One I'm Proudest of.......

KMC440
11/8/2020 3:14am
Ok ... so when I was in my late teen's I was going to do some stuff for fun. Like get a speedway bike, fly planes etc. ya know. I watched some bull riding on tv and thought, if you could study enough of the bull's videos and learn tendencies you could have a fighters chance. Then I put my drink down and called my buddy back about the speedway bike.
OG725
11/8/2020 6:46am
KMC440 wrote:
Ok ... so when I was in my late teen's I was going to do some stuff for fun. Like get a speedway bike, fly planes...
Ok ... so when I was in my late teen's I was going to do some stuff for fun. Like get a speedway bike, fly planes etc. ya know. I watched some bull riding on tv and thought, if you could study enough of the bull's videos and learn tendencies you could have a fighters chance. Then I put my drink down and called my buddy back about the speedway bike.
I'm only looking at a spot directly behind the hump on his back. Everything else he's doing will lie to you, he can throw his head left and turn right. That spot gives me all the information I need. When he's jumping that spot starts coming up. When he's kicking it starts going down. When he's going to go left he puts his left leg out first, we refer to it as his "Blinker". Same thing going to the right. The spin is really nothing more than the jump and kick, but in a circle. My free arm is a little different, but the basic mechanics never change, "Stay in the Middle".

Now, think about how fast the bull is moving. Yeah, you're on the ground before you can think about it and do something. It's almost a trance like state being over on the left side of your brain and just reacting. Can seriously say that it's an almost, "Out of Body Experience". I replicate the moves on the ground and on the barrel in practice all the time, just creating the muscle memory so my body and brain know what to do.

It takes a guy 75-100 Bulls to start to be able to figure out what's going on. I've been doing this now for four years and consider myself a beginner still. Thinking I'm somewhere near the 200 bull mark. Lost count somewhere around 115/120.
KMC440
11/8/2020 7:36am
I had a basketball coach that taught us ignore everything the kid with the ball is doing with his arms. His hips will tell you where he's going. Totally different but similar in a way.
Regarding the mind "catching up" ... was working on a friend's sprint car and another friend was pitted next to us. His son (driving) gets out and tells his dad "that was weird dad it all just slowed down". We all know what that's like when it finally happens.

James you be damn careful and God bless you and your fellow competitors in that sport.
plowboy
11/8/2020 1:31pm
I've ridden bulls just enough to know not to ride bulls. Stay safe buddy.

The Shop

OG725
11/8/2020 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2020 2:23pm
KMC440 wrote:
I had a basketball coach that taught us ignore everything the kid with the ball is doing with his arms. His hips will tell you where...
I had a basketball coach that taught us ignore everything the kid with the ball is doing with his arms. His hips will tell you where he's going. Totally different but similar in a way.
Regarding the mind "catching up" ... was working on a friend's sprint car and another friend was pitted next to us. His son (driving) gets out and tells his dad "that was weird dad it all just slowed down". We all know what that's like when it finally happens.

James you be damn careful and God bless you and your fellow competitors in that sport.
Before I slide my hand in my rope, I see Joshua 1:9. Right before I nod my head I see Philippians 4:13 on the cuff of my glove. Funny thing is, I've never met an Aethiest or Agnostic at a Bull Riding. Every time behind the chutes, right before I slide down, I crouch holding the top rail. Most folks think I'm giving my groin a good final stretch, but I'm busy in prayer!

The front panel of my vest got ruined on bull #13. I'm not saying that I'm not stupidstiscious, but we all are. The number and a black bull was messing with my head. Anyhoo, I ended up underneath him, he stepped on my face mask and directly on my heart. When he pushed off, his hoof ripped that leather panel off like nothing. He spit me up in the air about six feet. In the video you could watch the bull fighter run up to me and then step back, he thought I was dead. So when they repaired my vest, I paid homage to the guy that keeps me safe.

Remember the picture of Putin riding the tamed Bear? I was like, "Shit, we'll introduce those Commies to the Bull Rider Brigade"! One of my buddies that I ride with is a retired 2/75 Ranger.

Hopefully, I haven't crossed the line, religion and politics.
OG725
11/8/2020 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2020 2:28pm
plowboy wrote:
I've ridden bulls just enough to know not to ride bulls. Stay safe buddy.
It ain't for everybody. This was kind of a bucket list item for me. Had wanted to do it since I was ten. Just once so I could say I did it. Remember clearly what the guy that put me on my first bull told me, "It ain't gonna go like that. You'll make that decision when you get up off that dirt the first time. You'll either say this is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever done and I never want to do it again. Or you're gonna want to get right back on".

Got on 69 Bulls my first year..............so you now how that went. They told me it was going to take 75-100 until I started to figure it out. So I said, "Let's go get on 75-100 Bulls".
SEEMEFIRST
11/8/2020 10:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2020 10:56pm
Besides your left nut, and a handful of rope, I appreciate who you have in your left hand and why, brother.
OG725
12/2/2020 9:14pm
Got some GoPro footage tonight in the Practice Pen down in New Braunfels. Film to follow.

Post a reply to: One I'm Proudest of.......

The Latest