Okay conspiracy theorists....

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2018 12:18 PM

Shawn142 wrote:

So far Northrup actually hasn't said anything. SpaceX has to for maintaining consumer confidence. Like I said, a satellite failure at launch isn't anything new, even one made on government contract like this.

I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass questioning you but I imagine that news article was flat out wrong, as a lot are. Main stream news media at best skims through the facts without much checking. I don't mean to come off as a know-it-all but this is my industry, and I worked for SpaceX during the 2 hard years we were making headlines for blowing shit up.

You're talking to premixjunky, he's a pathological liar......

|

1/10/2018 12:26 PM

All I know is my NOC stock is down a little today.... but so are most of the rest of them. smile

|

1/11/2018 7:50 PM

Grumman makes cupcake delivery trucks for God's sake.
https://goo.gl/images/DnQCDe

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

1/18/2018 2:39 PM

|

1/18/2018 3:34 PM

I am typically the opposite of a conspiracy theorist but in this particular case I am putting the odds that the Zuma mission was actually successful at 25% and 75% that it failed like some in the government are suggesting.

|

1/18/2018 4:36 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

I am typically the opposite of a conspiracy theorist but in this particular case I am putting the odds that the Zuma mission was actually successful at 25% and 75% that it failed like some in the government are suggesting.

"successful at 25%, 74% it failed like some in the government are suggesting and 1% aliens intercepted it"

There, I fixed it for you
|

1/18/2018 5:33 PM

Ha ha! I was going to say that the aliens got it but figured that would cause too much of a stir. smile

|

1/22/2018 3:25 PM

|

1/24/2018 10:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2018 10:48 AM

Shit they’re just placing that tungston cylinder and about to drop it on North Korea. No nuclear radiation but the force will knock it outta the park.

^thats probabaly not what is really going on.

|

GP740
Since 1987

8/13/2018 12:52 PM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

What's your take on this one? SpaceX launched the highly secret Zuma payload last night (I watched it live). Now I'm reading the payload may not have been successfully placed..... or so they say.....

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/01/the-zuma-satellite-launched-by-spacex-may-be-lost-sources-tell-ars/

I think we need to get the Space Force on this as soon a possible. They will solve the mystery.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/13/2018 5:16 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Shit they’re just placing that tungston cylinder and about to drop it on North Korea. No nuclear radiation but the force will knock it outta the park.

Lol @ tungsten. I've been converting one of our experimental Citation X's to production spec for public sale. The cabin was loaded with ballast (I didn't load it). We needed to off load it for first green flight. This involves 4 or 5 people fire bucket brigade style. First came the lead shot bags (10 lbs apiece x 2 at a time) not bad. Next came the lead bricks (34 lbs apiece but have a handle to pick them up with)...then came about 20 flat tungsten plates ( 3/4" x 10" x10"...gotta weigh close to 50 lbs a piece) finger pinching Bastards. Amazing how much that stuff weighs.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/13/2018 5:33 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

plowboy wrote:

Lol @ tungsten. I've been converting one of our experimental Citation X's to production spec for public sale. The cabin was loaded with ballast (I didn't load it). We needed to off load it for first green flight. This involves 4 or 5 people fire bucket brigade style. First came the lead shot bags (10 lbs apiece x 2 at a time) not bad. Next came the lead bricks (34 lbs apiece but have a handle to pick them up with)...then came about 20 flat tungsten plates ( 3/4" x 10" x10"...gotta weigh close to 50 lbs a piece) finger pinching Bastards. Amazing how much that stuff weighs.

52.16 pounds

|

8/13/2018 6:03 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

plowboy wrote:

MR. X wrote:

52.16 pounds

I didn't weigh it but it sure felt like 50 pounds worth. Square plates and hard to pick up. I'll be glad to get this plane done. Replacing all the instrumented plumbing, flight controls, etc with production units and running all the functional tests has been a pain. Just imagine an entire aircraft in boxes and reassembly with different parts. It actually flew the first flight with very few discrepancies. I've got a good crew.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius