Ok , so I just received a package from China.

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 3/28/2020 2:06pm
I saw an ad on here about 5 weeks ago for some hand made leather shoes ( Pearlfeet ). I thought they looked cool and comfortable , so I ordered two different pairs.

I know maybe this sounds paranoid as hell , but I'd rather be safe then sorry , with the conovirus thing going on over there. To be on the safe side , is there a time table of how long that virus can live without human contact? Like I said , I don't think I have anything to worry about , but I'd rather play it safe. What's your thoughts on this?
|
jeffro503
2/22/2020 1:31pm
Think I may just mist them down a little with some Lysol , and let them sit a week or so.
brlatm
2/22/2020 1:53pm
International shipments by sea are 18-20 days usually for my stuff I import, then you have at the dock, customs, etc. I thought the coronavirus was 14-day incubation but then I saw an article earlier about some lady that showed zero signs but infected 5 of her family.
ns503
2/22/2020 1:57pm
Just choot that chit with Lysol.

The Shop

jeffro503
2/22/2020 1:57pm
Well shit , I think I'll just leave the shoes in the package a couple weeks just in case , and then still spray them down a little after I open. No use taking a chance , even if it's a super small chance.

The shipping on these shoes took a while , but I've ordered other stuff from China , which got here in like 7 days.
Deja New
2/22/2020 2:24pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Well shit , I think I'll just leave the shoes in the package a couple weeks just in case , and then still spray them down...
Well shit , I think I'll just leave the shoes in the package a couple weeks just in case , and then still spray them down a little after I open. No use taking a chance , even if it's a super small chance.

The shipping on these shoes took a while , but I've ordered other stuff from China , which got here in like 7 days.
Looks like you’re safe mate...
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/02/03/801620037/no-you-w…

I got this a few weeks back for my little man....

Sweetd31
2/22/2020 3:05pm
A virus requires a host to replicate, and a virus is neither dead nor alive, they just are entities. You should be fine
2/22/2020 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2020 7:31pm
Don't listen to these uniformed sheep, this virus is the most infectious and deadly we have ever seen, and just by bringing that package from China into your house I'd say there's a good 90% chance you will get the conoravirus. If I was you I would move out for a while and get some professional fumigation guys in to disinfect your house with a germ fogger, read the symptoms and be very wary if you should feel any. You may also need a hazmat suit or a big plastic bubble if you want to be extra careful to ensure you don't spread it to anyone else.
jeffro503
2/22/2020 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2020 8:55pm
Don't listen to these uniformed sheep, this virus is the most infectious and deadly we have ever seen, and just by bringing that package from China...
Don't listen to these uniformed sheep, this virus is the most infectious and deadly we have ever seen, and just by bringing that package from China into your house I'd say there's a good 90% chance you will get the conoravirus. If I was you I would move out for a while and get some professional fumigation guys in to disinfect your house with a germ fogger, read the symptoms and be very wary if you should feel any. You may also need a hazmat suit or a big plastic bubble if you want to be extra careful to ensure you don't spread it to anyone else.
Yeah , no , for sure.....was gonna step up to that level. Or just buy a can of Lysol , and let them sit for a bit.

I know we joke about this shit , but in honesty , what if I did catch something from this package , and then spread it? I'm not as worried for myself , as I would be for the people that could possibly get it. That's why I'm trying to be safe about it. Why take a chance , when we can just take a couple minutes to make sure it doesn't spread? Which btw , 14 new people just got detected here in the states from Japan , and nobody knew about it.

I dunno , I don't think it's too funny as it's already killed over 2000 people , and that number keeps going up.
jeffro503
2/22/2020 8:57pm
The Thunderfoot vid on this was very interesting, definitely recommend checking out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEPi1KYanh4 Just shows the amazing difference simple precautions we can all take can potentially...
The Thunderfoot vid on this was very interesting, definitely recommend checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEPi1KYanh4

Just shows the amazing difference simple precautions we can all take can potentially make e.g washing hands after touching door knobs etc.
Thanks for the video man , but unfortunately since that video when they reported 700 deaths , we are now well over 2000 deaths. That's in one week. People keep making light of this shit and it's worse than what many think it is.
Deja New
2/22/2020 10:40pm
Defiantly take it seriously but also with common sense. I take everything light hearted upfront is just in my nature I’d also be the first to pack up my family and get them to safety if need be.
The past has shown us how dangerous these viruses can be such as the Spanish flu with estimate 20 - 50 million dead and the plague with estimates up to 200 million. With today’s international travel a spread is a lot quicker so if we see numbers higher than that I dread to think.
Deja New
2/22/2020 10:48pm
Maybe burn the shoes this is a bit worrying.....

