Other Hobbies

rhargrave431
1/20/2021 7:29pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/11/471608/s1200_IMG_20201217_161047_979.jpg[/img] Golf is pretty much it for me anymore. I don't even remember the last time I rode moto

Golf is pretty much it for me anymore. I don't even remember the last time I rode moto
IWreckALot wrote:
Ahh yes. How could I forget to mention golf. I've been chasing that elusive sub 80 round for a couple of years now. I've hit 80...
Ahh yes. How could I forget to mention golf. I've been chasing that elusive sub 80 round for a couple of years now. I've hit 80 about 6 or 7 times now. One round I was going into 18 and a par would have given me a 76. . . alas I blew it on the last hole and hit a 9 or 10 on it to give me 80 for the day.
Rooster wrote:
I thought 2020 was going to be my year to break 80 too, but some minor complications from a hernia surgery had me on the sideline...
I thought 2020 was going to be my year to break 80 too, but some minor complications from a hernia surgery had me on the sideline for the last half of the summer and the best I could muster was a couple of 83's.

Pretty sure I was on track to beat 83 one round but we got forced off the course by some lightning at the end of the day and stupid me didn't grab the card from the cart to be able to finish the round.
I definitely went backwards this year. Last year I was always shooting around 82-84. This year, I was pushing 90 a bunch
SEEMEFIRST
1/20/2021 8:09pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Ahh yes. How could I forget to mention golf. I've been chasing that elusive sub 80 round for a couple of years now. I've hit 80...
Ahh yes. How could I forget to mention golf. I've been chasing that elusive sub 80 round for a couple of years now. I've hit 80 about 6 or 7 times now. One round I was going into 18 and a par would have given me a 76. . . alas I blew it on the last hole and hit a 9 or 10 on it to give me 80 for the day.
Rooster wrote:
I thought 2020 was going to be my year to break 80 too, but some minor complications from a hernia surgery had me on the sideline...
I thought 2020 was going to be my year to break 80 too, but some minor complications from a hernia surgery had me on the sideline for the last half of the summer and the best I could muster was a couple of 83's.

Pretty sure I was on track to beat 83 one round but we got forced off the course by some lightning at the end of the day and stupid me didn't grab the card from the cart to be able to finish the round.
I definitely went backwards this year. Last year I was always shooting around 82-84. This year, I was pushing 90 a bunch
Shit, I try to keep my golf and bowling averages the same to avoid confusion.

A hundred is cool..
Chance1216
1/20/2021 8:39pm
Set up a 55 gallon tank over the last couple weeks in the spare bedroom.
davermz450
1/21/2021 8:02pm
I lived in KY for school for 4.5 years and picked up collecting/drinking bourbons. Picked up golf but only play once a month or so.

The Shop

Daniel816
1/21/2021 11:25pm
My boys keep me pretty busy these days at 4years old and 2 years old. Best thing I did was go buy a side by side so when the wife is at work we can leave from the house and go explore. My biggest “hobby” though is archery. I got into it trying to have an easier time drawing tags but after I joined our local archery club I dove in head first and went from an okay shooter to having two bows, building my own arrows, and becoming fairly compatible at 3D and indoor shoots. I’m currently building a target bow so I can quit having to swap my hunting set up back and forth. The wife rolls her eyes but after getting landed on in one of my last races this mew hobby is way easier for her to understand haha.

sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
1/22/2021 2:33am
Daniel816 wrote:
My boys keep me pretty busy these days at 4years old and 2 years old. Best thing I did was go buy a side by side...
My boys keep me pretty busy these days at 4years old and 2 years old. Best thing I did was go buy a side by side so when the wife is at work we can leave from the house and go explore. My biggest “hobby” though is archery. I got into it trying to have an easier time drawing tags but after I joined our local archery club I dove in head first and went from an okay shooter to having two bows, building my own arrows, and becoming fairly compatible at 3D and indoor shoots. I’m currently building a target bow so I can quit having to swap my hunting set up back and forth. The wife rolls her eyes but after getting landed on in one of my last races this mew hobby is way easier for her to understand haha.

That’s badass ! Leaving and exploring from the house with your 2 boys is very cool. You’re kids are going to have an awesome childhood 👍. Having lived in So. Cal.my whole life I’m not sure how well I’d do living where it snows, but being able to ride and have places to explore from your front door would certainly help. Getting landed on sounds about as fun as a heart attack, no wonder your better half welcomed archery 😂. Hope you didn’t suffer any long term damage.
mxtech1
1/22/2021 7:03pm
Golf
RC cars
Home improvement projects
Short term stock trading
Daniel816
1/23/2021 12:42am
Daniel816 wrote:
My boys keep me pretty busy these days at 4years old and 2 years old. Best thing I did was go buy a side by side...

sumdood wrote:
That’s badass ! Leaving and exploring from the house with your 2 boys is very cool. You’re kids are going to have an awesome childhood 👍...
That’s badass ! Leaving and exploring from the house with your 2 boys is very cool. You’re kids are going to have an awesome childhood 👍. Having lived in So. Cal.my whole life I’m not sure how well I’d do living where it snows, but being able to ride and have places to explore from your front door would certainly help. Getting landed on sounds about as fun as a heart attack, no wonder your better half welcomed archery 😂. Hope you didn’t suffer any long term damage.
Not gonna lie it’s pretty awesome. We have a 17 mile loop we can make from the house. I’ve taken them camping a few times in it as well and they loved it. When the wife agreed on the Ranger I told her I wanted the heated/A/C model so her and the boys would be comfortable on long days making them want to go out more and so far it has worked great! It can be snowing sideways and I’m inside in a short sleeved shirt. As far as the landing on, nothing long term physically more mentally. I keep saying one day I’m gonna sell the bike but just can’t bring myself to do it haha.
mx617
1/23/2021 9:09am
Been doing more scuba diving lately. Collected a half dozen tanks over the past couple years so I can get out more often.
KMC440
1/23/2021 10:57am
I've been on top of that water and seen what's down there. Ain't no way I'm gonna get in it !!!
Chance1216
1/23/2021 11:32am
mx617 wrote:
Been doing more scuba diving lately. Collected a half dozen tanks over the past couple years so I can get out more often.
Do you also spearfish?
mx617
1/24/2021 1:02pm
mx617 wrote:
Chance1216 wrote:
Do you also spearfish?
No, we live in Canada and I've never heard of much freshwater spearfishing. Also to be honest never really understood taking enjoyment from killing something.
Chance1216
1/24/2021 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2021 6:47pm
mx617 wrote:
Chance1216 wrote:
Do you also spearfish?
mx617 wrote:
No, we live in Canada and I've never heard of much freshwater spearfishing. Also to be honest never really understood taking enjoyment from killing something.
It’s no different then fishing with a pole. More selective, less by catch and, less prone to killing a fish by mistake . I don’t use tanks myself. Just free dive.

Some take pictures home, others take dinner home.
1/24/2021 4:15pm
Lots of alike minds here. I was big into bmx dirt jumping as a teenager. Got into surfing, snowboarding, drag racing/hotrods. Finishing a ls1 swap in my 64 cadillac right now. Gearhead for sure. This is my latest adventure though. A few jumps away from my A license. This my first tracking dive. So much fun!

mx617
1/24/2021 5:51pm
Chance1216 wrote:
It’s no different then fishing with a pole. More selective, less by catch and, less prone to killing a fish by mistake . I don’t use...
It’s no different then fishing with a pole. More selective, less by catch and, less prone to killing a fish by mistake . I don’t use tanks myself. Just free dive.

Some take pictures home, others take dinner home.
For sure, I got no problem with hunting for food, just not for me.

Free diving seems pretty crazy to me. You start there or do scuba first?
Chance1216
1/24/2021 6:46pm
mx617 wrote:
For sure, I got no problem with hunting for food, just not for me. Free diving seems pretty crazy to me. You start there or do...
For sure, I got no problem with hunting for food, just not for me.

Free diving seems pretty crazy to me. You start there or do scuba first?
Actually free diving is all I’ve done. Started in California snorkeling along break walls. Then spear fished along them after several months of seeing fish, crab and even lobster. After moving to the PNW area, I picked it back up for lingcod, rockfish, cabezon, greenling, etc. I enjoy it. I just avoid dive sites because of our different reasons to be in the water. Food vs pics.

When Covid first shut the Seattle area down, I couldn’t find meat in stores. So, I grabbed my speargun and filled the freezer over the course of a few mornings. Nobody on the water. No boats. It was great. Nothing beats the activity of sea life at first light or dusk.
mx617
1/25/2021 8:55am
Chance1216 wrote:
Actually free diving is all I’ve done. Started in California snorkeling along break walls. Then spear fished along them after several months of seeing fish, crab...
Actually free diving is all I’ve done. Started in California snorkeling along break walls. Then spear fished along them after several months of seeing fish, crab and even lobster. After moving to the PNW area, I picked it back up for lingcod, rockfish, cabezon, greenling, etc. I enjoy it. I just avoid dive sites because of our different reasons to be in the water. Food vs pics.

When Covid first shut the Seattle area down, I couldn’t find meat in stores. So, I grabbed my speargun and filled the freezer over the course of a few mornings. Nobody on the water. No boats. It was great. Nothing beats the activity of sea life at first light or dusk.
I know lots of people will spearfish with tanks as well. Especially in the Caribbean where the lionfish is a big problem, guys will take along a spear just to kill any they see.
Chance1216
2/2/2021 2:57pm
Chance1216 wrote:
Actually free diving is all I’ve done. Started in California snorkeling along break walls. Then spear fished along them after several months of seeing fish, crab...

mx617 wrote:
I know lots of people will spearfish with tanks as well. Especially in the Caribbean where the lionfish is a big problem, guys will take along...
I know lots of people will spearfish with tanks as well. Especially in the Caribbean where the lionfish is a big problem, guys will take along a spear just to kill any they see.
Lionfish are a problematic plague. They’re invasive in many areas and, consume high numbers of reef fish. Florida has a program using divers and spearfishers to kill them and they even teach sharks to consume them. I’m all for euthanizing invasive species. Plus, it’s practice for table fare.
navalseabee
2/2/2021 4:20pm
Lots of alike minds here. I was big into bmx dirt jumping as a teenager. Got into surfing, snowboarding, drag racing/hotrods. Finishing a ls1 swap in...
Lots of alike minds here. I was big into bmx dirt jumping as a teenager. Got into surfing, snowboarding, drag racing/hotrods. Finishing a ls1 swap in my 64 cadillac right now. Gearhead for sure. This is my latest adventure though. A few jumps away from my A license. This my first tracking dive. So much fun!

