin' awesome really liked the main character, what a boss just watched the...
i binged HAPPY in one night this holiday break, i thought it was fuckin' awesome

really liked the main character, what a boss

just watched the RATS documentary trailer... yeah, won't be watching that. i like sleeping, and that show definitely won't help
I also just binged Happy, what a fucking trip, had a couple scenes that reminded me of hardcore Henry. Very cool series.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/8/2019 8:46pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Canadian show. Absolutely love it. New season (season 5) starts tonight up here. Not exactly sure when it starts in the US but I think it's...

Eugene Levy is great.
Nighttrain wrote:
I’m halfway thru season 2. Eugene and his son do a great job acting together in this series. It’s very funny. The Stevie girl cracks me...
I’m halfway thru season 2. Eugene and his son do a great job acting together in this series. It’s very funny. The Stevie girl cracks me up.
LOL. Love Stevie.

Eugene's real life daughter is also on the show. She plays Twyla (works at the diner).
peelout
1/9/2019 10:13am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Eugene Levy is great.
Nighttrain wrote:
I’m halfway thru season 2. Eugene and his son do a great job acting together in this series. It’s very funny. The Stevie girl cracks me...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL. Love Stevie.

Eugene's real life daughter is also on the show. She plays Twyla (works at the diner).
i just wanna know if you got your copy of RDR2 yet bro, gotta play that shit!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/9/2019 10:59am
Nighttrain wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
LOL. Love Stevie.

peelout wrote:
i just wanna know if you got your copy of RDR2 yet bro, gotta play that shit!
Forgot to update the RDR2 thread but I did receive it not that long ago actually.

I started playing Battlefield V a few days ago after finishing Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Now I'm waiting for them to release some DLC material before continuingthat one.

I'm not sure when I'll start RDR2. I tend to play 1 game at a time for some reason. I'll try and finish Battlefield V then start RDR2. The career mode in the Battlefield games are usually pretty short.

Post a reply to: Ozark, Netflix and other Shows to watch

The Latest