2/23/2020 2:04am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 2:05am
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks for the video man , but unfortunately since that video when they reported 700 deaths , we are now well over 2000 deaths. That's in...
Thanks for the video man , but unfortunately since that video when they reported 700 deaths , we are now well over 2000 deaths. That's in one week. People keep making light of this shit and it's worse than what many think it is.
Oh man I agree. Iv'e said this before but other than doing what's in the vid in regards to hygiene, I think it's also a very good idea generally to have some dedicated supplies in the house so that if necessary you can keep away from crowded areas for as long as possible. Seemingly out of nowhere we now have a big outbreak in Italy.
2/23/2020 7:12am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 7:13am
The great thing about humans is that most have horrible cough etiquette, and viruses like this spread by coughing and breathing. But in theory your shoes could be covered in coronavirus and if you are just careful when opening them and simply washed your hands really good, or used alcohol hand sanitizer after touching them you would be fine. Your shoes aren't going to cough on you, or cough into their hands and grab a door knob.

However, the delivery driver could have coughed into his hand though before he touched your doorbell though......
FU2
2/23/2020 8:49am
jeffro503 wrote:
I saw an ad on here about 5 weeks ago for some hand made leather shoes ( Pearlfeet ). I thought they looked cool and comfortable...
I saw an ad on here about 5 weeks ago for some hand made leather shoes ( Pearlfeet ). I thought they looked cool and comfortable , so I ordered two different pairs.

I know maybe this sounds paranoid as hell , but I'd rather be safe then sorry , with the conovirus thing going on over there. To be on the safe side , is there a time table of how long that virus can live without human contact? Like I said , I don't think I have anything to worry about , but I'd rather play it safe. What's your thoughts on this?
Ask Bill Gates, he is the one funding those labrats that creating those viruses. Created in the uk by a English women and unleashed just a couple miles away from wuhan. Just another lab there.

News is not telling the truth about the deaths so far.. more then 1.5 million infected and over a 300k deaths.

With simpel words when it's your time to go then it's your time BUT with new shoes!!
Barrett57
2/23/2020 8:51am
FU2 wrote:
Ask Bill Gates, he is the one funding those labrats that creating those viruses. Created in the uk by a English women and unleashed just a...
Ask Bill Gates, he is the one funding those labrats that creating those viruses. Created in the uk by a English women and unleashed just a couple miles away from wuhan. Just another lab there.

News is not telling the truth about the deaths so far.. more then 1.5 million infected and over a 300k deaths.

With simpel words when it's your time to go then it's your time BUT with new shoes!!
Those numbers are interesting, what's your source?
Sweetd31
2/23/2020 12:53pm
FU2 wrote:
Ask Bill Gates, he is the one funding those labrats that creating those viruses. Created in the uk by a English women and unleashed just a...

Hmm I tell my family members and Biology/Anatomy & Physiology students that it has a mortality rate of ~ 2% in comparison to Ebola ~ 10%.

300,000/1,500,000 = 2%

Science... and math

Seeing as our grocery stores and department stores are littered with Chinese product, I think you'll be fine. Hence why we worry about airports, with warm bodied hosts.
Sweetd31
2/23/2020 1:06pm
Not to mention, viral infections are influenced heavily by the titer, or unit/volume of virus. Simply put, having sex with someone with HIV once does not guarantee you will get it (do not recommend), as you were probably (hopefully) exposed to a low titer. Whereas, sleeping with a partner repeatedly, or using needles intravenously (bypassing the body's initial defenses), your exposed to a much higher titer.

Its simple diffusion, the higher concentrated you are near an airborne virus, the more likely you are to get sick, which is why I always get sick going to the gallaria mall (the place is so huge, it is a small city).

Sorry I go overboard, I just love being a teacher, I'm an actual professor, not just a professor for a motocross videogame! I just happen to love motocross.
mulletman
2/23/2020 1:25pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
Hmm I tell my family members and Biology/Anatomy & Physiology students that it has a mortality rate of ~ 2% in comparison to Ebola ~ 10%...
Hmm I tell my family members and Biology/Anatomy & Physiology students that it has a mortality rate of ~ 2% in comparison to Ebola ~ 10%.