I learned to jump at Skydive SD, its a cool DZ. When you finally get your A make sure to get to Elsinore, Perris and Oceanside. Also Skydive AZ's Christmas boogie is a great time.
5.9_bro
2/2/2021 4:55pm
KMC440 wrote:
Running the "Silver Bullshit" a time or two a year. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/11/471669/s1200_IMG952372.jpg[/img] Helping wrench on these every now and then. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/11/471670/s1200_PC150138.jpg[/img] Golf keeps me hating myself. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/11/471671/s1200_20190608_213337.jpg[/img]...
Running the "Silver Bullshit" a time or two a year.

Helping wrench on these every now and then.

Golf keeps me hating myself.
Though it does have its moments.
Top Golf Minneapolis June of '19.
Have to swing by that top golf next time I’m in town
5.9_bro
2/2/2021 5:00pm
My main hobbies consist of,
1 winning (it’s hard to loose when you wake up and piss excellence)
2 working
And 3 building “high performance” diesel trucks....

SEEMEFIRST
2/2/2021 6:00pm
Lots of alike minds here. I was big into bmx dirt jumping as a teenager. Got into surfing, snowboarding, drag racing/hotrods. Finishing a ls1 swap in...

Atta boy.
Nothing pissed my fighter pilot off more than me getting out of a perfectly good aircraft.
SEEMEFIRST
2/2/2021 6:01pm

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Atta boy.
Nothing pissed my fighter pilot off more than me getting out of a perfectly good aircraft.
Dad, my pilot Dad.
SEEMEFIRST
2/2/2021 6:03pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2021 6:06pm
I never got passed a "hop and pop" but figured I had the T-shirt, and quit.

It was about the same time I quit free climbing zone 3 shit, and was asked to quit racing cross country.

Took a few years to shut the motorcycle off. Then it re-started when the first kid was old enough.
2/2/2021 6:15pm
My other hobby is Winning
Forgot about playing soft ball catch, played in about 30 states last year. I talked a few drivers into playing, had to share the glove, pretty fun. Swimming I,ve hit 3 ymca,s in a day. Only cross country ski now, because it,s just a few minutes to the trails. I down hill skied 22 or 32 days I forget 2 or3 bucks for a rope toe pass in 99, Mon- fri night ski, sat, sun day ski. I like all hobbies pretty much. Even bowling
ElliotB16
2/2/2021 6:50pm
5.9_bro wrote:
My main hobbies consist of, 1 winning (it’s hard to loose when you wake up and piss excellence) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/02/476464/s1200_A2EAD671_4580_4E4F_9580_C80728126648.jpg[/img] 2 working And 3 building “high performance”...
2 working

We used to be into truck pulling and drag racing in Georgia/Florida. Talk about an expensive and time consuming hobby.

5.9_bro
2/2/2021 7:51pm
5.9_bro wrote:
My main hobbies consist of, 1 winning (it’s hard to loose when you wake up and piss excellence) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/02/476464/s1200_A2EAD671_4580_4E4F_9580_C80728126648.jpg[/img] 2 working And 3 building “high performance”...
2 working

ElliotB16 wrote:
We used to be into truck pulling and drag racing in Georgia/Florida. Talk about an expensive and time consuming hobby. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/02/476497/s1200_2699F97C_919B_4F9A_9B06_76F6AF172302.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/02/476496/s1200_B9DB5272_0E5E_4A87_8752_52203D335DD0.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/02/476498/s1200_098CE813_15C7_405A_B4FB_6DDA3F254B54.jpg[/img]

We used to be into truck pulling and drag racing in Georgia/Florida. Talk about an expensive and time consuming hobby.

What part, that picture was taken at liberty?
Any chance you on the Cummins forum I had a buddy buy an exhaust setup off a guy in south ga who raced a red second gen....

It got quite expensive, I turened it down and made it a street truck, it’s fun gapping kids in Honda’s
navalseabee
2/3/2021 3:06pm
5.9_bro wrote:
What part, that picture was taken at liberty? Any chance you on the Cummins forum I had a buddy buy an exhaust setup off a guy...
What part, that picture was taken at liberty?
Any chance you on the Cummins forum I had a buddy buy an exhaust setup off a guy in south ga who raced a red second gen....

It got quite expensive, I turened it down and made it a street truck, it’s fun gapping kids in Honda’s
The mechanic injection is stuff is expensive, the electronic is next level expensive. Injectors alone are almost 8 grand for a big set Blink

Post a reply to: Other Hobbies

The Latest