300,000/1,500,000 = 2%

Science... and math

Seeing as our grocery stores and department stores are littered with Chinese product, I think you'll be fine. Hence why we worry about airports, with warm bodied hosts.
That’s 20%.......
Deja New
2/23/2020 1:30pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
Not to mention, viral infections are influenced heavily by the titer, or unit/volume of virus. Simply put, having sex with someone with HIV once does not...
Not to mention, viral infections are influenced heavily by the titer, or unit/volume of virus. Simply put, having sex with someone with HIV once does not guarantee you will get it (do not recommend), as you were probably (hopefully) exposed to a low titer. Whereas, sleeping with a partner repeatedly, or using needles intravenously (bypassing the body's initial defenses), your exposed to a much higher titer.

Its simple diffusion, the higher concentrated you are near an airborne virus, the more likely you are to get sick, which is why I always get sick going to the gallaria mall (the place is so huge, it is a small city).

Sorry I go overboard, I just love being a teacher, I'm an actual professor, not just a professor for a motocross videogame! I just happen to love motocross.
Hope not a math professor Tongue
CM_84
2/23/2020 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 2:06pm
FU2 wrote:

Barrett57 wrote:
Those numbers are interesting, what's your source?
Drop-bearfacts.net?
Sweetd31
2/23/2020 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2020 2:24pm
Sweetd31 wrote:
Hmm I tell my family members and Biology/Anatomy & Physiology students that it has a mortality rate of ~ 2% in comparison to Ebola ~ 10%...

300,000/1,500,000 = 2%

Science... and math

mulletman wrote:
That’s 20%.......
Haha oh shit! my bad! Was a lot of zeros on my calculator, I started sweating!
Ebs
2/23/2020 6:41pm
What happens when the bubble wrap gets popped?
That's how it gets you, that little kid in the packaging dept blowing into the plastic to fill the bubbles probably died three weeks ago, but this corona breath is still in there.
JM485
2/23/2020 8:16pm
The great thing about humans is that most have horrible cough etiquette, and viruses like this spread by coughing and breathing. But in theory your shoes...
The great thing about humans is that most have horrible cough etiquette, and viruses like this spread by coughing and breathing. But in theory your shoes could be covered in coronavirus and if you are just careful when opening them and simply washed your hands really good, or used alcohol hand sanitizer after touching them you would be fine. Your shoes aren't going to cough on you, or cough into their hands and grab a door knob.

However, the delivery driver could have coughed into his hand though before he touched your doorbell though......
Totally unrelated to the Coronavirus pandemonium, but I swear to god whenever I watch someone couch into their hands I want to rid the world of that half witted dumb ass! Seriously, how the hell can anyone with half a fucking brain think that coughing into their hands is doing any bit of good when they're going to go touch a door knob, hand rail, or whatever the hell else 15 seconds later?! And even scarier, many of these brain dead morans have already reproduced and passed this genetic cranial deficiency on to their offspring, thus perpetuating the idiocy for generations to come. This cannot be rocket science to understand, just cough or sneeze into your damn arm or elbow.Pinch
Chance1216
2/23/2020 8:26pm
The great thing about humans is that most have horrible cough etiquette, and viruses like this spread by coughing and breathing. But in theory your shoes...

JM485 wrote:
Totally unrelated to the Coronavirus pandemonium, but I swear to god whenever I watch someone couch into their hands I want to rid the world of...
Totally unrelated to the Coronavirus pandemonium, but I swear to god whenever I watch someone couch into their hands I want to rid the world of that half witted dumb ass! Seriously, how the hell can anyone with half a fucking brain think that coughing into their hands is doing any bit of good when they're going to go touch a door knob, hand rail, or whatever the hell else 15 seconds later?! And even scarier, many of these brain dead morans have already reproduced and passed this genetic cranial deficiency on to their offspring, thus perpetuating the idiocy for generations to come. This cannot be rocket science to understand, just cough or sneeze into your damn arm or elbow.Pinch
Just think about that card reader at the grocery store. How many people per day touching that thing

Post a reply to: Ok , so I just received a package from China.

The Latest